Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) 13:03 - Jun 7 with 67168 viewsgandhiaber

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 08:36 - Jun 11 with 2225 viewsnantywatcher

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 07:47 - Jun 11 by magicdaps10

Not Pulis as explained but you missed, that was an example.

In this life it's quite common for the cheaper option to provide the better quality: food, cars, clothing etc etc.
I'm quietly enthused about this appointment.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 08:47 - Jun 11 with 2178 viewsraynor94

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 07:46 - Jun 11 by magicdaps10

The point is, you whinged that people will say he will be a cheap option, I pointed out ultimately he is a cheap option compared to what else we could have got.

Ultimately that was always going to be the option with the board we have. Inexperienced managers have worked for us before in Roberto so hopefully it does again.

As stated, if he gets some support then I think he will be fine......if he doesnt then it will be a hard season.

There is a point Winston, there genuinely is.

Come on then who was your choice?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 08:57 - Jun 11 with 2130 viewsmagicdaps10

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 08:47 - Jun 11 by raynor94

Oscar Garcia.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 09:00 - Jun 11 with 2104 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 07:13 - Jun 11 by Thornburyswan

Wouldn't argue with that although if it's right about Mike Marsh as his number 2 he will add some level of experience plus contacts gained under Dagliesh & Wagner at both Liverpool & Huddesfield.

Contacts are important for us, will he be able to persuade some of the young English stars he has coached to come on loan from the big 6, if so that could add value?
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 09:01 - Jun 11 with 2096 viewsmagicdaps10

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 08:36 - Jun 11 by nantywatcher

In this life it's quite common for the cheaper option to provide the better quality: food, cars, clothing etc etc.
I'm quietly enthused about this appointment.

Cant disagree with that, good way to put it over.

I am quite excited with the appointment, young and eager to prove himself and will be aware of many a good young player around the world.

The phrase reset button has been mentioned and the appointment goes hand in hand with that phrase.

He will need support and there is hope in Birch, Curt and Leon on the scene.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 09:03 - Jun 11 with 2081 viewsWarwickHunt

Better than A.Manager off the merry-go-round. Appleton and Eustace didn’t exactly get the pulse racing either.

Could be an inspired choice, could be a disaster. Never a dull moment...

Anyway, who do we fancy in November?
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 09:16 - Jun 11 with 2027 viewsjackrmee

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 07:20 - Jun 11 by magicdaps10

As I have said back in the post, he is a cheap option but that is not the issue.

We could have gone for Houghton, Jokanovic or Pulis but we went for Cooper for our own reasons but ultimately is a cheaper option if that was planned or not.....we all know that answer.

You are right though, he will need some luck unless the board support him.

I don't think he was chosen over those you mention due to money. They don't fit, he does.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 09:19 - Jun 11 with 2015 viewsjackrmee

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 08:34 - Jun 11 by Joe_bradshaw

I know nothing about him and wish him all the success in the world. One of the things we have become known for is giving inexperienced young managers a chance. I’d much rather that than plucking a manager off the roundabout of failure as so many clubs do.

It’s a gamble but they’re all gambles. Hopefully he’ll stay at least a couple of seasons and by then will be being looked at by bigger and richer clubs. If he then becomes Judas number 4 or 5 or whatever we’re up to now it will be proof that he’s done well.

Exactly, and Birch has said they will be ready for it this time when our manager gets taken from us, so that type of thing won't affect us any more. All good.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Login to get fewer ads

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 09:20 - Jun 11 with 2000 viewsjackrmee

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 09:01 - Jun 11 by magicdaps10

Cant disagree with that, good way to put it over.

I am quite excited with the appointment, young and eager to prove himself and will be aware of many a good young player around the world.

The phrase reset button has been mentioned and the appointment goes hand in hand with that phrase.

He will need support and there is hope in Birch, Curt and Leon on the scene.

I don't think it will be reset button time. GP made a good start last year and this appointment will enable that to carry on somewhat.

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 09:36 - Jun 11 with 1930 viewsjack247

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 09:16 - Jun 11 by jackrmee

I don't think he was chosen over those you mention due to money. They don't fit, he does.

I don’t think money is as much as an issue with managers. He won’t be on anywhere near Ayew money and nor would anyone else we interviewed.

Even amongst the drastic cost cutting last season, they were prepared to pay compensation for Potter and his team, rather than reappoint Carvahal or get a free agent.

I’d agree, he probably is cheap, but this appointment is more about fit than finances.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 09:39 - Jun 11 with 1918 viewsandypitt56

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 09:36 - Jun 11 by jack247

I don’t think money is as much as an issue with managers. He won’t be on anywhere near Ayew money and nor would anyone else we interviewed.

Even amongst the drastic cost cutting last season, they were prepared to pay compensation for Potter and his team, rather than reappoint Carvahal or get a free agent.

I’d agree, he probably is cheap, but this appointment is more about fit than finances.

I am quietly confident about this appointment. They have clearly taken their time to chose him. Lets hope they announce it soon, then get the recruitment position sorted ASAP!

There i still a lot to do before the players get back to pre-season.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 09:49 - Jun 11 with 1869 viewsgordondg

Hope he involves Wayne and Leon in a coaching capacity,future proofing.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 09:55 - Jun 11 with 1840 viewssainthelens

In what is going to be a real precarious season for us , this is a massive gamble. Really think we need stability for now . Are we honestly that skint that he's the best we could get? Never managed/coached a senior team of any note.....when the going gets rough ( which it will) I've massive doubts that this guy will have the savvy to pull us through.
It's just a gut feeling. Wish him well , but come xmas i doubt he'll be here.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 09:57 - Jun 11 with 1831 viewsdickythorpe

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 09:55 - Jun 11 by sainthelens

In what is going to be a real precarious season for us , this is a massive gamble. Really think we need stability for now . Are we honestly that skint that he's the best we could get? Never managed/coached a senior team of any note.....when the going gets rough ( which it will) I've massive doubts that this guy will have the savvy to pull us through.

Bang on Saint. It's a disaster in the making
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:03 - Jun 11 with 1808 viewsjackrmee

Na, we don't need stability. We need forward thinking people who believe they can do that with young, talented, inexperienced players.
It could have been argued that we needed stability last season, as GP was a novice at this level and we'd just sold most of our squad. It was far from stable last year but was instead full of excitement and intrigue. More of the same for me please.

Maybe your doubts would have disappeared had you been in the interviews and presentations with them all, who knows, as we will never have access to them, but the team Birch has with him to make these decisions, plus his expertise, makes me trust them more than thinking it's purely about money.

Come Christmas, I think we will all be singing his praises. Bar a few who will undoubtedly think they are better managers than him and will bemoan every mistake. Oh and another few who pretend to support this club, yet don't and will slag him off whatever happens.

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:06 - Jun 11 with 1793 viewssainthelens

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:03 - Jun 11 by jackrmee

Na, we don't need stability. We need forward thinking people who believe they can do that with young, talented, inexperienced players.
It could have been argued that we needed stability last season, as GP was a novice at this level and we'd just sold most of our squad. It was far from stable last year but was instead full of excitement and intrigue. More of the same for me please.

Maybe your doubts would have disappeared had you been in the interviews and presentations with them all, who knows, as we will never have access to them, but the team Birch has with him to make these decisions, plus his expertise, makes me trust them more than thinking it's purely about money.

Come Christmas, I think we will all be singing his praises. Bar a few who will undoubtedly think they are better managers than him and will bemoan every mistake. Oh and another few who pretend to support this club, yet don't and will slag him off whatever happens.

Listen pal, every part of me hopes you're right and I'm wrong.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:07 - Jun 11 with 1789 viewsmonmouth

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 22:57 - Jun 10 by Swanseaman

He may do well he may not. Martinez was 34 when he became our manager and had zero experience. John Toshack was 29 when he took over and he had zero managerial experience.

Cooper has done well so far, he has more experience than the two above, and we do have a lot of youngsters so he may be a good fit for us. If Cooper has what it takes, this will be his chance to show it.

I’m not criticising the new bloke at all. To be honest seeing the options, it’s all pretty much Russian roulette , so I’m pretty much indifferent.

It’s not like Martinez or Toshack though. Martinez already had mostly everyone behind him and knew what he was working with and Toshack had Shankly. Badlands is right, working with kids and working with first team pros is very different. Best case scenario is that he really can bridge the two. That would be a major win.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:07 - Jun 11 with 1783 viewsjack247

Who brings us stability though? You could easily argue a manager likely to play a similar style to Potter and similar to the way the under 23s have played under Toshack and Richards would give us more stability than an experienced manager playing a more mundane style our players aren’t as used to.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:11 - Jun 11 with 1765 viewsjackrmee

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:06 - Jun 11 by sainthelens

Listen pal, every part of me hopes you're right and I'm wrong.

Me too mate. And I know you'll be one of the ones singing his praises

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:11 - Jun 11 with 1766 views34dfgdf54

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 08:47 - Jun 11 by raynor94

Someone who doesn’t hate us I would have preferred tbh.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:13 - Jun 11 with 1749 viewsjackrmee

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:07 - Jun 11 by monmouth

I’m not criticising the new bloke at all. To be honest seeing the options, it’s all pretty much Russian roulette , so I’m pretty much indifferent.

It’s not like Martinez or Toshack though. Martinez already had mostly everyone behind him and knew what he was working with and Toshack had Shankly. Badlands is right, working with kids and working with first team pros is very different. Best case scenario is that he really can bridge the two. That would be a major win.

...which obviously helped Martinez to feel comfortable and confident, but I don't think he would have failed if he hadn't have had all those people already behind him. He would still have succeeded.

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:13 - Jun 11 with 1744 viewssainthelens

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:11 - Jun 11 by jackrmee

Me too mate. And I know you'll be one of the ones singing his praises

And if it goes tits up you'll call him all the cvnts going.
That's life.
Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:15 - Jun 11 with 1736 viewsraynor94

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:11 - Jun 11 by 34dfgdf54

Someone who doesn’t hate us I would have preferred tbh.

Ah right, he's on a mission to take us down, welcome agent Cooper

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:16 - Jun 11 with 1721 viewsThrasher6

None of us have a crystal ball so we just don't know how it's going to pan out. I am quietly optimistic but agree with some that it could end in tears.
I think he'll ask a lot of questions of the players because he clearly goes into detail. He will push them. How they react to that is anyone's guess, but it might be the kick up the arse a few of our lot need. Certainly Mike Marsh is a big bonus as the enforcer and he'll take no sh@t from anyone.
Don't think Cooper has a lot of charisma and that could play against him.
We also need to play the loan market much better than we have, and I think he'll enhance our chances of that.
So I'm in....but with a few reservations

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:25 - Jun 11 with 1673 viewsnantywatcher

Steve Cooper will be announced shortly (n/t) on 10:16 - Jun 11 by Thrasher6

None of us have a crystal ball so we just don't know how it's going to pan out. I am quietly optimistic but agree with some that it could end in tears.
I think he'll ask a lot of questions of the players because he clearly goes into detail. He will push them. How they react to that is anyone's guess, but it might be the kick up the arse a few of our lot need. Certainly Mike Marsh is a big bonus as the enforcer and he'll take no sh@t from anyone.
Don't think Cooper has a lot of charisma and that could play against him.
We also need to play the loan market much better than we have, and I think he'll enhance our chances of that.
So I'm in....but with a few reservations

"Don't think Cooper has a lot of charisma and that could play against him."

None of us has seen him in an interview or press conferenc,e as yet - many posters on here (DickyThorpe etc) are taking a lot for-granted about the man.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024