Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? 06:36 - Jun 21 with 55496 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If this is true we’d be mad not to say yes. Only caveat being that Cooper must have funds to replace him. Even better if we could bump it up to £15million

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/06/20/report-sheffield-united-confident-of-signi

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 17:01 - Jun 21 with 2122 viewsHip

If they aren't willing to pay 20-25 million they shouldn't even answer the phone. They have already said there isn't a bag of money to spend on a replacement. I highly doubt the combo of Baker-Richardson, Asoro, Biabi, and Cullen could replicate McBurnie's production.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 17:27 - Jun 21 with 2039 viewsOldjack

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 06:40 - Jun 21 by Headmaster

Replacing a 20+ goal striker will not be easy. We were lacking depth in that department to begin with.

This with knobs on

we can't keep on doing this ,only disaster awaits us

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 17:29 - Jun 21 with 2026 viewskarnataka

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 17:01 - Jun 21 by Hip

If they aren't willing to pay 20-25 million they shouldn't even answer the phone. They have already said there isn't a bag of money to spend on a replacement. I highly doubt the combo of Baker-Richardson, Asoro, Biabi, and Cullen could replicate McBurnie's production.

True, even if they all played together instead of him.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 17:45 - Jun 21 with 1992 viewsswan65split

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 16:48 - Jun 21 by vetchonian

Dont disagree but the priciple of operation is still the same as we keep getting told we are in a state of reset and rebuilding......hopefully back to what gave us success that ultimately led us to being an identikit lower league PL club.....shelling out huge wedge for "free transfers" and on players who didnt fit our style but had had some history of shihning in a froeign league.

We know nothing is for certain....Wilf great for us first time around a disiaster on his return.Andre Ayew....didnt set the world aight first time .....enough said!
Baston,CLucas even Tammy....scored 23 goals bor the worzels ( albeit at Championship level) yet only managed 5 for us....thenn scores 25 goals last season....wrong team wrong system or not capable of the step up?

It looks on the face of it that Birch is trying to sort things out....Leon and Curt know how we were succesful,but like everything nothing stays the same and tweaks are needed....but I dont believe we have to spend big and spend look for "headline" players even is this current state of rebuild

Sorting things out IMO would be off loading the shysters, not someone who may have an input into our future rebuilding, Oli not liked by some , but is with me, 22 goals ! Not many will score that amount. To me he was the only one showing any effort our last Season in Prem, then we shipped him out, then looked what happened.

Football is a close knit community and I am sure Clubs know whats going on at other Clubs, if theres little ambition and go at Swansea, then no one of any real future is going to join us, yep get rid of the top scorer and the hungry, and keep the shysters , yes sounds good.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 18:05 - Jun 21 with 1952 viewsLuther27

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 14:21 - Jun 21 by Flashberryjack

We won't be spending anything like £5 million on a replacement striker.

Grimes, Roberts and Cellina could well be the next out if other clubs come a knocking.

Look..do you know the quickest way to pay our alleged black hole? Get fkn promoted. We were two players and a less stubborn manager short of achieving the play offs last season. Why send out messages to the Yanks that supporters accept we have to sell our best players? If they want to then let them fight tooth and nail to get the supporters onside not fkn cower across the Atlantic. Until that happens then no we should t sell our better players and certainly it a striker who scores over 20 goals a season ffs
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 18:21 - Jun 21 with 1918 viewsNortbankboy

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 18:05 - Jun 21 by Luther27

Look..do you know the quickest way to pay our alleged black hole? Get fkn promoted. We were two players and a less stubborn manager short of achieving the play offs last season. Why send out messages to the Yanks that supporters accept we have to sell our best players? If they want to then let them fight tooth and nail to get the supporters onside not fkn cower across the Atlantic. Until that happens then no we should t sell our better players and certainly it a striker who scores over 20 goals a season ffs

£12mill I'd bite their hands off.
Never a premiership forward,can't even get Scotland's worst ever side.

£18mill for james
£12 mill for Mcbernie
Happy days.

I hate to say it, but you got hand it to Jenkins two great signings for the club
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 18:39 - Jun 21 with 1872 viewsjack247

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 15:10 - Jun 21 by jasper_T

What was Sheffield United coming second, then?

The idea that teams will inevitably weaken without a positive net transfer spend is Premier League thinking.

The idea that continually selling your best players (as we look like doing for the third season in a row) and replacing them with inferior players is acceptable, is lower league thinking.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 18:42 - Jun 21 with 1861 viewsjack247

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 18:21 - Jun 21 by Nortbankboy

£18mill for james
£12 mill for Mcbernie
Happy days.

I hate to say it, but you got hand it to Jenkins two great signings for the club

The academy is one of the most positive aspects of his legacy. Would be great if we could sell two f it’s products for £30m and reinvest most of it back into the team and academy.

Shame it’s needed to pay Andre Ayews wages really.
Login to get fewer ads

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 18:44 - Jun 21 with 1852 viewsNortbankboy

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 18:39 - Jun 21 by jack247

The idea that continually selling your best players (as we look like doing for the third season in a row) and replacing them with inferior players is acceptable, is lower league thinking.

If players are offered the chance to play at a higher standard and earn more
Money you are not going to stop them these days. A contract mean nothing.

But if clubs are willing to pay us over the odds for players.
Take it!
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 18:48 - Jun 21 with 1844 viewsNortbankboy

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 18:42 - Jun 21 by jack247

The academy is one of the most positive aspects of his legacy. Would be great if we could sell two f it’s products for £30m and reinvest most of it back into the team and academy.

Shame it’s needed to pay Andre Ayews wages really.

You are right.
I know a lot of were not happy when we bought
James £75k
McEnroe £100k
Crimes £1 mill
Van de r horn for £4 mill
But it is looking a good bit of business now
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 18:51 - Jun 21 with 1832 viewsjack247

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 18:44 - Jun 21 by Nortbankboy

If players are offered the chance to play at a higher standard and earn more
Money you are not going to stop them these days. A contract mean nothing.

But if clubs are willing to pay us over the odds for players.
Take it!

You’re missing the point.

No one begrudged Dan James going to Man United. I doubt many will begrudge McBurnie if he gets a PL move.

The academy was supposed to be our insurance policy against the financial impact of relegation. We won’t be able to reinvest much into the team because of the haphazard way we’ve been run the last few years.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 18:54 - Jun 21 with 1820 viewsjack247

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 18:48 - Jun 21 by Nortbankboy

You are right.
James £75k
McEnroe £100k
Crimes £1 mill

Nobody batted an eyelid when we bought any of them.

Sell the lot at their current value and it still wouldn’t cover the cost of an Ayew brother.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 18:58 - Jun 21 with 1817 viewsNortbankboy

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 18:51 - Jun 21 by jack247

You’re missing the point.

No one begrudged Dan James going to Man United. I doubt many will begrudge McBurnie if he gets a PL move.

The academy was supposed to be our insurance policy against the financial impact of relegation. We won’t be able to reinvest much into the team because of the haphazard way we’ve been run the last few years.

Yes I know where are coming from.
I'm just saying these are very good deals and you have to take them.

Then you have to invest some the money back into new players.
Like James and mcbernie,who only cost us £175 k between them.

Good young signings.well done the man who signed these players on
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 19:07 - Jun 21 with 1804 viewsjack247

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 18:58 - Jun 21 by Nortbankboy

If you’re implying selling players for £30m and replacing them for £175k is sustainable, I’m going to have to disagree with you.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 19:32 - Jun 21 with 1750 viewsHighjack

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 19:07 - Jun 21 by jack247

If you’re implying selling players for £30m and replacing them for £175k is sustainable, I’m going to have to disagree with you.

It is sustainable. It’s what got us to the top in the first place, but back then we had a good eye for the right cheap players. When trundle went to Bristol for what was big money for us at the time we brought in the likes of Scotland and Bodde and pratley for peanuts.

It’s inevitable in football that your best players move to bigger clubs for more money. Even Chelsea can’t keep hold of hazard.

It is the correct way to do it but you have to identify the right players.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 19:40 - Jun 21 with 1728 viewsLuther27

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 18:21 - Jun 21 by Nortbankboy

£18mill for james
£12 mill for Mcbernie
Happy days.

James cost him his job...and we gained up to £8 million. My point is Trevor, Leon etc read these posts and feedback. Why should OUR supporters give any sort of indication that we are happy to sell a 20 goal a season striker for a certain price? I’m not...I want our squad built on not whittled down. Yes....get rid of Andre, Baston. Jordan? he’d do a job. Can we afford him... well let Trevor find more radical thinking to achieve the required funds after all he’s getting paid enough.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 19:44 - Jun 21 with 1720 viewsvetchonian

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 18:58 - Jun 21 by Nortbankboy

Welcome back Chris

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 19:46 - Jun 21 with 1714 viewsjack247

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 19:32 - Jun 21 by Highjack

It is sustainable. It’s what got us to the top in the first place, but back then we had a good eye for the right cheap players. When trundle went to Bristol for what was big money for us at the time we brought in the likes of Scotland and Bodde and pratley for peanuts.

It’s inevitable in football that your best players move to bigger clubs for more money. Even Chelsea can’t keep hold of hazard.

It is the correct way to do it but you have to identify the right players.

No it isn’t. If it was, every club would be doing it and most of them would be profitable.

I’m not suggesting you can’t get diamonds for peanuts. I’m suggesting you can’t do it consistently.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 19:48 - Jun 21 with 1709 viewsswan65split

The same one who wasted mills on a couple of wasters, and cr*p.

Then sold us to the next level.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 19:49 - Jun 21 with 1703 viewsLuther27

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 18:48 - Jun 21 by Nortbankboy

You are right.
James £75k
McEnroe £100k
Crimes £1 mill

Very much agree. However we seem to have lost the personnel who identified these players in the first place. HJ and the old board along with Cameron Toshack and Gary Richards deserve all the credit for setting up this supply chain. But as I’ve already said we’ve lost the scouting network that served us well.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 19:50 - Jun 21 with 1699 viewsvetchonian

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 19:40 - Jun 21 by Luther27

James cost him his job...and we gained up to £8 million. My point is Trevor, Leon etc read these posts and feedback. Why should OUR supporters give any sort of indication that we are happy to sell a 20 goal a season striker for a certain price? I’m not...I want our squad built on not whittled down. Yes....get rid of Andre, Baston. Jordan? he’d do a job. Can we afford him... well let Trevor find more radical thinking to achieve the required funds after all he’s getting paid enough.

Jordan doesn’t want to play for us he made that quite clear last season when he refused to turn up for training.

Should have taken him for breach of contract

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 19:56 - Jun 21 with 1681 viewsLuther27

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 19:50 - Jun 21 by vetchonian

Jordan doesn’t want to play for us he made that quite clear last season when he refused to turn up for training.

Should have taken him for breach of contract

Yes we should have, plus we should have fined/suspended Siggy for the same offence before selling him. I’ve had my fill of these money grabbing bstds screwing us the fans.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 20:02 - Jun 21 with 1661 viewsOldjack

£18mill for james
£12 mill for Mcbernie
Happy days.

Happy days ?do you really believe this money will be invested in tidy replacements?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 20:03 - Jun 21 with 1656 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 17:01 - Jun 21 by Hip

Byers might find his u23s form in front of goal if played further forward.

If Oli goes our likely front 4 would be Routs, Dyer, Celina and DJ's replacement (since Cooper pointed that one out as a target).

Losing McBurnie doesn't mean we'll be relying on development players to do his job, but there would be more onus on the player we already know needs to be brought in on the wing to be good at kicking a ball in a net.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 20:05 - Jun 21 with 1649 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 19:56 - Jun 21 by Luther27

Yes we should have, plus we should have fined/suspended Siggy for the same offence before selling him. I’ve had my fill of these money grabbing bstds screwing us the fans.

If rarely pays to piss off the agents of top level players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024