Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? 21:13 - Jun 15 with 4281 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 13:58 - Jun 16 with 853 viewsexiledclaseboy

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 13:55 - Jun 16 by Nookiejack

Labour were in power for 11 years before the crash.

Surely they had enough time to change things?

Yes I’m not disagreeing or absolving Labour of responsibility. I’m just trying to point out that no one was calling for stronger regulation of the banks at that time. Least of all you I suspect.

Poll: Tory leader

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 14:48 - Jun 16 with 821 viewscontroversial_jack

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 11:34 - Jun 16 by Nookiejack

Labour were in charge since 1997 11 years before 2008.

They had the power and time to rein things in.

It was a worldwide crash, not a Uk one
Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 15:00 - Jun 16 with 809 viewsHighjack

Can’t we just all agree that Blair, Corbyn and the Tories are duplicitous conniving power hungry scumbags?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 15:01 - Jun 16 with 806 viewsexiledclaseboy

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 15:00 - Jun 16 by Highjack

Can’t we just all agree that Blair, Corbyn and the Tories are duplicitous conniving power hungry scumbags?

I’m happy to agree that.

Poll: Tory leader

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 15:06 - Jun 16 with 794 viewscontroversial_jack

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 15:00 - Jun 16 by Highjack

I can't see that about Corbyn, what has he ever lied about?
Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 15:09 - Jun 16 with 790 viewsHighjack

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 15:06 - Jun 16 by controversial_jack

Being seven out of ten in favour of remain?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 15:10 - Jun 16 with 789 viewsVetchfielder

Being the so-called Leader of the so-called Opposition

Proud to have been one of the 231

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 15:12 - Jun 16 with 781 viewsHighjack

No seats on train?

Login to get fewer ads

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 15:21 - Jun 16 with 759 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I think I was there but I don't think I took part.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 15:35 - Jun 16 with 746 viewscontroversial_jack

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 15:12 - Jun 16 by Highjack

No seats on train?

He was right, there wasn't, only in the dining carriage
Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 16:00 - Jun 16 with 731 viewsHighjack

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 15:35 - Jun 16 by controversial_jack

He was right, there wasn't, only in the dining carriage

So there were seats?

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 17:22 - Jun 16 with 693 viewsFlashberryjack

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 13:05 - Jun 16 by waynekerr55

Because he's an incompetent and thick Champagne Marxist who should fúck off somewhere to show solidarity.

The useless cúnt
[Post edited 16 Jun 2019 13:05]

You are so right.....Boris or orbyn, kin hell.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 17:48 - Jun 16 with 686 viewsWingstandwood

*Don't shoot the messenger*

I apologise for mentioning reports in today's 'right-wing-press' but there is rather a lot of interesting speculation/reporting going about.

I appreciate it may possibly be 'scare story' stuff but the reports are saying a Corbyn government would lower inheritance tax to £125,000. Basically there would be no point whatsoever in buying a more expensive property or saving for a rainy day.

What would be the point of struggling to scrimp and save only to have a large percentage taken away? If this did happen it would be a green light to live for today and not tomorrow, might as well blow the lot on non essential luxurious extravagance. The irony is? The people with savings have to pay for their own care in old age anyhow.

Also the average U.K house price is £226,798 so (not so much SW Wales) in certain regions owning a property is going to become a major tax downside. People living in places like London would be worried with a Corbyn government?

Argus!

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 18:08 - Jun 16 with 667 viewssherpajacob

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 23:28 - Jun 15 by Nookiejack

The Balance Sheets of the UK High Street banks grew to such an extent that their liabilities were each more than the GDP of the U.K.

Brown was happy to let this happen as received massive tax receipts from the City..

Do you understand why a balance sheet is so called?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 18:10 - Jun 16 with 666 viewsNookiejack

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 17:48 - Jun 16 by Wingstandwood

*Don't shoot the messenger*

I apologise for mentioning reports in today's 'right-wing-press' but there is rather a lot of interesting speculation/reporting going about.

I appreciate it may possibly be 'scare story' stuff but the reports are saying a Corbyn government would lower inheritance tax to £125,000. Basically there would be no point whatsoever in buying a more expensive property or saving for a rainy day.

What would be the point of struggling to scrimp and save only to have a large percentage taken away? If this did happen it would be a green light to live for today and not tomorrow, might as well blow the lot on non essential luxurious extravagance. The irony is? The people with savings have to pay for their own care in old age anyhow.

Also the average U.K house price is £226,798 so (not so much SW Wales) in certain regions owning a property is going to become a major tax downside. People living in places like London would be worried with a Corbyn government?

The previous scare stories seem to be on the introduction of a new 1% property tax.

If this is true it is indicative that Corbyn and McDonnell do not believe in anyone holding savings and capital in respect of their own home. The state will control everything.

They keep thinking that people in London and the South East have done excessively well because property prices have risen so much - but fail to understand that this has been due to the introduction of QE by Alistair Darling and ultra low interest rates for far too long. House prices also being relative in that your property might have gone up in value but you can’t move because next best property on the ladder is unaffordable. It only is a benefit if you decide to downsize.

As soon as they introduce these measures property market is going to collapse and you would expect lead to next financial crisis - given current size of mortgage books of the UK Banks.
Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 18:15 - Jun 16 with 660 viewslondonlisa2001

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 18:10 - Jun 16 by Nookiejack

The previous scare stories seem to be on the introduction of a new 1% property tax.

If this is true it is indicative that Corbyn and McDonnell do not believe in anyone holding savings and capital in respect of their own home. The state will control everything.

They keep thinking that people in London and the South East have done excessively well because property prices have risen so much - but fail to understand that this has been due to the introduction of QE by Alistair Darling and ultra low interest rates for far too long. House prices also being relative in that your property might have gone up in value but you can’t move because next best property on the ladder is unaffordable. It only is a benefit if you decide to downsize.

As soon as they introduce these measures property market is going to collapse and you would expect lead to next financial crisis - given current size of mortgage books of the UK Banks.

The property market in London has already collapsed to a great extent. Following the brexit vote.

Tell me - what do you think will happen to the property market, and indeed, all UK economic indicators including growth, exchange rates, stock market if we revoke?

Why do you think that is?
Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 18:19 - Jun 16 with 653 viewsNookiejack

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 18:15 - Jun 16 by londonlisa2001

The property market in London has already collapsed to a great extent. Following the brexit vote.

Tell me - what do you think will happen to the property market, and indeed, all UK economic indicators including growth, exchange rates, stock market if we revoke?

Why do you think that is?

So the increase in stamp duty has nothing to do with the fall in property prices in London and the South East? It is all to do with Brexit?

Come on
Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 18:23 - Jun 16 with 649 viewsNookiejack

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 18:19 - Jun 16 by Nookiejack

So the increase in stamp duty has nothing to do with the fall in property prices in London and the South East? It is all to do with Brexit?

Come on

Also add the tax reforms to the iBuy to Let market.

No it is all to do with Brexit
Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 18:26 - Jun 16 with 644 viewsWingstandwood

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 18:10 - Jun 16 by Nookiejack

Indeed, IMO a property price crash and crisis is likely if Corbyn and Co introduces those measures. And I guess that despite seeing property value increase there are many out there who are property rich but financially poor.

It seems Kamikaze policy also because millions will simply stop saving for their old age and say "why bother, the state will have to pay" thus increasing an even greater burden on future finances that pays for care/social services provision.

Surely the likes of Corbyn, McDonnell, Abbott and Co aren't going to be that stupid?

Argus!

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 18:29 - Jun 16 with 638 viewssherpajacob

David Cameron's view on Labour's regulation of financial services in 2006.

https://conservative-speeches.sayit.mysociety.org/speech/600032

"In recent years we have seen more regulation and higher tax."

So Cameron freely admitted the Blair government increased regulation

His response;

"The lessons from the City are clear. Low tax. Low regulation......... These are the keys to success."
[Post edited 16 Jun 2019 18:34]

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 18:31 - Jun 16 with 633 viewslondonlisa2001

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 18:19 - Jun 16 by Nookiejack

Come on

Stamp Duty hasn’t been increased.

In the 2014 budget (the most recent change), Osborne removed the slab effect and replaced it with a sliding scale, which reduced the amount payable as it became a progressive tax for the first time.

Are you just making things up as you go along?
Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 18:39 - Jun 16 with 614 viewslondonlisa2001

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 18:23 - Jun 16 by Nookiejack

Also add the tax reforms to the iBuy to Let market.

No it is all to do with Brexit

Yep, it is.

The 3% levy for buy to let and second homes has some effect on the market lower down and some impact on foreign investors, but the decrease has been largely caused by Brexit. The removal of the slab at the same time, balanced a chunk of the increase out for those buyers, while reducing the impact for the vast majority.

As I asked before, and you’ve avoided answering, tell me what will happen to all economic indicators and the property market if we revoke.

Edited to add:

This report sums it up-

https://www.ft.com/content/87b1f284-1452-11e7-80f4-13e067d5072c

And this one:

https://www.homesandproperty.co.uk/property-news/brexit-uncertainty-continues-to

And about a thousand more.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2019 18:48]
Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 18:52 - Jun 16 with 601 viewsNookiejack

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 18:31 - Jun 16 by londonlisa2001

Stamp Duty hasn’t been increased.

In the 2014 budget (the most recent change), Osborne removed the slab effect and replaced it with a sliding scale, which reduced the amount payable as it became a progressive tax for the first time.

Are you just making things up as you go along?

Where does the progressive element hit?

London and the South East

The 2014 changes had a lagged effect as property prices started falling in London in 2018,

Add then the additional 3% stamp duty on buy to let properties and second homes in 2016.

Stamp duty calculator for you.

Based on average London property price of £474k - the stamp duty is £13,700 (non first time buyer)and for a buy to let investor £27,900.

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/tools/house-buying/stamp-duty-calculato

For 2 bedroom flats in Canary Wharf which were selling for circa £800k the stamp duty was £30k and for buy to let investors £54k.

You really are blinkered about Brexit if you think stamp duty changes have had no impact on the London property market.
Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 18:58 - Jun 16 with 595 viewslondonlisa2001

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 18:52 - Jun 16 by Nookiejack

Where does the progressive element hit?

London and the South East

The 2014 changes had a lagged effect as property prices started falling in London in 2018,

Add then the additional 3% stamp duty on buy to let properties and second homes in 2016.

Stamp duty calculator for you.

Based on average London property price of £474k - the stamp duty is £13,700 (non first time buyer)and for a buy to let investor £27,900.

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/tools/house-buying/stamp-duty-calculato

For 2 bedroom flats in Canary Wharf which were selling for circa £800k the stamp duty was £30k and for buy to let investors £54k.

You really are blinkered about Brexit if you think stamp duty changes have had no impact on the London property market.

I didn’t say they had no impact (when they were introduced). I said that there hadn’t been a change in the past 12-15 months which is when the property market has started to fall. Every single analysis has shown it’s Brexit uncertainty.

What do you mean where does the progressive element hit?

Do you understand what the removal of the slab means?

And you still are avoiding the question.
Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 19:38 - Jun 16 with 568 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Which ones lying? Blair or Corbyn? on 13:05 - Jun 16 by waynekerr55

Because he's an incompetent and thick Champagne Marxist who should fúck off somewhere to show solidarity.

The useless cúnt
[Post edited 16 Jun 2019 13:05]

Far more an IPA man to be honest. You really hate him (proper venom coming out there). Why? In the 80-200 k p/a bracket?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024