Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are we waiting? 13:16 - Jun 11 with 9668 viewsWaltersRedBoots

Why hasn't Steve Cooper been formally announced yet ?
I'm not particularly over the moon if it is him mind. Seems a too careful appointment to me
Why are we waiting? on 13:19 - Jun 11 with 5516 viewsBadlands

American consortium have to agree the appointment and are, apparently, not at all impressed.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Why are we waiting? on 13:21 - Jun 11 with 5496 viewsFireboy2

Why are we waiting? on 13:19 - Jun 11 by Badlands

American consortium have to agree the appointment and are, apparently, not at all impressed.

Yeah and you would know.
Why are we waiting? on 13:24 - Jun 11 with 5459 viewsLeonWasGod

What tart reported this for abuse
Why are we waiting? on 13:47 - Jun 11 with 5395 viewsfrancos16

Why are we waiting? on 13:24 - Jun 11 by LeonWasGod

Well hopefully the Yanks have spoken to Leon and Curt direct and they have told them this is a crock of shit appointment and let’s get a Manager in with experience of looking after a senior professional side . Our side needs a strong experienced guiding hand given what is in front of us this season . Arguably our most potent attacking player has been sold in James and there is a real likelihood that one at least of Grimes , Rodon, Roberts or Mc Burnie will follow to plug the financial hole.Little mention is made of new blood coming in as there will be none of any real quality. Gents this is a season to consolidate , any other aspirations are seriously delusional . You cannot roll the dice on a novice appointment in this league with this squad
Why are we waiting? on 13:50 - Jun 11 with 5377 viewsFlashberryjack

Why are we waiting? on 13:24 - Jun 11 by LeonWasGod

Not guilty guv.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Why are we waiting? on 13:57 - Jun 11 with 5328 viewsLeonWasGod

Why are we waiting? on 13:47 - Jun 11 by francos16

Well hopefully the Yanks have spoken to Leon and Curt direct and they have told them this is a crock of shit appointment and let’s get a Manager in with experience of looking after a senior professional side . Our side needs a strong experienced guiding hand given what is in front of us this season . Arguably our most potent attacking player has been sold in James and there is a real likelihood that one at least of Grimes , Rodon, Roberts or Mc Burnie will follow to plug the financial hole.Little mention is made of new blood coming in as there will be none of any real quality. Gents this is a season to consolidate , any other aspirations are seriously delusional . You cannot roll the dice on a novice appointment in this league with this squad

Maybe you're right, maybe not. This guy could be the next gem for all we know, or he could be a flop. I'd 100% back the views of Birch/Curt/Leon over the Americans though.
Why are we waiting? on 14:11 - Jun 11 with 5264 viewsBadlands

Why are we waiting? on 13:21 - Jun 11 by Fireboy2

Yeah and you would know.

'England under-17s boss Steve Cooper is the current front-runner for the job, but his appointment will now likely rest on the opinions of Swansea’s American owners, who may yet decide that the Pontypridd-born coach doesn’t have the necessary experience needed to take the club forward.'

Apologies Should have written, 'reportedly'.

Why are we waiting? on 14:12 - Jun 11 with 5258 viewsandypitt56

Why are we waiting? on 13:57 - Jun 11 by LeonWasGod

Maybe you're right, maybe not. This guy could be the next gem for all we know, or he could be a flop. I'd 100% back the views of Birch/Curt/Leon over the Americans though.

I was under the impression it was more to do with Cooper and the english FA.
Login to get fewer ads

Why are we waiting? on 14:20 - Jun 11 with 5220 viewsBadlands

Why are we waiting? on 13:47 - Jun 11 by francos16

Reporting about Cooper in the The Guardian
'Trevor Birch, the Swansea chairman, Leon Britton, who was recently appointed as the football adviser to the board of directors, and Alan Curtis, the club president, were involved in an interview process that culminated with a conference call to Swansea’s American owners.'
As there has been no approval I suspect either,
the American Group are doing they homework and not rubber stamping the appointment of someone they have never heard of
or
Swansea are negotiating with Mike Marsh and Huddersfield (although why this pairing has been suggested is a little random - anyone got some background on these two having some connections?0

Why are we waiting? on 14:32 - Jun 11 with 5148 viewsicecoldjack

Why would we suddenly think the yanks are doing due diligence in terms of appointments ?

They’ve got almost every decision wrong since being here, and why are suddenly worried about the latest acquisition. While not giving a fook when Huw was. Reckless in spending so much on Ayew Bony and Borja ?
That was the time to be thinking over details !!

It’s all a bit late now like...

As for cooper, just don’t have anything to say about him other than him being a huge gamble.
Why are we waiting? on 14:37 - Jun 11 with 5118 viewsQJumpingJack

The same Americans who appointed Bradley in 2017.
They are probably best kept out of the selection process.
Why are we waiting? on 15:05 - Jun 11 with 4967 viewsSwanseaman

If they decide to go against Birch that wouldn't go down too well
[Post edited 11 Jun 2019 15:13]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Why are we waiting? on 15:21 - Jun 11 with 4862 viewsBadlands

I see the US consortium are being blamed for every wrong decision.
I doubt Bradley or any of the other players or managers were their choice as they have been arms length on the playing side of things.
More. likely Jenkins trying to get in their good books.
It appears they are being more involved recently, after local management wasn't up to the job and their focus on DC United is allowing more time to concentrate on us and their main company work.

Why are we waiting? on 15:30 - Jun 11 with 4811 viewsFireboy2

Why are we waiting? on 14:11 - Jun 11 by Badlands

'England under-17s boss Steve Cooper is the current front-runner for the job, but his appointment will now likely rest on the opinions of Swansea’s American owners, who may yet decide that the Pontypridd-born coach doesn’t have the necessary experience needed to take the club forward.'

Apologies Should have written, 'reportedly'.

Wtf would they know.

The evidence is that we have been on a downhill road the fvckers took control.

Why cant they leave footballing decisions to the people with experience.
Why are we waiting? on 15:35 - Jun 11 with 4790 viewsPaxton

Why are we waiting? on 14:20 - Jun 11 by Badlands

Reporting about Cooper in the The Guardian
'Trevor Birch, the Swansea chairman, Leon Britton, who was recently appointed as the football adviser to the board of directors, and Alan Curtis, the club president, were involved in an interview process that culminated with a conference call to Swansea’s American owners.'
As there has been no approval I suspect either,
the American Group are doing they homework and not rubber stamping the appointment of someone they have never heard of
or
Swansea are negotiating with Mike Marsh and Huddersfield (although why this pairing has been suggested is a little random - anyone got some background on these two having some connections?0

I thought Mike Marsh was also a Coach of the England Under 17's. Ex Liverpool player. I think he used to be with Huddersfield. I could be wrong though, perhaps he is still with them.
Why are we waiting? on 15:41 - Jun 11 with 4753 viewsQJumpingJack

Why are we waiting? on 15:21 - Jun 11 by Badlands

I doubt Bradley or any of the other players or managers were their choice as they have been arms length on the playing side of things.
It appears they are being more involved recently, after local management wasn't up to the job and their focus on DC United is allowing more time to concentrate on us and their main company work.

The Americans wanted Bradley in Autumn 2017.
Giggs was wanted by Jenkins.
Why are we waiting? on 15:48 - Jun 11 with 4722 viewsmagicdaps10

Why are we waiting? on 15:21 - Jun 11 by Badlands

Ultimately as owners all wrong decisions can be traced back to them.

It tells you something when they are not even over when we are looking for a manager!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Why are we waiting? on 15:56 - Jun 11 with 4682 viewsjasper_T

Why are we waiting? on 15:48 - Jun 11 by magicdaps10

Ultimately as owners all wrong decisions can be traced back to them.

It tells you something when they are not even over when we are looking for a manager!

If they came over I guarantee most you would be fuming about them sticking their noses in, probably giving us another Bob Bradley, and asking why Trevor Birch is getting paid a fortune (and shares) to have someone else do his job for him.
Why are we waiting? on 16:12 - Jun 11 with 4608 viewsraynor94

Why are we waiting? on 15:56 - Jun 11 by jasper_T

If they came over I guarantee most you would be fuming about them sticking their noses in, probably giving us another Bob Bradley, and asking why Trevor Birch is getting paid a fortune (and shares) to have someone else do his job for him.

Top post

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Why are we waiting? on 16:12 - Jun 11 with 4608 viewssainthelens

Dental appointment?
Why are we waiting? on 16:15 - Jun 11 with 4597 viewsjack247

They really shouldn’t have anything to do with it. They should set a budget, short and medium term goals and allow Birch, Britton and Curtis to appoint. It’s not their forte as we have seen in the past.
Why are we waiting? on 16:39 - Jun 11 with 4474 viewsmonmouth

Why are we waiting? on 15:56 - Jun 11 by jasper_T

If it looks like it might fall through, everyone will want him, and it’ll be their fault we didn’t get a manager with huge potential

It’s the way we roll. I’d be disconcerted if it changed, because then, we wouldn’t be us, we would be not us.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Why are we waiting? on 16:39 - Jun 11 with 4474 viewsSwanseaman

The wait may be because they need to sort out both Cooper and Marsh, getting the both of them in is essential.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-former-liverpool-

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Why are we waiting? on 16:46 - Jun 11 with 4454 viewsAlf6

Why are we waiting? on 16:15 - Jun 11 by jack247

They really shouldn’t have anything to do with it. They should set a budget, short and medium term goals and allow Birch, Britton and Curtis to appoint. It’s not their forte as we have seen in the past.

When G.P. left for Brighton he took a management support team with him. Now that Steve Cooper has been selected he will need to assemble his own support team. This involves those he wants agreeing to come (and this involves families) , then their release from their current job has to be negotiated. Finally terms and conditions for their position at Swansea have to be agreed and contracted. It cannot be done overnight.
Why are we waiting? on 17:03 - Jun 11 with 4361 viewsLeonWasGod

Why are we waiting? on 16:39 - Jun 11 by Swanseaman

The wait may be because they need to sort out both Cooper and Marsh, getting the both of them in is essential.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-former-liverpool-

Interesting. Not a bad pairing on paper.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024