Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good article for once about us in the West 07:28 - Jun 10 with 810 viewsdickythorpe

It's not all about East Wales.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47896663
Good article for once about us in the West on 07:45 - Jun 10 with 769 viewsladyjack

I've been off about it for years its getting worse and worse down here in the West, the 2 lane motorway cant handle the volume of traffic, if there is only so much money in the public purse then it should be spent down West, Cardiff and the East have had more than enough money spent on it.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2019 7:59]
Good article for once about us in the West on 08:27 - Jun 10 with 715 viewsVincent_Vega

M4and A48 are badly struggling.

I went on the M4 Friday going east from Pont abs and the traffic going west was bumper to bumper all the way back to the Hendy turn off, and that was half 6 in the evening.

If you want to go west on a Friday before bank holiday forget it. Traffic is gridlocked on the A48 from Cross Hands to Cwmgwili from what I can see and Carmarthen is worse! talking tailbacks past Nantycaws.

Llanelli is another one, single carriageway going in and out and it's ram a jammed most days. The infrastructure is just not able to cope as people have to travel further and longer to work.

Public transport is atrocious, for example I'm doing the Swansea half week Sunday. Fancy a few jars afterwards so I don't want to take the car, First bus is 9am wont be in town until 10:10. Race starts at 10am. Trains? forget it one train 3pm leaving home. Result? looks like I'm taking the car or thumbing a lift both will require another car on the road on that day (granted it's a Sunday but the point stands).

The situation will never improve without massive investment in roads down west of a colossal investment in Public transport, neither I can ever see happening in my lifetime and I'm in my 30's. Shame.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Good article for once about us in the West on 09:44 - Jun 10 with 646 viewsdickythorpe

People drive way too fast from pont Abraham down to Carmarthen.
It's probably stress related as they no doubt have been caught from the llanddarog turn off (dangerous even at quiet times) and nantycaws to Carmarthen.
Carmarthen town had a golden opportunity when they did that Debenhams area to make it a one way in, one way out town, but remarkably they didn't!!it causes so much congestion.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2019 9:45]
Good article for once about us in the West on 09:49 - Jun 10 with 635 viewsladyjack

Good article for once about us in the West on 09:44 - Jun 10 by dickythorpe

People drive way too fast from pont Abraham down to Carmarthen.
It's probably stress related as they no doubt have been caught from the llanddarog turn off (dangerous even at quiet times) and nantycaws to Carmarthen.
Carmarthen town had a golden opportunity when they did that Debenhams area to make it a one way in, one way out town, but remarkably they didn't!!it causes so much congestion.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2019 9:45]

Yes that is my take as well.
Good article for once about us in the West on 10:11 - Jun 10 with 606 viewscontroversial_jack

Good article for once about us in the West on 07:45 - Jun 10 by ladyjack

I've been off about it for years its getting worse and worse down here in the West, the 2 lane motorway cant handle the volume of traffic, if there is only so much money in the public purse then it should be spent down West, Cardiff and the East have had more than enough money spent on it.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2019 7:59]

The 50 mph speed limit doesn't help either
Good article for once about us in the West on 12:14 - Jun 10 with 529 viewsladyjack

Good article for once about us in the West on 10:11 - Jun 10 by controversial_jack

The 50 mph speed limit doesn't help either

Yes you are right.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024