Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) 13:03 - Jun 7 with 68460 viewsgandhiaber

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:22 - Jun 12 with 1931 viewsmagicdaps10

Calm down boys, you cant write him off before he has started.
I am a little uneasy about the potential appointment, based mainly on his lack of history especially in senior football but he has to be given a chance.
If we can convince certain players to stay and move on the Ayews and Baston, bring in a few new faces, surely we can look forward to the seasons start.

You have to give him a chance and more importantly your support from the off.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:31 - Jun 12 with 1869 views34dfgdf54

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:26 - Jun 12 by dickythorpe

A brilliant job!!!!

We were bottom of the league for conceding set piece goals mun!!!

Ok mate.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:32 - Jun 12 with 1864 viewsSwanseaman

I'm more worried about losing Mcburnie.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:36 - Jun 12 with 1848 viewsFireboy2

Well?

Has he signed then?
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:43 - Jun 12 with 1795 viewsvetchonian

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 18:55 - Jun 12 by dickythorpe

What a surprise Risca. How many play offs has pooper led a team to?

How many teams had Brendan led to playoffs when we appointed him....in the Championship?
Not forgetting he had been previously sacked for failing at another championship club and his record at Watford also in the championship was nothing to write home about....in fact many on here were heard to say " Brendan who ? " when he was appointed !

This time last year many on here were saying the sa,e about Potter....not having the experience to manage at this level...given the quality of the league he was managing in in Sweden yet given the hand he was dealt almost got us to the play offs......and yes we had defensive frailties but also remember our cent rack partnerships were raw....Mike VDH strong but both Rodon and Carter Vickers were learning....Potter made mistakes but has done enough to attract Premiership attention

I'm not a sheep I am a long standing fan who is still seething that so called fans sold our club down the river after taking from it over the last 7 years then selling it behind the trusts back for personal gain knowing there was going to be no investment.......Hubert then really put us in the dee brown stuf with his arrogance believing he knew and understood the transfer market.

As we stand we are a bit of a basket cas of a club and no " quality manager" such as Laudrub or maybe Hugton would want to come here as the potential to kill off their career. Is quite high with the current situation.When Birch stated he was impressed by the quality of the applicants it didn't necessarily mean that the applicants were Top drawer and names but maybe the qualifications and visions Thant were uncovered at interview.

I'm not a happy bunny about where we now find ourselves but we have been in worst places....I trust Curt and Leon as theses are two players who understand what our identity is about...have both been there for our visits to the top table...Curt for both of them and around for the low times in between....including that day against Hull...not forgettingLeon sharing the DVDs of that day with the PL team managed by Clement to help galvanise the team and get us away from relegation.
We are where we are..SCFC is my team ....I'm Swansea till I die.....the club is its fans....despite the ownership as we have proved .......we survived Michael Thopmson and Kevin Cullis, ,Tony Petty..et al.....we will come through this but we have to support the club doing that doesn't mean we are lining the Yanks pockets...the club needs cash to survive.......As with any manager the jury is out for me with Cooper ..I am not prepared to hang him before he has had a fair trial...I know of some fans who were unsure about Laudrups appointment....tha maybe he wouldn't fit into the Swansea way and philosophy of the club...we all have opinions that's what makes this country great that we have opinions and the privilege of free speech.....though that is becoming less so these days.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:45 - Jun 12 with 1790 viewsthornabyswan

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 18:55 - Jun 12 by dickythorpe

What a surprise Risca. How many play offs has pooper led a team to?

Are you 12

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:52 - Jun 12 with 1756 viewsGaryjack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:17 - Jun 12 by ItchySphincter

Josh Macechran.

It's always best to read the replies to the post before replying yourself!
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:53 - Jun 12 with 1750 viewsjack2jack

The silence is deafening.
Nothing from our club.
Nothing from Mr Birch.
Nothing from the owners
Nothing from The Trust, although I guess their hands are tied.
We are few weeks from Pre season.
What the actual fook is going on.
Anyone! Hello!
Login to get fewer ads

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:57 - Jun 12 with 1730 viewsSwanseaman

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:43 - Jun 12 by vetchonian

How many teams had Brendan led to playoffs when we appointed him....in the Championship?
Not forgetting he had been previously sacked for failing at another championship club and his record at Watford also in the championship was nothing to write home about....in fact many on here were heard to say " Brendan who ? " when he was appointed !

This time last year many on here were saying the sa,e about Potter....not having the experience to manage at this level...given the quality of the league he was managing in in Sweden yet given the hand he was dealt almost got us to the play offs......and yes we had defensive frailties but also remember our cent rack partnerships were raw....Mike VDH strong but both Rodon and Carter Vickers were learning....Potter made mistakes but has done enough to attract Premiership attention

I'm not a sheep I am a long standing fan who is still seething that so called fans sold our club down the river after taking from it over the last 7 years then selling it behind the trusts back for personal gain knowing there was going to be no investment.......Hubert then really put us in the dee brown stuf with his arrogance believing he knew and understood the transfer market.

As we stand we are a bit of a basket cas of a club and no " quality manager" such as Laudrub or maybe Hugton would want to come here as the potential to kill off their career. Is quite high with the current situation.When Birch stated he was impressed by the quality of the applicants it didn't necessarily mean that the applicants were Top drawer and names but maybe the qualifications and visions Thant were uncovered at interview.

I'm not a happy bunny about where we now find ourselves but we have been in worst places....I trust Curt and Leon as theses are two players who understand what our identity is about...have both been there for our visits to the top table...Curt for both of them and around for the low times in between....including that day against Hull...not forgettingLeon sharing the DVDs of that day with the PL team managed by Clement to help galvanise the team and get us away from relegation.
We are where we are..SCFC is my team ....I'm Swansea till I die.....the club is its fans....despite the ownership as we have proved .......we survived Michael Thopmson and Kevin Cullis, ,Tony Petty..et al.....we will come through this but we have to support the club doing that doesn't mean we are lining the Yanks pockets...the club needs cash to survive.......As with any manager the jury is out for me with Cooper ..I am not prepared to hang him before he has had a fair trial...I know of some fans who were unsure about Laudrups appointment....tha maybe he wouldn't fit into the Swansea way and philosophy of the club...we all have opinions that's what makes this country great that we have opinions and the privilege of free speech.....though that is becoming less so these days.

Same as you, i don't know if Cooper will do a great job or not. But out of all the applicants, he impressed to most so I think we should give him a try. There is far more chance of us finding a gem this way than by picking a journeyman.

By looking at the way his teams have been organized, good both defensively and in attack, it's not a total stab in the dark.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:00 - Jun 12 with 1710 viewsSwanseaman

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:53 - Jun 12 by jack2jack

Nothing from our club.
Nothing from Mr Birch.
Nothing from the owners
Anyone! Hello!

what happened to the announcement in 24 hours

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:00 - Jun 12 with 1712 viewsCooperman

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:53 - Jun 12 by jack2jack

Nothing from our club.
Nothing from Mr Birch.
Nothing from the owners
Anyone! Hello!

I think it's going a little too far to expect the club to announce that we haven't signed a new manager.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:05 - Jun 12 with 1680 viewsGaryjack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:00 - Jun 12 by Cooperman

I think it's going a little too far to expect the club to announce that we haven't signed a new manager.

This. Why announce now and pay them wages for a week to do nothing.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:09 - Jun 12 with 1649 viewsexiledclaseboy

I can confirm that the trust has no comment to offer on the club not having named a new manager.

Poll: Tory leader

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:11 - Jun 12 with 1641 viewsvetchonian

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:00 - Jun 12 by Swanseaman

Obviously the media had got it wrong........it is just journos and twits on twitter who have fuelled the imminent announcement rumour.....did anyone at the club come out with that statement?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:13 - Jun 12 with 1622 viewslonglostjack

I’ve heard that DC United have offered Cooper a better deal.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:16 - Jun 12 with 1589 viewsTailGunner

If your are open to Cooper being manager (I am) or against it it doesn't really matter.

He does poorly he gets sacked
He does well he gets poached.
18 months max.

Rinse and repeat.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:18 - Jun 12 with 1580 viewsJack11

Interesting about where this leaves Toshack now. It must be a bit of a kick in the teeth for him so he probably wants out. Yes Cooper has enjoyed greater success but in a lower age group, so they have similar credentials overall. If we wanted an academy manager to coach the first team, why didn’t we just promote the one we have? The one who knows the club, players and set up.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:23 - Jun 12 with 1542 viewsItchySphincter

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:52 - Jun 12 by Garyjack

It's always best to read the replies to the post before replying yourself!

Lol, wtf?!

Okay.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:28 - Jun 12 with 1510 viewsjack2jack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:00 - Jun 12 by Swanseaman

Wasn't it supposed to be yesterday?
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:28 - Jun 12 with 1509 viewslonglostjack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:18 - Jun 12 by Jack11

Interesting about where this leaves Toshack now. It must be a bit of a kick in the teeth for him so he probably wants out. Yes Cooper has enjoyed greater success but in a lower age group, so they have similar credentials overall. If we wanted an academy manager to coach the first team, why didn’t we just promote the one we have? The one who knows the club, players and set up.

Fair point.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:31 - Jun 12 with 1490 viewsjack2jack

So it's not Cooper.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:33 - Jun 12 with 1478 viewsjack2jack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:09 - Jun 12 by exiledclaseboy

I can confirm that the trust has no comment to offer on the club not having named a new manager.

Thank you.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:34 - Jun 12 with 1471 viewsGaryjack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:18 - Jun 12 by Jack11

We need someone with contacts. It's not just about knowing the players we have, we need better ones even if they're on loan. Toshack has zero contacts. I would hazard a guess and say with Coopers and Marsh's CV they would have a far greater network of contacts and knowledge of young players than Toshack,
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:37 - Jun 12 with 1455 viewsGaryjack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:23 - Jun 12 by ItchySphincter

Lol, wtf?!

Okay.

Scott Sinclair
Fabio Borini
Danny Graham

Lol, wtf?!

Okay.

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:40 - Jun 12 with 1417 viewsSwanjaxs

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:32 - Jun 12 by Swanseaman

I'm more worried about losing Mcburnie.

So are most of the bars in Wind St!

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024