Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? 10:28 - Jun 8 with 7280 viewsNotLoyal

I sense they are smelling the Yankee dollar here.
Selling off the youngsters and no more coming through or joining us.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 10:34 - Jun 8 with 3363 viewsCooperman

Almost certainly not.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 10:40 - Jun 8 with 3333 viewssg1912

Probably is enough, but the usual suspects (who are definitely ‘not’ associated with club) will try and make up another excuse to justify the asset stripping that is currently happening.
Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 10:43 - Jun 8 with 3326 viewsCooperman

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 10:40 - Jun 8 by sg1912

Probably is enough, but the usual suspects (who are definitely ‘not’ associated with club) will try and make up another excuse to justify the asset stripping that is currently happening.

Right’o, here’s one for you... how are we going to pay the wages of Ayew x 2 for the next 12 months?

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 10:59 - Jun 8 with 3269 viewsDrGonzo

Isn't it a 30 million black hole? So 15 off that with Dans sale. Hopefully we can clear dead wood for the rest and not HAVE to sell any of our better players.
Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 11:10 - Jun 8 with 3224 viewsmagicdaps10

Hopefully gives us a little leeway in paying signing on fees for some free agents.
We dont need to spend much in this league but it is paramount that we get the Ayews and Baston off the wages......get them gone and we are in a good situation.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 11:14 - Jun 8 with 3214 viewsjack247

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 10:43 - Jun 8 by Cooperman

Right’o, here’s one for you... how are we going to pay the wages of Ayew x 2 for the next 12 months?

Exactly. They screwed up so badly they have to sell our most valuable asset to pay the wages of players who won’t set foot in Swansea next season.
Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 11:17 - Jun 8 with 3198 viewsCooperman

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 11:14 - Jun 8 by jack247

Exactly. They screwed up so badly they have to sell our most valuable asset to pay the wages of players who won’t set foot in Swansea next season.

Coupled with the fact that James won’t sign a new contract. We simply cannot afford for him to walk for free in twelve months; we wouldn’t allow that to happen even if we had shifted the Ayew’s and Baston.

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 11:23 - Jun 8 with 3182 viewsjack247

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 11:17 - Jun 8 by Cooperman

Coupled with the fact that James won’t sign a new contract. We simply cannot afford for him to walk for free in twelve months; we wouldn’t allow that to happen even if we had shifted the Ayew’s and Baston.

Which again is ridiculous. He’d have been gagging to sign one September/October or whenever it was he started getting regular games.

We can certainly add letting our biggest asset run his contract down to the list of cock ups.
Login to get fewer ads

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 11:30 - Jun 8 with 3157 viewssg1912

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 10:43 - Jun 8 by Cooperman

What will your excuse be when we move the Ayews?
Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 11:34 - Jun 8 with 3137 viewsmagicdaps10

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 11:17 - Jun 8 by Cooperman

He wouldnt walk for free! Arguably we wouldnt get 18m but a good season could see riches higher than 18m if we got promoted.

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 11:48 - Jun 8 with 3072 viewsNeath_Jack

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 11:23 - Jun 8 by jack247

Which again is ridiculous. He’d have been gagging to sign one September/October or whenever it was he started getting regular games.

We can certainly add letting our biggest asset run his contract down to the list of cock ups.

It wouldn't have made a difference if Dan had a 30 year contract with us. When Man Utd come calling, all bets are off.

Even if we were still in the Premier League he'd have gone.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 11:49 - Jun 8 with 3066 viewsCooperman

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 11:30 - Jun 8 by sg1912

What will your excuse be when we move the Ayews?

"When we move the Ayew's" - you make it sound like it's as simple as moving pieces around a board game. As you failed to answer the first question that I asked you I will give you a second. Which clubs do you think are lined up and willing to take the Ayew's off our hands and more importantly cover the enourmous salaries? Go on, have a go.

I will answer your question though; moving the Ayew's and their salaries off our books will result in a far healthier business plan. This won't be completely risk free though as the Ayew's are not the only hangover from our time in the Premier League. Even when we reach the stage where we do clear up the financial mess I still don't see the Americans investing heavily; we will be run within the means of the club with a medium to long term goal of returning to the Premier League where I expect us to be sold at break even or small profit.

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 11:51 - Jun 8 with 3059 viewsCooperman

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 11:34 - Jun 8 by magicdaps10

He wouldnt walk for free! Arguably we wouldnt get 18m but a good season could see riches higher than 18m if we got promoted.

Why wouldn't he walk for free?

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 11:53 - Jun 8 with 3044 viewsNeath_Jack

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 11:51 - Jun 8 by Cooperman

Jasper was saying we'd get a couple of millions for him, due to his age and development with us. Tribunal.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 11:58 - Jun 8 with 3027 viewsmagicdaps10

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 11:51 - Jun 8 by Cooperman

Under 24s will require a compensation fee.

Abroad IS a different situation.

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 11:58 - Jun 8 with 3027 viewsCooperman

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 11:53 - Jun 8 by Neath_Jack

Jasper was saying we'd get a couple of millions for him, due to his age and development with us. Tribunal.

Aye, in my own mind that's basically giving him away for nothing when compared to the money on the table now. We never have and never will turn offers like this down and in an ideal world we would be recycling the cash for up and coming talent rather than paying the wages of three mercenaries.

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 12:01 - Jun 8 with 3015 viewsCooperman

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 11:58 - Jun 8 by magicdaps10

Under 24s will require a compensation fee.

Abroad IS a different situation.

See my post above - we never have and never will turn these offers down.

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 12:09 - Jun 8 with 2976 viewsThornburyswan

As it stands right now I would say a clear no but if we were to fully exit the Ayews + Baston (fully in the sense that if it's a loan we are not materially subsidising their wages) then I'd change that stance to yes (particularly with the GP money factored in).

Suspect current focus is on (1) new gaffer plus his back room team, (2) new head of recruitment & (3) exits of Ayews & Baston.

Birch will know he will need to support the new gaffer with some money/wages but I would expect us to utilise the loan market more if we can exit the Ayews/Baston but will consider others if either the offer is significant or the player makes any noises about going.
Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 12:11 - Jun 8 with 2972 viewsjack247

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 11:48 - Jun 8 by Neath_Jack

It wouldn't have made a difference if Dan had a 30 year contract with us. When Man Utd come calling, all bets are off.

Even if we were still in the Premier League he'd have gone.

You’re absolutely right. It’s very difficult to stop any player going to a top club under any circumstances. We may have got more if his contract was longer, but he’d still have gone.

That doesn’t excuse letting him run it down of course. We’re lucky he’s in demand now, not in January or at the end of the season.
Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 12:16 - Jun 8 with 2955 viewssg1912

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 11:49 - Jun 8 by Cooperman

"When we move the Ayew's" - you make it sound like it's as simple as moving pieces around a board game. As you failed to answer the first question that I asked you I will give you a second. Which clubs do you think are lined up and willing to take the Ayew's off our hands and more importantly cover the enourmous salaries? Go on, have a go.

I will answer your question though; moving the Ayew's and their salaries off our books will result in a far healthier business plan. This won't be completely risk free though as the Ayew's are not the only hangover from our time in the Premier League. Even when we reach the stage where we do clear up the financial mess I still don't see the Americans investing heavily; we will be run within the means of the club with a medium to long term goal of returning to the Premier League where I expect us to be sold at break even or small profit.

There’s many clubs in top divisions across Europe and clubs with cash to burn in the Middle East and China that would take them off our hands..
Granted we wouldn’t recoup the transfer fees we paid for them, but it shouldn’t matter when we are still receiving parachute payments..

.. and as for the rest of your comment, how do you expect us to return to the Premier League if the Americans will not ‘heavily invest’?
Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 12:20 - Jun 8 with 2933 viewsNeath_Jack

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 12:16 - Jun 8 by sg1912

There’s many clubs in top divisions across Europe and clubs with cash to burn in the Middle East and China that would take them off our hands..
Granted we wouldn’t recoup the transfer fees we paid for them, but it shouldn’t matter when we are still receiving parachute payments..

.. and as for the rest of your comment, how do you expect us to return to the Premier League if the Americans will not ‘heavily invest’?

Why haven't they already gone then?

Don't forget they are all on massive wages, wages that other teams are not keen to match. They are happy being out on loan whilst still picking those massive wage packets up.

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 12:20 - Jun 8 with 2933 viewsmagicdaps10

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 12:01 - Jun 8 by Cooperman

See my post above - we never have and never will turn these offers down.

I totally agree on this James deal, cant turn it down.

Would like him to stay and see him wearing our shirt in the premier league but it is a good deal for us.

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 12:20 - Jun 8 with 2931 viewsjasper_T

The "alleged debt" never decreases because we've not taken any money in since last summer. How's it supposed to go down when every Championship club runs an operational loss?
Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 12:22 - Jun 8 with 2921 viewsJonTheJack

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 11:23 - Jun 8 by jack247

He wanted one the week he was forced to go to Leeds.
Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 12:23 - Jun 8 with 2915 viewsNeath_Jack

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 12:22 - Jun 8 by JonTheJack

He wanted one the week he was forced to go to Leeds.

Glad we didn't give him one then.

Because the only difference that would have made was that we'd have been paying him inflated wages until now, when he still would have gone elsewhere.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024