Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? 06:36 - Jun 21 with 55503 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If this is true we’d be mad not to say yes. Only caveat being that Cooper must have funds to replace him. Even better if we could bump it up to £15million

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/06/20/report-sheffield-united-confident-of-signi

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:19 - Jun 21 with 2287 viewsItchySphincter

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 07:44 - Jun 21 by phact0rri

Pretty sure he was featuring in our last EPL season...

WTF?! Go outside and shake yourself.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:20 - Jun 21 with 2287 viewsTaliesin

"..we will be losing at building"

Huw coming back is he?.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:22 - Jun 21 with 2281 viewsmonmouth

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:10 - Jun 21 by MrSwerve

As he’s contracted, we can tell them to F off and McB will have to suck it up. Depends then how much he sulks...which is the problem with modern football.

He’s far more important to us than 12m (maybe a different story for the yanks). Unless someone comes in with a silly offer (20m+) then we simply have to keep him.

Oh yes, I agree we should play hardball, but generally it’s just a matter of haggling about the price. We did it with Rangel though, and he settled down quickly. So yes, we certainly shouldn’t accept any old offer and 12m in today’s market feels low.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:23 - Jun 21 with 2278 viewsvetchonian

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:09 - Jun 21 by Taliesin

Or if we're really lucky another Tommy Mutton

The idea of selling to fill the 'black hole' is all very well, but if we go down again another black hole opens up, leading to another fire sale ad infinitum

Dont get me wrong, Idont think selling Ollie is wise but as others have said..when a PL club comes calling it is hard to hold on to that player.

We need to replace Ollie's goals...someone commented about replacing from "lower satndard" of football...I was just using the Vardy example....hey we have signed a so called goal machine from SPain In Baston from a "recognised" level....look at how that turned out.....
Hopefully our new recruitment team will source capable players within our budget....like we used to!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:25 - Jun 21 with 2269 viewsItchySphincter

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 10:55 - Jun 21 by Brynmill_Jack

No pace and no strength. He won’t do well in the PL. if we get 15 for him I’m sure Coope already has a replacement in mind. We really need two, an older experienced head and a young pacy striker, maybe from abroad where we can get better value.

Borja Baston is it?

F*ck me, our fans, what a bunch of arseholes. 😟

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 14:12 - Jun 21 with 2186 viewsLuther27

Marvellous. We sell him for £12 million etc and just nip down the local 20 plus goals a season striker shop and buy a new one for circa £5 million? Ffs people wake up!
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 14:21 - Jun 21 with 2162 viewsFlashberryjack

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 14:12 - Jun 21 by Luther27

Marvellous. We sell him for £12 million etc and just nip down the local 20 plus goals a season striker shop and buy a new one for circa £5 million? Ffs people wake up!

We won't be spending anything like £5 million on a replacement striker.

Grimes, Roberts and Cellina could well be the next out if other clubs come a knocking.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 14:23 - Jun 21 with 2157 viewsjack247

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:23 - Jun 21 by vetchonian

Dont get me wrong, Idont think selling Ollie is wise but as others have said..when a PL club comes calling it is hard to hold on to that player.

We need to replace Ollie's goals...someone commented about replacing from "lower satndard" of football...I was just using the Vardy example....hey we have signed a so called goal machine from SPain In Baston from a "recognised" level....look at how that turned out.....
Hopefully our new recruitment team will source capable players within our budget....like we used to!

The point I was making was that if you keep replacing players on the cheap, you eventually end up with a worse team.

Yes, some non league players make the step up. The vast majority don’t.
Login to get fewer ads

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 14:28 - Jun 21 with 2148 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 14:23 - Jun 21 by jack247

The point I was making was that if you keep replacing players on the cheap, you eventually end up with a worse team.

Yes, some non league players make the step up. The vast majority don’t.

Norwich made a decent go of it.

I'm sure they would have loved to keep Maddison and the Murphys but it wasn't realistic given their financial situation. A club can still progress and prosper if they make the right appointments.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 14:40 - Jun 21 with 2101 viewsswan65split

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 14:21 - Jun 21 by Flashberryjack

We won't be spending anything like £5 million on a replacement striker.

Grimes, Roberts and Cellina could well be the next out if other clubs come a knocking.

Spot on.,.......remember, theres no fire sale...its re building... ffs
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 14:51 - Jun 21 with 2070 viewsjack247

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 14:28 - Jun 21 by jasper_T

I'm sure they would have loved to keep Maddison and the Murphys but it wasn't realistic given their financial situation. A club can still progress and prosper if they make the right appointments.

Norwich getting promoted is getting like Leicester winning the PL.

Continually weakening your squad is not often a route to progression.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 14:52 - Jun 21 with 2071 viewsdobjack2

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 14:28 - Jun 21 by jasper_T

I agree that it all comes down to making the right replacement signings.

If Mcburnie grimes and VDH follow James out, it could happen with rumours regarding the first 2 and VDH in the last year of his contract, then there would be a lot of replacements required in addition to the gaps that we already have in the squad.

Smart recruitment is vital.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 15:10 - Jun 21 with 2023 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 14:51 - Jun 21 by jack247

What was Sheffield United coming second, then?

The idea that teams will inevitably weaken without a positive net transfer spend is Premier League thinking.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 15:11 - Jun 21 with 2018 viewsGlyn1

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 12:03 - Jun 21 by Captain_Sham

He showed glimpses of belonging in the Prem when he was given a chance. Assist for first goal at Watford etc. If I'm honest Id say 12m is slightly low. He can knock em in. Surely we have to accept no one who does well with us is going to stay with us.
By the way I'm on record here and now. We have no chance of getting promoted this season.

None.

NONE.

I don't think anyone had predicted that we'd be promoted this season.

Leeds, Middlesbrough and West Brom must be the favourites.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? (n/t) on 15:12 - Jun 21 with 2011 viewsGlyn1

[Post edited 21 Jun 2019 15:16]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 15:13 - Jun 21 with 2006 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 15:11 - Jun 21 by Glyn1

Woodgate's Boro? Not sure about that one tbf.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 15:21 - Jun 21 with 1973 viewsvetchonian

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 14:51 - Jun 21 by jack247

Ashley Williams came from Lg2 whislt we were in Lg1 I think prior to which he had played no-league...didint cost us a fortune and did he weaken our squad? He contimued with us to the PL

I get the point that selling as asset such as a consistent goal scorer as Ollie is flawed if not replaced with similar "quality" but our secret to success since Roberrtos days was finding the "gem" from "lower" league at an economic price.
IT would be crazy for us to sell Ollie and then rely on CBR and Wayne....Our problem is other clubs will all be looking to do the same.

Buying form lower leagues doesnt always mean that you are weakening your squad.
Look at the goosip pages on BBC Football most PL clubs are in for foreign players. What happens to palyers from their acadamies who are released?

They may end up at lower league level....those with true potential then shione at that level...those are the type of players to look for and there are some out there.

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 15:35 - Jun 21 with 1942 viewsgrabsplatter

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 15:21 - Jun 21 by vetchonian

Ashley Williams came from Lg2 whislt we were in Lg1 I think prior to which he had played no-league...didint cost us a fortune and did he weaken our squad? He contimued with us to the PL

I get the point that selling as asset such as a consistent goal scorer as Ollie is flawed if not replaced with similar "quality" but our secret to success since Roberrtos days was finding the "gem" from "lower" league at an economic price.
IT would be crazy for us to sell Ollie and then rely on CBR and Wayne....Our problem is other clubs will all be looking to do the same.

Look at the goosip pages on BBC Football most PL clubs are in for foreign players. What happens to palyers from their acadamies who are released?

They may end up at lower league level....those with true potential then shione at that level...those are the type of players to look for and there are some out there.

Agree with that completely but I think a lot of us have no confidence in the recruitment process at the club given the disastrous transfers over the last few years.
If the new lot can identify & bring in players that shine like Rangel, Dyer, Ash et al then fine but it's a big if.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 15:48 - Jun 21 with 1898 viewsswan65split

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 15:21 - Jun 21 by vetchonian

I think you"ll find we are a different Club , miles away from where we were then.........and nothing in life is for certain,
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 16:05 - Jun 21 with 1855 viewsvetchonian

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 15:35 - Jun 21 by grabsplatter

Agree with that completely but I think a lot of us have no confidence in the recruitment process at the club given the disastrous transfers over the last few years.
If the new lot can identify & bring in players that shine like Rangel, Dyer, Ash et al then fine but it's a big if.

Agree but a certain DoF is no longer at the club!
Hopefully the new team will be able to revert us to our previous modus operandi

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 16:07 - Jun 21 with 1849 viewsAustinIsOurHero

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 15:11 - Jun 21 by Glyn1

Why Boro?

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 16:17 - Jun 21 with 1832 viewsicecoldjack

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 07:36 - Jun 21 by 34dfgdf54

£12m is a shocking price for a young proven goalscorer at this level.

Just please get in your head NO money will be reinvested into the squad due to the "black hole", we sell our best players in bulk every window, we will get relegated it's as simple as that.

Edit - The more I read your post the more I get confused, what in your head is telling you that we'd be "mad" to turn down £12m. Madness.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2019 7:38]

^ This ^
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 16:40 - Jun 21 with 1769 viewsDippy

I'm not particularly bothered if we lose McBurnie... Anyone else? He's alright, but limited IMO, especially in our system, he seems to be a square peg

Poll: Cooper Out

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 16:47 - Jun 21 with 1743 viewsandrew

I honestly believe Birch isn’t this stupid.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 16:48 - Jun 21 with 1744 viewsvetchonian

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 15:48 - Jun 21 by swan65split

I think you"ll find we are a different Club , miles away from where we were then.........and nothing in life is for certain,

Dont disagree but the priciple of operation is still the same as we keep getting told we are in a state of reset and rebuilding......hopefully back to what gave us success that ultimately led us to being an identikit lower league PL club.....shelling out huge wedge for "free transfers" and on players who didnt fit our style but had had some history of shihning in a froeign league.

We know nothing is for certain....Wilf great for us first time around a disiaster on his return.Andre Ayew....didnt set the world aight first time .....enough said!
Baston,CLucas even Tammy....scored 23 goals bor the worzels ( albeit at Championship level) yet only managed 5 for us....thenn scores 25 goals last season....wrong team wrong system or not capable of the step up?

It looks on the face of it that Birch is trying to sort things out....Leon and Curt know how we were succesful,but like everything nothing stays the same and tweaks are needed....but I dont believe we have to spend big and spend look for "headline" players even is this current state of rebuild

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024