Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk Out 17:39 - Jun 18 with 14915 viewsjasper_T

Another club going the youth route due to financial issues (in their case it's FFP sanctions more than actual lack of cash afaik).
Monk Out on 22:16 - Jun 19 with 2641 viewsDarran

Monk Out on 22:14 - Jun 19 by swancity

Not heard of sell on clauses and add ons then have you you thick t wat.

Prick.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monk Out on 23:18 - Jun 19 with 2546 viewsTheKirkyLife

Goodness me what a mess.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2019 23:18]
Monk Out on 12:17 - Jun 20 with 2400 viewsWarwickHunt

Monk Out on 21:24 - Jun 19 by Brynmill_Jack

Sacked for eroding Birmingham City’s footballing principles . The irony

That’s a bit like being sacked for besmirching Mugabe’s humanitarian legacy.

Well done, Monky - you colossal fûcking clownshoe.
Monk Out on 12:29 - Jun 20 with 2386 viewsdobjack2

Monk Out on 22:06 - Jun 19 by swancity

Take personalities out of it chaps and just look at the facts. Plain old fashioned facts.

8th place finish in his only complete season after taking on a team sliding down the league. Wins against clubs like Manchester Utd at Old Trafford. True the style changed but we won games and scored goals. His win percentage was admirable. An outstanding effort for someone with no previous experience.

Birmingham meanwhile we’re in dire straits last season and tipped to struggle. Against all odds they threatened the top six briefly until a points deduction put them right out of it.

At Leeds he did well and at Boro too he had many supporters. Just stick to facts chaps.

You can pull out whatever you like to back up an argument. For your arguments there are counter arguments.

Eroded our football principles, turned us from a possession based side to an identikit lower table side. Consequences are going into the transfer market to buy players that other clubs are after therefore raising costs considerably. Previously we looked for players to fit our possession based game. Presided over the change of style of play that accelerated our drop from mid table to relegation strugglers and bored the cr@p out of fans.
Monk Out on 13:12 - Jun 20 with 2345 viewsJacket

Monk Out on 20:35 - Jun 19 by Headmaster

How ironic...

"Garry Monk was fired by Birmingham City after a dispute over the use of his own agent in so many of the club's transfer deals, the chief executive at St Andrew's has claimed."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7159671/Birmingham-CEO-claims

It gets even better...

"But our owner gave me clear instruction that we need to play clear, possession-based attacking football. That wasn't an order. I said to Gary "what do you think?". I told him on the 18th of May. You know what Garry's reaction was? He said whoever said that doesn't have a f*****g clue about football."

[Post edited 19 Jun 2019 20:37]

Were his furckin eyes closed under Martinez, Rogers amd Laudrup, the daft furking kunt? Seems the only thing he learnt under Laudrup was how to use an agent to get some extra backhanders. What an absolute shitehouse!
Monk Out on 14:04 - Jun 20 with 2294 viewsDarran

Monk Out on 14:11 - Jun 20 with 2287 viewsWarwickHunt

Monk Out on 14:04 - Jun 20 by Darran

Sort out Brexit and Palestine when you’ve got a minute would you, Gar?
Monk Out on 16:22 - Jun 20 with 2216 viewsBadlands

Never short of a word to attack others is Garrrrry.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Monk Out on 19:39 - Jun 20 with 2129 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monk Out on 21:24 - Jun 19 by Wingstandwood

Always had the impression that Monk thinks he's the absolute dogs-bollocks. Inherited Laudrups family silver Swans squad and gifted a managerial shoe-in at Premier League level that opened a few future doors. A overhyped managerial myth.

Far better and undoubtedly far more modest managers have started off in the trenches of the lower league ladder, walked the walk, and have achieved more with play-offs/promotions and trophies. No PL team will offer him a job, it'll be interesting if another Championship club will come in for him? Perhaps it's just me but I could never see him accepting a 4th Div/non-League club i.e. probably thinks its beneath him!

Inherited Laudrups family silver and sold it mistakenly to a scrappie for 30 quid. Or swapped it for some mysterious magic beans

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Monk Out on 21:38 - Jun 20 with 2054 viewsHeadmaster

Pep Clotet has been announced as their "permanent caretaker head coach".
Monk Out on 22:13 - Jun 20 with 2013 viewsBadlands

Monk Out on 22:06 - Jun 19 by swancity

Take personalities out of it chaps and just look at the facts. Plain old fashioned facts.

8th place finish in his only complete season after taking on a team sliding down the league. Wins against clubs like Manchester Utd at Old Trafford. True the style changed but we won games and scored goals. His win percentage was admirable. An outstanding effort for someone with no previous experience.

Birmingham meanwhile we’re in dire straits last season and tipped to struggle. Against all odds they threatened the top six briefly until a points deduction put them right out of it.

At Leeds he did well and at Boro too he had many supporters. Just stick to facts chaps.

8th with the most boring football I'd seen from the Swans in decades.
Half our points from game in which we failed to score or scored 1 goal.
Taught how to defend by Sousa and was made to look good by Alan Tate.
Never rated him as a defender or captain.
Turned the squad against two managers couldn't cope with players standing up to him and, from what he wrote about Sousa in his autobiography, may well have deliberately scuppered our play off chances in 2009/10.
Tool over the Swans as our injury problems dissipated.

Arrogant lower league player, coach and man.

Monk Out on 04:09 - Jun 21 with 1907 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monk Out on 22:13 - Jun 20 by Badlands

Turned the squad against two managers couldn't cope with players standing up to him and, from what he wrote about Sousa in his autobiography, may well have deliberately scuppered our play off chances in 2009/10.

Excellent summary of Monk

Monk Out on 05:43 - Jun 21 with 1875 viewsDr_Winston

Garry Monk was a decent player and a fine captain. If that's where things had stayed then he'd no doubt be considered a key individual in the clubs history. That's just reality.

Yes, he's an insecure, egotistical dickhead. Yes, he should never have been given the managers job here on a permanent basis (an obviously stupid decision at the time, even more so in retrospect). Yes, it is amusing to see him strut around like a Poundland Mourinho and end up getting the boot from yet another job.

But let's be realistic rather than make shit up.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Monk Out on 06:08 - Jun 21 with 1865 viewsItchySphincter

Monk Out on 04:09 - Jun 21 by Brynmill_Jack

Excellent summary of Monk

Excellent and highly influential player and captain for us, so half of that is bullshit.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Monk Out on 06:26 - Jun 21 with 1851 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monk Out on 06:08 - Jun 21 by ItchySphincter

Excellent and highly influential player and captain for us, so half of that is bullshit.

He was a decent defender but a divisive element who took pleasure in destabilizing two managers and calling half our squad Spanish c*nts. Less than half is bullsh*t but opinions eh

Monk Out on 07:27 - Jun 21 with 1822 viewsKilkennyjack

Spot on.

Nice to give Tate a mention.....

Beware of the Risen People

Monk Out on 08:06 - Jun 21 with 1808 viewsSwansea93

Boro investigating Monk's transfer deals now because of the agent.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Monk Out on 08:53 - Jun 21 with 1787 viewstheloneranger

Ren ... "Garry has lost his focus on football. Every time he gets fired he became richer. I don't know if he still has the desire to be passionate about football rather than controlling things, all these transfers." 👍

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Monk Out on 09:35 - Jun 21 with 1757 viewsDarran

Monk Out on 08:06 - Jun 21 by Swansea93

Boro investigating Monk's transfer deals now because of the agent.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-7162977/amp/Middlesbrough-i

Monk Out on 10:41 - Jun 21 with 1721 viewsBadlands

Monk Out on 09:35 - Jun 21 by Darran

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-7162977/amp/Middlesbrough-i

Cautionary sentence for all those wanting us to spend, spend, spend;
Monk signed 15 players during his six months in charge of the club, including a club record £15million on Nottingham Forest striker Britt Assombalonga.

Monk Out on 10:53 - Jun 21 with 1716 viewsLeonWasGod

Monk Out on 08:53 - Jun 21 by theloneranger

Ren ... "Garry has lost his focus on football. Every time he gets fired he became richer. I don't know if he still has the desire to be passionate about football rather than controlling things, all these transfers." 👍

"I think the fall-out started from there. His agent is a mature guy. I have to give him that. He said that’s fine. But Garry was really upset about this.’"

Ouch
Monk Out on 11:35 - Jun 21 with 1696 viewsNotLoyal

Couldn't happen to a nicer ginger person and his love!y wife.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Monk Out on 13:13 - Jun 21 with 1652 viewsvetchonian

Will never forgive him for ruining our club despite his "passion" as a player but we have had 5 managers since he left and cant believe we want to give this clown a thread of over 3 pages

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Monk Out on 23:19 - Jun 21 with 1551 viewsJacket

Here is an interesting quote from the Sun regarding Tutumlu's over involvement at the Liberty:

One Swansea source said: “This guy Tutumlu was everywhere – the training ground, even the team hotel the night before matches.

“Players were complaining to Huw Jenkins. The atmosphere was terrible. If Swansea had not sacked Laudrup, they would have gone down.”

I wonder who those complaining players were? I may be putting two and two together and coming up with 5, but damn it, the ginger barstard was one of them, surely. The sheer hypocrisy of the kunt is breathtaking. What an absolute Wayne Kerr!
Monk Out on 00:02 - Jun 22 with 1532 viewsDarran

Monk Out on 23:19 - Jun 21 by Jacket

Here is an interesting quote from the Sun regarding Tutumlu's over involvement at the Liberty:

One Swansea source said: “This guy Tutumlu was everywhere – the training ground, even the team hotel the night before matches.

“Players were complaining to Huw Jenkins. The atmosphere was terrible. If Swansea had not sacked Laudrup, they would have gone down.”

I wonder who those complaining players were? I may be putting two and two together and coming up with 5, but damn it, the ginger barstard was one of them, surely. The sheer hypocrisy of the kunt is breathtaking. What an absolute Wayne Kerr!

You think Monk might have been one of them?
Blimey what’s your middle name Lightning?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024