Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? 06:36 - Jun 21 with 55047 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If this is true we’d be mad not to say yes. Only caveat being that Cooper must have funds to replace him. Even better if we could bump it up to £15million

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/06/20/report-sheffield-united-confident-of-signi

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 06:40 - Jun 21 with 11511 viewsHeadmaster

Replacing a 20+ goal striker will not be easy. We were lacking depth in that department to begin with.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 06:57 - Jun 21 with 11445 viewsbermudajack

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 06:40 - Jun 21 by Headmaster

Replacing a 20+ goal striker will not be easy. We were lacking depth in that department to begin with.

£12 M for A 23 yr old 20 plus championship striker???
(coooer will not see any of that money BTW)
It’s nowhere near the price required!
We must be starting the negotiations at £25M at least or walk away...
We’ll probably get the “player wanted the move” tag soon 🙄

Poll: Priority for new manager?

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 06:59 - Jun 21 with 11440 viewsphact0rri

We'd be silly not to take it, though being how he's not pulled up trees in that level for us in the past, I find this feeling like a rumour. Or maybe thats the loud prayers we don't lose him.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 07:08 - Jun 21 with 11408 viewsItchySphincter

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 06:59 - Jun 21 by phact0rri

We'd be silly not to take it, though being how he's not pulled up trees in that level for us in the past, I find this feeling like a rumour. Or maybe thats the loud prayers we don't lose him.

We’re not at that level, duh......

Mad to sell him.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 07:23 - Jun 21 with 11355 viewsmagicdaps10

12 would be an absolute joke!
Home Grown
Over 20 goals
Only 23
Long contract.

In todays market, you have to be looking at 20M.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 07:36 - Jun 21 with 11314 views34dfgdf54

£12m is a shocking price for a young proven goalscorer at this level.

Just please get in your head NO money will be reinvested into the squad due to the "black hole", we sell our best players in bulk every window, we will get relegated it's as simple as that.

Edit - The more I read your post the more I get confused, what in your head is telling you that we'd be "mad" to turn down £12m. Madness.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2019 7:38]
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 07:38 - Jun 21 with 11308 viewspencoedjack

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 07:36 - Jun 21 by 34dfgdf54

Just please get in your head NO money will be reinvested into the squad due to the "black hole", we sell our best players in bulk every window, we will get relegated it's as simple as that.

Edit - The more I read your post the more I get confused, what in your head is telling you that we'd be "mad" to turn down £12m. Madness.

This^
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 07:41 - Jun 21 with 11291 viewsFireboy2

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 07:36 - Jun 21 by 34dfgdf54

Agreed
Login to get fewer ads

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 07:42 - Jun 21 with 11292 viewsCaptain_Sham

If it closes the "black hole" once and for all, and we can stay up without him. ( A BIG if) then ship him out.

Its just a ride.

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 07:44 - Jun 21 with 11279 viewsphact0rri

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 07:08 - Jun 21 by ItchySphincter

We’re not at that level, duh......

Mad to sell him.

Pretty sure he was featuring in our last EPL season...

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 07:52 - Jun 21 with 11234 views34dfgdf54

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 07:44 - Jun 21 by phact0rri

Pretty sure he was featuring in our last EPL season...

He went out on loan half way through to Barnsley. From what I remember he made a big impact when coming on against Watford with the two late goals to give us a glimmer of hope.

Ross McCormack went for £13m when he was 29.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 08:13 - Jun 21 with 11169 viewsdameedna

Very good player. If he wants out the club wont stand in his way.

I hope he stays another season.

He is a 20 million + player so selling at 12 is shortsighted and ill advised.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 09:11 - Jun 21 with 10990 viewsswan65split

Fire sale! .......what fire sale?"!!

Next level.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 09:28 - Jun 21 with 10926 viewsAlfieMooresSon

If this is true we’d be mad not to say yes. Only caveat being that Cooper must have funds to replace him. Even better if we could bump it up to £15million

You're having a laugh aren't you, it will be new swimming pools all round!
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 09:31 - Jun 21 with 10908 viewsAlfieMooresSon

James Gone - Burnie going - who's next how are we supposed to progress selling all of our best players all the time.

We saw what happened in the Premiership relegation, where will we end up 2nd division?

There is no benefit in selling unless all the money comes back in for more players
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 09:44 - Jun 21 with 10877 viewsBadlands

If an offer comes inform a Premier League club McBurnie is going to jump at the chance and Swansea City Football Club will sell because all clubs sell players when it makes financial sense and the player wants to move on.
I'm confident Birch will ensure we get the best deals possible which will take into account transfer, wages and 'fees'.
The key to transfers in will be moving the Ayews and Borja & until that happens don't expect much movement.
Should McBunie leave we will get a new centre forward but almost certainly from a lower leagues or from other teams academies for whom we would be a steppingstone.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 09:47 - Jun 21 with 10869 viewsLeonWasGod

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 06:40 - Jun 21 by Headmaster

This. Trouble is people have been conditioned to think like accountants and not supporters these days.

We'd be fecking nuts to let McB go unless we really have to.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 09:50 - Jun 21 with 10849 viewsjack247

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 09:44 - Jun 21 by Badlands

If an offer comes inform a Premier League club McBurnie is going to jump at the chance and Swansea City Football Club will sell because all clubs sell players when it makes financial sense and the player wants to move on.
I'm confident Birch will ensure we get the best deals possible which will take into account transfer, wages and 'fees'.
The key to transfers in will be moving the Ayews and Borja & until that happens don't expect much movement.
Should McBunie leave we will get a new centre forward but almost certainly from a lower leagues or from other teams academies for whom we would be a steppingstone.

Yeah, we’ll sign a back up to CBR. Nice one Steve and Jase.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 10:01 - Jun 21 with 10806 viewsGaz_M

12m a decent price 2 years ago. Not enough now.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 10:03 - Jun 21 with 10802 viewsJacket

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 06:57 - Jun 21 by bermudajack

£12 M for A 23 yr old 20 plus championship striker???
(coooer will not see any of that money BTW)
It’s nowhere near the price required!
We must be starting the negotiations at £25M at least or walk away...
We’ll probably get the “player wanted the move” tag soon 🙄

Negotiations for £25m would end there as he'll struggle to reach double figures in the Premier League. Looked like little boy lost in the admittedly rare chances he got with us at that level, and despite reaching 20 goals in the Championship, did little to persuade me he's up to the step up. If I thought the £12m would be spent on the team I'd be all for it, but chances are it'll go down the same black hole as Dan James' fee. The only thing in it's favour is that an extra £12m would make the club more attractive to prospective buyers, so we can get rid of this shower of shite of a syndicate once and for all.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 10:08 - Jun 21 with 10778 viewsLeonWasGod

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 10:01 - Jun 21 by Gaz_M

12m a decent price 2 years ago. Not enough now.

It was a decent price last summer too, and not a lot has changed since them. Vydra went to Burnley for £11m last summer.

I'm far from convinced Ollie's got the pace and strength to make it in the PL, so whatever we get for him (if he moves) I can see it being a waste for both teams. Keep him if we can as we'd have been stuffed without his goals last season (none of our other forwards offer a regular threat).
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 10:11 - Jun 21 with 10770 viewsLeonWasGod

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 10:03 - Jun 21 by Jacket

Negotiations for £25m would end there as he'll struggle to reach double figures in the Premier League. Looked like little boy lost in the admittedly rare chances he got with us at that level, and despite reaching 20 goals in the Championship, did little to persuade me he's up to the step up. If I thought the £12m would be spent on the team I'd be all for it, but chances are it'll go down the same black hole as Dan James' fee. The only thing in it's favour is that an extra £12m would make the club more attractive to prospective buyers, so we can get rid of this shower of shite of a syndicate once and for all.

Yep, agree on all points.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 10:24 - Jun 21 with 10727 viewsNeath_Jack

Premier League club make a genuine offer for one of our players, player will be gone by his choice. The only thing we can do is negotiate the best price that we can get.

Save me the "stick him in the reserves to rot" nonsense.

If he wants out, out he will go.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 10:29 - Jun 21 with 10710 viewsjack247

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 10:24 - Jun 21 by Neath_Jack

Premier League club make a genuine offer for one of our players, player will be gone by his choice. The only thing we can do is negotiate the best price that we can get.

Save me the "stick him in the reserves to rot" nonsense.

If he wants out, out he will go.

It’s more the inevitable ‘replace him for peanuts’ scenario that people take issue with.

Selling your best players and reinvesting is part of the game for almost every club. Managed decline isn’t.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 10:33 - Jun 21 with 10692 viewsjasper_T

We looked good in games without him last season. But we had DJ then.

Finishing chances wasn't our strong point, but we were creative enough through the whole team after Christmas. Ideally we'd want a Sinclair-type to come in on the left and bulk up those numbers. Routledge was class leading the line, and we've got loads who want to play at 10 (Celina, McKay, Byers).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024