Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are we waiting? 13:16 - Jun 11 with 10001 viewsWaltersRedBoots

Why hasn't Steve Cooper been formally announced yet ?
I'm not particularly over the moon if it is him mind. Seems a too careful appointment to me
Why are we waiting? on 17:13 - Jun 11 with 2136 viewsgiantstoneater

Why are we waiting? on 15:21 - Jun 11 by Badlands

I see the US consortium are being blamed for every wrong decision.
I doubt Bradley or any of the other players or managers were their choice as they have been arms length on the playing side of things.
More. likely Jenkins trying to get in their good books.
It appears they are being more involved recently, after local management wasn't up to the job and their focus on DC United is allowing more time to concentrate on us and their main company work.

The very reason they should sell up and bugger off if they think DC Utd are more important than us!!
Why are we waiting? on 17:16 - Jun 11 with 2129 viewsjack247

I doubt Bradley or any of the other players or managers were their choice as they have been arms length on the playing side of things.
It appears they are being more involved recently, after local management wasn't up to the job and their focus on DC United is allowing more time to concentrate on us and their main company work.

You don’t think Bradley was their choice? You think anyone with half a clue about football would have put him in charge of a Premier league team?
Why are we waiting? on 17:18 - Jun 11 with 2120 viewsDrGonzo

Badlands, are you on crack?
Why are we waiting? on 17:27 - Jun 11 with 2069 viewsSwanseaman

When Cooper presented an FAW licence course in 2013, he spoke in-depth about his tactical approach and the importance of believing in systems. Cooper described how he sees the game:

“I pride myself on having a clear view of when the team is getting it right and where I want them to go, but also the bits to get there. So how do you train the game-model, for example? Pep taught me to create a vision and build back up to it. More than anything, once you’ve got your vision, once you’ve got your steps to get there, with your periodisation of training, the type of practices that you use, the individual profiling of players, then stick to it. You need to have belief in it.

This is similar to a video I watched by Arnie Schwarzenegger about having a vision = once you’ve got your vision, you need to believe in it and stick to it:

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Why are we waiting? on 18:07 - Jun 11 with 1912 viewsBadlands

Why are we waiting? on 17:27 - Jun 11 by Swanseaman

When Cooper presented an FAW licence course in 2013, he spoke in-depth about his tactical approach and the importance of believing in systems. Cooper described how he sees the game:

“I pride myself on having a clear view of when the team is getting it right and where I want them to go, but also the bits to get there. So how do you train the game-model, for example? Pep taught me to create a vision and build back up to it. More than anything, once you’ve got your vision, once you’ve got your steps to get there, with your periodisation of training, the type of practices that you use, the individual profiling of players, then stick to it. You need to have belief in it.

This is similar to a video I watched by Arnie Schwarzenegger about having a vision = once you’ve got your vision, you need to believe in it and stick to it:

Monk did that!!!
The vision has to be achievable and relevant to the task at hand, but most importantly is has to bought into by those you are seeking to take with you.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Why are we waiting? on 18:12 - Jun 11 with 1898 viewsjackrmee

Why are we waiting? on 13:57 - Jun 11 by LeonWasGod

Maybe you're right, maybe not. This guy could be the next gem for all we know, or he could be a flop. I'd 100% back the views of Birch/Curt/Leon over the Americans though.

Definitely!
I think it's mad how one minute people reckon the Yanks are taking the cheap option, the next people reckon the Yanks are over-ruling as they don't want a cheap option.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Why are we waiting? on 18:14 - Jun 11 with 1879 viewsAngelRangelQS

Why are we waiting? on 18:12 - Jun 11 by jackrmee

Definitely!
I think it's mad how one minute people reckon the Yanks are taking the cheap option, the next people reckon the Yanks are over-ruling as they don't want a cheap option.

People will find any angle they can to moan about the Americans.
Why are we waiting? on 18:24 - Jun 11 with 1823 viewsBillyChong

Why are we waiting? on 14:11 - Jun 11 by Badlands

'England under-17s boss Steve Cooper is the current front-runner for the job, but his appointment will now likely rest on the opinions of Swansea’s American owners, who may yet decide that the Pontypridd-born coach doesn’t have the necessary experience needed to take the club forward.'

Apologies Should have written, 'reportedly'.

Could it be argued that the owners also lack certain features needed to take the club forward?
Login to get fewer ads

Why are we waiting? on 18:29 - Jun 11 with 1809 viewsBillyChong

The yanks definitely had a say in the Bradley appointment.
Why are we waiting? on 18:34 - Jun 11 with 1791 viewsSwanseaman

Why are we waiting? on 18:07 - Jun 11 by Badlands

Monk did that!!!
The vision has to be achievable and relevant to the task at hand, but most importantly is has to bought into by those you are seeking to take with you.

Monk was at that FAW licence course in 2013.

having a vision, a plan how to get there, a belief, and sticking to it, this technique has been around forever. I read years ago that Arnie was one of the best examples of it.

Cooper was taught it by Pep Segura, when he worked with him. Cooper has said that it's 'what I pride myself on now.' So he may well be an expert at it (or believe he is). It's easy to dream about achieving things, but without a detailed plan how to get there, and knowing exactly what your doing, dreaming alone is useless.

The point about the 'Naysayers': there are always those who will say that it can not be done, they will say that someone is going to fail, or that they will not get anywhere. Naysayers are now doing this with Cooper, similar to when Potter was appointed, here are a couple of examples (there were loads):

PunCrock 4 Jun 2018 18:21 5
Let's hope Potter makes midwinter, but I've got a feeling it will go a bit bizarre.

YeOldPhart 4 Jun 2018 18:55 24
I hope he leaves his family in Sweden and doesn't uproot them for a few months in South Wales. He'll be fired by Xmas or March when they are struggling due to lack understanding of his methods .

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Why are we waiting? on 18:37 - Jun 11 with 1773 viewsDewi1jack

Why are we waiting? on 13:57 - Jun 11 by LeonWasGod

Maybe you're right, maybe not. This guy could be the next gem for all we know, or he could be a flop. I'd 100% back the views of Birch/Curt/Leon over the Americans though.

I'm sure the same sort of comments were made last year on Potters appointment.

'Inexperienced, no learning ground, sh1t squad etc

Seems we have a few fans never willing to give a manager and players 10games to see how the land lies.

Our first season in a while without beaky trying to buy his brand of players.
Or get goalies from fukin Australian leagues

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Why are we waiting? on 18:49 - Jun 11 with 1722 viewsjack247

Why are we waiting? on 18:29 - Jun 11 by BillyChong

The yanks definitely had a say in the Bradley appointment.

Of course they did. They even took responsibility for it after his sacking.
Why are we waiting? on 18:57 - Jun 11 with 1689 viewsjacktar_

Why are we waiting? on 17:13 - Jun 11 by giantstoneater

The very reason they should sell up and bugger off if they think DC Utd are more important than us!!

DC Utd have far more potential for money making than us.
Why are we waiting? on 19:01 - Jun 11 with 1668 viewsjasper_T

Why are we waiting? on 18:57 - Jun 11 by jacktar_

DC Utd have far more potential for money making than us.

How so?
Why are we waiting? on 19:03 - Jun 11 with 1667 viewsjacktar_

Are people seriously backing Birch? Do they think he's got the best interests of the club at heart? We are truly f@cked. I love Curtis, but when has he ever been involved in manager recruitment? Cooper doesn't give a shit for us, he's a Bassey and so is his father. We are going down again.
Why are we waiting? on 19:06 - Jun 11 with 1656 viewsjack247

Why are we waiting? on 19:03 - Jun 11 by jacktar_

Are people seriously backing Birch? Do they think he's got the best interests of the club at heart? We are truly f@cked. I love Curtis, but when has he ever been involved in manager recruitment? Cooper doesn't give a shit for us, he's a Bassey and so is his father. We are going down again.

Let’s just take the Cardiff thing out of this for a minute. He’s a rookie manager desperate to make a name for himself.

The idea that any manager wouldn’t give his all for a club because of where he’s from is ludicrous. Even more so for one who will either use us a stepping stone or disappear back to coaching age grade teams. If he gets this job it will be absolutely massive for him.
Why are we waiting? on 19:40 - Jun 11 with 1546 viewsGaryjack

Why are we waiting? on 19:06 - Jun 11 by jack247

Let’s just take the Cardiff thing out of this for a minute. He’s a rookie manager desperate to make a name for himself.

The idea that any manager wouldn’t give his all for a club because of where he’s from is ludicrous. Even more so for one who will either use us a stepping stone or disappear back to coaching age grade teams. If he gets this job it will be absolutely massive for him.

I think we're all a bit sceptical aren't we, but at the end of the day kids or no kids, Liverpool do not employ chancers to run their academy, and the guy moved on from that position to win a world cup with England U17's. You can bet your life that both him and Mike Marsh will want to grasp this opportunity with both hands and give it all they've got. Let's get behind them both. You never know, we might just have found the next Clough and Taylor in the making.
Why are we waiting? on 19:44 - Jun 11 with 1526 viewsraynor94

Why are we waiting? on 19:40 - Jun 11 by Garyjack

I think we're all a bit sceptical aren't we, but at the end of the day kids or no kids, Liverpool do not employ chancers to run their academy, and the guy moved on from that position to win a world cup with England U17's. You can bet your life that both him and Mike Marsh will want to grasp this opportunity with both hands and give it all they've got. Let's get behind them both. You never know, we might just have found the next Clough and Taylor in the making.

Excellent post!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Why are we waiting? on 19:48 - Jun 11 with 1498 viewsNeath_Jack

Why are we waiting? on 19:03 - Jun 11 by jacktar_

John Toshack couldn't be reached for comment.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Why are we waiting? on 19:53 - Jun 11 with 1489 viewsjack247

Why are we waiting? on 19:40 - Jun 11 by Garyjack

Exactly Gary. I could understand negativity if we were going to appoint Mark Bowen.

This may or may not work, but let’s at least drop the ridiculous criticism about him being from Pontypridd, his dad being a twàt etc and give him a chance to prove himself.

I was hoping for a young manager, looking to make a name for himself who played decent football. I’d be happy with Cooper.
Why are we waiting? on 20:24 - Jun 11 with 1396 viewsjacktar_

Why are we waiting? on 19:01 - Jun 11 by jasper_T

How so?

The American market, it's rich pickings, short term maybe.
Why are we waiting? on 20:35 - Jun 11 with 1365 viewsLeonWasGod

Why are we waiting? on 17:18 - Jun 11 by DrGonzo

Badlands, are you on crack?

Jenkins must have been if he chose Bobbly just to keep the Americans happy!

They’ve been a disaster so far. That’s blatantly self-evident.
Why are we waiting? on 20:40 - Jun 11 with 1339 viewsjasper_T

Why are we waiting? on 20:24 - Jun 11 by jacktar_

The American market, it's rich pickings, short term maybe.

The Premier League is a global market.

MLS is pocket change by comparison, but it is a much safer investment given that all member franchises are centrally backed with no relegation and teams only have to worry about one or two designated players as high earners.
Why are we waiting? on 20:45 - Jun 11 with 1319 viewsjack247

Why are we waiting? on 19:01 - Jun 11 by jasper_T

How so?

Because they don’t have a £30m black hole to fill.
Why are we waiting? on 21:16 - Jun 11 with 1267 viewsQJumpingJack

I expect there is a delay in the announcement as they will be waiting for the journalists to return from Budapest.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024