Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Krakow 13:17 - Jun 17 with 2133 viewsdickythorpe

Mate in work is off this weekend in a small stag do.
What are the cheaper areas to visit for beer etc
Krakow on 13:51 - Jun 17 with 2084 viewsJoe_bradshaw

If they need sobering up a visit to Auschwitz will certainly do that.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Krakow on 14:17 - Jun 17 with 2037 viewscontroversial_jack

There's only the main square and a few streets off it, but there are plenty of bars , pubs restaurants, so it's pot luck. The strip clubs can be a bit of a rip off compared to other European cities.A girl sits next to you and you chat away, if you aren't interested an older woman comes up and tries to persuade you to part with your spondulicks.
Krakow on 14:23 - Jun 17 with 2026 viewscontroversial_jack

This is the cheapest place i found. It's just a watering hole for mostly locals just off the square, but it's £1 for 440 ml of beer - this was last year.The snacks are vile though.

https://www.local-life.com/krakow/restaurants/1558-BaniaLuka
Krakow on 16:20 - Jun 17 with 1904 viewsSoberBaker

No trip to Krakow is complete until you've done the Wodka Bar.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g274772-d2572233-Reviews-Wodka_C

Do it towards the end of the night though, because every time I have come out of there and hit the fresh air, I feel like I have motor neurone disease - It's ACE!!

AMOW

Krakow on 17:24 - Jun 17 with 1839 viewscontroversial_jack

Krakow on 16:20 - Jun 17 by SoberBaker

No trip to Krakow is complete until you've done the Wodka Bar.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g274772-d2572233-Reviews-Wodka_C

Do it towards the end of the night though, because every time I have come out of there and hit the fresh air, I feel like I have motor neurone disease - It's ACE!!

I've done that, it's great, but a tiny place and more expensive than other vodka bars
Krakow on 19:25 - Jun 17 with 1737 viewsLord_Bony

Poland is an absolutely beautiful country to enjoy.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Krakow on 20:32 - Jun 17 with 1692 viewspencoedjack

I’m off for my 50th next month Dicky if any decent boozers are found let me know.

Went 10 years ago & there was a decent pub just off the square, saying that we were only paying £2 a pint on the square (pretty sure it won’t be as cheap this time)

Last time with the boys this time it’s a couples trip so no visiting ‘dodgy’ bars this time.
Krakow on 20:36 - Jun 17 with 1687 viewsbuilthjack

Plenty of cheap places. It's all walkable.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Krakow on 17:00 - Jun 18 with 1442 viewsjacktar_

Pretty much everywhere. A Stein of beer sir, that'll be £2.50 please!
Krakow on 17:04 - Jun 18 with 1438 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Krakow on 20:36 - Jun 17 by builthjack

Plenty of cheap places. It's all walkable.

Not too deer then

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Krakow on 17:35 - Jun 18 with 1411 viewsSPboy

Try the Jewish quarter Kashmierz. Better bars, restaurants & clientele than the main square ... even cheaper too. Probably about 20min walk from the main square
Krakow on 18:21 - Jun 18 with 1388 viewsSwanzay

Great city, beer is cheap enough even in the main square. Good choices of places for breakfast too after a session.
If you get the chance go to Auschwitz, there are plenty of agents on the main drag that offer day trips there. It is truly an unforgetable experience to see how distructive/inhumane mankind can be, and the sheer scale is something else.

Lastly you often get better exhange rates in Poland than the tourist agents over here.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2019 18:23]
Krakow on 21:42 - Jun 18 with 1291 viewscontroversial_jack

Krakow on 17:35 - Jun 18 by SPboy

Try the Jewish quarter Kashmierz. Better bars, restaurants & clientele than the main square ... even cheaper too. Probably about 20min walk from the main square

I didn't think there was much there at all.
Krakow on 21:49 - Jun 18 with 1290 viewsbuilthjack

Krakow on 21:42 - Jun 18 by controversial_jack

I didn't think there was much there at all.

Bit of an anti climax the Jewish quarter. The museum was poor. The chairs on the square made you think.
But yes, you should do the camps. You can hear the silence.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Krakow on 22:30 - Jun 18 with 1262 viewsFieryJack

Never seen so many trashed, street-drinking alcoholic locals in my life as in Krakow.

Beautiful city, though.

Try Nowa Huta for a weird change, if you fancy it.

It's like Dyfatty Flats x 100, with a few bars here and there.

7 years ago when I was there I stayed in the Jewish Quarter - lots of cozy, trendy, arty little bars - but rapidly got pi**ed off with all the braying, spoilt, loud Western tourists (mostly Americans in their 20s) - so decided to get trams out to the suburbs and drink with the locals in their pubs.

God, what a drag to discover that there are barely any places you can call local pubs in Poland - the nearest thing they had to it were sleazy caffs selling slop food and bottled beer to grim-faced, ex-steel workers who'd break your nose as soon as look at you. And these places usually shut about 10.30pm.

Had to go back to the centre with my tail between my legs and drink and fume amongst the arrogant tourist trash cans, one of whom (a German) I came very close to decking (that's a long story).

Am going back in three weeks to try my luck again
Krakow on 09:35 - Jun 19 with 1132 viewscontroversial_jack

Krakow on 22:30 - Jun 18 by FieryJack

Never seen so many trashed, street-drinking alcoholic locals in my life as in Krakow.

Beautiful city, though.

7 years ago when I was there I stayed in the Jewish Quarter - lots of cozy, trendy, arty little bars - but rapidly got pi**ed off with all the braying, spoilt, loud Western tourists (mostly Americans in their 20s) - so decided to get trams out to the suburbs and drink with the locals in their pubs.

God, what a drag to discover that there are barely any places you can call local pubs in Poland - the nearest thing they had to it were sleazy caffs selling slop food and bottled beer to grim-faced, ex-steel workers who'd break your nose as soon as look at you. And these places usually shut about 10.30pm.

Had to go back to the centre with my tail between my legs and drink and fume amongst the arrogant tourist trash cans, one of whom (a German) I came very close to decking (that's a long story).

There's not much outside of the city square, but there's an amazing indoor shopping centre, absolutely huge. It's nowhere near as good as Prague for a stag do, or Budapest so i'm told - not been there yet.
Krakow on 09:37 - Jun 19 with 1130 viewscontroversial_jack

Krakow on 21:49 - Jun 18 by builthjack

Bit of an anti climax the Jewish quarter. The museum was poor. The chairs on the square made you think.
But yes, you should do the camps. You can hear the silence.

I did them in the middle of winter , freezing and covered with snow. The guide said the location was picked, because it get's so cold in winter and humid in summer, all part of the dehumanising process ; dreadful!
Krakow on 11:14 - Jun 19 with 1078 views1983

Don't bother with rip off Auschwitz trips just go by train direct from Krakow trains are cheap as chips and takes about one and a half hours to Oswiecim then it's a 10 minutes walk from the station
[Post edited 19 Jun 2019 11:16]

Krakow on 13:33 - Jun 19 with 1044 viewspencoedjack

Krakow on 22:30 - Jun 18 by FieryJack

Beautiful city, though.

What date fiery?

I’m out there 12th July
Krakow on 13:34 - Jun 19 with 1043 viewspencoedjack

Krakow on 18:21 - Jun 18 by Swanzay

Great city, beer is cheap enough even in the main square. Good choices of places for breakfast too after a session.
If you get the chance go to Auschwitz, there are plenty of agents on the main drag that offer day trips there. It is truly an unforgetable experience to see how distructive/inhumane mankind can be, and the sheer scale is something else.

Lastly you often get better exhange rates in Poland than the tourist agents over here.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2019 18:23]

Auschwitz summary spot on.
Krakow on 13:38 - Jun 19 with 1029 viewscontroversial_jack

Krakow on 11:14 - Jun 19 by 1983

Don't bother with rip off Auschwitz trips just go by train direct from Krakow trains are cheap as chips and takes about one and a half hours to Oswiecim then it's a 10 minutes walk from the station
[Post edited 19 Jun 2019 11:16]

It's only £30 pp for an organised trip, with admission and guide
Krakow on 18:40 - Jun 19 with 941 viewsFieryJack

Krakow on 13:33 - Jun 19 by pencoedjack

What date fiery?

I’m out there 12th July

Fly out on the 7th and back on the 12th.

Never mind - you've actually had a lucky escape as I'm not exactly the most sociable of blokes.

Have a good time out there - and make sure you're room has got good air-con - can get bloody stifling and humid in krakow.
Krakow on 20:22 - Jun 19 with 897 views1983

Krakow on 13:38 - Jun 19 by controversial_jack

It's only £30 pp for an organised trip, with admission and guide

Train about £10 and you don't need a guide leave that for the Japanese tourists

Don't fear individualism x

Krakow on 21:03 - Jun 19 with 874 viewsSwanzay

Krakow on 20:22 - Jun 19 by 1983

Train about £10 and you don't need a guide leave that for the Japanese tourists

Don't fear individualism x

The guide we had was superb and made the brutallity even more abundant.
It truly is a visit that I will never forget for the rest of my life, what is protrayed on TV simply doesn't do it justice, the scale of it is truly horrifically overwhelming.
Krakow on 22:21 - Jun 19 with 840 viewspencoedjack

Krakow on 21:03 - Jun 19 by Swanzay

The guide we had was superb and made the brutallity even more abundant.
It truly is a visit that I will never forget for the rest of my life, what is protrayed on TV simply doesn't do it justice, the scale of it is truly horrifically overwhelming.

Totally agree
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024