Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
C4 Tory Leadership debate 18:32 - Jun 16 with 14759 viewsbluey_the_blue

"Six men - and it is all men".

Oh dear.

Each candidate's schooling mentioned.

It's a bear pit as predicted.
C4 Tory Leadership debate on 12:50 - Jun 18 with 1012 viewsBatterseajack

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 12:43 - Jun 18 by bluey_the_blue

Lisa, people *self identifying* as Conservative members on YouGov are answering those questions.

YouGov has no way of verifying those responding are actual Tory party members.

Aaaah, so this poll has been doctored by a concerted effort of remainers to paint a dodgy picture on those who will elect our next PM.

So the majority of conservative party members would in fact give up Brexit if it meant any of the outcomes taking place as a direct result of Brexit.
C4 Tory Leadership debate on 12:55 - Jun 18 with 998 viewslondonlisa2001

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 12:29 - Jun 18 by Nookiejack

....and the liberal left say the right are intolerant - sums it up.

Yeah, calling someone a dullard on an Internet forum is almost identical to beating up gay people on a bus, driving a car into Muslims, marching with Nazi flags , legislating against abortion, preventing any mention of homosexuality or transgender issues in schools, blaming all of society’s ills on immigrants...
C4 Tory Leadership debate on 12:55 - Jun 18 with 1001 viewsbluey_the_blue

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 12:50 - Jun 18 by Batterseajack

Aaaah, so this poll has been doctored by a concerted effort of remainers to paint a dodgy picture on those who will elect our next PM.

So the majority of conservative party members would in fact give up Brexit if it meant any of the outcomes taking place as a direct result of Brexit.

That's a nice example of assumption.

1) Are all Tory party members on YouGov?
2) How many of those self-identifying as Tory party members have valid party membership?

Based upon the answers to that, you can't treat it as 100% gospel especially when people have been known to respond to questions one way on line then vote another. It's indicative, at best. As I said to Lisa, I suspect the figures would be lower but not by a great amount.

I know you're angling for a bit "gotcha" moment to back your view but I'm not playing that game. That poll is what it is, like any poll, need to look at the methodology behind it.
C4 Tory Leadership debate on 12:56 - Jun 18 with 999 viewsbluey_the_blue

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 12:55 - Jun 18 by londonlisa2001

Yeah, calling someone a dullard on an Internet forum is almost identical to beating up gay people on a bus, driving a car into Muslims, marching with Nazi flags , legislating against abortion, preventing any mention of homosexuality or transgender issues in schools, blaming all of society’s ills on immigrants...

... posting an anti-semitic image if you're a Hollywood actor...
C4 Tory Leadership debate on 12:56 - Jun 18 with 995 viewslondonlisa2001

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 12:49 - Jun 18 by bluey_the_blue

I don't disagree, Lisa.

All I'm saying is there's no way YouGov can verify if someone responding is or isn't a Tory party member. There's a chance the voting has been skewed by non party members responding. It wouldn't, as a result, surprise me if the actual numbers were slightly less than those reported.

‘Slightly less’???

Bluey, the number of people prepared to accept Scotland and NI leaving, economic damage caused to the UK etc, should be zero ffs.
C4 Tory Leadership debate on 12:58 - Jun 18 with 988 viewslondonlisa2001

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 12:56 - Jun 18 by bluey_the_blue

... posting an anti-semitic image if you're a Hollywood actor...

Yes, and that’s wrong. And you know I think it’s wrong.
C4 Tory Leadership debate on 13:00 - Jun 18 with 989 viewsBatterseajack

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 12:55 - Jun 18 by bluey_the_blue

That's a nice example of assumption.

1) Are all Tory party members on YouGov?
2) How many of those self-identifying as Tory party members have valid party membership?

Based upon the answers to that, you can't treat it as 100% gospel especially when people have been known to respond to questions one way on line then vote another. It's indicative, at best. As I said to Lisa, I suspect the figures would be lower but not by a great amount.

I know you're angling for a bit "gotcha" moment to back your view but I'm not playing that game. That poll is what it is, like any poll, need to look at the methodology behind it.

So regardless of the legitimacy of that poll, as a conservative party member, you don't think any of the outcomes outlined in the poll are prices worth paying for brexit if brexit were to cause them?
C4 Tory Leadership debate on 13:01 - Jun 18 with 986 viewsdickythorpe

Boris v Rory should be interesting.
Login to get fewer ads

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 13:06 - Jun 18 with 973 viewslondonlisa2001

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 13:01 - Jun 18 by dickythorpe

Boris v Rory should be interesting.

Boris’ team are running scared of Rory getting to the Tv debate. Hence today’s insane Telegraph front page.

Not because they think Rory can win, but because they are deeply concerned he can damage Boris by asking one simple question which the others won’t do because they are peddling similar nonsense.

‘How?’
C4 Tory Leadership debate on 13:18 - Jun 18 with 961 viewsbluey_the_blue

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 12:56 - Jun 18 by londonlisa2001

‘Slightly less’???

Bluey, the number of people prepared to accept Scotland and NI leaving, economic damage caused to the UK etc, should be zero ffs.

Should be but isn't. Nor would it be, people are free to have their views, agree or not.
C4 Tory Leadership debate on 13:20 - Jun 18 with 960 viewsbluey_the_blue

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 13:06 - Jun 18 by londonlisa2001

Boris’ team are running scared of Rory getting to the Tv debate. Hence today’s insane Telegraph front page.

Not because they think Rory can win, but because they are deeply concerned he can damage Boris by asking one simple question which the others won’t do because they are peddling similar nonsense.

‘How?’

Not sure Stewart could go that route given his own bizarre views on delivering Brexit. Even if he delivered a blow to BoJo, his own approach has little to no credibility,
C4 Tory Leadership debate on 13:28 - Jun 18 with 946 viewslondonlisa2001

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 13:20 - Jun 18 by bluey_the_blue

Not sure Stewart could go that route given his own bizarre views on delivering Brexit. Even if he delivered a blow to BoJo, his own approach has little to no credibility,

Stewart won’t win.

So he can aim to take out Johnson (he’s already said he doesn’t want a cabinet post).

None of the approaches have any credibility. That’s the whole point.

If we accept the premise that we need to trade with our biggest trading partner, it’s the deal or remain. The sooner this is accepted, the better. And Stewart is accepting that.
He’s all about developing strategy for the political declaration. Because he’s more sensible than the others. By a mile. Which is why he won’t win.
C4 Tory Leadership debate on 13:41 - Jun 18 with 935 viewsJango

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 12:56 - Jun 18 by londonlisa2001

‘Slightly less’???

There’s far more people in Scotland and Northern Ireland wanting to leave the Union than there was taking that poll. Very desperate times if you’ve convinced yourself that that poll is genuinely all conservative members.
C4 Tory Leadership debate on 13:41 - Jun 18 with 935 viewsbluey_the_blue

There can be a trade agreement upon leaving EU without May's deal. It's about both sides wanting a trade agreement.

Biggest trade partner, sure, but declining year on year. Nations outside EU are far more important.
C4 Tory Leadership debate on 13:48 - Jun 18 with 924 viewsEbo

They should turn it into a game show but using lie detectors, last man standing.

As contestants are eliminated they are drenched in milkshake whilst strapped in their chairs.

Winner gets a Chinese burn off the Vorderman.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 13:48 - Jun 18 with 924 viewsBatterseajack

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 13:41 - Jun 18 by bluey_the_blue

There can be a trade agreement upon leaving EU without May's deal. It's about both sides wanting a trade agreement.

Biggest trade partner, sure, but declining year on year. Nations outside EU are far more important.

Which nations outside the EU are far more important? Time for detail now
C4 Tory Leadership debate on 13:49 - Jun 18 with 921 viewsBatterseajack

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 13:28 - Jun 18 by londonlisa2001

Stewart won’t win.

So he can aim to take out Johnson (he’s already said he doesn’t want a cabinet post).

None of the approaches have any credibility. That’s the whole point.

If we accept the premise that we need to trade with our biggest trading partner, it’s the deal or remain. The sooner this is accepted, the better. And Stewart is accepting that.
He’s all about developing strategy for the political declaration. Because he’s more sensible than the others. By a mile. Which is why he won’t win.

Doesn't stand a chance given what we now know how conservative party members think. They'll never vote for him.
C4 Tory Leadership debate on 13:52 - Jun 18 with 907 viewsWarwickHunt

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 13:06 - Jun 18 by londonlisa2001

‘How?’

You are Fred Dinenage and I claim my five pounds.
C4 Tory Leadership debate on 13:53 - Jun 18 with 903 viewslondonlisa2001

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 13:41 - Jun 18 by bluey_the_blue

No, there can’t.

Which bits do you think can be changed. Specifically.

The payment for monies already owed? (Our figures).

The right to remain for EU nationals?

The need to have consistent standards of goods if free movement across the border is a necessity?

Which bits Bluey. Enough is enough. I don’t think those saying they don’t want the deal even know what’s in it.

And other nations are not far more important. There is no other country that comes anywhere near the ball park of the trade we do with the EU.
C4 Tory Leadership debate on 13:53 - Jun 18 with 907 viewsbluey_the_blue

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 13:48 - Jun 18 by Batterseajack

Which nations outside the EU are far more important? Time for detail now

The comment was "Nations outside EU".
You want to cite individual nations cited. Does not compute.

Majority of UK trade is with nations outside of EU and is increasing. Ergo, nations outside EU are more important as that's where most of our trade is...
C4 Tory Leadership debate on 13:56 - Jun 18 with 899 viewsJoe_bradshaw

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 13:52 - Jun 18 by WarwickHunt

You are Fred Dinenage and I claim my five pounds.

Bunty James, surely?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 13:57 - Jun 18 with 895 viewsBatterseajack

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 13:53 - Jun 18 by bluey_the_blue

Majority of UK trade is with nations outside of EU and is increasing. Ergo, nations outside EU are more important as that's where most of our trade is...

The reason i ask is that we already have tariff free trading arrangements with many nations outside the EU and we stand to lose these when we Brexit.

Of the ones we don't, which are more important than the EU27?
[Post edited 18 Jun 2019 14:03]
C4 Tory Leadership debate on 13:58 - Jun 18 with 885 viewslondonlisa2001

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 13:53 - Jun 18 by bluey_the_blue

Every single other nation in the world added together only just outweighs the trade we do with a single partner (the EU). At least some of that trade is as a result of our membership of the EU. And we have trade agreements with hardly any of them.

You sound ridiculous.
C4 Tory Leadership debate on 13:58 - Jun 18 with 887 viewsWarwickHunt

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 12:18 - Jun 18 by BrynCartwright

You forgot...

...Swivel-Eyed Loons....

Yep. Thanks!

Window lickers.
Little Englanders.
Arse dribblers.
Piss gibbons*

*Courtesy of Neath_Jack.
C4 Tory Leadership debate on 14:02 - Jun 18 with 876 viewsWarwickHunt

C4 Tory Leadership debate on 13:58 - Jun 18 by londonlisa2001

Every single other nation in the world added together only just outweighs the trade we do with a single partner (the EU). At least some of that trade is as a result of our membership of the EU. And we have trade agreements with hardly any of them.

You sound ridiculous.

He gets more deluded by the day. Theresa Syndrome.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024