Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? 17:25 - Jun 20 with 8398 viewsGlyn1

We have six matches in August, but what should be an acceptable points target for them? Personally, I think that 9 points would be a very satisfactory start to the season.

Last season we won only one of these fixtures and got just 5 points out of a possible 18.

Hull (Home): 2-2 (1 pt)
Derby (Away): 2-1 (0 pt)
Preston (H): 1-0 (3 pts)
QPR (A): 4-0 (0 pt)
Brum (H): 0-0 (1 pt)
Leeds (A): 2-1 (0 pt)

5 goals scored: 10 goals conceded.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 22:41 - Jun 22 with 3055 viewsladyjack

Hope for 3 home wins and a result at QPR.
What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 22:46 - Jun 22 with 3040 viewsTNT

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 19:03 - Jun 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Less than twelve is a failure.

Your supermanure lost two of their first three games of last season - Failure.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 04:11 - Aug 1 with 2842 viewsGlyn1

Time to update this based on what we know now.

I'll still be satisfied if we get 9 points in these 6 games.

And Bielsa's 3 or even 4 a day training sessions may be contributing to Leeds' high injury list, so maybe we'll get something off them.

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 22:28 - Aug 21 with 2709 viewsGlyn1

Bump

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 22:43 - Aug 21 with 2643 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 04:11 - Aug 1 by Glyn1

Time to update this based on what we know now.

I'll still be satisfied if we get 9 points in these 6 games.

And Bielsa's 3 or even 4 a day training sessions may be contributing to Leeds' high injury list, so maybe we'll get something off them.

If we can beat Birmingham we can go up there with an almost devil may care attitude.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 23:25 - Aug 21 with 2574 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 23:38 - Aug 21 with 2546 viewsFireboy2

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 23:25 - Aug 21 by Brynmill_Jack

Will probably be the correct answer 😉
What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 00:20 - Aug 22 with 2521 viewsGlyn1

If we do achieve 16 points in August ... and as far as I'm concerned that's a big IF, then we will have 11 points more than in the equivalent fixtures last season.

An extra 11 points last season would have taken us to 6th position at the expense of Derby, and we would have met Leeds in the play-offs.

But this is August after only 4 games and only an idiot would predict anything.

Any predictions?

Login to get fewer ads

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 00:25 - Aug 22 with 2514 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 00:20 - Aug 22 by Glyn1

If we do achieve 16 points in August ... and as far as I'm concerned that's a big IF, then we will have 11 points more than in the equivalent fixtures last season.

An extra 11 points last season would have taken us to 6th position at the expense of Derby, and we would have met Leeds in the play-offs.

Any predictions?

16 🤪

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 01:42 - Aug 22 with 2467 viewsTummer_from_Texas

14 would still be great.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 10:43 - Aug 22 with 2276 viewsgordondg

14 and we'll be top of the league.
What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 13:17 - Aug 22 with 2214 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 19:34 - Jun 22 by nantywatcher

As clueless as ever.

Do you still think less than twelve is acceptable?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 15:39 - Aug 22 with 2137 viewsGlyn1

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 13:17 - Aug 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Speaking personally, Absolutely Yes.

10 or 11 points from the first six matches of a tough set of opening fixtures would be an excellent achievement. As you'll know, Dwight, in each of the games so far we have done better than our matches last year, which I imagine you are pleased about.

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 16:46 - Aug 22 with 2098 viewssioni

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 00:20 - Aug 22 by Glyn1

Any predictions?

Well, you won’t fool me so easily into making a prediction but I think there’s a maybe perhaps a reasonable possibility we’ll end up in the top 6.
What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 22:02 - Aug 22 with 1976 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 15:39 - Aug 22 by Glyn1

Speaking personally, Absolutely Yes.

10 or 11 points from the first six matches of a tough set of opening fixtures would be an excellent achievement. As you'll know, Dwight, in each of the games so far we have done better than our matches last year, which I imagine you are pleased about.

It took Leeds a long time to break down Brentford last night. I think we have far more firepower than Brentford too. It will be a massive test , but if passed would give us nothing to fear (apart from ourselves messing up).

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 15:11 - Aug 25 with 1833 viewsGlyn1

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 19:03 - Jun 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Less than twelve is a failure.

But, but, that means that Dwight thinks that the Swans are a success?! My mind = officially blown.

Seriously, I underestimated this collection of players at the beginning of the season.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2019 15:12]

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 17:10 - Aug 31 with 1552 viewsGlyn1

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 23:25 - Aug 21 by Brynmill_Jack

And the winner is Brynmill Jack with Dwight and others being close seconds.

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 17:21 - Aug 31 with 1486 viewsOldjack

Dam I was close

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 17:24 - Aug 31 with 1472 viewsGlyn1

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 17:21 - Aug 31 by Oldjack

Dam I was close

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 22:55 - Aug 31 with 1342 viewsJacket

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 13:17 - Aug 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What on earth is this Barry Big Bollocks routine from you all the fackin time??? 12 points from 6 is 2 points a game. Two points a game (92 points) would have secured second spot in each of the past 5 Championship campaigns (and probably more but I couldn't be arsed checking any further back). So basically you're saying anything less than being on course for automatic promotion six matches in is unacceptable. Who's to say one of the teams on 11 points or less won't finish in the top two with us(!), whether you reckon their performance is acceptable or otherwise.

I'm sick and tired of you coming on here giving it all this as if the fact you support the most successful team in England for the past 30 years makes you some football pundit extraordinaire. You support them because you're a glory hunting barstard like the rest of their long distance fans. It doesn't make you special, it doesn't make you deserving of kudos.
What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 02:12 - Sep 1 with 1238 viewsDJack

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 22:55 - Aug 31 by Jacket

What on earth is this Barry Big Bollocks routine from you all the fackin time??? 12 points from 6 is 2 points a game. Two points a game (92 points) would have secured second spot in each of the past 5 Championship campaigns (and probably more but I couldn't be arsed checking any further back). So basically you're saying anything less than being on course for automatic promotion six matches in is unacceptable. Who's to say one of the teams on 11 points or less won't finish in the top two with us(!), whether you reckon their performance is acceptable or otherwise.

I'm sick and tired of you coming on here giving it all this as if the fact you support the most successful team in England for the past 30 years makes you some football pundit extraordinaire. You support them because you're a glory hunting barstard like the rest of their long distance fans. It doesn't make you special, it doesn't make you deserving of kudos.

Jacket, mate! DO NOT FEED THE TROLL.

I'l be honest, he is a bright lad and has a reasonable understanding of the game...but he is a wind up merchant. IGNORE HIM.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 04:51 - Sep 1 with 1215 viewsSTID2017

16 ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 18:35 - Sep 1 with 1038 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 22:55 - Aug 31 by Jacket

We have one of, if not the best squad in the entire league. Yes of course anything less than being on course for automatic promotion is unacceptable.

How many other teams have players like £20m Andrew Ayew and £15m Baston starting upfront for them each week?

How many other teams have the ability to leave players like Tom Carroll and Kyle Naughton in the reserves in this league?

We should be targeting promotion. We should be targeting large amounts of points each month. Just because one of the most depressing managers we've had in years deliberately lowered expectations last year, you do not have to carry that mentality on now he's left.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 07:16 - Sep 2 with 917 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 18:35 - Sep 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

We have one of, if not the best squad in the entire league. Yes of course anything less than being on course for automatic promotion is unacceptable.

How many other teams have players like £20m Andrew Ayew and £15m Baston starting upfront for them each week?

How many other teams have the ability to leave players like Tom Carroll and Kyle Naughton in the reserves in this league?

We should be targeting promotion. We should be targeting large amounts of points each month. Just because one of the most depressing managers we've had in years deliberately lowered expectations last year, you do not have to carry that mentality on now he's left.

Correct Dwight. And we are. 16 out of 18 , carry that on and we’re headed for 115-120 points.

What Should Be A Realistic Points Target for August? on 07:17 - Sep 2 with 916 viewsBrynmill_Jack

You know it makes sense!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024