Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Funny things you've seen in pubs 13:21 - Jun 16 with 1423 viewsdickythorpe

Went to Nolton Haven yesterday in Pembs. The local Mariners Inn had a stuffed Albatross encased in a wall, and 2 covered up pool tables plus an organ and church bench.
You had to waljk up a few flights of stairs to the bar.
Went out the back way to a seaside terrace that was very pleasant. Landlord locked the door behind us

The landlord by all accounts is a friend of Elton John, he looks like an extra for the Stranglers.
There were steps down so we escaped after finishing our drinks.
TripAdvisor reviews are mixed!

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g552047-d674866-Reviews-Mariners_Inn-
[Post edited 16 Jun 2019 13:22]
Funny things you've seen in pubs on 13:47 - Jun 16 with 1369 viewsThrasher6

The reviews made me snigger....seems he can't give a flying f@ck...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Funny things you've seen in pubs on 15:43 - Jun 16 with 1239 viewsJohnw102

Live not far away call in now and again and have to say he keeps the beer really well, he is a character, but very little malice, visitor one evening said the beer was cloudy, comment was for £4.50 what do you want thunder and Lightening? Also you only have a pint I have a cellar full of it!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Funny things you've seen in pubs on 17:45 - Jun 16 with 1121 viewsNotLoyal

I rarely go back down that way these days and I'm not in any way attempting to out do the OP. But the pub name reminded me of a bizarre moment down that way. There is a condom machine in the Mariners in Haverfordwest, well, there used to be anyway.

Best and most funniest moment for me was changing five ten pence pieces for a 50p in the hotel toilets with Diddy David Hamilton so he could get a pack of three and take some youngster up to his room. He whistled the tune lieutenant pidgeon very tunefully as he left the toilets.

Quite a while ago, not sure if he is even alive.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2019 17:46]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Funny things you've seen in pubs on 18:42 - Jun 16 with 1054 viewsGaryjack

Funny things you've seen in pubs on 17:45 - Jun 16 by NotLoyal

I rarely go back down that way these days and I'm not in any way attempting to out do the OP. But the pub name reminded me of a bizarre moment down that way. There is a condom machine in the Mariners in Haverfordwest, well, there used to be anyway.

Best and most funniest moment for me was changing five ten pence pieces for a 50p in the hotel toilets with Diddy David Hamilton so he could get a pack of three and take some youngster up to his room. He whistled the tune lieutenant pidgeon very tunefully as he left the toilets.

He's still around,80 years old, so i hope it really was some time ago! .
Funny things you've seen in pubs on 19:39 - Jun 16 with 985 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Dicky, your life sounds like one big pub/restaurant tour. I’m jealous!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Funny things you've seen in pubs on 19:43 - Jun 16 with 976 viewsdickythorpe

Funny things you've seen in pubs on 19:39 - Jun 16 by Brynmill_Jack

Dicky, your life sounds like one big pub/restaurant tour. I’m jealous!

Only one pint I have. I find getting out and about to these different places very cathartic.
I never go expecting excellence , it's just a relaxation thing me and the missus(sometimes) do to de-stress, and if something that tickles me happens then it's a bonus.
Those "Terrible" reviews are funny.
Funny things you've seen in pubs on 19:44 - Jun 16 with 972 viewsFlashberryjack

Funny things you've seen in pubs on 15:43 - Jun 16 by Johnw102

Live not far away call in now and again and have to say he keeps the beer really well, he is a character, but very little malice, visitor one evening said the beer was cloudy, comment was for £4.50 what do you want thunder and Lightening? Also you only have a pint I have a cellar full of it!

£4.50 for a cloudy pint ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Funny things you've seen in pubs on 20:02 - Jun 16 with 945 viewsDarran

Funny things you've seen in pubs on 19:44 - Jun 16 by Flashberryjack

£4.50 for a cloudy pint ?

I was in the Globe a little while ago and this weird looking bloke strolled in,he picked up a stick of chalk,wrote his name on the blackboard and ran out crying.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Funny things you've seen in pubs on 20:03 - Jun 16 with 943 viewsexiledclaseboy

Funny things you've seen in pubs on 20:02 - Jun 16 by Darran

I was in the Globe a little while ago and this weird looking bloke strolled in,he picked up a stick of chalk,wrote his name on the blackboard and ran out crying.

Poll: Tory leader

Funny things you've seen in pubs on 20:09 - Jun 16 with 927 viewsFlashberryjack

Funny things you've seen in pubs on 20:02 - Jun 16 by Darran

?????????

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Funny things you've seen in pubs on 20:40 - Jun 16 with 884 viewsJack123

Just read a few reviews, this made me giggle..

As I looked at the menu, another customer whispered as he walked past "Think Again before you order food" and went onto tell me about their experience. It would be unfair for me to repeat what they said, but i must say that having smelt the rooms and tasted the beer I was willing to accept their word and we left pretty promptly. What a total lost opportunity.

libera nos a malo

Funny things you've seen in pubs on 21:34 - Jun 16 with 830 viewsWarwickHunt

“The cider was lovely - gutted I only ordered a half”.

Buy another one then, you daft twàt.
Funny things you've seen in pubs on 21:57 - Jun 16 with 795 viewsDarran

Funny things you've seen in pubs on 21:34 - Jun 16 by WarwickHunt

“The cider was lovely - gutted I only ordered a half”.

Buy another one then, you daft twàt.

Someone wrote a review for The Colliers in Pontrhydyfen on tripadvisor a few months ago complaining that they had too much food. 😂

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Funny things you've seen in pubs on 22:02 - Jun 16 with 788 viewsGlyn1

Funny things you've seen in pubs on 17:45 - Jun 16 by NotLoyal

[Deleted]
[Post edited 17 Jun 2019 2:07]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024