Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gower Railways 14:17 - Jun 10 with 1046 viewsThrasher6

An interesting article on two potential railways in the Gower at the turn of the century...as it says at the end - a great "what if" scenario

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/stunning-railway-line-link-mumbles

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Gower Railways on 15:00 - Jun 10 with 978 viewsDr_Winston

Horrific thought.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Gower Railways on 18:59 - Jun 10 with 798 viewsAlberto_Swinglehurst

Another glorious missed opportunity.
Gower Railways on 07:20 - Jun 11 with 664 viewsSwanDownUnder

Gower Railways on 15:00 - Jun 10 by Dr_Winston

Horrific thought.

"developing Rhossili into a health resort and the "Brighton of the west"."

Imagine that....
Gower Railways on 07:30 - Jun 11 with 651 viewsdickythorpe

If we could guarantee the weather and if our climate would-be warmer I'm sure experts have said that all along the coast from Port Talbot down would have been hotels like Miami!!!
Gower Railways on 08:39 - Jun 11 with 612 viewsJonathans_coat

Gower Railways on 07:30 - Jun 11 by dickythorpe

If we could guarantee the weather and if our climate would-be warmer I'm sure experts have said that all along the coast from Port Talbot down would have been hotels like Miami!!!

I’ve often said similar.

If only we had the weather (consistently) Swansea bay and the Gower would be better than any beaches you can find in Spain, Greece or anywhere in the world. But on the other hand, those beaches would be ruined long ago by rows and rows of 20 storey hotels, tourist pubs and tat shops selling fridge magnets.

Maybe because we only have 20 - 30 really hot sunny days a year, Gower has been “saved” from tourism, and us locals can appreciate it so much more. Is there many more beautiful places in the world than the Gower on a sunny day?
Gower Railways on 09:21 - Jun 11 with 587 viewsLeonWasGod

Gower Railways on 07:20 - Jun 11 by SwanDownUnder

"developing Rhossili into a health resort and the "Brighton of the west"."

Imagine that....

Yep, Rhossili dodged a bullet there.

Edit - the footage in that article of the Mumbles tram is superb - I hadn't seen that before. Now that is something that we miss.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2019 9:22]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024