Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To loan or to buy 18:33 - Jun 18 with 7642 viewsSwanseaman

With loaning a player, while they could be of great help, and improve our chances of a promotion push. At the end of the season, all the work put in improving and developing them is for another club .

I would prefer to buy players who have potential and to develop them for us, so all the work put in is for us. This is also the better business, as the initial investment can increase quite a lot depending on how much they improve.

I think even if we get to the premiership again, it's better to find youngsters with potential that we can develop rather than the route jenkins went on of buying older experienced top players who were too expensive.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

To loan or to buy on 20:54 - Jun 19 with 1462 viewsjasper_T

I do the data for Football Manager so it's pretty easy to check if I think appearance fees exist.
To loan or to buy on 21:13 - Jun 19 with 1426 viewsBrynmill_Jack

To loan or to buy on 20:23 - Jun 19 by jasper_T

Bony had multiple serious injuries and malaria before we signed him back.

That Jenkins knows how to spot a player aye

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

To loan or to buy on 21:13 - Jun 19 with 1424 viewskarnataka

To loan or to buy on 19:33 - Jun 19 by jack247

If we are going to play the kind of football Cooper says we are, I can’t see where a goal poacher fits in. Unless it’s as an impact sub.

I’d imagine whoever plays up front is going to have to get involved in the build up, either by holding the ball up for players to run through, or more likely, be part of a fluid front three, ie be able to drift out wide and interchange with at least one of the wingers.

I don’t know if Shankland could do that or not, but going by your description sounds more of a finisher who comes alive in the box.

Martinez had us playing possession football and added Jason Scotland to the mix to finish the intricate approach play off and that worked quite well. I don't see Shankland or someone like him as the answer to anything in particular really, but it's still June so a lot can happen in the next 6-8 weeks and I can see us starting the coming season without McBurnie if an offer comes in. We'll somehow need to replace 20 goals and we'll try to do it on the cheap so in that scenario, if not him, someone like Shankland will have to come into the picture unless Super Cooper's contacts can produce a gem.
To loan or to buy on 21:16 - Jun 19 with 1404 views34dfgdf54

To loan or to buy on 20:51 - Jun 19 by jasper_T

You thought wrong. Why would I say that? And when?

Lol

When it was obvious that Routs/Dyer were not being picked due to the clauses in their contracts. “Imaginary stories”

Oh so you know now because you do stats for a computer game. That will be it.

Lol
To loan or to buy on 21:22 - Jun 19 with 1398 viewsjasper_T

To loan or to buy on 21:16 - Jun 19 by 34dfgdf54

When it was obvious that Routs/Dyer were not being picked due to the clauses in their contracts. “Imaginary stories”

Oh so you know now because you do stats for a computer game. That will be it.

Lol

My opinion on fees is an easily checked matter of record in a series of extremely popular computer games, but you keep on making up nonsense and claiming I said it if that's what gets you off.
To loan or to buy on 21:23 - Jun 19 with 1385 views34dfgdf54

To loan or to buy on 21:22 - Jun 19 by jasper_T

My opinion on fees is an easily checked matter of record in a series of extremely popular computer games, but you keep on making up nonsense and claiming I said it if that's what gets you off.

So you never said that the Routlege / Dyer appearance clause issue was a myth?
To loan or to buy on 21:25 - Jun 19 with 1390 viewsNortbankboy

Potters best players last year were the players that the old board brought in.
The players potter brought were poor
To loan or to buy on 21:26 - Jun 19 with 1385 viewsjack247

To loan or to buy on 21:13 - Jun 19 by karnataka

Martinez had us playing possession football and added Jason Scotland to the mix to finish the intricate approach play off and that worked quite well. I don't see Shankland or someone like him as the answer to anything in particular really, but it's still June so a lot can happen in the next 6-8 weeks and I can see us starting the coming season without McBurnie if an offer comes in. We'll somehow need to replace 20 goals and we'll try to do it on the cheap so in that scenario, if not him, someone like Shankland will have to come into the picture unless Super Cooper's contacts can produce a gem.

Scotland stayed central, as did Bony, but they were both excellent at holding the ball up and creating chances for runners. Scotland was more than just a finisher.

Completely agree there’s a decent chance someone could come in for McBurnie. I’d imagine we’d go for someone who does more than just finish, purely based on Coopers hints about the kind of football we will be playing.
Login to get fewer ads

To loan or to buy on 21:27 - Jun 19 with 1385 viewsjasper_T

To loan or to buy on 21:23 - Jun 19 by 34dfgdf54

So you never said that the Routlege / Dyer appearance clause issue was a myth?

Just make your own mind up about what I said, you usually do.
To loan or to buy on 22:43 - Jun 19 with 1326 viewsNortbankboy

To loan or to buy on 21:26 - Jun 19 by jack247

Scotland stayed central, as did Bony, but they were both excellent at holding the ball up and creating chances for runners. Scotland was more than just a finisher.

Completely agree there’s a decent chance someone could come in for McBurnie. I’d imagine we’d go for someone who does more than just finish, purely based on Coopers hints about the kind of football we will be playing.

Can't see anyone coming for macbernie,he can't even get in the Scottish squad
And they are poor.
To loan or to buy on 23:05 - Jun 19 with 1297 viewsjackrmee

To loan or to buy on 21:26 - Jun 19 by jack247

So Shankland is just a finisher? Hasn't got anything else to his game?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

To loan or to buy on 04:27 - Jun 20 with 1255 viewsjack247

To loan or to buy on 23:05 - Jun 19 by jackrmee

So Shankland is just a finisher? Hasn't got anything else to his game?

As I said above, I’m just basing that on Karnataka post about him.
To loan or to buy on 12:24 - Jun 20 with 1169 viewsjack247

To loan or to buy on 22:43 - Jun 19 by Nortbankboy

And they are poor.

He scored 20 odd goals last season without being an out and out striker. He may well stay, but I’d be surprised if no one was interested.
To loan or to buy on 13:32 - Jun 21 with 1080 viewskarnataka

To loan or to buy on 12:24 - Jun 20 by jack247

He scored 20 odd goals last season without being an out and out striker. He may well stay, but I’d be surprised if no one was interested.

Looks like something is already happening on the McBurnie front.
To loan or to buy on 15:24 - Jun 21 with 1037 viewsgrabsplatter

And they are poor.

He scored 20 goals last year in his first full season in senior football so of course clubs will be interested in him.
You may not rate him but plenty do
To loan or to buy on 22:04 - Jun 21 with 969 viewsTNT

And they are poor.

When he plays for us he scores. What does Scotland matter?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

To loan or to buy on 22:29 - Jun 21 with 952 views34dfgdf54

To loan or to buy on 22:04 - Jun 21 by TNT

When he plays for us he scores. What does Scotland matter?

He’s on the other thread praising Jenkins up for signing Mcburnie.

He’s a WUM
To loan or to buy on 22:57 - Jun 21 with 934 viewsTNT

To loan or to buy on 22:29 - Jun 21 by 34dfgdf54

He’s on the other thread praising Jenkins up for signing Mcburnie.

He’s a WUM

He is.

The way he bastardises the hallowed North Bank - nuff said.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024