Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper 17:35 - Jun 13 with 20620 viewsOptimisticJack

Appointed. Official

Optimisticjack

Cooper on 16:18 - Jun 14 with 2427 viewsjasper_T

Peterborough chairman doesn't sell cheap either, and is pretty open about their business on twitter.

edit: Player submitted a transfer request to force a move last summer so story sounds agent-driven to me.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 16:23]
Cooper on 16:21 - Jun 14 with 2393 viewsSwansea93

Cooper on 16:14 - Jun 14 by jasper_T

Who at the club has been keeping tabs on anyone "for some time"? The kitman?

First scouting team left last summer, chairman left after January, new scouting team left in May. Even the club secretary has gone, and she'd at least know where the files are kept.

Britton & Curtis plus the list Potter already had.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Cooper on 17:45 - Jun 14 with 2304 viewsjacktar_

Cooper on 17:47 - Jun 13 by sainthelens

His old man will disown him.

I think his father is a little too intelligent for that. I'm sure he'll be extremely proud.
Cooper on 17:59 - Jun 14 with 2263 viewsCaptain_Sham

He looks so happy in all the pictures I cant help but like him. He looks as chuffed as fk. In fact in the one picture with Mike Marsh he looks like he has bonged a whole 8th of Northern Lights in one bowl.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 18:01]

Its just a ride.

Cooper on 18:21 - Jun 14 with 2198 viewsSwanseaman

This will be our first full season without huw jenkins in charge of anything for years. feels good to have birch, britton, curtis, cooper and marsh in
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 18:23]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Cooper on 18:26 - Jun 14 with 2182 viewssainthelens

Cooper on 17:45 - Jun 14 by jacktar_

I think his father is a little too intelligent for that. I'm sure he'll be extremely proud.

His old man is a cvnt.
Cooper on 18:34 - Jun 14 with 2157 viewspencoedjack

Cooper on 18:26 - Jun 14 by sainthelens

His old man is a cvnt.

This^

Same as any other scummer
Cooper on 18:52 - Jun 14 with 2115 viewsMrSwerve

Alan Curtis scored ten goals for Cardiff. Toshack has scored 74.

Bunch of bastards.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

Cooper on 19:04 - Jun 14 with 2086 views34dfgdf54

Cooper on 18:52 - Jun 14 by MrSwerve

Alan Curtis scored ten goals for Cardiff. Toshack has scored 74.

Bunch of bastards.

Neither hated us like this fellas family and most likely he did before seeing a well paid managerial job come up.

Childish or not, the Cardiff supporter thing doesn’t sit well with me at all, but now he’s here we have got to get behind him and pray he works wonders with what he will be given.
Cooper on 19:22 - Jun 14 with 2047 viewsPozuelosSideys

14 months on, and big chunks of our fanbase still stink of PL entitlement.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Cooper on 19:43 - Jun 14 with 1998 viewsjacktar_

Cooper on 18:26 - Jun 14 by sainthelens

His old man is a cvnt.

You have serious issues. Our new managers father is a c@nt because he's a Cardiff fan that once, gave something back to the North Bank. Honestly, take a look in the mirror, look at your family, then ask yourself, am I really this person.
Cooper on 19:44 - Jun 14 with 1990 viewsjacktar_

Cooper on 18:34 - Jun 14 by pencoedjack

This^

Same as any other scummer

See the reply I made to the other idiot.
Cooper on 19:52 - Jun 14 with 1964 viewssainthelens

Cooper on 19:43 - Jun 14 by jacktar_

You have serious issues. Our new managers father is a c@nt because he's a Cardiff fan that once, gave something back to the North Bank. Honestly, take a look in the mirror, look at your family, then ask yourself, am I really this person.

Have you ever kissed a girl ?
Cooper on 00:26 - Jun 15 with 1801 viewsTNT

Cooper on 19:04 - Jun 14 by 34dfgdf54

Neither hated us like this fellas family and most likely he did before seeing a well paid managerial job come up.

Childish or not, the Cardiff supporter thing doesn’t sit well with me at all, but now he’s here we have got to get behind him and pray he works wonders with what he will be given.

This

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Cooper on 11:06 - Jun 15 with 1702 viewsBlue_Blood

How hasn't there been a press conference. No interview or nothing!
Cooper on 11:08 - Jun 15 with 1697 viewsHeadmaster

Cooper on 11:06 - Jun 15 by Blue_Blood

How hasn't there been a press conference. No interview or nothing!

Early next week I read somewhere, either on WalesOnline or the club website.
Cooper on 11:21 - Jun 15 with 1672 viewsSwansea93

LEON BRITTON BELIEVES NEW HEAD COACH STEVE COOPER IS THE PERFECT FIT FOR SWANSEA CITY.
England Under-17s' World Cup winning coach Cooper has signed a three-year contract at the Liberty Stadium, bringing in Mike Marsh as his assistant first-team coach.

The 39-year-old - who was born in Pontypridd - was chosen as the new Swans boss following an exhaustive search, with chairman Trevor Birch, Britton and honorary club president Alan Curtis working to make sure of appointing the right candidate.

Birch had made clear the club were looking for "a hungry, ambitious coach, who had a clear track record of playing our style of football, plus a pedigree to work with and develop young, talented players".

And Britton has no doubt Cooper will prove to be a success in SA1 after his appointment was announced on Thursday, revealing the clarity with which the new Swans boss mapped out his vision for the future.

"We are delighted to get Steve in," said the former Swans midfielder, who was appointed as football advisor to the club board in May.

"I was involved in the process from the start, and it was a thorough process. We spoke to a lot of people, and cut it down from there.

"But once we spoke to Steve it became clear he was the stand-out candidate to take the club forward, and that was clear in my mind, Trevor's mind and Curt's mind too.

"The way he wants to play was key. A lot of people can talk about the way they want to play, but with Steve there was that clarity in how he would go about it.

"It's easy to say you want to play attractive, passing football, but Steve knew and understood the process by which he could get a team to play that way.

"He spoke about how he would structure the sessions, and we are talking about a coach of an excellent calibre and reputation following his excellent work with Liverpool and England.

"He was the perfect fit."

Britton feels Cooper's excellent work with the Wrexham and Liverpool academies, plus his successes at the Football Association, marks him out as someone with the right skills to lead a youthful Swansea squad.

"Steve's background in working with young players is a big positive," added Britton.

"You look at our squad, and it is a young squad. I think we were in the top three or four in the entire EFL last season for minutes played by players aged 23 and under.

"He has a history of dealing and developing talented young players, and that's a major plus for us."

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Cooper on 12:05 - Jun 15 with 1570 viewsswancity

Cooper on 11:21 - Jun 15 by Swansea93

LEON BRITTON BELIEVES NEW HEAD COACH STEVE COOPER IS THE PERFECT FIT FOR SWANSEA CITY.
England Under-17s' World Cup winning coach Cooper has signed a three-year contract at the Liberty Stadium, bringing in Mike Marsh as his assistant first-team coach.

The 39-year-old - who was born in Pontypridd - was chosen as the new Swans boss following an exhaustive search, with chairman Trevor Birch, Britton and honorary club president Alan Curtis working to make sure of appointing the right candidate.

Birch had made clear the club were looking for "a hungry, ambitious coach, who had a clear track record of playing our style of football, plus a pedigree to work with and develop young, talented players".

And Britton has no doubt Cooper will prove to be a success in SA1 after his appointment was announced on Thursday, revealing the clarity with which the new Swans boss mapped out his vision for the future.

"We are delighted to get Steve in," said the former Swans midfielder, who was appointed as football advisor to the club board in May.

"I was involved in the process from the start, and it was a thorough process. We spoke to a lot of people, and cut it down from there.

"But once we spoke to Steve it became clear he was the stand-out candidate to take the club forward, and that was clear in my mind, Trevor's mind and Curt's mind too.

"The way he wants to play was key. A lot of people can talk about the way they want to play, but with Steve there was that clarity in how he would go about it.

"It's easy to say you want to play attractive, passing football, but Steve knew and understood the process by which he could get a team to play that way.

"He spoke about how he would structure the sessions, and we are talking about a coach of an excellent calibre and reputation following his excellent work with Liverpool and England.

Britton feels Cooper's excellent work with the Wrexham and Liverpool academies, plus his successes at the Football Association, marks him out as someone with the right skills to lead a youthful Swansea squad.

"Steve's background in working with young players is a big positive," added Britton.

"You look at our squad, and it is a young squad. I think we were in the top three or four in the entire EFL last season for minutes played by players aged 23 and under.

"He has a history of dealing and developing talented young players, and that's a major plus for us."

“ He was the perfect fit “

Cheap. Inexperienced. Unknown. Never worked with senior professional
Clubs. Sounds the perfect fit.

NOT GOING TO WORK.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Cooper on 12:28 - Jun 15 with 1506 viewsdobjack2

Cooper on 12:05 - Jun 15 by swancity

NOT GOING TO WORK.

Give him a chance ffs.
Cooper on 12:39 - Jun 15 with 1482 viewsraynor94

NOT GOING TO WORK.

Bookmarked

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Cooper on 12:47 - Jun 15 with 1464 viewsswancity

Cooper on 12:28 - Jun 15 by dobjack2

Give him a chance ffs.

They have. I hope it works. But it’s an almighty gamble at a time when consolidation is needed.

It shows how quickly and how far the Club has fallen. Christ he wouldn’t have got a job as Youth team manager two years ago.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Cooper on 12:47 - Jun 15 with 1464 viewsgrabsplatter

Cooper on 16:14 - Jun 14 by jasper_T

Who at the club has been keeping tabs on anyone "for some time"? The kitman?

First scouting team left last summer, chairman left after January, new scouting team left in May. Even the club secretary has gone, and she'd at least know where the files are kept.

Macaulay would have identified targets so the club has all that information, assuming a similar playing style they'd still be relevant.
Whether they're the right targets remains to be seen though given the likes of McKay were signed last summer 🤔
Cooper on 12:48 - Jun 15 with 1463 viewsSwanseaman

Cooper on 11:21 - Jun 15 by Swansea93

Good article, strong statement saying he: 'has no doubt Cooper will prove to be a success'

I'd have some doubts whoever it was myself.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Cooper on 12:51 - Jun 15 with 1452 viewsSwanseaman

NOT GOING TO WORK.

an article where you get a mention: 'Whether you’re one of the positive ones, enthused by this appointment, or one of the doubters dreading the worst, the least any fan can do is view Cooper with an open mind and get behind him from the beginning.'

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/even-swansea-city-sta

Cooper on 13:04 - Jun 15 with 1406 viewspencoedjack

NOT GOING TO WORK.

Glass half empty?

Very positive from a club legend
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024