Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tory leader 09:15 - Jun 9 with 9363 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tory leader

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

So where’s your money? Bear in mind that whichever dweeb you vote for if you had a proper vote (which you don’t unless you’re a member of the Conservative Party. Taking back control) is very likely to be the next prime minister of the UK. As terrifying as that prospect is when you look at the list.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2019 9:18]

Poll: Tory leader

Tory leader on 11:22 - Jun 9 with 1067 viewsbluey_the_blue

Tory leader on 11:15 - Jun 9 by sherpajacob

My choice is Ken Clarke, as the only grown up in the party.

He's not standing, and wouldn't win if he did ,(which tells you everything you need to know about Tory members).

Therefore, I will abstain from this particular poll.

There's no way Clarke would implement the result of the referendum. Zero chance of winning GE.

Some of his views are actually pretty bad, but those seem to be ignored.
Tory leader on 12:12 - Jun 9 with 1037 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tory leader on 11:22 - Jun 9 by bluey_the_blue

There's no way Clarke would implement the result of the referendum. Zero chance of winning GE.

Some of his views are actually pretty bad, but those seem to be ignored.

Which of his views do you class as “pretty bad”?

Tory leader on 13:19 - Jun 9 with 1007 viewswobbly

Tory leader on 11:08 - Jun 9 by exiledclaseboy

Good question. I haven’t voted yet because I don’t want any of them. So on that basis I’m about to vote for who I think it’ll be.

+1 for Boris then. God help us.
Tory leader on 13:22 - Jun 9 with 1004 viewsbluey_the_blue

Tory leader on 12:12 - Jun 9 by exiledclaseboy

Look at his history in University. Inviting Oswald Mosley to speak on numerous occasions is not exactly a good look. Nor did he want Cambridge to accept women.

Still, I'm sure he outgrew those views.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2019 13:23]
Tory leader on 13:25 - Jun 9 with 1000 viewslondonlisa2001

Tory leader on 12:12 - Jun 9 by exiledclaseboy

The sensible ones.

Sadly I think Boris will win. Sadly there’s no alternative much better.

On a happier note, Boris will never call a general election as his only concern will be his own position. And he knows that the house will force a general election if he tries to leave without a deal. So we are more likely to end up with another referendum with him than we ever were with May. Irrespective of his inane rambling in the Times about not paying the £39bn.

Good luck with that you utter moron. Trade talks will be fantastic if we renege on our commitments. It’s the equivalent of having to use a loan company that charges ‘only’ 2000% APR because your credit rating is in the toilet while everyone else gets a proper bank loan.
Tory leader on 13:28 - Jun 9 with 995 viewsbluey_the_blue

That presumes BoJo wins.

I suspect an "anyone but BoJo" campaign will be run, taking down both BoJo plus those involved in that campaign, leading to AN Other winning. Gove's fvcked over his drugs history.
Tory leader on 13:31 - Jun 9 with 993 viewslondonlisa2001

Tory leader on 13:28 - Jun 9 by bluey_the_blue

That presumes BoJo wins.

I suspect an "anyone but BoJo" campaign will be run, taking down both BoJo plus those involved in that campaign, leading to AN Other winning. Gove's fvcked over his drugs history.

Well yes. As I said in the same post.

Who’s going to beat him into the top 2? You know for a fact that if he’s in the top 2 he wins.

Which 2 will stop him being there?

Name them.
Tory leader on 13:37 - Jun 9 with 987 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tory leader on 13:22 - Jun 9 by bluey_the_blue

Look at his history in University. Inviting Oswald Mosley to speak on numerous occasions is not exactly a good look. Nor did he want Cambridge to accept women.

That all you got? Something from 60 years ago? Anyway, I’m not particularly going into bat for Clarke but there’s absolutely no doubt that he’s one of the few, old school “one nation” Tories left in the Conservative Party.

Login to get fewer ads

Tory leader on 13:40 - Jun 9 with 984 viewslondonlisa2001

Tory leader on 13:37 - Jun 9 by exiledclaseboy

That all you got? Something from 60 years ago? Anyway, I’m not particularly going into bat for Clarke but there’s absolutely no doubt that he’s one of the few, old school “one nation” Tories left in the Conservative Party.

Ken Clarke makes the current crop look like the amoral intellectual pygmies they are.
Tory leader on 13:43 - Jun 9 with 978 viewsbluey_the_blue

Tory leader on 13:37 - Jun 9 by exiledclaseboy

Clarke wouldn't win anyway. Too old.
Tory leader on 13:46 - Jun 9 with 975 viewslondonlisa2001

Tory leader on 13:43 - Jun 9 by bluey_the_blue

As I said, and you’ve ignored. Name the top 2.
Tory leader on 13:55 - Jun 9 with 969 viewsbluey_the_blue

Tory leader on 13:31 - Jun 9 by londonlisa2001

Well yes. As I said in the same post.

Who’s going to beat him into the top 2? You know for a fact that if he’s in the top 2 he wins.

Which 2 will stop him being there?

Name them.

I think it's difficult to say tbh. I could see a scenario where Gove and BoJo take themselves out - not like that's happened before.

Of those declared so far, maybe Stewart/Hunt vs Javid? Certainly see Javid in the top 2 for some reason.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2019 13:57]
Tory leader on 13:56 - Jun 9 with 969 viewslondonlisa2001

Tory leader on 10:27 - Jun 9 by dickythorpe

I may be cynical but I smell "Team Boris" behind this Gove cocaine issue.
Surely whoever wins this will be pulling knives out of their back for however long they'll be in the job for.

This is a sad time.

It’s Raab’s team behind it apparently.

Someone who works for Raab used to work for Gove and was about to tell all,

Boris has also admitted cocaine use I think but will ride it out,

Good job none of them are poor and on a sink estate. Drugs use isn’t quite the same thing when they get caught.

Strange Dwight hasn’t commented - he was particularly put out by Diane Abbott drinking a can of M&S mojito on a train. I wonder what the difference could be...
Tory leader on 13:57 - Jun 9 with 967 viewslondonlisa2001

Tory leader on 13:55 - Jun 9 by bluey_the_blue

I think it's difficult to say tbh. I could see a scenario where Gove and BoJo take themselves out - not like that's happened before.

Of those declared so far, maybe Stewart/Hunt vs Javid? Certainly see Javid in the top 2 for some reason.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2019 13:57]

So Gove is toast due to drug use in your opinion and Stewart is not?
Tory leader on 13:58 - Jun 9 with 965 viewsbluey_the_blue

Tory leader on 13:57 - Jun 9 by londonlisa2001

So Gove is toast due to drug use in your opinion and Stewart is not?

Gove legislated to get teachers convicted of drug taking banned from the profession. That's a tad worse than Stewart's story.

Equally, Gove admitted deliberately taking cocaine. Stewart from memory referred to something being passed around? I can see Stewart who comes across as a dweeb doing something like that..

Also, admitting taking cocaine can lead to a ban from travelling to US, see Nigella Lawson. A bad look for a PM.

Aside from the drugs, I don't think many members trust him. Stabbing BoJo in the back last leadership fight, snidely trying to sit on the fence re Brexit...
[Post edited 9 Jun 2019 14:06]
Tory leader on 14:07 - Jun 9 with 945 viewsJack_Meoff

Tory leader on 13:58 - Jun 9 by bluey_the_blue

Gove legislated to get teachers convicted of drug taking banned from the profession. That's a tad worse than Stewart's story.

Equally, Gove admitted deliberately taking cocaine. Stewart from memory referred to something being passed around? I can see Stewart who comes across as a dweeb doing something like that..

Also, admitting taking cocaine can lead to a ban from travelling to US, see Nigella Lawson. A bad look for a PM.

Aside from the drugs, I don't think many members trust him. Stabbing BoJo in the back last leadership fight, snidely trying to sit on the fence re Brexit...

Could have been worse for Gove bluey, could have been a mojito on London transport.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Tory leader on 14:09 - Jun 9 with 946 viewsdickythorpe

I want to hear more from Stewart. I think it's Gove v Boris but there'll be such a lot of shít thrown that an outsider may pip them
Tory leader on 14:11 - Jun 9 with 942 viewslondonlisa2001

Tory leader on 13:58 - Jun 9 by bluey_the_blue

They’ve all entered the US and lied on the application. Gove, Raab, Stewart, Johnson...

Are there any of them that haven’t now admitted drug use?

The ones that haven’t are probably lying.

Stewart will of course have known what was being passed round. I’ve been in India and offered an opium pipe. I said no.

None of them are trustworthy Bluey. That’s the whole point.

A shambles of an election.
Tory leader on 14:11 - Jun 9 with 941 viewsdickythorpe

Oh yeah Esther McVey was schooled by Marr this morning so she should find herself back on kids TV within the next few years.
How the hell is she a Tory????
Tory leader on 14:30 - Jun 9 with 929 viewsbluey_the_blue

Tory leader on 14:11 - Jun 9 by londonlisa2001

They’ve all entered the US and lied on the application. Gove, Raab, Stewart, Johnson...

Are there any of them that haven’t now admitted drug use?

The ones that haven’t are probably lying.

Stewart will of course have known what was being passed round. I’ve been in India and offered an opium pipe. I said no.

None of them are trustworthy Bluey. That’s the whole point.

A shambles of an election.

Stewart is the political equivalent of Mr Bean. I can well see him accepting something without wondering what it is.

Johnson has said he sneezed so didn't take any?
Tory leader on 14:34 - Jun 9 with 926 viewslondonlisa2001

Tory leader on 14:30 - Jun 9 by bluey_the_blue

Stewart is the political equivalent of Mr Bean. I can well see him accepting something without wondering what it is.

Johnson has said he sneezed so didn't take any?

Your idea of Stewart is far from the reality. Hence the positions he’s held.

Re Boris - that’s a joke I assume? Even you can’t be that ridiculous.
Tory leader on 14:39 - Jun 9 with 917 viewsbluey_the_blue

Tory leader on 14:34 - Jun 9 by londonlisa2001

Your idea of Stewart is far from the reality. Hence the positions he’s held.

Re Boris - that’s a joke I assume? Even you can’t be that ridiculous.

That's a claim Boris made. Found it laughable, tbh, akin to Clinton's "didn't inhale".

Stewart may have had those positions, but we're talking in a social context. Quite frankly, he seems like a cross between an uber nerd and a puppy eager to please.
Tory leader on 15:04 - Jun 9 with 901 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tory leader on 13:43 - Jun 9 by bluey_the_blue

He’s not standing you dolt.

Tory leader on 15:06 - Jun 9 with 900 viewsLohengrin

Tory leader on 13:22 - Jun 9 by bluey_the_blue

If you were familiar with the source material you’d hear regular echoes of the Mosley post-war platform, unacknowledged of course, throughout all of Clarke’s career. All of it considered cutting-edge ‘progressivism’ by those who make their living staking out and defining what constitutes that ground.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Tory leader on 15:09 - Jun 9 with 893 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tory leader on 15:06 - Jun 9 by Lohengrin

If you were familiar with the source material you’d hear regular echoes of the Mosley post-war platform, unacknowledged of course, throughout all of Clarke’s career. All of it considered cutting-edge ‘progressivism’ by those who make their living staking out and defining what constitutes that ground.

Literally the only thing Clarke and Mosley had in common was their enthusiasm for Europe. Don’t encourage Bluey ffs.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024