Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) 13:03 - Jun 7 with 68759 viewsgandhiaber

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 18:57 - Jun 9 with 4068 viewsjackrmee

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 17:02 - Jun 9 by monmouth

Well, reading that made me want to hurl.

Don’t get me wrong, if it works great, but all that pseudo science stuff and psychologist and iPad analysis bollocks just gets a gag response from me.

The total opposite for me see!

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:34 - Jun 9 with 3902 viewsmonmouth

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 18:57 - Jun 9 by jackrmee

The total opposite for me see!

I’m guessing you weren’t born in the 50s

🤣🤣

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:39 - Jun 9 with 3879 viewsBadlands

Read, in the Failsonline, some comment he'd made and agree with one of the posters - sounds like bit of a Tw@ like he's spent too long bullying kids.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:42 - Jun 9 with 3854 viewsgordondg

Can't believe Curt,Leon and Birch think he's a better coach/manager than Appleton,must be money.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:45 - Jun 9 with 3826 viewsGlyn1

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 17:02 - Jun 9 by monmouth

Well, reading that made me want to hurl.

Don’t get me wrong, if it works great, but all that pseudo science stuff and psychologist and iPad analysis bollocks just gets a gag response from me.

"Cooper, in his own words, says he prefers to play “attractive football” with a “clear identity”. "

So very unlike all those managers who go to interviews saying that they want their teams to play unattractive football with no clear idea of what they're doing.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:46 - Jun 9 with 3813 viewsNotLoyal

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 17:14 - Jun 9 by jack247

Where would they go?

Is their promotion the only scenario you don’t see them leaving?

In answer to numerous comments, let's not forget Toshack wanted out 18 months ago and went for the Barnsley job, not getting a sniff here would be pretty much a crossroads for him. Put yourself in his shoes, it is almost a forced decision to leave if Cooper gets it.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:50 - Jun 9 with 3784 viewsjack247

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:46 - Jun 9 by NotLoyal

In answer to numerous comments, let's not forget Toshack wanted out 18 months ago and went for the Barnsley job, not getting a sniff here would be pretty much a crossroads for him. Put yourself in his shoes, it is almost a forced decision to leave if Cooper gets it.

Ok, let me rephrase.

Would either of them get better jobs elsewhere?
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:59 - Jun 9 with 3723 viewsjack247

I’d rather go for this kind of left field, maverick appointment than settle for the boring, percentage football the likes of Bowen or Adkins would bring.

Hadn’t heard of Cooper until yesterday. Sounds odd, but I’d prefer a relative unknown to someone with years of mediocrity under his belt.
Login to get fewer ads

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:19 - Jun 9 with 3621 viewsBadlands

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 19:59 - Jun 9 by jack247

I’d rather go for this kind of left field, maverick appointment than settle for the boring, percentage football the likes of Bowen or Adkins would bring.

Hadn’t heard of Cooper until yesterday. Sounds odd, but I’d prefer a relative unknown to someone with years of mediocrity under his belt.

Michael Kollner apart, It looks like we have not made any effort to look outside the UK.
Given the style, we claim, we want to develop the chances of getting a UK manager capable of that are far, far less likely than finding a gem from Europe.
Is a successful manager in a mud-table Swedish or Danish club going to cost any more than the names who are being mentioned?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:22 - Jun 9 with 3456 viewsymaohyd

Any appointment is a risk, such is the nature of football.

A little concerned however, that as well as Birch has done so far, the recruitment process has smacked of being organised by a chartered accountant. Lots of interviews, shortlists and seemingly Cooper's PowerPoint presentation getting him the job!

Not sure good managers are discovered by the strength of their presentation skills!

But who knows?!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:25 - Jun 9 with 3443 viewsNotLoyal

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:22 - Jun 9 by ymaohyd

Any appointment is a risk, such is the nature of football.

A little concerned however, that as well as Birch has done so far, the recruitment process has smacked of being organised by a chartered accountant. Lots of interviews, shortlists and seemingly Cooper's PowerPoint presentation getting him the job!

Not sure good managers are discovered by the strength of their presentation skills!

But who knows?!

I'm struggling to see where Birch has done well.

OK I've changed it.

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:28 - Jun 9 with 3424 viewsQJumpingJack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:25 - Jun 9 by NotLoyal

Birch is communicating well to the fans.

He also seems to be getting business done and quickly.ie Dan James unlike the Glyfi deal.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:37 - Jun 9 with 3365 viewsNotLoyal

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:28 - Jun 9 by QJumpingJack

Birch is communicating well to the fans.

He also seems to be getting business done and quickly.ie Dan James unlike the Glyfi deal.

Judge well out for me.

OK I've changed it.

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:38 - Jun 9 with 3358 viewsKilkennyjack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 11:59 - Jun 9 by NotLoyal

So think carefully.
He gets appointed on a pittance salary, Toshack and Richards will fück off ( more money saved ) is this really the way forward ?

Richards will not walk.

Gave up as a postman to take the job with us.
Been changes before and he never walks.

Beware of the Risen People

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:44 - Jun 9 with 3321 viewsTNT

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:37 - Jun 9 by NotLoyal

Judge well out for me.

Me too.

Deja vu.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:20 - Jun 9 with 3206 viewsItchySphincter

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:37 - Jun 9 by NotLoyal

Judge well out for me.

Jury for me but yeah.....

He’s done a good job of communicating so far - the problem is that he’s had nothing to say. Funny to see grown men fawning over him like they do the managers that up and leave every five minutes.

My Pompey mate loves him mind, so that’s a positive.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:24 - Jun 9 with 3185 viewsDarran

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:20 - Jun 9 by ItchySphincter

Jury for me but yeah.....

He’s done a good job of communicating so far - the problem is that he’s had nothing to say. Funny to see grown men fawning over him like they do the managers that up and leave every five minutes.

My Pompey mate loves him mind, so that’s a positive.

This. ⬆️

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 01:31 - Jun 10 with 2887 viewsGlyn1

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 21:25 - Jun 9 by NotLoyal

Is there anywhere so far where you think that he has done badly? So far he seems to be a safe pair of hands who actually knows what he's doing.

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 01:39 - Jun 10 with 2882 viewsGlyn1

We don't seem any longer to pick experienced managers who are a safe bet. If you look at the managers we've had in the modern era, every single one of them came here with something to prove.

It's either their first job in management: Martinez, Monk.
Or their first job in England and Wales: Laudrup, Guidolin, Bradley, Potter.
Or they've come here after failing elsewhere: Carvalho, Rodgers, Clement.

I'd say that at least 5 of those were definite successes, so maybe Cooper is worth a chance. If he and Potter had been interviewed a year ago, I'm not sure that Potter would have got the job.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2019 1:41]

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 05:53 - Jun 10 with 2761 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 01:31 - Jun 10 by Glyn1

Is there anywhere so far where you think that he has done badly? So far he seems to be a safe pair of hands who actually knows what he's doing.

Agreed. For some the jury may be out but to be fair he’s actively looking to get the fans on board and to overcome the toxic disconnect that’s become prevalent since our relegation last year.

Two good signs, firstly he’s trying hard to put us all in the picture regarding the finances and has come out and said there’s not going to be a fire sale. Secondly he didn’t just let Dan James go for next to nothing a la Petty with Stuart Roberts. 18 million potentially is a great deal with 15 million up front a sign of a tough negotiator.

The proof of the pudding will come whenever the Ayews and Borja leave permanently. A good positive statement of intent then and some wise player acquisitions should be enough to silence the doubters. A fire fighter he may be but first and foremost he’s a football man who wants a club on his watch to succeed. On the face of it I’ll stick my neck out and say that in our position he’s the best appointment the Americans could have made. Here’s hoping that he takes the club forward.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 07:41 - Jun 10 with 2612 viewsDr_Winston

Getting nearly £20m potentially (with even more in sell on clauses) for a 21 yr old with one season behind him and one year left on his deal is a staggeringly good job. On a par with getting £45m for Sigurdsson.

Birch is talking a good game and all his actions tally with what we know about the state of the club. Is he a bullshit merchant covering for people sucking millions out of the club? Possible, but so far there's been no evidence to support that hypothesis.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 08:24 - Jun 10 with 2481 viewsWarwickHunt

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 18:56 - Jun 9 by jackrmee

Sounds like this Cooper impressed big time in the interviews.
Some soundbites in the press make him sound quite contemporary and exciting imo>

https://swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk/steve-cooper-swanseas-preferred-choice-his-p

I’m with Monny, Cooper sounds like a cock.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 08:27 - Jun 10 with 2469 viewsjackrmee

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 08:24 - Jun 10 by WarwickHunt

I’m with Monny, Cooper sounds like a cock.

Na, I'm buying a new unicorn

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 08:33 - Jun 10 with 2439 viewsWarwickHunt

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 08:27 - Jun 10 by jackrmee

Na, I'm buying a new unicorn

Wait for Brexit - we’ll have golden ones.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 08:36 - Jun 10 with 2424 viewsjackrmee

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 08:33 - Jun 10 by WarwickHunt

Wait for Brexit - we’ll have golden ones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024