Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? 10:28 - Jun 8 with 7281 viewsNotLoyal

I sense they are smelling the Yankee dollar here.
Selling off the youngsters and no more coming through or joining us.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 12:24 - Jun 8 with 1341 viewsraynor94

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 12:16 - Jun 8 by sg1912

There’s many clubs in top divisions across Europe and clubs with cash to burn in the Middle East and China that would take them off our hands..
Granted we wouldn’t recoup the transfer fees we paid for them, but it shouldn’t matter when we are still receiving parachute payments..

.. and as for the rest of your comment, how do you expect us to return to the Premier League if the Americans will not ‘heavily invest’?

I await with baited breath for all these top clubs around the world, to come knocking our door for the Ayews

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 12:24 - Jun 8 with 1340 viewsshandyjack

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 12:16 - Jun 8 by sg1912

There’s many clubs in top divisions across Europe and clubs with cash to burn in the Middle East and China that would take them off our hands..
Granted we wouldn’t recoup the transfer fees we paid for them, but it shouldn’t matter when we are still receiving parachute payments..

.. and as for the rest of your comment, how do you expect us to return to the Premier League if the Americans will not ‘heavily invest’?

where were they when we needed them last season then?

Poll: Expectation for the season

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 12:26 - Jun 8 with 1339 viewsCooperman

There will be plenty of players more sought after than Andre and Jordan Ayew. There wasn't much positivity coming out of Fenerbache that will excite those with money to throw around.

Heavy investment doesn't guarantee promotion from the Championship; have a look at Stoke. Similarly promotion can be achieved on a lean budget; again take a look at the examples that are out there. I will refer you to one in particular from 2011.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 12:29 - Jun 8 with 1331 viewsJonTheJack

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 12:23 - Jun 8 by Neath_Jack

Glad we didn't give him one then.

Because the only difference that would have made was that we'd have been paying him inflated wages until now, when he still would have gone elsewhere.

Possibly. Or we could have got more for him when Man Utd came knocking having more time on his contract.

Won't know either way. Personally I would have been happier having him with us on higher wages. We've done the same for McB and Connor. Not our shining light.
Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 12:34 - Jun 8 with 1313 viewsjasper_T

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 12:29 - Jun 8 by JonTheJack

Possibly. Or we could have got more for him when Man Utd came knocking having more time on his contract.

Won't know either way. Personally I would have been happier having him with us on higher wages. We've done the same for McB and Connor. Not our shining light.

I think given our financial situation clubs still would have been looking at that £10-15m range as too hard for us to turn down, whatever the length of his contract.

The £15-18m reported figures have been driven up by demand and fear of a potential bidding war. I can't see how more years would have changed it further, or kept suitors from the door completely.
Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 12:35 - Jun 8 with 1312 viewsNeath_Jack

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 12:29 - Jun 8 by JonTheJack

Wouldn't have made a difference IMO.

We've already pulled United pants down with how much we are getting for him. They are buying potential, and there is nothing to say that he will fullfill that. Don't forget, he hardly set the club alight in the first half of last season, it was only after the Leeds business that he really turned it on.

I'd have preferred having him on higher wages if he was going to be with us for another couple of years too.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 12:37 - Jun 8 with 1300 viewsjack247

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 12:23 - Jun 8 by Neath_Jack

Glad we didn't give him one then.

Because the only difference that would have made was that we'd have been paying him inflated wages until now, when he still would have gone elsewhere.

Plus he allegedly wanted a really low release clause, think it was £4m, which would have been ridiculous. We’d have been paying him more and selling him for much less.

The realistic opportunity to get him on a longer contract had passed by January.
Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 12:48 - Jun 8 with 1282 viewssg1912

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 12:24 - Jun 8 by shandyjack

where were they when we needed them last season then?

I’m guessing the Americans were thinking they could shift them for more money after a loan or they were hoping we would go straight back up to offset the transfer fees we paid for them.
Login to get fewer ads

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 12:50 - Jun 8 with 1276 viewssg1912

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 12:24 - Jun 8 by raynor94

I await with baited breath for all these top clubs around the world, to come knocking our door for the Ayews

I never said top clubs, I said top leagues...

Dross like Burnley and Palace could easily take them off our hands if we do not play hardball.
Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 12:55 - Jun 8 with 1261 viewslonglostjack

There are bound to be some Quatari clubs who would be interested.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 12:58 - Jun 8 with 1252 viewsCooperman

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 12:50 - Jun 8 by sg1912

I never said top clubs, I said top leagues...

Dross like Burnley and Palace could easily take them off our hands if we do not play hardball.

Could and would are two completely different scenarios.

You think it’s a sellers market whereas the reality is completely different.

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 17:20 - Jun 8 with 1125 viewsBillyChong

Have we received any parachute payments since this £30m figure was announced? So far this summer we’ve arranged compo for Potter and his staff, and now a hefty fee for James. People referring to the Ayews and Baston, what exactly are their wages?
Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 17:24 - Jun 8 with 1121 viewsCooperman

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 17:20 - Jun 8 by BillyChong

Have we received any parachute payments since this £30m figure was announced? So far this summer we’ve arranged compo for Potter and his staff, and now a hefty fee for James. People referring to the Ayews and Baston, what exactly are their wages?

My guess is that it’s in excess of £8m a year all told.

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 17:39 - Jun 8 with 1101 viewsjasper_T

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 17:20 - Jun 8 by BillyChong

The first instalment of the 19-20 Premier League parachute money was already borrowed against last summer.

Any wages we save on shipping out players will come off the amount we need to bring in next summer. The £30m is to cover money we've already lost. Income is down £10m so we'll have to lose at least that much off the wage bill in addition if we don't want to be selling £30m of players again next summer.

Still don't think people realise how little Championship clubs earn even with parachute payments. If we don't go up our turnover will eventually be less than a fifth what it was in the PL. We're already down by more than half.
Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 17:43 - Jun 8 with 1095 viewsmajorraglan

It’s not just the wages, the club has to factor the losses made on transfer deals, it was rumoured that Clucas cost £16m and was sold for £6m, if true that’s a £10m that has to be found from somewhere. How much was Bony’s transfer fee to bring him back to the club and how much did the club get when he left? Ayew’s both cost money, how much would the club get in transfer fees for these 2? Same with Baston, what did he cost and what will go go for? Mesa was sold at a loss if I am not mistaken. All these add up.
Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 17:43 - Jun 8 with 1095 viewsBillyChong

I guess the problem will be when our squad is made up of John’s, Asoro’s, McKay’s etc that we won’t be able to sell on for a total of £30m in a summer.
Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 19:01 - Jun 8 with 1019 viewsmonmouth

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 17:43 - Jun 8 by majorraglan

It’s not just the wages, the club has to factor the losses made on transfer deals, it was rumoured that Clucas cost £16m and was sold for £6m, if true that’s a £10m that has to be found from somewhere. How much was Bony’s transfer fee to bring him back to the club and how much did the club get when he left? Ayew’s both cost money, how much would the club get in transfer fees for these 2? Same with Baston, what did he cost and what will go go for? Mesa was sold at a loss if I am not mistaken. All these add up.

Cash flow is far more of an issue than paper losses though? Unless it takes us into ffp issues.

As to paper profits, Sigurdsson and Llorente should take care of that shouldn’t they, unless I have my accounting years mixed up.

Actual wages out of future cash flow and remaining cash payments for the shit we’ve bought that aren’t offset by cash in from the gems we’ve sold is the real killer.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 20:19 - Jun 8 with 965 viewsPozuelosSideys

Jordan Ayew will be the easiest to shift, may even get a small fee.

No muppet will want Baston and A Ayews contract will keep kicking us in the balls until it expires. Nobody will want to cover that cost. Until all 3 are out, the warchest will be empty.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 20:22 - Jun 8 with 961 viewsthornabyswan

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 20:19 - Jun 8 by PozuelosSideys

Jordan Ayew will be the easiest to shift, may even get a small fee.

No muppet will want Baston and A Ayews contract will keep kicking us in the balls until it expires. Nobody will want to cover that cost. Until all 3 are out, the warchest will be empty.

Fukcing hell glad I read that post you know how to brighten up a Saturday evening fair play.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 20:27 - Jun 8 with 957 viewsPozuelosSideys

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 20:22 - Jun 8 by thornabyswan

Fukcing hell glad I read that post you know how to brighten up a Saturday evening fair play.

It could always be worse my friend. (I wont go there)

Just cos the warchest is empty, doesnt mean we cant use freebies and loans. We did that the last time under Rodgers etc and it worked a charm. Just means we wont be chucking money on fees..

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 20:31 - Jun 8 with 948 viewsthornabyswan

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 20:27 - Jun 8 by PozuelosSideys

It could always be worse my friend. (I wont go there)

Just cos the warchest is empty, doesnt mean we cant use freebies and loans. We did that the last time under Rodgers etc and it worked a charm. Just means we wont be chucking money on fees..

Celina, Asoro and Mackay cost 6 million last summer.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 20:35 - Jun 8 with 940 viewsPozuelosSideys

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 20:31 - Jun 8 by thornabyswan

Celina, Asoro and Mackay cost 6 million last summer.

Aye, and selling them off along with Socks and VDH etc to cover the cost of not being able to shift Ayew and Baston would be the worse scenario.

FWIW i dont think we will. I just think the days of throwing largeish transfer fees are over until we get back to the PL. Im ok with that personally, although there should be one or two exceptions for key players.

Hopefully the James transfer plugs a significant % of the gap though. Looks a good deal to me, even though as a fan im disappointed we wont get to see any more of him. Tough to replace too. McKay/Asoro wont be the answer this season at least

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 00:23 - Jun 9 with 853 viewsKerouac

None of it makes sense to me.

The reported transfer fees in the Premier League years balanced out...those who continually harp on about the final Premier League transfer window splurge never seem to mention all the cash we received for the likes of Siggy and Llorente.

As I see it, yes we had a wage problem when we got relegated and our income fell...BUT(!) we sold just about every senior pro (who was saleable) at the club before we kicked off, received a fair amount of cash for them, spent only a fraction of that money on incoming transfers (who were all relatively cheap young lads), promoted a load of cheap youngsters from the U23s, AND received PARACHUTE PAYMENTS.
The Ayews, Bony (for part of the season) and Baston were loaned out and will have had most if not all of their wages covered.
We now find ourselves at the start of another summer where we are still in receipt of parachute payments, have a much smaller, cheaper squad and have made £20m+ from DJ and Potter...and still we have fans who are happy to make the Yanks case for them that we are skint! FFS!!

If we are skint I want to know where all the f*cking money has gone...please don't reply to this post with names of our overpaid transfer flops, those of us who can keep count are well aware that for every Premier League flop we signed there was, more or less, a massive sale.

Is there a squad in the Championship with a cheaper wage bill?

1) Mulder - Reserve keeper form the Eredivisie
2) Connor - Local youngster
3) Naughton / Declan John
4) van der Hoorn - Ajax reserve player when we signed him
5) Joe Rodon - local youngster
6) Matt Grimes - Signed from Exeter City for the reserves
7) Dyer
8) Leroy Fer - Championship journeyman when we signed him
9) Olly McBurnie - promoted from U23s
10) Celina - Signed from Man City's youth team
11) Asoro - A youngster whose wages will be at the bottom end of the Championship pay grade
12) Liam Shepherd?
13) Declan John
14) Cian Harries
15) Martin Olsson - Probably on his way
16) Jay Fulton
17) Yann Danda
18) George Byers
19) Courtney Baker-Richardson
20) Barrie McKay - A Nottingham Forest reject (Got some talent though) whose wages will be at the bottom end of the Championship pay grade
21) Wayne Routledge
22) Nordfeldt (signed from Heerenveen FFS!)
23) Steven Benda (who should have Nordfeldt's spot from here on in as far as I'm concerned)

The Ayew brothers, Baston and Narsingh are paid so much that they suck up all the parachute money and the £20m we've already made this summer do they?
Do me a favour.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2019 0:35]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 01:32 - Jun 9 with 822 viewsjasper_T

"The reported transfer fees in the Premier League years balanced out..."

That's where you're going wrong if you're wondering. Reported fees are never accurate or the full picture, especially on the seller's side once everyone's cut gets taken out. Everton might have paid £45m for Gylfi but we saw no more than £35m of it.

New contracts always cost a bomb in signing and agents fees as well. The big "free" transfers we made cost ~£5m a piece, before extortionate wages. Transfer net spend is an irrelevant figure for assessing the financial health of a football club.
Is Dan James money enough to satisfy this alleged debt that never decreases ? on 01:36 - Jun 9 with 818 viewsjasper_T

Also Leroy Fer wasn't a Championship journeyman when we signed him. He'd played only 20 games in the division after signing for and being relegated from the Premier League by his last two clubs, for whom he played a full top flight season each.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024