Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Checkatrade for the u21s 13:54 - Jun 14 with 6059 viewsjasper_T

We've not been invited. Shame, has been a great experience for the development lads, and we've done better than many academy sides getting past the group stages each year iirc.

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/june/liverpool-and-manchester-united-u21s-confirme
No Checkatrade for the u21s on 18:37 - Jun 15 with 1362 viewsSwanseaman

No Checkatrade for the u21s on 18:31 - Jun 15 by bluey_the_blue

Why would you be invited? Your u23 side is your first team squad isn't it?

good point, best not to overstretch them

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

No Checkatrade for the u21s on 19:42 - Jun 15 with 1314 viewsPhil_S

No Checkatrade for the u21s on 17:50 - Jun 15 by jasper_T

"based on the merit of the sides that actually compete in it (not the first team) we deserve to be there more than many."

"No we don't"

?

So basically you want the football league to change the requirements and rules to qualify for invite just to make it so we go in

It was clear to everyone what those qualification criteria were and that is the point being made

Let's stick with my idea on distance from Dublin that should secure us for many years to come

This post has been edited by an administrator
No Checkatrade for the u21s on 19:42 - Jun 15 with 1314 viewsPhil_S

No Checkatrade for the u21s on 18:23 - Jun 15 by BillyChong

No U23 sides should be invited to join the competition. We had a couple of nice days out in this competition, leave the lower clubs have their chance. A much better idea would be to invite some
Conference clubs again like they did some years back.

Agree
No Checkatrade for the u21s on 01:16 - Jun 16 with 1229 viewsNotLoyal

No Checkatrade for the u21s on 18:31 - Jun 15 by bluey_the_blue

Why would you be invited? Your u23 side is your first team squad isn't it?

Thank you for validating our very successful academy system.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

No Checkatrade for the u21s on 15:33 - Jun 16 with 1155 viewslondonlisa2001

No Checkatrade for the u21s on 17:53 - Jun 15 by jasper_T

It's no longer their prerogative to be able to play weakened teams and expect to progress. Poor dabs.

The competition is better for academy involvement. The standard is higher and it aids player development.

Have you only supported us since we’ve been a higher league team?

Because I can’t believe that anyone who’s been a supporter for many years would regard the competition as being ‘better for academy involvement’.

The competition isn’t there to aid player development. It used to be a great competition for lower league teams. Two of the best occasions I’ve ever had as a supporter have been as a result of this competition.

It’s farcical that academies are allowed to enter. I said so when it was first changed to allow it and nothing I’ve seen since has changed my mind. Not everything in football should be about the premier league.
No Checkatrade for the u21s on 15:54 - Jun 16 with 1147 viewsjasper_T

No Checkatrade for the u21s on 18:12 - Jun 15 by Swanjaxs

Downarrow all you want old man, just think it's a bit creepy/sly to vote with your little pinky without coming back with a reply... by the way did you use to post on scfc2 by any chance? Your posting style reminds me of a bit of a plank on there who's username escapes me

My name on there is the same as on here. I drop in from time to time but it's not especially active.
No Checkatrade for the u21s on 15:59 - Jun 16 with 1136 viewsNeath_Jack

No Checkatrade for the u21s on 15:54 - Jun 16 by jasper_T

My name on there is the same as on here. I drop in from time to time but it's not especially active.

Honest answer now Jasp, but have you got contacts within the club, possibly the old owners?

Reason i ask is that I find your football posts good to read (especially the u23 stuff), even though we've disagreed many times over them. I've never seen you be abusive to other posters on here. Yet the trust bods on here always make a beeline for you, to rubbish what you say mostly.

I find that very odd. Hopefully you don't get driven off here like a couple of other good football posters. PM if you wish.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

No Checkatrade for the u21s on 16:07 - Jun 16 with 1124 viewsSwanjaxs

No Checkatrade for the u21s on 15:54 - Jun 16 by jasper_T

Fair enough

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Login to get fewer ads

No Checkatrade for the u21s on 16:09 - Jun 16 with 1124 viewsjasper_T

No Checkatrade for the u21s on 19:42 - Jun 15 by Phil_S

So basically you want the football league to change the requirements and rules to qualify for invite just to make it so we go in

It was clear to everyone what those qualification criteria were and that is the point being made

Let's stick with my idea on distance from Dublin that should secure us for many years to come

This post has been edited by an administrator

As I said in the op it's a shame our lads don't get to compete again next season as they've done well each year they've been involved.

It would be better if the 16 strongest cat one development sides were involved, rather than 16 cat one development sides belonging to the most successful senior teams. That would certainly be the fairer way to do it for players potentially involved, and be more in line with the stated intention of the invitations and the EPPP in general.

As it stands it's simply another advantage for the big clubs, and one less reason to continue to invest in cat one status for the smaller ones.
No Checkatrade for the u21s on 16:14 - Jun 16 with 1116 viewsjasper_T

No Checkatrade for the u21s on 15:59 - Jun 16 by Neath_Jack

Honest answer now Jasp, but have you got contacts within the club, possibly the old owners?

Reason i ask is that I find your football posts good to read (especially the u23 stuff), even though we've disagreed many times over them. I've never seen you be abusive to other posters on here. Yet the trust bods on here always make a beeline for you, to rubbish what you say mostly.

I find that very odd. Hopefully you don't get driven off here like a couple of other good football posters. PM if you wish.

No contacts within the club, past or present, unless you count the Ospreys.

Did swipe right on a girl on Tinder who worked at the stadium a few years ago but no match.
No Checkatrade for the u21s on 16:15 - Jun 16 with 1115 viewsSwanjaxs

No Checkatrade for the u21s on 16:09 - Jun 16 by jasper_T

As I said in the op it's a shame our lads don't get to compete again next season as they've done well each year they've been involved.

It would be better if the 16 strongest cat one development sides were involved, rather than 16 cat one development sides belonging to the most successful senior teams. That would certainly be the fairer way to do it for players potentially involved, and be more in line with the stated intention of the invitations and the EPPP in general.

As it stands it's simply another advantage for the big clubs, and one less reason to continue to invest in cat one status for the smaller ones.

Leave the competition to the league 1&2 sides (and perhaps the top 6 of the conference) is the correct answer mate 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

No Checkatrade for the u21s on 16:16 - Jun 16 with 1112 viewsSwanjaxs

No Checkatrade for the u21s on 15:33 - Jun 16 by londonlisa2001

Have you only supported us since we’ve been a higher league team?

Because I can’t believe that anyone who’s been a supporter for many years would regard the competition as being ‘better for academy involvement’.

The competition isn’t there to aid player development. It used to be a great competition for lower league teams. Two of the best occasions I’ve ever had as a supporter have been as a result of this competition.

It’s farcical that academies are allowed to enter. I said so when it was first changed to allow it and nothing I’ve seen since has changed my mind. Not everything in football should be about the premier league.

Absolutely nailed it! 👐

No Checkatrade for the u21s on 23:15 - Jun 16 with 1041 viewsjackrmee

No Checkatrade for the u21s on 16:09 - Jun 16 by jasper_T

I am not condoning the entry of u23 teams into this cup and haven't really got a strong opinion as I can see points of both sides.

But while 16 u23 teams are invited to enter, I do agree totally with Jasper (for once haha) that they should be chosen by the strength of the actual u23 teams, not how the club's first team is doing. That doesn't make any sense at all.

It is a real shame our boys don't get chance to compete again, as (fair or not to the lower league teams) it is of massive benefit to our u23s to have the chance to step it up a few levels.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024