Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? 06:36 - Jun 21 with 55733 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If this is true we’d be mad not to say yes. Only caveat being that Cooper must have funds to replace him. Even better if we could bump it up to £15million

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/06/20/report-sheffield-united-confident-of-signi

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 11:07 - Jul 9 with 2491 viewsFireboy2

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 11:00 - Jul 9 by Badlands

If he wasn't playing no one else would have scored!

We dont have another striker to score those 24 goals.

And before you say we had CBR, that useless tvvat couldnt hit a cows @rse with a banjo.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 11:15 - Jul 9 with 2447 views34dfgdf54

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 10:28 - Jul 9 by jasper_T

I think like most people who have watched us play over the last 6 months or so they wouldn't consider our current squad minus McBurnie to be anywhere near relegation contention.

You're a stats bloke.

What number of goals did we score last year, which didn't include an assist/goalscorer with the name McBurnie and James. Genuine question, I don't know the answer, just curious.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 11:23 - Jul 9 with 2425 viewsjasper_T

Derby got to the playoffs with only one of their strikers getting to 10 goals. If you play good football and create chances across the team (as we have been) then a single 20+ goal a season striker isn't a requirement to survive the division.

I would hope Potter's already looking at someone with a finishing touch to replace DJ. Byers is a goalscorer, bagged plenty for the u23s. Celina can improve in that regard, scored some great goals but his overall stats for putting away chances were abysmal.

Despite his reputation Routledge proved a relatively reliable finisher last season. And 5 goals from right back is a pretty good knock for Connor.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 11:29 - Jul 9 with 2408 viewsdobjack2

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 10:28 - Jul 9 by jasper_T

I think like most people who have watched us play over the last 6 months or so they wouldn't consider our current squad minus McBurnie to be anywhere near relegation contention.

If Mcburnie left and we had no further signings would I see us as relegation candidates - potentially as there don’t appear to be enough goals in the squad.

However I will speculate no further until I know our final squad and have seen at least half a dozen games.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 11:31 - Jul 9 with 2393 views34dfgdf54

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 11:23 - Jul 9 by jasper_T

Derby got to the playoffs with only one of their strikers getting to 10 goals. If you play good football and create chances across the team (as we have been) then a single 20+ goal a season striker isn't a requirement to survive the division.

I would hope Potter's already looking at someone with a finishing touch to replace DJ. Byers is a goalscorer, bagged plenty for the u23s. Celina can improve in that regard, scored some great goals but his overall stats for putting away chances were abysmal.

Despite his reputation Routledge proved a relatively reliable finisher last season. And 5 goals from right back is a pretty good knock for Connor.

I doubt Potter is that bothered either way.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 12:03 - Jul 9 with 2344 viewsSwanseaman

Seems to be someone in the know:

[Post edited 9 Jul 2019 12:04]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 12:47 - Jul 9 with 2243 viewsSwanseaman

Just in, Brenford are holding out for at least £20M, but wanting more like £22M

https://www.sheffieldunited.news/news/report-sheffield-united-ready-to-pay-16-5m

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 12:48 - Jul 9 with 2238 viewsHighjack

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 11:00 - Jul 9 by Badlands

If he wasn't playing no one else would have scored!

It’s the gylfi/llorente nonsense all over again. Football is all about scoring goals. If you take away the guy who’s creating goals and the guy putting in those goals suddenly those 2-1 wins become 0-1 defeats.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 12:52 - Jul 9 with 2222 viewsNeath_Jack

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 12:03 - Jul 9 by Swanseaman

Seems to be someone in the know:

[Post edited 9 Jul 2019 12:04]

I won't believe it until that transfer GOD, Nixon tweets about it.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 12:55 - Jul 9 with 2213 viewsLeonWasGod

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 12:48 - Jul 9 by Highjack

It’s the gylfi/llorente nonsense all over again. Football is all about scoring goals. If you take away the guy who’s creating goals and the guy putting in those goals suddenly those 2-1 wins become 0-1 defeats.

Yep. This x1,001
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:00 - Jul 9 with 2195 viewsJacket

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 12:52 - Jul 9 by Neath_Jack

I won't believe it until that transfer GOD, Nixon tweets about it.

He's obviously lost his mole in Fairwood. Seemed to get everything right last summer but ain't got a clue this time round.

Hopefully the talk about a £10m bid for Mc Burnie is them showing this guy they have other options.

Surely Ollie can see he's young, has plenty of time, would benefit from another season in the Championship, and that Sheffield Utd are in for a monumental struggle. Better off where you are at the mo kid.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:09 - Jul 9 with 2148 viewsLeonWasGod

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 11:23 - Jul 9 by jasper_T

We got relegated with one of our strikers scoring 12 goals, and that was in the PL where you need fewer goals. The problem we've had for years is that others across the team do very little to chip in. None of our wingers or midfielders are going to step up with the 10-15 goals needed if we don't have someone like Oli. They never have done, and are highly unlikely to start now.

e.g. Routledge & Dyer - max 6 goals in a season. Dyer over his career spanning 14 years has only scored 5 more league goals (27) than Oli managed last season (22). Wayne has scored fewer (21) in his 8 years with us than Oli managed last season.

Without Dan and Oli we'd be in a bit of a pickle next season. I think we'd be too organised and closely knit to go down (but yet to be seen how we respond to Cooper). But it's likely we'd be a lot nearer to the bottom than the top.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:14 - Jul 9 with 2116 viewsSwanseaman

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:00 - Jul 9 by Jacket

He's obviously lost his mole in Fairwood. Seemed to get everything right last summer but ain't got a clue this time round.

Hopefully the talk about a £10m bid for Mc Burnie is them showing this guy they have other options.

Surely Ollie can see he's young, has plenty of time, would benefit from another season in the Championship, and that Sheffield Utd are in for a monumental struggle. Better off where you are at the mo kid.

Exactly. for his own development, he's at the best place right now. at only just turned 23, I'd say 2 more years with us and then decide about the premiership. By then it may even be with us - if the club use their heads and keep building.

i can't see a move to the premiership with a different club good for him right now, how many games will he spend on the bench, it will be the opposite from developing - he would be going backwards in his progress.

the temptation will be the difficult thing, how many can't resist. if he can see that there is no rush, that he can bide his time, improve, then there is a much better chance of becoming a premiership regular player when he gets there.

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:23 - Jul 9 with 2080 viewsdameedna

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 12:48 - Jul 9 by Highjack

I dont see us replacing Ollie easily and losing DJ is a blow.

Playmaker gotta hope Celina stays though quite happy with Byers or maybe even Carroll.

Losing McBurnie will be tough.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:26 - Jul 9 with 2071 viewsjasper_T

He was 100% convinced DJ was going to United long before it finally went through (although it was an open secret for weeks anyway).

Other than that maybe there's not much happening to have a clue about? Only Bidwell which flew under everyone's radar.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:28 - Jul 9 with 2061 viewsjasper_T

Sort out the set pieces and it's a 0-0 draw.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:30 - Jul 9 with 2049 viewsNeath_Jack

If any premeier league club have a bid accepted by us, all of our players would jump at the chance.

There is no way they will chose to stay with us, never mind about him being young, being in the best place stuff, you won't see his scottish/english ring piece for dust.

Sooner our fans accept that, the less hurt they will be when / if it happens.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:45 - Jul 9 with 1984 viewsdameedna

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:30 - Jul 9 by Neath_Jack

If any premeier league club have a bid accepted by us, all of our players would jump at the chance.

There is no way they will chose to stay with us, never mind about him being young, being in the best place stuff, you won't see his scottish/english ring piece for dust.

Sooner our fans accept that, the less hurt they will be when / if it happens.

Sure thing no doubt whatsoever.

For years Nestle said they were good for babies. It was almost libellous to claim Nestle sell a poor baby product.

Birch and Cooper need to work hard as so far it has been rhetoric. Swansea is not a credible club yet. Bob Bradley is in the recent memory. Cant really trust the clubs judgement. Including the DJ error.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 14:06 - Jul 9 with 1920 views34dfgdf54

What has he got wrong?

Insisted Potter was off even when the news was coming out we had offered new contract, knew James was going to United, albeit being well publicised as Jasper said.

Other than that, I can't think of anything he has said which has been wide of mark?
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 14:16 - Jul 9 with 1902 viewsLeonWasGod

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:28 - Jul 9 by jasper_T

The spirit of Sousa is strong in this one
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 14:19 - Jul 9 with 1892 viewsjack247

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:28 - Jul 9 by jasper_T

Turning 2-1 wins into 0-0 draws. That’s the spirit.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 14:26 - Jul 9 with 1865 viewsHighjack

These creative players and goal scorers completely ruin the shape of a team.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 14:38 - Jul 9 with 1816 views34dfgdf54

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 14:19 - Jul 9 by jack247

Turning 2-1 wins into 0-0 draws. That’s the spirit.

Can't go wrong with that.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 18:21 - Jul 9 with 1588 viewsjackrmee

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:45 - Jul 9 by dameedna

Sure thing no doubt whatsoever.

For years Nestle said they were good for babies. It was almost libellous to claim Nestle sell a poor baby product.

Birch and Cooper need to work hard as so far it has been rhetoric. Swansea is not a credible club yet. Bob Bradley is in the recent memory. Cant really trust the clubs judgement. Including the DJ error.

Nestle? What?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 18:43 - Jul 9 with 1524 viewsItchySphincter

F*ck me.

Plant.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024