Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tory leader 09:15 - Jun 9 with 9359 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tory leader

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

So where’s your money? Bear in mind that whichever dweeb you vote for if you had a proper vote (which you don’t unless you’re a member of the Conservative Party. Taking back control) is very likely to be the next prime minister of the UK. As terrifying as that prospect is when you look at the list.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2019 9:18]

Poll: Tory leader

Tory leader on 20:41 - Jun 9 with 1329 viewswestwalesed

Tory leader on 20:31 - Jun 9 by exiledclaseboy

But you realise that parliament won’t allow whoever the next PM is to take us out of the EU without a deal? And the only deal on offer is the one that’s already been rejected three times. So the new Tory leader will be equally as screwed as the current one.

As I understand it (and I may well be wrong) - unless the PM goes to the EU and asks for an extension, then we leave by default on 31st October. If that triggers a Vote of no Confidence and the Government collapses, then the Conservatives will have to be the party of No Deal to have any electoral hope at all.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Tory leader on 20:43 - Jun 9 with 1325 viewsexiledclaseboy

Tory leader on 20:41 - Jun 9 by westwalesed

As I understand it (and I may well be wrong) - unless the PM goes to the EU and asks for an extension, then we leave by default on 31st October. If that triggers a Vote of no Confidence and the Government collapses, then the Conservatives will have to be the party of No Deal to have any electoral hope at all.

And what do you think happens if there is a confidence vote and the government collapses, precipitating a general election?

Tory leader on 20:52 - Jun 9 with 1304 viewslondonlisa2001

It’s such a false argument though.

We HAVE to have a trade agreement with the EU, lets say we leave without a deal and then approach them on 2nd November for a trade deal, we immediately get presented with the withdrawal agreement again. And unless we agree it, we don’t get a trade deal.

It’s May’s deal or stay in. Everything else is nonsense.

Make a choice.
Tory leader on 21:34 - Jun 9 with 1273 viewssherpajacob

Tory leader on 20:28 - Jun 9 by westwalesed

Under normal circumstances I would say that Javid would have an excellent chance - he's the type of Conservative that has a back story which is genuinely inspiring, and electorally would be dynamite amongst the second and third generation Asian population in the UK.

But, unless the Conservative Party elects whichever candidate pledges to get us out of the EU on the 31st October - deal or no deal - they are toast. The membership knows that. The sense of betrayal is palpable and is the single reason why the Brexit Party exists.

The only way the Tory party can avoid becoming toast, is for them to collectively come to their senses, and restore the policy they held consistently between 1975 and 2016.

Which is for the UK to play a central role in the EU as a full member of the single market and customs union.

Their 2015 (the last time they got an outright majority) manifesto clearly stated "Yes to the single market".

The number of people for which Brexit is the be all and end all is negligible in terms of a FPTP parliament, as evidenced by the number of UKIP MPs elected..

If they deliver a no deal Brexit, they will forever be the architects of brexit and may never ever regain power.

The alternative is a May type fudge which leaves us worse off than remaining.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Tory leader on 07:38 - Jun 10 with 1191 viewsLohengrin

Tory leader on 17:44 - Jun 9 by Ebo

Rees Mogg has just come out and admitted he took snuff once with his nanny. It was purely menthol and was taken along with a nice cup of camomile tea.

Doesn’t sound too far-fetched, Eb.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Tory leader on 08:36 - Jun 10 with 1157 viewsWarwickHunt

You are, Ed. Again.
Tory leader on 08:50 - Jun 10 with 1152 viewswestwalesed

Tory leader on 20:52 - Jun 9 by londonlisa2001

It’s such a false argument though.

We HAVE to have a trade agreement with the EU, lets say we leave without a deal and then approach them on 2nd November for a trade deal, we immediately get presented with the withdrawal agreement again. And unless we agree it, we don’t get a trade deal.

It’s May’s deal or stay in. Everything else is nonsense.

Make a choice.

If the choice is May’s Deal or Remain, I’d choose Remain.

But that’s not the only option. We don’t HAVE to have a free trade deal with the EU. Everyone should want one, but not at any cost. I know it’s an unpopular view on here but my feeling is that it is more important to leave the failing EU project, become a fully self governing country again, and take it from there.

And getting back to the original question, I think that is what the Tory membership will go for too. I’m not a Tory party member by the way.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Tory leader on 08:52 - Jun 10 with 1148 viewsexiledclaseboy

Two people have voted for McVey. That’s genuinely hilarious. And quite scary.

Login to get fewer ads

Tory leader on 09:05 - Jun 10 with 1143 viewsWarwickHunt

Tory leader on 08:52 - Jun 10 by exiledclaseboy

Almost as scary as her actually being in the race to be PM.

Beggars belief.
Tory leader on 09:48 - Jun 10 with 1112 viewsBatterseajack

Guilty - I believe her when she says we'll be just fine if we were to go for her WTO deal.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2019 9:50]
Tory leader on 10:14 - Jun 10 with 1083 viewssherpajacob

For Johnson to become PM it's simple arithmetic. He needs to get the support of enough MPs to make it to the final 2. Then in a,ballot of the gammons he will win.

His flagship policy, Raising the higher rate tax threshold to £80k

The salary of a,back bench MP - £80k.

If you're a back bench tory MP that's an extra £6k pa to spend on....

If you're on £25k pa , it's an extra £0 to feed and clothe your family.

He genuinely doesn't give a flying f** for you or me or anybody other than Boris Johnson.

Tory leader on 10:19 - Jun 10 with 1074 viewsJoe_bradshaw

You mean it’s not about the candidate with the best legs?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Tory leader on 11:08 - Jun 10 with 1027 viewsBatterseajack

I've switched to Johnson now, on the back of his promise of 20% tax up to £80k.

As a metropolitan elite, i stand to earn an extra £200+ a month if this goes ahead.
Tory leader on 11:35 - Jun 10 with 1005 viewssainthelens

She obviously doesn't swallow.
Tory leader on 11:37 - Jun 10 with 1001 viewsWarwickHunt

Tory leader on 11:35 - Jun 10 by sainthelens

She obviously doesn't swallow.

I wouldn't fùck her with a stolen cock.
Tory leader on 11:41 - Jun 10 with 994 viewslonglostjack

Tory leader on 11:08 - Jun 10 by Batterseajack

As a metropolitan elite, i stand to earn an extra £200+ a month if this goes ahead.

Nice one Battersea. After 5 years you'd have saved up enough money for a hip replacement if you needed one

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Tory leader on 13:08 - Jun 10 with 955 viewsdickythorpe

Tory leader on 11:08 - Jun 10 by Batterseajack

You'll piss that £200 away
Tory leader on 13:15 - Jun 10 with 949 viewssainthelens

Tory leader on 13:08 - Jun 10 by dickythorpe

Only if he backs Sean Bowen to win a race !!
Tory leader on 13:25 - Jun 10 with 936 viewsUxbridge

Roll up for the Unicorn Grand National.

Has any of them actually said anything honest yet or actually within their powers to deliver?

What a democracy.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Tory leader on 13:30 - Jun 10 with 929 viewslondonlisa2001

Tory leader on 10:14 - Jun 10 by sherpajacob

For Johnson to become PM it's simple arithmetic. He needs to get the support of enough MPs to make it to the final 2. Then in a,ballot of the gammons he will win.

His flagship policy, Raising the higher rate tax threshold to £80k

The salary of a,back bench MP - £80k.

If you're a back bench tory MP that's an extra £6k pa to spend on....

If you're on £25k pa , it's an extra £0 to feed and clothe your family.

He genuinely doesn't give a flying f** for you or me or anybody other than Boris Johnson.

I’ve always loved Boris. What a fantastic leader he’ll make...

In all seriousness, this is everything that’s wrong with him.

£10bn a year that costs, £192m a week. So almost all of the net amount we pay to the EU.

Shove that on the side of a bus. Morons.
Tory leader on 13:40 - Jun 10 with 911 viewslondonlisa2001

Tory leader on 08:50 - Jun 10 by westwalesed

If the choice is May’s Deal or Remain, I’d choose Remain.

But that’s not the only option. We don’t HAVE to have a free trade deal with the EU. Everyone should want one, but not at any cost. I know it’s an unpopular view on here but my feeling is that it is more important to leave the failing EU project, become a fully self governing country again, and take it from there.

And getting back to the original question, I think that is what the Tory membership will go for too. I’m not a Tory party member by the way.

The only two possible reasons for you to think we don’t need a trade deal with the EU is because you are (a) independently wealthy with no need to work or (b) completely unaware of the consequences of not having a trade deal.

Btw - if we don’t pay up what we owe, we won’t get a trade deal with anyone. And we’ll have huge fun raising money in the future. Our sovereign debt will be looked at like that of Venezuela.
Tory leader on 13:42 - Jun 10 with 908 viewsBatterseajack

Tory leader on 13:08 - Jun 10 by dickythorpe

On the increase in NI to pay for the headline grabbing tax cut
[Post edited 10 Jun 2019 13:42]
Tory leader on 13:44 - Jun 10 with 902 viewsBatterseajack

Tory leader on 13:30 - Jun 10 by londonlisa2001

I’ve always loved Boris. What a fantastic leader he’ll make...

In all seriousness, this is everything that’s wrong with him.

£10bn a year that costs, £192m a week. So almost all of the net amount we pay to the EU.

Shove that on the side of a bus. Morons.

Presumably the money left over will go towards reimbursing the EU development funds that Wales stands to lose out on.
Tory leader on 13:54 - Jun 10 with 896 viewstheloneranger

A Scouser as Prime Minister

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Tory leader on 14:11 - Jun 10 with 870 viewssherpajacob

Tory leader on 13:54 - Jun 10 by theloneranger

A Scouser as Prime Minister

someone's nicked her broomstick

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024