Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Osijek 20:52 - Jun 9 with 2666 viewsbuilthjack

We spent 3 days there.Wonderful place with wonderful people. We had no trouble whatsoever. In fact they were the nicest people I have ever met. Drinking with them each night until almost morning. They wouldn't let us pay for anything, we were their guests and were insulted if we tried to pay for drinks. They are good singers too once we taught them the words.
Fantastic trip. Thankyou Croatia.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Osijek on 21:15 - Jun 9 with 2605 viewsTonyrefail

Great to hear. I'm about to fly to Budapest, hopefully the locals are friendly there too.
I have my own ticket and ID to match but my mate is going to try and use my sons ticket (he was going but can't now) Based on your Croatia experience reckon he'll get in the ground? Thanks
[Post edited 9 Jun 2019 21:16]
Osijek on 21:29 - Jun 9 with 2548 viewsdickythorpe

Great to hear.
A mate of mine went to Budapest and there's a wartime museum of what life was like under Nazism.
There are shoes still embedded in concrete of when locals were rounded up.
Osijek on 21:29 - Jun 9 with 2548 viewsbuilthjack

Osijek on 21:15 - Jun 9 by Tonyrefail

Great to hear. I'm about to fly to Budapest, hopefully the locals are friendly there too.
I have my own ticket and ID to match but my mate is going to try and use my sons ticket (he was going but can't now) Based on your Croatia experience reckon he'll get in the ground? Thanks

Quite a few got turned away and tickets taken off them because they didn't have the right I'd. But I also know a few of our lot who blagged their way in without tickets.
Who knows what they will do in Hungary.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Osijek on 21:32 - Jun 9 with 2524 viewsTonyrefail

Osijek on 21:29 - Jun 9 by builthjack

Quite a few got turned away and tickets taken off them because they didn't have the right I'd. But I also know a few of our lot who blagged their way in without tickets.
Who knows what they will do in Hungary.

Cheers Builth, fingers crossed for Hungary then!
Osijek on 21:35 - Jun 9 with 2507 viewsTonyrefail

Osijek on 21:32 - Jun 9 by Tonyrefail

Cheers Builth, fingers crossed for Hungary then!

Assume it was the Croatian officials checking tickets and taking them ? Not the Welsh stewards who travel away to help?
Osijek on 21:41 - Jun 9 with 2488 viewsmajorraglan

Osijek on 21:15 - Jun 9 by Tonyrefail

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I don’t think he will. Have a look at the Welsh Apostle forum, in the Away Travel and Accommodation there’s a thread called Hungary (A) Tuesday 11th June, check out pages 7 and 8.
Osijek on 21:58 - Jun 9 with 2443 viewsTonyrefail

Osijek on 21:41 - Jun 9 by majorraglan

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I don’t think he will. Have a look at the Welsh Apostle forum, in the Away Travel and Accommodation there’s a thread called Hungary (A) Tuesday 11th June, check out pages 7 and 8.

Cheers major raglan, just read the thread on Apostle. I live in hope, as this is genuine and am going to take my sons passport that matches the ticket. But definitely see where you are coming from and it's spoiling my excitement for the trip a little! In saying that nothing we can do, so whatever will be will be!
[Post edited 9 Jun 2019 22:01]
Osijek on 22:35 - Jun 9 with 2354 viewsmajorraglan

Osijek on 21:58 - Jun 9 by Tonyrefail

Cheers major raglan, just read the thread on Apostle. I live in hope, as this is genuine and am going to take my sons passport that matches the ticket. But definitely see where you are coming from and it's spoiling my excitement for the trip a little! In saying that nothing we can do, so whatever will be will be!
[Post edited 9 Jun 2019 22:01]

Good luck. Hope it works out.
Login to get fewer ads

Osijek on 22:47 - Jun 9 with 2324 viewsFireboy2

Builthy is a fvcking madman, but i love him nevertheless and as he has said the place and its people were absolutely tremendous, we also made new welsh friends from all corners of our great country, even a few with lunnon accents, top boys they were.

Gutted we couldnt travel onto budapest but quite glad in a way im back home as theres no way i could keep up all that drinking.
Osijek on 23:05 - Jun 9 with 2283 viewsTenbySwan

It is spot on that the FAW stopped people going in at Osijek when the name on the ticket was different from.theirs.

The people at the top of the loyalty points league buy tickets with no intention of travelling to the game and just want to keep their loyalty points high so that they can go to the more attractive games.
They then sell on the tickets to other fans who have no chance of buying them themselves as they will never have the points in their own name..
Those that bought tickets and didn't travel should be banned from buying tickets again.
The terms and conditions of purchase mean that if your circumstances change and you can't go you should return to the FAW.
It is simply against UEFA rules to use a ticket that is not in.ypur name.
Glastonbury even make you have s proper laminated photo.pass to avoid reselling and tickets falling into the hands of touts.
Osijek on 08:02 - Jun 10 with 2130 viewsbuilthjack

Osijek on 22:47 - Jun 9 by Fireboy2

Builthy is a fvcking madman, but i love him nevertheless and as he has said the place and its people were absolutely tremendous, we also made new welsh friends from all corners of our great country, even a few with lunnon accents, top boys they were.

Gutted we couldnt travel onto budapest but quite glad in a way im back home as theres no way i could keep up all that drinking.

9 hours sleep in 3 nights. Crazy.

Osijek on 08:06 - Jun 10 with 2121 viewsFireboy2

Osijek on 08:02 - Jun 10 by builthjack

9 hours sleep in 3 nights. Crazy.

Dont know how i am still alive matey.

Feel for you knowing that you are working and im off

And by fvck i need it 😫
Osijek on 08:10 - Jun 10 with 2114 viewsbuilthjack

Osijek on 08:06 - Jun 10 by Fireboy2

Dont know how i am still alive matey.

Feel for you knowing that you are working and im off

And by fvck i need it 😫

When you call in a bar for a pint and come out 4 hours later after having a dozen, then drinking for another 12 hours, you know it's either great or insane. We met some good lads, brilliant time.

Osijek on 08:27 - Jun 10 with 2085 viewsN_T_J

I remember my first away trip 😆
Osijek on 08:34 - Jun 10 with 2074 viewsbuilthjack

Osijek on 08:27 - Jun 10 by N_T_J

My first proper away was 1984, Spain. Went to a few home internationals before that but not the same as foreign shores. Long may it continue.

Osijek on 08:57 - Jun 10 with 2039 viewsFireboy2

Osijek on 08:27 - Jun 10 by N_T_J

Between us both we remember quite a bit NJT
Osijek on 08:59 - Jun 10 with 2036 viewsbuilthjack

Osijek on 08:57 - Jun 10 by Fireboy2

Between us both we remember quite a bit NJT

I just remembered my bike ride. The bruises reminded my. Oh sh1t

Osijek on 09:01 - Jun 10 with 2033 viewsFireboy2

Osijek on 08:59 - Jun 10 by builthjack

I just remembered my bike ride. The bruises reminded my. Oh sh1t

FaF
Osijek on 12:10 - Jun 10 with 1883 viewsBadlands

Osijek on 21:29 - Jun 9 by dickythorpe

Great to hear.
A mate of mine went to Budapest and there's a wartime museum of what life was like under Nazism.
There are shoes still embedded in concrete of when locals were rounded up.

Hungary was already imposing extreme laws against Jews, indigenous ethnic groups and Roma long before they joined the Axis powers.
The state was expansions and, with support from the Nazis, incorporated massive areas neighbouring countries into its empire.
By the end of the war, the death toll was between 450,000 and 606,000 Hungarian Jews and an estimated 28,000 Hungarian Roma
When Hungarian forces invaded Yugoslavia and the Soviet Union their participation was noted by German observers for its particular cruelty, with occupied peoples subjected to arbitrary violence. Hungarian volunteers were sometimes referred to as engaging in "murder tourism."
In cooperation with the Nazis, Szálasi (premier) attempted to resume deportations of Jews, but Germany's fast-disintegrating communications largely prevented this from happening. Nonetheless, the Arrow Cross launched a reign of terror against the Jews of Budapest. Thousands were tortured, raped and murdered in the last months of the war, and their property looted or destroyed.

You'll be fine as long as you are straight, white and right.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Osijek on 17:50 - Jun 10 with 1690 viewsmajorraglan

Osijek on 23:05 - Jun 9 by TenbySwan

It is spot on that the FAW stopped people going in at Osijek when the name on the ticket was different from.theirs.

The people at the top of the loyalty points league buy tickets with no intention of travelling to the game and just want to keep their loyalty points high so that they can go to the more attractive games.
They then sell on the tickets to other fans who have no chance of buying them themselves as they will never have the points in their own name..
Those that bought tickets and didn't travel should be banned from buying tickets again.
The terms and conditions of purchase mean that if your circumstances change and you can't go you should return to the FAW.
It is simply against UEFA rules to use a ticket that is not in.ypur name.
Glastonbury even make you have s proper laminated photo.pass to avoid reselling and tickets falling into the hands of touts.

If what you are saying about the FAW stopping fans with tickets in different names going in (and I am not disputing you at all) that is very disappointing to hear. They shouldn't punish the fans who have travelled all that way and spent their hard earned, instead they should punish the fans who bought the tickets and sold them for the reasons you have highlighted.
Osijek on 18:21 - Jun 10 with 1649 viewsNeath_Jack

Osijek on 17:50 - Jun 10 by majorraglan

If what you are saying about the FAW stopping fans with tickets in different names going in (and I am not disputing you at all) that is very disappointing to hear. They shouldn't punish the fans who have travelled all that way and spent their hard earned, instead they should punish the fans who bought the tickets and sold them for the reasons you have highlighted.

They were the blue vested FAW stewards who were instigating it.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Osijek on 19:22 - Jun 10 with 1602 viewsNotLoyal

Osijek on 12:10 - Jun 10 by Badlands

Hungary was already imposing extreme laws against Jews, indigenous ethnic groups and Roma long before they joined the Axis powers.
The state was expansions and, with support from the Nazis, incorporated massive areas neighbouring countries into its empire.
By the end of the war, the death toll was between 450,000 and 606,000 Hungarian Jews and an estimated 28,000 Hungarian Roma
When Hungarian forces invaded Yugoslavia and the Soviet Union their participation was noted by German observers for its particular cruelty, with occupied peoples subjected to arbitrary violence. Hungarian volunteers were sometimes referred to as engaging in "murder tourism."
In cooperation with the Nazis, Szálasi (premier) attempted to resume deportations of Jews, but Germany's fast-disintegrating communications largely prevented this from happening. Nonetheless, the Arrow Cross launched a reign of terror against the Jews of Budapest. Thousands were tortured, raped and murdered in the last months of the war, and their property looted or destroyed.

You'll be fine as long as you are straight, white and right.

Forgive and forget Fawlty.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Osijek on 20:09 - Jun 10 with 1561 viewsbuilthjack

Osijek on 19:22 - Jun 10 by NotLoyal

Forgive and forget Fawlty.

Yes, there's no future in the past.

Osijek on 20:52 - Jun 10 with 1520 viewsTenbySwan

Osijek on 17:50 - Jun 10 by majorraglan

Someone out there told me that it was an FAW initiative to check the names on all the tickets as there have been a lot of complaints the same people are playing the system buying all the tickets as they have the points, thereby getting even more points and stopping other fans getting on the ladder.

A lot of tickets were confiscated and some people will definitely be being contacted as I understand it fans that had the tickets confiscated were let in after the game had started
Osijek on 21:56 - Jun 10 with 1446 viewsFireboy2

Osijek on 20:52 - Jun 10 by TenbySwan

Someone out there told me that it was an FAW initiative to check the names on all the tickets as there have been a lot of complaints the same people are playing the system buying all the tickets as they have the points, thereby getting even more points and stopping other fans getting on the ladder.

A lot of tickets were confiscated and some people will definitely be being contacted as I understand it fans that had the tickets confiscated were let in after the game had started

Glas they are finally getting on top of the problem.

And its good to know the people who were refused finally got to watch the game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024