Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper 17:35 - Jun 13 with 20286 viewsOptimisticJack

Appointed. Official

Optimisticjack

Cooper on 10:06 - Jun 14 with 2460 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Cooper on 09:38 - Jun 14 by 1983

The son of ex-Premier League referee Keith, former defender Cooper was on the books at Wrexham as a youngster but did not make the grade in the professional game.
He played for The New Saints, Rhyl, Bangor City and Porthmadog, but began coaching in the Wrexham youth set-up in his twenties.
He had made it to head of youth at Wrexham when he moved to Liverpool's academy in 2008, and switched to the FA five years later.
The likes of Phil Foden, Jadon Sancho and Callum Hudson-Odoi were in the squad Cooper led to glory at the Under-17 World Cup in 2017.

Wow that is his CV

Frightening when you look at it like that, he'll need some help, but he is just going to be the coach, not sure what influence he'll get in selecting the players, he's not in a strong position, just happy we gave him a chance.
Cooper on 10:11 - Jun 14 with 2442 viewsNeath_Jack

Cooper on 10:06 - Jun 14 by AlfieMooresSon

Frightening when you look at it like that, he'll need some help, but he is just going to be the coach, not sure what influence he'll get in selecting the players, he's not in a strong position, just happy we gave him a chance.

When you say selecting the players, do you mean picking the team to take to the field? Or do you mean player purchases?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Cooper on 10:28 - Jun 14 with 2380 viewsBryanSwan

A lot of negativity on here.
I think it's as good an appointment as we couldve hoped for.
Thought of quite highly and will try and play the style of football the majority on here want.
The rest of the names being thrown about were dreadful.
The only question would be his experience, but as we've seen before experience doesn't mean everything and we have had a number of inexperienced manager perform well in the not so distant past.
Am looking forward to kicking on next season!!

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Cooper on 10:43 - Jun 14 with 2340 views1983

He took some kids to a world cup final a few years ago...Rock on

He's here to nurture the youngsters coming through so the yanks can sell them on

Cooper on 11:06 - Jun 14 with 2265 viewsjackrmee

Cooper on 10:43 - Jun 14 by 1983

He's here to nurture the youngsters coming through so the yanks can sell them on

He won that final and also took those kids to a Euro Championship final

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Cooper on 11:34 - Jun 14 with 2213 viewsraynor94

Same as most other teams of our size do

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Cooper on 12:03 - Jun 14 with 2126 viewsLeonWasGod

Of course, that's the only way we can survive under these owners. And that's always been the way. The vast majority of clubs below the Prem are selling clubs.
Cooper on 12:33 - Jun 14 with 2023 viewsdobjack2

Cooper on 09:38 - Jun 14 by 1983

The son of ex-Premier League referee Keith, former defender Cooper was on the books at Wrexham as a youngster but did not make the grade in the professional game.
He played for The New Saints, Rhyl, Bangor City and Porthmadog, but began coaching in the Wrexham youth set-up in his twenties.
He had made it to head of youth at Wrexham when he moved to Liverpool's academy in 2008, and switched to the FA five years later.
The likes of Phil Foden, Jadon Sancho and Callum Hudson-Odoi were in the squad Cooper led to glory at the Under-17 World Cup in 2017.

Wow that is his CV

If he was coming here on his own I would be more concerned.

Marsh played several seasons at the top level, has been first team coach at Liverpool and was a coach at Huddersfield under Wagner before linking up with Cooper at England U17.

He fills the gaps in Coopers CV.

Time to give them a chance.
Login to get fewer ads

Cooper on 12:33 - Jun 14 with 2022 viewsMrSwerve

Cooper on 11:34 - Jun 14 by raynor94

Same as most other teams of our size do

This might sound a bit daft, but I'm hoping that Cooper can help nurture 'the group', making the team better than the sum of its parts. I'd rather this with fairly average to good youngsters than having 1 superstar that we rely on who will be off within a season.

It'll be interesting to see if we bring in any loans from the England youth squads.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Cooper on 12:54 - Jun 14 with 1941 viewsSwansea93

Cooper on 12:33 - Jun 14 by MrSwerve

This might sound a bit daft, but I'm hoping that Cooper can help nurture 'the group', making the team better than the sum of its parts. I'd rather this with fairly average to good youngsters than having 1 superstar that we rely on who will be off within a season.

It'll be interesting to see if we bring in any loans from the England youth squads.

I'm fully expecting Woodburn here after his dismal loan spell at Sheffield United, and maybe Brewster if Liverpool want him to get some action under him.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Cooper on 13:03 - Jun 14 with 1904 viewsKGriz16

Fully behind this, and dead excited to see the squad play under him.
Also, another great statement from Trevor Birch. Very informative.
Now, let's do some damage in the transfer window and sign some much needed players, and get rid of the high earners. Onwards and upwards!
Cooper on 13:10 - Jun 14 with 1883 viewsdickythorpe

Cooper on 13:03 - Jun 14 by KGriz16

Fully behind this, and dead excited to see the squad play under him.
Also, another great statement from Trevor Birch. Very informative.
Now, let's do some damage in the transfer window and sign some much needed players, and get rid of the high earners. Onwards and upwards!

Cooper on 13:24 - Jun 14 with 1840 viewsjasper_T

Last season proved our top level academy produces talents as good as anyone so I hope the thinking is to have him develop what we have rather than do other clubs favours giving their kids chances.

If he knows a quality left winger that's great, but would Woodburn get a regular game while we've got McBurnie, Routledge, Celina etc?
Cooper on 13:33 - Jun 14 with 1814 viewssainthelens

Cooper on 13:24 - Jun 14 by jasper_T

Last season proved our top level academy produces talents as good as anyone so I hope the thinking is to have him develop what we have rather than do other clubs favours giving their kids chances.

If he knows a quality left winger that's great, but would Woodburn get a regular game while we've got McBurnie, Routledge, Celina etc?

Ollie loves a sicknote and Routs isn't getting any younger.
Cooper on 13:43 - Jun 14 with 1763 viewsEbo

Cooper on 17:46 - Jun 13 by Private_Partz

Indeed but Christ he looks tired. He looks like feel in the mornings when I wake up. Hope he gets some good Swansea fresh and has a lie down for a while.
Welcome you new JB :-)

He looks like he's been down a side street off Swansea High Street and scored some very potent spice. Welcome to Abertawe Plug!

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Cooper on 13:45 - Jun 14 with 1754 viewsEbo

Ampadu would be nice as well

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Cooper on 13:49 - Jun 14 with 1744 viewsjasper_T

Cooper on 13:33 - Jun 14 by sainthelens

Ollie loves a sicknote and Routs isn't getting any younger.

We've just given Wayne a new contract so I expect him to be more than just a backup player.

Despite his "bugs" McBurnie played in 42 of 46 league games. Only Grimes, Connor and vdH started more often.

Brewster played a couple of u23s games last season after 14 months out for multiple surgeries. Liverpool and Klopp talk up their kids a lot but Wilson took years to reach the point he's at now and Yan Dhanda is no superstar at our level despite first impressions. There was no great gulf in quality between their u23s side and ours this season, when you ignored the older players they had hanging around like Pedro Chirivella and £20m Lazar Markovic.

Some of that world cup winning squad played non-league last season. Not all stars of age group football come good.
Cooper on 14:30 - Jun 14 with 1657 viewsNeath_Jack

Anyone know whether we had to pay a fee to the F.A for taking Cooper from them?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Cooper on 14:40 - Jun 14 with 1633 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Cooper on 10:11 - Jun 14 by Neath_Jack

When you say selecting the players, do you mean picking the team to take to the field? Or do you mean player purchases?

Purchase, surely he will get to pick the team, when a Manager can't that never works ever!
Cooper on 14:41 - Jun 14 with 1629 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Cooper on 11:06 - Jun 14 by jackrmee

He won that final and also took those kids to a Euro Championship final

The kids did they were a good bunch, he won't have Wolrd class stars of the future here?
Cooper on 15:12 - Jun 14 with 1556 viewssioni

Let’s hope he helps as many kids as possible contribute so well to our team that they become attractive to other teams. That would certainly be a job well done by any coach. Good luck, Coop.
Cooper on 15:56 - Jun 14 with 1467 viewsblackflyingswan

Cooper on 09:34 - Jun 14 by monmouth

Has anyone asked if he can organise a set piece defence and knows of a decent goalie?

VORM !!!
Cooper on 16:02 - Jun 14 with 1445 viewsCooperman

Cooper on 15:56 - Jun 14 by blackflyingswan

VORM !!!

Have you seen Vorm play much in the last few seasons? There’s not many that can answer ‘yes’ to that question.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Cooper on 16:09 - Jun 14 with 1433 viewsBadlands

Cooper on 13:24 - Jun 14 by jasper_T

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-swansea-city-plot-swoop-to-sign-dem

'Swansea City are plotting a move to sign Peterborough United attacker Siriki Dembele, Football Insider can reveal.
The 22-year-old forward, who is the older brother of Celtic wonderkid Karamoko Dembele, is regarded as one of the most promising attacking talents in the Football League after impressing at Grimsby and now Peterborough.
A Swansea source has told Football Insider the club have been keeping tabs on Dembele for some time and they see him as someone who can comfortably make the step up to the Championship.'

It seems we have some players identified already, which I would expect, hopefully there will be a couple more that Cooper only needs to checkout and agree.

TBH I'm not sure Woodburn.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cooper on 16:14 - Jun 14 with 1416 viewsjasper_T

Who at the club has been keeping tabs on anyone "for some time"? The kitman?

First scouting team left last summer, chairman left after January, new scouting team left in May. Even the club secretary has gone, and she'd at least know where the files are kept.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024