Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abolish the BBC license tax 20:43 - Jun 10 with 5216 viewsHCMC

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/235653

It’s about time parasites got into the 21st century and the enforced tax was abolished.

And now pensioners are going to be pushed into poverty so multimillionaires like Lineker can be paid millions a year.

Sign the petition.
Abolish the BBC license tax on 07:41 - Jun 12 with 1371 viewsjackrmee

Abolish the BBC license tax on 20:47 - Jun 10 by majorraglan

Don’t agree with paying huge amounts to celebs, but why should a pensioner on £30k get a freebie licence when there’s plenty of people working hard to earn less than that still having to pay for a licence. Means test it so those in need get tested, those who can afford it can pay like the rest of us.

Everything should be free for the oldies

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Abolish the BBC license tax on 08:16 - Jun 12 with 1364 viewsPhil_S

One thing that has amazed me this week is simply so many people outraged and demanding a licence fee should be free to prevent people like Lineker getting paid millions

Yet a large proportion of those people will happily pay out £600+ per year to Sky/BT to ensure that someone like Mo Salah gets paid ten times that...

For the record I don't agree with all pensioners paying for it but a large number of them will also pay for Sky/BT and therefore arent really in a position to protest.

Just some small points that get missed in the Piers Morgan outrage against a channel
Abolish the BBC license tax on 08:18 - Jun 12 with 1359 viewsbluey_the_blue

Well, there's also the point that BBC want public money but also have a very lucrative BBC worldwide division.

BBC want their cake and to eat it.
Abolish the BBC license tax on 08:19 - Jun 12 with 1358 viewscontroversial_jack

Abolish the BBC license tax on 08:16 - Jun 12 by Phil_S

One thing that has amazed me this week is simply so many people outraged and demanding a licence fee should be free to prevent people like Lineker getting paid millions

Yet a large proportion of those people will happily pay out £600+ per year to Sky/BT to ensure that someone like Mo Salah gets paid ten times that...

For the record I don't agree with all pensioners paying for it but a large number of them will also pay for Sky/BT and therefore arent really in a position to protest.

Just some small points that get missed in the Piers Morgan outrage against a channel

Isn't it a matter of choice with sky, etc, but with a licence it's compulsory and a fine if caught and proven?
Abolish the BBC license tax on 08:21 - Jun 12 with 1354 viewsVincent_Vega

Abolish the BBC license tax on 19:21 - Jun 11 by Highjack

You don’t need a tv licence to listen to the radio.

Very astute,

How is BBC radio funded?

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Abolish the BBC license tax on 08:56 - Jun 12 with 1321 viewsbluey_the_blue

Abolish the BBC license tax on 08:19 - Jun 12 by controversial_jack

Isn't it a matter of choice with sky, etc, but with a licence it's compulsory and a fine if caught and proven?

Or imprisonment - at least that used to be an option.

As mum went into sheltered accomodation, I changed her licence address online. Clearing her old property out, a week later a letter was received at her old place - addressed to "The occupier".

It was a friendly letter reminding that it had been detected the property did not have a licence so needed to buy one. I ignored it. Week later, a super serious letter arrived that it had now been escalated to an investigation. How thrilling, let them send round one of their amazing detector vans ( lol ). Not heard anything since.

The sole "detection" process matching the database of properties in uk against database of those with licences, sending letters out to those properties in the assumption some wrongdoing is going on. Friends without TVs and no interest in TV have routinely received such communications.
Abolish the BBC license tax on 08:56 - Jun 12 with 1321 viewsexiledclaseboy

Abolish the BBC license tax on 08:21 - Jun 12 by Vincent_Vega

Very astute,

How is BBC radio funded?

By the TV licence fee.

Poll: Tory leader

Abolish the BBC license tax on 09:02 - Jun 12 with 1319 viewsexiledclaseboy

Abolish the BBC license tax on 08:56 - Jun 12 by bluey_the_blue

Or imprisonment - at least that used to be an option.

As mum went into sheltered accomodation, I changed her licence address online. Clearing her old property out, a week later a letter was received at her old place - addressed to "The occupier".

It was a friendly letter reminding that it had been detected the property did not have a licence so needed to buy one. I ignored it. Week later, a super serious letter arrived that it had now been escalated to an investigation. How thrilling, let them send round one of their amazing detector vans ( lol ). Not heard anything since.

The sole "detection" process matching the database of properties in uk against database of those with licences, sending letters out to those properties in the assumption some wrongdoing is going on. Friends without TVs and no interest in TV have routinely received such communications.

Imprisonment was never a punishment for failing to pay for a TV licence.

Login to get fewer ads

Abolish the BBC license tax on 09:34 - Jun 12 with 1300 viewsJango

Abolish the BBC license tax on 08:56 - Jun 12 by exiledclaseboy

By the TV licence fee.

Stop the presenters from talking absolute shite for 90% of the time and throw a few adverts in and problem solved.
Abolish the BBC license tax on 09:42 - Jun 12 with 1289 viewsVincent_Vega

Abolish the BBC license tax on 08:56 - Jun 12 by exiledclaseboy

By the TV licence fee.

Ah, so you see the dilemma in flat abolishing the whole licence?

Abolish the BBC license tax on 09:47 - Jun 12 with 1278 viewsexiledclaseboy

Abolish the BBC license tax on 09:42 - Jun 12 by Vincent_Vega

Ah, so you see the dilemma in flat abolishing the whole licence?

Yes. It’s a stupid idea.

Abolish the BBC license tax on 10:22 - Jun 12 with 1261 viewsVincent_Vega

Abolish the BBC license tax on 09:47 - Jun 12 by exiledclaseboy

Yes. It’s a stupid idea.

Quite, Reform? Yes, Get rid? No.

Abolish the BBC license tax on 10:51 - Jun 12 with 1254 viewsbluey_the_blue

Abolish the BBC license tax on 09:02 - Jun 12 by exiledclaseboy

No - but those not paying the fee are unlikely to pay the fines.

Get behind on utility bills such as energy, you don't get prosecuted.

The licence fee is incredibly unfair, the consequences for not paying / not being able to pay are out of all proportion.

It's time the licence fee went.
Abolish the BBC license tax on 11:07 - Jun 12 with 1247 viewsLord_Bony

Abolish the BBC license tax on 10:51 - Jun 12 by bluey_the_blue

No - but those not paying the fee are unlikely to pay the fines.

Get behind on utility bills such as energy, you don't get prosecuted.

The licence fee is incredibly unfair, the consequences for not paying / not being able to pay are out of all proportion.

It's time the licence fee went.

Agreed.

but there are still some great programmes being made by Auntie Beeb.

Would be a sad loss to see her die.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Abolish the BBC license tax on 11:12 - Jun 12 with 1246 viewsbluey_the_blue

Abolish the BBC license tax on 11:07 - Jun 12 by Lord_Bony

Agreed.

but there are still some great programmes being made by Auntie Beeb.

Would be a sad loss to see her die.

Nobody is saying let it die.

The fact is, BBC have wasted endless amounts of money over the years - tried chasing ratings. Hired Graham Norton away from Channel 4 for millions a year - then failed to come up with anything for him.

BBC want to make money selling overseas, profit from that yet also want the public to pay for them. The plurality of channels hits BBC's ratings. I barely watch BBC channels yet pay Sky subscription for those channels I do view, and pay the same as someone who watches nothing but BBC.
Abolish the BBC license tax on 01:10 - Jun 13 with 1158 viewsjackrmee

Abolish the BBC license tax on 09:02 - Jun 12 by exiledclaseboy

Not directly, but not paying the ensuing fine would then end you up inside.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Abolish the BBC license tax on 08:51 - Jun 14 with 1064 viewsPacemaker

Abolish the BBC license tax on 01:10 - Jun 13 by jackrmee

Not directly, but not paying the ensuing fine would then end you up inside.

I can remember in the late 80’s numerous people being sent to prison for non payment of fines which had been imposed for TV licence and rates. Long before council tax came in and the subsequent large number imprisoned for the deliberate non payment.

Wonder what people’s views are now in relation to council tax and the old rate system?

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024