Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
C4 Tory Leadership debate 18:32 - Jun 16 with 14728 viewsbluey_the_blue

"Six men - and it is all men".

Oh dear.

Each candidate's schooling mentioned.

It's a bear pit as predicted.
C4 Tory Leadership debate on 18:42 - Jun 16 with 3656 viewssherpajacob

"Corbyn, Corbyn, Corbyn"

What was the question again Krishnan?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 18:44 - Jun 16 with 3652 viewsbluey_the_blue

"How would you defeat Farage and Corbyn" was the question.

Most of the debate on that queston was around delivering Brexit. Gove is right though, he destroyed Corbyn. I'm surprised after that that Corbynistas didn't call the police to report a murder.
C4 Tory Leadership debate on 18:52 - Jun 16 with 3635 viewsbluey_the_blue

Raab's sinking.

Gove coming over positive and rationale.

Stewart not really saying anything of note but getting applause. Given his Marr interview this morning, surprising.
C4 Tory Leadership debate on 18:53 - Jun 16 with 3634 viewsunion_jack

“Believe in the bin”

Brilliant. Stewart the only one with a modicum of sense and reality.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 18:55 - Jun 16 with 3620 viewsHighjack

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 18:52 - Jun 16 by bluey_the_blue

Raab's sinking.

Gove coming over positive and rationale.

Stewart not really saying anything of note but getting applause. Given his Marr interview this morning, surprising.

Is it my imagination or has Rory Stewart got a hell of a lot more favourable coverage from the media? Almost as if they want him to win.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 18:56 - Jun 16 with 3616 viewsbluey_the_blue

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 18:53 - Jun 16 by union_jack

“Believe in the bin”

Brilliant. Stewart the only one with a modicum of sense and reality.

In his Marr interview, Stewart claimed he'd not serve in a BoJo cabinet. He's flipped from no to yes back to no in a week. In that interview, he also claimed he'd "bring Farage in"!

His points about "democracy" are also undermined by him wanting to avoid parliament by bringing in a Citizen's assembly -in an attempt to get May's deal through.

There's a lot to like about Stewart but his campaign is falling apart.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2019 19:00]
C4 Tory Leadership debate on 18:58 - Jun 16 with 3613 viewsbluey_the_blue

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 18:55 - Jun 16 by Highjack

Is it my imagination or has Rory Stewart got a hell of a lot more favourable coverage from the media? Almost as if they want him to win.

Well, it's all media driven, isn't it?

Media broadcast every BoJo comment, ignore other candidates launches in the process.

Stewart has a lot to like, imo, but a lot of the coverage just ignores his inconsistencies, lack of experience and quite frankly wierdness.

EDIT: I'll be honest, there are two candidates I was considering voting for, Stewart being one despite our views on Brexit differing. The more I look at things he says, his campaign it just seems like there's a lack of substance there.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2019 18:59]
C4 Tory Leadership debate on 19:00 - Jun 16 with 3601 viewsMrSwerve

Had Jeremy C...Hunt run a business before?

He should have fûcking said mun.

Rory Stewart best of this lot.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 19:05 - Jun 16 with 3581 viewsunion_jack

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 18:58 - Jun 16 by bluey_the_blue

Well, it's all media driven, isn't it?

Media broadcast every BoJo comment, ignore other candidates launches in the process.

Stewart has a lot to like, imo, but a lot of the coverage just ignores his inconsistencies, lack of experience and quite frankly wierdness.

EDIT: I'll be honest, there are two candidates I was considering voting for, Stewart being one despite our views on Brexit differing. The more I look at things he says, his campaign it just seems like there's a lack of substance there.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2019 18:59]

Well personally I don’t want any of them but he’s the only one who’s not chanting the same mantra stating he can get a deal. They can’t and Stewart knows it.

They must think the public are stupid. And of course in a great many cases, they’re right.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 19:07 - Jun 16 with 3574 viewsbluey_the_blue

There's always a deal with will on both parts.

Stewart's policy is, "talk to Farage, oh and get random people from public to agree with me that May's deal should be agreed".

On Brexit he's utterly bonkers.
C4 Tory Leadership debate on 19:08 - Jun 16 with 3569 viewsexiledclaseboy

Raab is an idiot.

You can’t put a fag paper between Gove, The Saj and Hunt on anything.

Stewart is being marginalised because he’s the only one with any sense.

Poll: Tory leader

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 19:10 - Jun 16 with 3560 viewsexiledclaseboy

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 18:55 - Jun 16 by Highjack

It’s your imagination. It does that a lot.

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 19:13 - Jun 16 with 3547 viewsbluey_the_blue

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 19:08 - Jun 16 by exiledclaseboy

Raab is an idiot.

You can’t put a fag paper between Gove, The Saj and Hunt on anything.

Stewart is being marginalised because he’s the only one with any sense.

Agree on Raab.

Agree on second point, but Gove is bossing this so far.

What sense does Stewart have though? Rightly complains about prorogueing ( or however it's spelt ) yet wants to bypass parliament with a "Citizen's assembly" to try to get May's deal through.

I spoke to Lisa mentioning the two candidates I was behind; Stewart was one of them. The more you look at him though it's a lot of noise with nothing of substance.
C4 Tory Leadership debate on 19:14 - Jun 16 with 3546 viewsexiledclaseboy

This is s truly depressing spectacle. Five people trying to pretend they can do something they can’t. And the only one who matters couldn’t even be arsed to turn up.

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 19:16 - Jun 16 with 3535 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Stewart is a possible Tory leader of the future. Not the near future but maybe if the Tory party needs to come to its senses in a few years time. In order for the Tory party to need to come to its senses in a few years the Labour party needs to come to its senses soon.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 19:17 - Jun 16 with 3531 viewsexiledclaseboy

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 19:13 - Jun 16 by bluey_the_blue

Agree on Raab.

Agree on second point, but Gove is bossing this so far.

What sense does Stewart have though? Rightly complains about prorogueing ( or however it's spelt ) yet wants to bypass parliament with a "Citizen's assembly" to try to get May's deal through.

I spoke to Lisa mentioning the two candidates I was behind; Stewart was one of them. The more you look at him though it's a lot of noise with nothing of substance.

Any deal has to be ratified by parliament. It’s the law. So either Stewart is misunderstanding the law or you’re misunderstanding whatever it is Stewart has proposed. Either are possible, the second is the most likely. Frankly the most terrifying thing about all this is that you have a vote given that you continually fail to understand any of the issues at hand. . No offence.

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 19:17 - Jun 16 with 3529 viewsbluey_the_blue

I'd agree it's not his time, Joe.

Brexit kills him stone dead.
C4 Tory Leadership debate on 19:22 - Jun 16 with 3503 viewsItchySphincter

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 19:17 - Jun 16 by exiledclaseboy

Any deal has to be ratified by parliament. It’s the law. So either Stewart is misunderstanding the law or you’re misunderstanding whatever it is Stewart has proposed. Either are possible, the second is the most likely. Frankly the most terrifying thing about all this is that you have a vote given that you continually fail to understand any of the issues at hand. . No offence.

Bitchy.

Stewart reminds me of Tony Blair.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 19:23 - Jun 16 with 3497 viewsbluey_the_blue

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 19:17 - Jun 16 by exiledclaseboy

None taken.

www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/28/rory-stewart-hits-out-at-tory-rivals-over-suicide-bomber-remark

Stewart seems to believe 500 random people could magically come up with a deal that parliament and EU would love, as long as it's not "no deal".

So, settle for it being more the case that he's either ignorant of the law or is high as a fvcking kite in believing any deal will magically be created by public and get through parliament...
C4 Tory Leadership debate on 19:25 - Jun 16 with 3485 viewsexiledclaseboy

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 19:23 - Jun 16 by bluey_the_blue

None taken.

www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/28/rory-stewart-hits-out-at-tory-rivals-over-suicide-bomber-remark

Stewart seems to believe 500 random people could magically come up with a deal that parliament and EU would love, as long as it's not "no deal".

So, settle for it being more the case that he's either ignorant of the law or is high as a fvcking kite in believing any deal will magically be created by public and get through parliament...

So he’s not trying to bypass parliament then because anything that citizens’ assembly would come up with would still have to be ratified by parliament. So the misunderstanding was all yours. Thought as much.

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 19:28 - Jun 16 with 3475 viewsexiledclaseboy

So where’s this bear pit you promised, Bluey? All I can see is six blokes mostly agreeing with each other in front of a mostly silent audience.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2019 19:37]

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 19:30 - Jun 16 with 3464 viewsNeath_Jack

What is the point of this show? Where is Boris, thought he was the main man?

ECB, why hasn't JRM put his name forward for the leadership? Is he disliked within the party?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 19:31 - Jun 16 with 3461 viewsbluey_the_blue

Original comment was based on Kirishnan's comments at the start. He's toned it down since.

Put Boris in there and it's a completely different situation.
C4 Tory Leadership debate on 19:35 - Jun 16 with 3452 viewsexiledclaseboy

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 19:30 - Jun 16 by Neath_Jack

What is the point of this show? Where is Boris, thought he was the main man?

ECB, why hasn't JRM put his name forward for the leadership? Is he disliked within the party?

The show is pointless because as you say, the bloke who’s going to win isn’t there. Boris’s handlers are keeping him away from the spotlight as much as possible on account of his propensity for saying stupid things. Otherwise it’s a 90 minute party political broadcast for the Tory party paid for by C4. There’s another one on Tuesday on the BBC. The bloody lefties.

As for Rees-Mogg, he may well have realised that he’s a joke and that he’s just the Tory version of Corbyn. Happy to snipe from the sidelines but not particularly keen on being in a position to actually have to do something.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2019 19:36]

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 19:41 - Jun 16 with 3421 viewsbluey_the_blue

Moggster has always been consistent he wouldn't stand. Quote was "they wouldn't want me".
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024