Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper 17:35 - Jun 13 with 20595 viewsOptimisticJack

Appointed. Official

Optimisticjack

Cooper on 13:08 - Jun 15 with 2664 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Cooper on 12:47 - Jun 15 by swancity

They have. I hope it works. But it’s an almighty gamble at a time when consolidation is needed.

It shows how quickly and how far the Club has fallen. Christ he wouldn’t have got a job as Youth team manager two years ago.

Of the names linked who would you have appointed?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Cooper on 13:16 - Jun 15 with 2637 viewsdobjack2

Cooper on 12:47 - Jun 15 by swancity

They have. I hope it works. But it’s an almighty gamble at a time when consolidation is needed.

It shows how quickly and how far the Club has fallen. Christ he wouldn’t have got a job as Youth team manager two years ago.

I think someone was always going to give him a chance at a lower level

The financial mess created by appalling recruitment and contracts is well known and is not going to attract coaches who want to bring a load of players in. The new man would have to be prepared to work with a low budget and to develop the players that are here. Not everyone wants to do that therefore in my view the list of applicants was never going to excite.

It is a risk, as is every signing, hopefully Marsh will add the experience that Cooper lacks.
Cooper on 13:18 - Jun 15 with 2632 viewsunion_jack

Cooper on 12:05 - Jun 15 by swancity

“ He was the perfect fit “

Cheap. Inexperienced. Unknown. Never worked with senior professional
Clubs. Sounds the perfect fit.

NOT GOING TO WORK.

Every managerial appointment has risk attached to it. There’s always the chance it will go terribly wrong but in the same way it could be absolutely the right fit.

No problem with expressing views on here, that’s what a forum is about, but I’d say there’s nothing anyone can do now so let’s get behind him and hope for the best. Personally, I think he’s going to do well.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Cooper on 14:02 - Jun 15 with 2528 viewsSwanseaman

Britton and curtis have played under many managers, both have been caretaker manager of Swansea, and been involved with coaching

Britton worked with Paul Clement and curtis has worked in most backroom staff roles at Swansea City, as well as being a part of Brian Flynn's Wales under-21 coaching set up.

I'd say that with their combined knowledge, for cooper to impress them, their decision says more that any naysayer forecasting a certain disaster.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Cooper on 17:30 - Jun 15 with 2336 viewsmajorraglan

Cooper on 13:04 - Jun 15 by pencoedjack

Glass half empty?

Very positive from a club legend

He’s (Leon) going to be positive because he’s a club employee, he’s hardly going to bite the hand that feeds him.

I have an open mind on this appointment. Yes I would have liked someone with experience of managing at a comparable level, who plays the way the club want to play, who would be happy to build a team giving youngsters a chance, would be prepared to work on a very limited budget and be prepared to move to Wales, but I am not sure there are that many who tick all the boxes.

Cooper has worked at a number of clubs and must have something about him if he headed up Liverpool’s Academy and won a Youth World Cup. One thing for sure, he’ll probably work really hard to be successful. Let’s hope he can do a job for Swansea.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2019 19:56]
Cooper on 20:00 - Jun 15 with 2150 viewsjacktar_

Cooper on 19:52 - Jun 14 by sainthelens

Have you ever kissed a girl ?

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fbanner2.kisspng.com%2F2017120

This post has been edited by an administrator
Cooper on 20:13 - Jun 15 with 2105 viewssainthelens

Cooper on 20:00 - Jun 15 by jacktar_

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fbanner2.kisspng.com%2F2017120

Step too far pal. If you wanna continue that line, we can sort that away from here.
Cooper on 20:18 - Jun 15 with 2096 viewsGlyn1

[Post edited 15 Jun 2019 20:31]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Login to get fewer ads

Cooper on 20:23 - Jun 15 with 2082 viewsGlyn1

Cooper on 20:13 - Jun 15 by sainthelens

Step too far pal. If you wanna continue that line, we can sort that away from here.

I normally don't agree with Saint Helens about anything but this time he's right. Please ban this troll.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2019 20:46]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Cooper on 01:28 - Jun 16 with 1856 viewsNotLoyal

Cooper on 20:00 - Jun 15 by jacktar_

You haven't been anywhere until you have licked the dairylea stains off an aging grandmother who has flaps like Biggles pilots helmet.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Cooper on 23:26 - Jun 16 with 1507 viewsjackrmee

Cooper on 17:30 - Jun 15 by majorraglan

He’s (Leon) going to be positive because he’s a club employee, he’s hardly going to bite the hand that feeds him.

I have an open mind on this appointment. Yes I would have liked someone with experience of managing at a comparable level, who plays the way the club want to play, who would be happy to build a team giving youngsters a chance, would be prepared to work on a very limited budget and be prepared to move to Wales, but I am not sure there are that many who tick all the boxes.

Cooper has worked at a number of clubs and must have something about him if he headed up Liverpool’s Academy and won a Youth World Cup. One thing for sure, he’ll probably work really hard to be successful. Let’s hope he can do a job for Swansea.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2019 19:56]

"but I am not sure there are that many who tick all the boxes. "

*any

At least not any who we could afford or attract.
As you say, I'm sure he'll work super hard. He's chomping at the bit. Nothing better than someone young and hungry, who loves his job. He's going to do really well, I can feel it in my bones.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Cooper on 04:05 - Jun 17 with 1434 viewsMo_Wives

Dear 'Four, Four, Two' magazine
I wonder if you could settle a dispute between me and my brother. Both being big Swans fan we're quite interested in finding out more about our new manager Steve Cooper.
I assert that before his success with the England youth set up and his time at Liverpool's academy that Steve started his career at the Wrexham academy, while my brother, on the other hand, believes that Steve is, in fact, a proper ugly c*nt. Could you settle this dispute for us please?
Thank you for your time, FFT magazine, I await your reply
Yours sincerely
Mr Maurice Wives

Dear Maurice
Good news. There is no need for the disagreement between you and your brother to continue. For while you are correct that Steve started his career at Wrexham, your brother is also correct that Steve is indeed a proper ugly c*nt.
Any more questions you have don't hesitate to contact us.
Yours sincerely
Derrick Smith
Derricks post bag
Four, Four, Two Magazine

Good luck, Mr Cooper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024