Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tory leader 09:15 - Jun 9 with 9360 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tory leader

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

So where’s your money? Bear in mind that whichever dweeb you vote for if you had a proper vote (which you don’t unless you’re a member of the Conservative Party. Taking back control) is very likely to be the next prime minister of the UK. As terrifying as that prospect is when you look at the list.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2019 9:18]

Poll: Tory leader

Tory leader on 15:10 - Jun 9 with 967 viewsbluey_the_blue

Tory leader on 15:04 - Jun 9 by exiledclaseboy

He’s not standing you dolt.

Duh.

Someone wanted him, claiming he was sensible.

Geez, modern forward thinking politics with a battle between a 70 yr old and a 78 yr old...
Tory leader on 15:11 - Jun 9 with 965 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tory leader on 15:10 - Jun 9 by bluey_the_blue

Duh.

Someone wanted him, claiming he was sensible.

Geez, modern forward thinking politics with a battle between a 70 yr old and a 78 yr old...

He is sensible.

Tory leader on 15:19 - Jun 9 with 953 viewsexiledclaseboy

So my prediction is Johnson v Hunt. Johnson wins with members by a country mile.

And may the Lord have mercy on all our souls.

Tory leader on 15:20 - Jun 9 with 952 viewsLohengrin

Tory leader on 15:09 - Jun 9 by exiledclaseboy

Literally the only thing Clarke and Mosley had in common was their enthusiasm for Europe. Don’t encourage Bluey ffs.

It’s been ‘the’ thing throughout Clarke’s political life and the formative influence is crystalline.

That book cover I posted up, ‘Faith and Plan,’ the chapters within were decades in advance of political thought on these islands. When you read it now it’s striking just how far-seeing it was in the ‘50s.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Tory leader on 15:21 - Jun 9 with 950 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tory leader on 15:20 - Jun 9 by Lohengrin

It’s been ‘the’ thing throughout Clarke’s political life and the formative influence is crystalline.

That book cover I posted up, ‘Faith and Plan,’ the chapters within were decades in advance of political thought on these islands. When you read it now it’s striking just how far-seeing it was in the ‘50s.

You’d enjoy Clarke’s memoirs. He’s very engaging and frank.

Tory leader on 15:23 - Jun 9 with 945 viewsLohengrin

Tory leader on 15:19 - Jun 9 by exiledclaseboy

So my prediction is Johnson v Hunt. Johnson wins with members by a country mile.

And may the Lord have mercy on all our souls.

Farage is the real heir to the monetarist throne. You know it, I know it, the entire active membership of the Tory party, such as it is, gaze upon him as their ‘King across the water.’

Tory leader on 15:24 - Jun 9 with 944 viewsLohengrin

Tory leader on 15:21 - Jun 9 by exiledclaseboy

You’d enjoy Clarke’s memoirs. He’s very engaging and frank.

He signed my copy!

Tory leader on 15:27 - Jun 9 with 940 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tory leader on 15:24 - Jun 9 by Lohengrin

He signed my copy!

Ah. it’s one of the better political autobiographies I’ve read.

Login to get fewer ads

Tory leader on 15:33 - Jun 9 with 931 viewsLohengrin

Tory leader on 15:27 - Jun 9 by exiledclaseboy

Ah. it’s one of the better political autobiographies I’ve read.

I enjoyed it. Especially as it isn’t self-serving in the way that so many of them are.

Tory leader on 17:05 - Jun 9 with 875 viewsBrynCartwright

This poll is like being forced to choose which STD to be infected by.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Tory leader on 17:08 - Jun 9 with 870 viewsPozuelosSideys

Id pick Gove. But it will be Johnson. The world will begin to have a melt down. Then he will appoint Rees-Mogg as Work/Pensions Minister to finish the left off entirely
[Post edited 9 Jun 2019 17:09]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Tory leader on 17:19 - Jun 9 with 854 viewsbluey_the_blue

I've got a feeling if he keeps his powder dry, Javid could do well.
Tory leader on 17:23 - Jun 9 with 845 viewsEbo

Tory leader on 09:32 - Jun 9 by exiledclaseboy

Gove’s revelation yesterday was hilarious given his previous words about recreational drug use. The massive tw@t. Can’t believe Bluey hasn’t mentioned it.

Didn't Gove once say that Teachers who have been caught or admitted to using recreational drugs should be banned from teaching? If that's the case then he needs to ban himself from the Houses of Parliament.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Tory leader on 17:25 - Jun 9 with 843 viewsbluey_the_blue

Tory leader on 17:23 - Jun 9 by Ebo

Didn't Gove once say that Teachers who have been caught or admitted to using recreational drugs should be banned from teaching? If that's the case then he needs to ban himself from the Houses of Parliament.

Hard to fully disagree with that.

Only thing I'd say is that for me there's a difference as a teacher works directly with impressionable, sometimes vulnerable kids.
Tory leader on 17:28 - Jun 9 with 842 viewsEbo

Tory leader on 10:13 - Jun 9 by sg1912

It’s not that terrifying, I don’t think it makes a difference who the Tory leader is or what their stance on Brexit is. I’m 90% certain after the next general election the government will not be led by the Conservatives.

It will be another hung parliament I reckon, but maybe a not with the current incumbents. We could well see a Lib/Lab coalition in the same guise as the current Con/DUP govt.

Tory leader on 17:35 - Jun 9 with 829 viewsEbo

Tory leader on 17:25 - Jun 9 by bluey_the_blue

Only thing I'd say is that for me there's a difference as a teacher works directly with impressionable, sometimes vulnerable kids.

An MP makes decisions that can affect thousands of lives including children.

Tory leader on 17:41 - Jun 9 with 823 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tory leader on 17:35 - Jun 9 by Ebo

An MP makes decisions that can affect thousands of lives including children.

Not just an MP. Secretary of State for Justice. Directly responsible for policy decisions relating to the use and supply of illegal drugs. The massive tw@t.

Tory leader on 17:44 - Jun 9 with 811 viewsEbo

Tory leader on 15:33 - Jun 9 by Lohengrin

I enjoyed it. Especially as it isn’t self-serving in the way that so many of them are.

Rees Mogg has just come out and admitted he took snuff once with his nanny. It was purely menthol and was taken along with a nice cup of camomile tea.

Tory leader on 17:50 - Jun 9 with 801 viewslonglostjack

Tory leader on 17:41 - Jun 9 by exiledclaseboy

Not just an MP. Secretary of State for Justice. Directly responsible for policy decisions relating to the use and supply of illegal drugs. The massive tw@t.

The party of Law and Order my arse. More Tory Party hypocrisy.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Tory leader on 17:51 - Jun 9 with 800 viewslondonlisa2001

Tory leader on 17:25 - Jun 9 by bluey_the_blue

I don’t give a toss whether Gove and Boris have taken cocaine, Stewart has taken opium and Raab and Leadsom have smoked dope. Not a toss.

I do give a toss that they have spent their political lives legislating against those that have done exactly the same thing, yet by virtue of their relatively impoverished circumstances are somehow to be treated completely differently. It’s hypocrisy beyond acceptability.
Tory leader on 19:06 - Jun 9 with 740 viewssherpajacob

Tory leader on 10:08 - Jun 9 by raynor94

Cairns is backing Boris, oh I hope he doesn't win, so that little arse licker can be confined to the back benches

In 2016, Alun Cairns failed to turn up at the national centenary memorial for the men of the 38th welsh division who fought and died at Mametz Wood. Every other senior Welsh politician was there.

The reason? He stayed in London so he could vote for sex pest Stephen Crabb in the Tory leadership contest.

The man is below contempt.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Tory leader on 19:30 - Jun 9 with 721 viewswaynekerr55

Tory leader on 09:36 - Jun 9 by exiledclaseboy

Dominic Raab’s pledge to prorogue parliament so it can’t block his plan for a no deal Brexit is especially hilarious. When Boris Johnson thinks you’re wrong you can consider yourself very very wrong.

I wouldn't pay any attention to a clown who didn't realise the significance of the Dover - Calais crossing...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Tory leader on 20:17 - Jun 9 with 692 viewsZaxx

I just can't bring myself to vote for any of them, even if it is hypothetical.
There is simply not enough soap in the world to clean my voting finger afterwards.

Tory leader on 20:28 - Jun 9 with 681 viewswestwalesed

Under normal circumstances I would say that Javid would have an excellent chance - he's the type of Conservative that has a back story which is genuinely inspiring, and electorally would be dynamite amongst the second and third generation Asian population in the UK.

But, unless the Conservative Party elects whichever candidate pledges to get us out of the EU on the 31st October - deal or no deal - they are toast. The membership knows that. The sense of betrayal is palpable and is the single reason why the Brexit Party exists.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Tory leader on 20:31 - Jun 9 with 676 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tory leader on 20:28 - Jun 9 by westwalesed

Under normal circumstances I would say that Javid would have an excellent chance - he's the type of Conservative that has a back story which is genuinely inspiring, and electorally would be dynamite amongst the second and third generation Asian population in the UK.

But, unless the Conservative Party elects whichever candidate pledges to get us out of the EU on the 31st October - deal or no deal - they are toast. The membership knows that. The sense of betrayal is palpable and is the single reason why the Brexit Party exists.

But you realise that parliament won’t allow whoever the next PM is to take us out of the EU without a deal? And the only deal on offer is the one that’s already been rejected three times. So the new Tory leader will be equally as screwed as the current one.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024