Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) 13:03 - Jun 7 with 67164 viewsgandhiaber

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:50 - Jun 12 with 1876 viewsjack2jack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:40 - Jun 12 by Swanjaxs

So are most of the bars in Wind St!

Is that you Bingo😀
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:50 - Jun 12 with 1876 viewsdickythorpe

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:45 - Jun 12 by thornabyswan

Are you 12

Expected better than that from you.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:51 - Jun 12 with 1870 viewsTNT

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:17 - Jun 12 by Garyjack

Kevin Cullis.
Cullis' brief managerial career at the professional level came when he was appointed manager of Third Division Swansea City on 8 February 1996 by prospective new chairman Michael Thompson. He had never played nor coached in professional football and his only previous management experience was as the youth coach of non-league club Cradley Town,[1] then of the West Midlands (Regional) League Premier Division, and based at Cradley in the Black Country.

Cullis managed Swansea City for just one-and-a-half games: a 1—0 home defeat to Swindon Town and 45 minutes of an eventual 4-0 defeat at Blackpool. In the second match, which took place at Bloomfield Road on 13 February 1996, Cullis’ planned half-time team talk was ignored as the players took control. Christian Edwards gave the team talk and game plan instead, and Cullis resigned shortly afterwards.

Steve Cooper
At the age of 27, Cooper became a UEFA Pro Licence holder. On 3 September 2008, after being head of youth development at Wrexham, he was appointed at Liverpool, initially taking charge of the under-12's. On 18 July 2011, he was named Academy manager. Whilst at Liverpool, Cooper oversaw the development of such players as Raheem Sterling, Trent Alexander-Arnold, and Ben Woodburn. In 2013, Cooper joined the FA as a youth coach educator

On 13 October 2014, Cooper was appointed as manager of the England national under-16 team. The following year, he took charge of the under-17s, coaching players such as Jadon Sancho, Phil Foden, and Callum Hudson-Odoi. Cooper led his side to the final of the 2017 UEFA European U17 Championship, where they lost to Spain 4—1 on penalties following a 2—2 draw. Cooper's U17s then won the 2017 FIFA U17 World Cup in October 2017, beating Spain 5—2 in the final.

Cooper likes his teams to play "attractive football" with a "clear identity" and "good organisation and structure". He prefers his teams to control the game, stating "It's about playing our way... we want to play with purpose, dominate possession, play forward and get the ball back as quick as we can. That's always our plan."

Cooper coaches his teams to have "tactical discipline, composure, and aggression". He cites former Barcelona B coach José Segura as his main influence; the pair worked together at Liverpool's academy.

Yep, he's definitely on a par with Cullis!

'Christian Edwards gave the team talk and game plan instead, and Cullis resigned shortly afterwards'.

I thought Dave Penney took over the half time team talk, Gary?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:51 - Jun 12 with 1866 viewsSwanjaxs

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:50 - Jun 12 by jack2jack

Is that you Bingo😀

Aye its me, put Bingo to bed for a while 😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:55 - Jun 12 with 1833 viewsjack2jack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:51 - Jun 12 by Swanjaxs

Aye its me, put Bingo to bed for a while 😂

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:03 - Jun 12 with 1782 viewsSwanseaman

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:28 - Jun 12 by jack2jack

Wasn't it supposed to be yesterday?

yes, and it's gone up to 48 hours now, still nothing

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:12 - Jun 12 with 1747 viewsGaryjack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:51 - Jun 12 by TNT

'Christian Edwards gave the team talk and game plan instead, and Cullis resigned shortly afterwards'.

I thought Dave Penney took over the half time team talk, Gary?

I copied and pasted it from Wiki. From memory i believe it was Christian Edwards who told him he didn't know what he was talking about, and Dave Penney took over from there.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:12 - Jun 12 with 1748 viewsjack2jack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:03 - Jun 12 by Swanseaman

yes, and it's gone up to 48 hours now, still nothing

Any idea what the hold up is?
Contracts, holidays!
Login to get fewer ads

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:14 - Jun 12 with 1727 viewsGaryjack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:12 - Jun 12 by jack2jack

Any idea what the hold up is?
Contracts, holidays!

Or maybe start paying them when they start pre season training? Saves money innit!
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:21 - Jun 12 with 1681 viewsjack2jack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:14 - Jun 12 by Garyjack

Or maybe start paying them when they start pre season training? Saves money innit!

Or first game of the season, save even more😀
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:23 - Jun 12 with 1666 viewsbuilthjack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:18 - Jun 12 by Jack11

Interesting about where this leaves Toshack now. It must be a bit of a kick in the teeth for him so he probably wants out. Yes Cooper has enjoyed greater success but in a lower age group, so they have similar credentials overall. If we wanted an academy manager to coach the first team, why didn’t we just promote the one we have? The one who knows the club, players and set up.

It all seems very very odd

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:30 - Jun 12 with 1614 viewsItchySphincter

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:37 - Jun 12 by Garyjack

Scott Sinclair
Fabio Borini
Danny Graham

Lol, wtf?!

Okay.

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooshhhhhhhhh.........

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:33 - Jun 12 with 1595 viewsGaryjack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:21 - Jun 12 by jack2jack

Or first game of the season, save even more😀

Well not really. I'm sure they've already started their planning as it's done and dusted, but just let the English FA pay them until next week. Makes sense to me.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:33 - Jun 12 with 1596 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:00 - Jun 12 by Swanseaman

what happened to the announcement in 24 hours

24 hours is a long time in football (especially pre-season)

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:40 - Jun 12 with 1556 viewsjack2jack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:33 - Jun 12 by Garyjack

Well not really. I'm sure they've already started their planning as it's done and dusted, but just let the English FA pay them until next week. Makes sense to me.

Oh! Right, see what you mean, clevvvver.😉
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:47 - Jun 12 with 1523 viewsGaryjack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:30 - Jun 12 by ItchySphincter

Yes of course, that'll be it!
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:50 - Jun 12 with 1498 viewsItchySphincter

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:47 - Jun 12 by Garyjack

Yes of course, that'll be it!

Embarrassing, yet mildly amusing.

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:54 - Jun 12 with 1487 viewsjackrmee

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:20 - Jun 12 by Swanseaman

You've experienced a very strong gut feeling that Cooper will be a certain disaster if we appoint him.

This strong gut feeling has worried you so much, it has become a certain fact to you (going by your posts).

What about other people's gut feelings, what do they mean to you. Do you believe that there is even a slight chance that Cooper could do well.

My gut feeling is we have unearthed a gem :)

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:58 - Jun 12 with 1464 viewsjackrmee

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:26 - Jun 12 by dickythorpe

A brilliant job!!!!

We were bottom of the league for conceding set piece goals mun!!!

And still only just missed out on the playoffs mun

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 23:00 - Jun 12 with 1452 viewsGaryjack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:50 - Jun 12 by ItchySphincter

Embarrassing, yet mildly amusing.

Nah, you're embarrassing, but you've rarely amused me!
[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 23:01]
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 23:02 - Jun 12 with 1435 viewsjasper_T

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:34 - Jun 12 by Garyjack

We need someone with contacts. It's not just about knowing the players we have, we need better ones even if they're on loan. Toshack has zero contacts. I would hazard a guess and say with Coopers and Marsh's CV they would have a far greater network of contacts and knowledge of young players than Toshack,

You think Toshack and Richards haven't been doing opposition research in years of PL2 and international cup competition?
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 23:08 - Jun 12 with 1401 viewsjackrmee

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:16 - Jun 12 by TailGunner

If your are open to Cooper being manager (I am) or against it it doesn't really matter.

He does poorly he gets sacked
He does well he gets poached.
18 months max.

Rinse and repeat.

I agree. But this time Birch says he will have a setup behind the scenes and a plan so tht another manager can slot straight in to OUR setup :)

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 23:11 - Jun 12 with 1396 viewsItchySphincter

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 23:00 - Jun 12 by Garyjack

Nah, you're embarrassing, but you've rarely amused me!
[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 23:01]

Oh dear, looks like you really want to do this .....

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 23:12 - Jun 12 with 1391 viewsjackrmee

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:18 - Jun 12 by Jack11

Interesting about where this leaves Toshack now. It must be a bit of a kick in the teeth for him so he probably wants out. Yes Cooper has enjoyed greater success but in a lower age group, so they have similar credentials overall. If we wanted an academy manager to coach the first team, why didn’t we just promote the one we have? The one who knows the club, players and set up.

And scrap the whole interview process?

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 23:14 - Jun 12 with 1388 viewsGaryjack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 23:02 - Jun 12 by jasper_T

You think Toshack and Richards haven't been doing opposition research in years of PL2 and international cup competition?

Yes, no doubt. I just doubt their ability to attract them to our club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024