Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) 13:03 - Jun 7 with 68768 viewsgandhiaber

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:25 - Jun 10 with 3206 viewsBobbyBacala

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 20:42 - Jun 10 by Badlands

TBH I'd rather see him taking over the academy and let Toshack take over the senior team. Toshack's influence coincided with improved results when he assisted managers in the past and has worked with players who are nearer senior standards than Cooper.
His attitude strikes me as being like Bradley but a bully with it - OK for kids but grown ups?

I haven't been paying much attention over the past few weeks and don't know much about the guy, but what makes you say that about his attitude?

I can't think of a way of making the question sound less accusatory - I'm honestly just curious!
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:25 - Jun 10 with 3199 viewsswan65split

I"ll just take a tab , and go to bed and hope it s a good dream and not a bad ending!
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:57 - Jun 10 with 2995 viewsSwanseaman

He may do well he may not. Martinez was 34 when he became our manager and had zero experience. John Toshack was 29 when he took over and he had zero managerial experience.

Cooper has done well so far, he has more experience than the two above, and we do have a lot of youngsters so he may be a good fit for us. If Cooper has what it takes, this will be his chance to show it.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 23:05 - Jun 10 with 2927 viewsSwanseaman

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/10/swansea-managerial-vacancy-stev

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 23:09 - Jun 10 with 2895 viewsKilkennyjack

I think the Championship is a tough league for a novice.

I would have gone for some experience.... cos the team itself lacks experience.

The new chairman needs this to work.?

Beware of the Risen People

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 23:10 - Jun 10 with 2890 viewssainthelens

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 23:05 - Jun 10 by Swanseaman

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/10/swansea-managerial-vacancy-stev

I think the WAGS will be safe.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 00:02 - Jun 11 with 2732 viewslonglostjack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:17 - Jun 10 by Headmaster

Interesting post, worth a read:

Interesting but to to be honest way above my head. There again I haven’t got any coaching badges. I’d stand a better chance of becoming Tory leader I reckon. I’d like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony.......
[Post edited 11 Jun 2019 0:09]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 00:02 - Jun 11 with 2729 viewsfrancos16

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 23:09 - Jun 10 by Kilkennyjack

Pressed wrong arrow . Totally agree experience needed . How is this novice going to handle some of the strong characters in the changing room when they start having their say. And on what basis will he be able to gain their confidence and respect ..... unfortunately I am World Cup Winner ....under 17 .... might just not be enough
Login to get fewer ads

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 00:14 - Jun 11 with 2700 viewstheloneranger

Now I can see where Garry Monk got his diamond from!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 00:49 - Jun 11 with 2664 viewsTreforys_Jack

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 00:02 - Jun 11 by francos16

Pressed wrong arrow . Totally agree experience needed . How is this novice going to handle some of the strong characters in the changing room when they start having their say. And on what basis will he be able to gain their confidence and respect ..... unfortunately I am World Cup Winner ....under 17 .... might just not be enough

What strong characters? Serious question.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 00:50 - Jun 11 with 2659 viewsjackrmee

That's fuking fantastic! Well found sir! I love it!

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 00:57 - Jun 11 with 2650 viewsjackrmee

He's said that his players usually come to decisions together as a group. Sometimes he will tell them, he wants to do it a different way.
He has coaches for when we have the ball and coaches for when we don't.
Sounds to me as if it will be more of a team effort.

I'm getting more and more excited about this with every new article I read.
Could go either way, but I'd rather gamble on this, than any of the others without doubt tbh.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 06:34 - Jun 11 with 2433 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Potter wasn’t exactly Attila the Hun and that didn’t go too badly did it? The strong characters (or disruptive elements aka) have left our dressing room for good hopefully, all we have now are kids, Nath, Wayne and Naughton. Hardly Monk and Williams lol are they?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 06:43 - Jun 11 with 2401 viewsDr_Winston

Damned before he starts and condemned as the "cheap option" when the club could have appointed someone already here.

Good luck Steve. You're going to need it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 07:13 - Jun 11 with 2320 viewsThornburyswan

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 23:09 - Jun 10 by Kilkennyjack

Wouldn't argue with that although if it's right about Mike Marsh as his number 2 he will add some level of experience plus contacts gained under Dagliesh & Wagner at both Liverpool & Huddesfield.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 07:20 - Jun 11 with 2301 viewsmagicdaps10

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 06:43 - Jun 11 by Dr_Winston

Damned before he starts and condemned as the "cheap option" when the club could have appointed someone already here.

Good luck Steve. You're going to need it.

As I have said back in the post, he is a cheap option but that is not the issue.

We could have gone for Houghton, Jokanovic or Pulis but we went for Cooper for our own reasons but ultimately is a cheaper option if that was planned or not.....we all know that answer.

You are right though, he will need some luck unless the board support him.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 07:30 - Jun 11 with 2255 viewsDr_Winston

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 07:20 - Jun 11 by magicdaps10

As I have said back in the post, he is a cheap option but that is not the issue.

We could have gone for Houghton, Jokanovic or Pulis but we went for Cooper for our own reasons but ultimately is a cheaper option if that was planned or not.....we all know that answer.

You are right though, he will need some luck unless the board support him.

The fact that you even mentioned Pulis as an option is bad enough.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 07:37 - Jun 11 with 2220 viewsmagicdaps10

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 07:30 - Jun 11 by Dr_Winston

The fact that you even mentioned Pulis as an option is bad enough.

I agree he should have not been an option but I just used him as an example.

You are obviously missing the point, or even worse, dont want to see it.

I hope he succeeds but ultimately to what was available(right or wrong), he was a cheaper option.

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 07:39 - Jun 11 with 2214 viewsDr_Winston

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 07:37 - Jun 11 by magicdaps10

I hope he succeeds but ultimately to what was available(right or wrong), he was a cheaper option.

You have no point. You're just looking for reasons to whinge. It's what you do.

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 07:46 - Jun 11 with 2194 viewsmagicdaps10

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 07:39 - Jun 11 by Dr_Winston

You have no point. You're just looking for reasons to whinge. It's what you do.

The point is, you whinged that people will say he will be a cheap option, I pointed out ultimately he is a cheap option compared to what else we could have got.

Ultimately that was always going to be the option with the board we have. Inexperienced managers have worked for us before in Roberto so hopefully it does again.

As stated, if he gets some support then I think he will be fine......if he doesnt then it will be a hard season.

There is a point Winston, there genuinely is.

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 07:46 - Jun 11 with 2194 viewsSwanDownUnder

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 07:37 - Jun 11 by magicdaps10

So you would rather have Pulis because he is more expensive?
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 07:47 - Jun 11 with 2183 viewsmagicdaps10

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 07:46 - Jun 11 by SwanDownUnder

So you would rather have Pulis because he is more expensive?

Not Pulis as explained but you missed, that was an example.

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 08:23 - Jun 11 with 2053 viewstrinityann

I am happy with the choice. I didn't want another tried/tested and failed type of manager bouncing from club to club.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 08:31 - Jun 11 with 2019 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 11:59 - Jun 9 by NotLoyal

So think carefully.
He gets appointed on a pittance salary, Toshack and Richards will fück off ( more money saved ) is this really the way forward ?

It's the cheapest way forward and a massive gamble!
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 08:34 - Jun 11 with 2015 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I know nothing about him and wish him all the success in the world. One of the things we have become known for is giving inexperienced young managers a chance. I’d much rather that than plucking a manager off the roundabout of failure as so many clubs do.

It’s a gamble but they’re all gambles. Hopefully he’ll stay at least a couple of seasons and by then will be being looked at by bigger and richer clubs. If he then becomes Judas number 4 or 5 or whatever we’re up to now it will be proof that he’s done well.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024