Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. 09:59 - Jun 14 with 2169 viewsSwans9

The owners seems to be the biggest topic on planet Swans. Fans on here will never agree with a spilt for and against the board. It would be great for both viewpoints not to have to click onto a thread and listen to the other viewpoint it gets boring.
Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 10:23 - Jun 14 with 1631 viewsDarran

Who’s pro the board on here then? 🤷🏼‍♂️

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 10:34 - Jun 14 with 1617 viewsNotLoyal

Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 10:23 - Jun 14 by Darran

Ever since they were involved in the deception to buy their shares ( they are not owners ) we have been on a downward spiral. Why would anyone support them at all, it's been a complete fücking disaster. This will completely explode if it goes wrong in the coming months.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 10:40 - Jun 14 with 1598 viewsDevz00

Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 10:23 - Jun 14 by Darran

My thoughts exactly.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 10:55 - Jun 14 with 1574 viewsblackswan

Billy no mates
Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 11:02 - Jun 14 with 1555 viewsjasper_T

Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 10:34 - Jun 14 by NotLoyal

Ever since they were involved in the deception to buy their shares ( they are not owners ) we have been on a downward spiral. Why would anyone support them at all, it's been a complete fücking disaster. This will completely explode if it goes wrong in the coming months.

We'd been on a downward spiral since the old owners got spooked and started looking to sell.
Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 11:03 - Jun 14 with 1554 viewsdobjack2

There are differences between those that think they are taking money out of the club and those that think they are not, but pro the board?

Our owners don’t give a flying one. They got sold a whole warehouse full of magic beans, are looking to stabilise the financial position through Birch and undoubtedly have an exit strategy to sell to feck knows who.

What is there to be pro about with them?
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 12:24]
Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 11:05 - Jun 14 with 1547 viewsjasper_T

Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 11:03 - Jun 14 by dobjack2

There are differences between those that think they are taking money out of the club and those that think they are not, but pro the board?

Our owners don’t give a flying one. They got sold a whole warehouse full of magic beans, are looking to stabilise the financial position through Birch and undoubtedly have an exit strategy to sell to feck knows who.

What is there to be pro about with them?
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 12:24]

People get labelled as "pro" the owners when they say things like "actually they're probably not stealing millions to pay Wayne Rooney's wages" and "we're skint there's no money there to embezzle".
Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 13:26 - Jun 14 with 1426 viewsjack247

Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 11:05 - Jun 14 by jasper_T

People get labelled as "pro" the owners when they say things like "actually they're probably not stealing millions to pay Wayne Rooney's wages" and "we're skint there's no money there to embezzle".

They don’t really though. I don’t think they are embezzling money or paying Rooneys wages from SCFC turnover. I’m certainly not pro Yank and no one has ever accused me of being so.

People get labelled pro Yank when they try to absolve Levein and Kaplan of any blame for the the financial state the club is in and the season before last. Badlands even reimagined the Bob Bradley appointment as nothing to do with them the other day.

Credit when they do something right - Potter, maintaining category one, hopefully Birch and Cooper. Criticism when it’s merited.

They’ve certainly got some fanboy apologists on here.
Login to get fewer ads

Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 13:30 - Jun 14 with 1419 viewsjasper_T

Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 13:26 - Jun 14 by jack247

They don’t really though. I don’t think they are embezzling money or paying Rooneys wages from SCFC turnover. I’m certainly not pro Yank and no one has ever accused me of being so.

People get labelled pro Yank when they try to absolve Levein and Kaplan of any blame for the the financial state the club is in and the season before last. Badlands even reimagined the Bob Bradley appointment as nothing to do with them the other day.

Credit when they do something right - Potter, maintaining category one, hopefully Birch and Cooper. Criticism when it’s merited.

They’ve certainly got some fanboy apologists on here.

I've been accused of all sorts and I've certainly never excused our transfer dealings in the last PL season.
Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 14:22 - Jun 14 with 1358 viewsjack247

Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 13:30 - Jun 14 by jasper_T

I've been accused of all sorts and I've certainly never excused our transfer dealings in the last PL season.

As far as I’m concerned, the awful transfer dealings that season and the disregard shown towards the financial state the club would be in if relegated, are their two biggest failings. Bigger than Bradley. That was naivety not neglect.
Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 14:44 - Jun 14 with 1338 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Exactly they must be nuts!
Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 15:51 - Jun 14 with 1262 viewsCooperman

Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 11:05 - Jun 14 by jasper_T

I don’t believe I have never been labelled ‘pro owners’ although I have stated many times that I believe they are working very hard to steady a situation that has been out of control. Correction of this situation, sometimes via cuts in budgets and staff, is a completely different chapter to the behaviour that got us here in the first place and they are very much culpable for this element of history.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 16:09 - Jun 14 with 1253 viewsjack247

Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 15:51 - Jun 14 by Cooperman

I don’t believe I have never been labelled ‘pro owners’ although I have stated many times that I believe they are working very hard to steady a situation that has been out of control. Correction of this situation, sometimes via cuts in budgets and staff, is a completely different chapter to the behaviour that got us here in the first place and they are very much culpable for this element of history.

Nice balanced post.
Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 16:12 - Jun 14 with 1245 viewsBadlands

No idea

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 16:54 - Jun 14 with 1213 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 15:51 - Jun 14 by Cooperman

Or don't want to waste any of their own money, want a profit and not here to bust a gut for promotion or taking any risks with their own money, some will some won't they don't!
Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 16:58 - Jun 14 with 1204 viewsCooperman

Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 16:54 - Jun 14 by AlfieMooresSon

Or don't want to waste any of their own money, want a profit and not here to bust a gut for promotion or taking any risks with their own money, some will some won't they don't!

How do you think they can turn a profit after buying a Premier League club that subsequently became a Championship club?

Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 20:16 - Jun 14 with 1144 viewsdobjack2

Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 16:58 - Jun 14 by Cooperman

How do you think they can turn a profit after buying a Premier League club that subsequently became a Championship club?

Magic beans!
Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 20:43 - Jun 14 with 1119 viewsDr_Winston

Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 16:58 - Jun 14 by Cooperman

By trying to return that club to the Premier League and keeping it there using the methods that were working just fine until Huw Jenkins decided that he was the ideal person to be both chairman and director of football?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 20:48 - Jun 14 with 1108 viewsSgorioFruit

Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 20:43 - Jun 14 by Dr_Winston

By trying to return that club to the Premier League and keeping it there using the methods that were working just fine until Huw Jenkins decided that he was the ideal person to be both chairman and director of football?

Feck them all

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 20:51 - Jun 14 with 1095 viewsCooperman

Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 20:43 - Jun 14 by Dr_Winston

Can't argue with that.

Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 21:00 - Jun 14 with 1087 viewsDr_Winston

Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 20:51 - Jun 14 by Cooperman

Can't argue with that.

I've been accused of being "pro board" a number of times. It's a bit weird.

What I am is anti-nonsense. If people think that millions are being asset stripped from the club, convince me of it. Provide evidence. Numbers. Examples of monies going outwards. Something other than just accusations.

Until then I'm going to keep on thinking that the club has just been desperately poorly managed in recent years (for which the owners hold a big chunk of responsibility) and the steps being taken now are the only sensible ones to take if we still want a club to support in ten years time.

For what it's worth I'd prefer us to go down the route we are even if we weren't skint. I want the club to be run on a sustainable basis. I want the club to develop its own talented players. I want us to be able to find bargains elsewhere, develop them and progress as a result.

If people want to be whores dependent upon the whims of a rich man for their future well being they might as well support Cardiff.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 21:27 - Jun 14 with 1060 viewsjack247

Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 21:00 - Jun 14 by Dr_Winston

I've been accused of being "pro board" a number of times. It's a bit weird.

What I am is anti-nonsense. If people think that millions are being asset stripped from the club, convince me of it. Provide evidence. Numbers. Examples of monies going outwards. Something other than just accusations.

Until then I'm going to keep on thinking that the club has just been desperately poorly managed in recent years (for which the owners hold a big chunk of responsibility) and the steps being taken now are the only sensible ones to take if we still want a club to support in ten years time.

For what it's worth I'd prefer us to go down the route we are even if we weren't skint. I want the club to be run on a sustainable basis. I want the club to develop its own talented players. I want us to be able to find bargains elsewhere, develop them and progress as a result.

If people want to be whores dependent upon the whims of a rich man for their future well being they might as well support Cardiff.

Great post.

If not buying into this ‘asset stripping, backhanders and funding DC United’ stuff is pro board, then I guess I’m seen as pro board by some.

In reality, I think they’ve done far more harm than good over the last couple of years (though they have made some good decisions) and am not about to give them much credit for running us the only way they feasibly could as a result of their prior incompetence. It’s pretty much managed decline at the moment anyway. If and when it bottoms out, they manage to get us back up within our own means, I’ll happily revise my opinion.
Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 21:33 - Jun 14 with 1051 viewsDr_Winston

Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 21:27 - Jun 14 by jack247

Great post.

If not buying into this ‘asset stripping, backhanders and funding DC United’ stuff is pro board, then I guess I’m seen as pro board by some.

In reality, I think they’ve done far more harm than good over the last couple of years (though they have made some good decisions) and am not about to give them much credit for running us the only way they feasibly could as a result of their prior incompetence. It’s pretty much managed decline at the moment anyway. If and when it bottoms out, they manage to get us back up within our own means, I’ll happily revise my opinion.

They've made two massive mistakes.

1. Delegating the running of the club to Jenkins with minimal supervision.

2. Bobbley.

We're chasing our tails at the moment mostly because of the first one.

Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 21:50 - Jun 14 with 1037 viewsjack247

Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 21:33 - Jun 14 by Dr_Winston

They've made two massive mistakes.

1. Delegating the running of the club to Jenkins with minimal supervision.

2. Bobbley.

We're chasing our tails at the moment mostly because of the first one.

I can’t really blame them for Bony, Clucas, Mesa etc. They were entitled to expect Jenkins to recruit at least adequately with whatever budget they sanctioned.

The Andre Ayew one was unforgivable. Had they been responsible owners, they’d have vetoed it, knowing how much shit we’d already be in if relegated and how much deeper a £20m signing on a massive long term contract would put us.

Staying up would have kept their investment on track. They were happy to gamble the clubs future on that. I don’t buy into the responsible owners rhetoric.
Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 21:56 - Jun 14 with 1024 viewsDr_Winston

Wish the forum had a only pro the owners and against the owners section. on 21:50 - Jun 14 by jack247

I can’t really blame them for Bony, Clucas, Mesa etc. They were entitled to expect Jenkins to recruit at least adequately with whatever budget they sanctioned.

The Andre Ayew one was unforgivable. Had they been responsible owners, they’d have vetoed it, knowing how much shit we’d already be in if relegated and how much deeper a £20m signing on a massive long term contract would put us.

Staying up would have kept their investment on track. They were happy to gamble the clubs future on that. I don’t buy into the responsible owners rhetoric.

They trusted Jenkins. They weren't the first or only ones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024