Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? 06:36 - Jun 21 with 55720 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If this is true we’d be mad not to say yes. Only caveat being that Cooper must have funds to replace him. Even better if we could bump it up to £15million

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/06/20/report-sheffield-united-confident-of-signi

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 20:42 - Jun 22 with 2321 viewsBrynmill_Jack

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 11:28 - Jun 22 by Neath_Jack

I see the arse dribblers have now turned this around to be Birch trying to flog McBurnie, and not doing anything about trying to get rid of Ayew x 2 and Baston.

F*cking brilliant stuff.

Birch could be the best thing that’s happened to this club in nearly 20 years. We got a great price for Dan and I’m sure he will squeeze every penny out of a potential McBurnie sale .

I also think he’s doing his damndest to get the Ayews and Borja of the books too.

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 20:46 - Jun 22 with 2305 viewsjack247

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 20:42 - Jun 22 by Brynmill_Jack

Birch could be the best thing that’s happened to this club in nearly 20 years. We got a great price for Dan and I’m sure he will squeeze every penny out of a potential McBurnie sale .

I also think he’s doing his damndest to get the Ayews and Borja of the books too.

It’s not Birch’s fault we’re fcked
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 20:49 - Jun 22 with 2295 viewsBrynmill_Jack

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 16:45 - Jun 22 by Luther27

Just wrap it up will you. The post was about the Ollie sale. I don’t want to sell him...and I don’t think it should even be discussed. We should be adding to our squad. The old board couldn’t have financed our situation in the Premiership but people like you couldn’t accept. They’ve gone... they’re history. They don’t matter anymore. I’m pretty sure you’ll be pleased to know this is the last reply I can be arssd to give you numpty.

Ooooooh get her! You’re the one defending the incompetent c*nt. Wind your f*cling neck in

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 20:56 - Jun 22 with 2276 viewsBrynmill_Jack

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 20:46 - Jun 22 by jack247

Yes. I know. He’s trying very hard to repair Jenkins and Morgan’s negligence. I believe he has both the club’s financial and footballing health at heart.

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 22:21 - Jun 22 with 2169 viewsNortbankboy

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 20:46 - Jun 22 by jack247

Do you think your mate birch was be as successful as Huw jenkins?
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 22:26 - Jun 22 with 2159 viewsjack247

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 20:56 - Jun 22 by Brynmill_Jack

Yes. I know. He’s trying very hard to repair Jenkins and Morgan’s negligence. I believe he has both the club’s financial and footballing health at heart.

I’d say he’s trying to repair Levein and Kaplans negligence at least as much as their predecessors.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 22:29 - Jun 22 with 2154 viewsjack247

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 22:21 - Jun 22 by Nortbankboy

He’s not my mate.

I doubt he will enjoy the unprecedented success Huw Jenkins did for the majority of his tenure. Equally, I can’t see him stabbing the club in the heart the way our local hero did,
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 22:46 - Jun 22 with 2129 viewsFireboy2

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 22:21 - Jun 22 by Nortbankboy

Wow im shocked, no commas😱
Login to get fewer ads

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 22:50 - Jun 22 with 2119 viewsTNT

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 22:29 - Jun 22 by jack247

He’s not my mate.

I doubt he will enjoy the unprecedented success Huw Jenkins did for the majority of his tenure. Equally, I can’t see him stabbing the club in the heart the way our local hero did,

Maybe Huw and his crony sellouts would just like to fill what's left of the black hole... after all, he / they created the fuker.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 23:07 - Jun 22 with 2086 viewsdobjack2

No - I don’t think he will make himself a multi millionaire
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 23:18 - Jun 22 with 2066 viewsdameedna

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 12:30 - Jun 22 by Badlands

£17 million from elsewhere?

Where?

Ayews and Borja are just wanted off the books - any fee would be a bonus.

Rest of the squad is only worth around £30 million.

Apologies its 12 million assuming Ollie goes for 20m.

We would stand to lose Grimes, Connor, VDH, Naughton Olsson, Carroll and Montero.

Anywhere between 10 and 30 million it would be a broad range with the high end achieved by firstly trying to hang on and negotiate the best deals. That would hurt.

I guess Birch is thinking maximise the revenue from 2 or 3 sales to give Cooper a fighting chance.

Equally I think we could lose a further 6 to 8 players after DJ.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2019 23:20]
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 00:36 - Jun 23 with 1984 viewsBadlands

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 23:18 - Jun 22 by dameedna

Apologies its 12 million assuming Ollie goes for 20m.

We would stand to lose Grimes, Connor, VDH, Naughton Olsson, Carroll and Montero.

Anywhere between 10 and 30 million it would be a broad range with the high end achieved by firstly trying to hang on and negotiate the best deals. That would hurt.

I guess Birch is thinking maximise the revenue from 2 or 3 sales to give Cooper a fighting chance.

Equally I think we could lose a further 6 to 8 players after DJ.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2019 23:20]

If Birch can get AYews and Borja off the payroll (even with no fee) there will money for players.
If we get money for those players its all be a bonus and more money will be available.
If we get an offer that we can't refuse for a player and the player wants the move ... the player will go.
That money will be reinvested into the Swans.

Ollie for £20 million?
If Birch can get that he will officially retitled 'miracle worker',
(But never say never!)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 00:50 - Jun 23 with 1968 viewsswan65split

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 00:36 - Jun 23 by Badlands

If Birch can get AYews and Borja off the payroll (even with no fee) there will money for players.
If we get money for those players its all be a bonus and more money will be available.
If we get an offer that we can't refuse for a player and the player wants the move ... the player will go.

Ollie for £20 million?
(But never say never!)

No he wont. the waste of space Ayews and Borja away would swing the fans, as it is any sales would go against his statement,and lets be honest no one sees any incoming money being spent on new players, yep ass dripper her.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 00:55 - Jun 23 with 1961 viewsswan65split

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 16:45 - Jun 22 by Luther27

Just wrap it up will you. The post was about the Ollie sale. I don’t want to sell him...and I don’t think it should even be discussed. We should be adding to our squad. The old board couldn’t have financed our situation in the Premiership but people like you couldn’t accept. They’ve gone... they’re history. They don’t matter anymore. I’m pretty sure you’ll be pleased to know this is the last reply I can be arssd to give you numpty.

They do matter, its them thats fooked us up.....never forget,
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 01:02 - Jun 23 with 1958 viewsswan65split

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 15:41 - Jun 22 by Neath_Jack

McBurnie sells himself, no need for Birch to look for a buyer. And if the other 3 can’t be shifted then yeah, McBurnie and a few other players will be sold to cover them. It is was it is.

As for the rest, aye we know. Nothing to be gained from going over it every single day.

On we go 👊🏻👊🏻

Q...it is what it is,,,,,,As for the rest we know who will be defending the sellouts at every opportunity.,,,,,ass dripper her.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 01:05 - Jun 23 with 1956 viewsswan65split

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 15:28 - Jun 22 by jasper_T

People on here were fuming at the idea of selling "our best player" to Fulham for such a paltry sum. Expected £15m offers to come in.

Same with Fernandez. Fans and the club wanted to hold out for £10m. Got £2-3m on deadline day, and were fortunate to get it

Fernandez £2-3 mill and we were fortunate t get it?!!!.....grabbed it more like.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 05:11 - Jun 23 with 1890 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 01:05 - Jun 23 by swan65split

Fernandez £2-3 mill and we were fortunate t get it?!!!.....grabbed it more like.

We couldn't afford his wages, same as so many others we couldn't shift.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 07:51 - Jun 23 with 1810 viewsBrynmill_Jack

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 00:36 - Jun 23 by Badlands

Ollie for £20 million?
(But never say never!)

I can't fault any of that, much the way I feel about things. We are where we are at the moment precisely because of the wages of those three. If earlier reports were to be believed there was interest in Jordan Ayew from Palace and Southampton and the figure bandied about was 4-5 million.

I haven't heard anything about his brother moving but just to get him off the books a free transfer to a far/Middle eastern club with that big signing on fee he's fond of . If we could get upwards of anything by way of a fee then that's a massive bonus.

Also there was recent talk of Zaragoza signing Borja. If true a nominal fee (1-3 million) and that's another millstone from round the club's neck.

If we managed to recoup anywhere near 8-10 million for these three we should be able to offer Cooper funds as our liabilities wage wise would be matching our income.

If we continue selling our best players then the fans will have a right to shout about asset stripping.

Until then we simply must trust Birch and the Americans . No other option.

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 08:09 - Jun 23 with 1763 viewsNortbankboy

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 23:07 - Jun 22 by dobjack2

No - I don’t think he will make himself a multi millionaire

Well if he he gets 7 yrs in the premiership with all the money that comes into the club with that.
He deserves to be a millionaire.
Let's hope he can do,because I won't begrudge him one peny
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 08:10 - Jun 23 with 1763 views34dfgdf54

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 07:51 - Jun 23 by Brynmill_Jack

I can't fault any of that, much the way I feel about things. We are where we are at the moment precisely because of the wages of those three. If earlier reports were to be believed there was interest in Jordan Ayew from Palace and Southampton and the figure bandied about was 4-5 million.

I haven't heard anything about his brother moving but just to get him off the books a free transfer to a far/Middle eastern club with that big signing on fee he's fond of . If we could get upwards of anything by way of a fee then that's a massive bonus.

Also there was recent talk of Zaragoza signing Borja. If true a nominal fee (1-3 million) and that's another millstone from round the club's neck.

If we managed to recoup anywhere near 8-10 million for these three we should be able to offer Cooper funds as our liabilities wage wise would be matching our income.

If we continue selling our best players then the fans will have a right to shout about asset stripping.

Trust the Americans?

They were willing to let Dan James go for a £1.5m loan fee in January?! They are not to be trusted in any way, shape or form.

The way I see it, the money released for the Asoro and Celina signings last year was due to them thinking we would make over double than what we actually did in sales. One year down the line, still paying Ayew’s and Borja, once bitten, twice shy, no cash will be reinvested in the squad regardless of how much we got for James and will get if you get your way in flogging Mcburnie. We are in a perilous position if Mcburnie goes imo.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 08:16 - Jun 23 with 1748 viewsNortbankboy

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 08:10 - Jun 23 by 34dfgdf54

Trust the Americans?

They were willing to let Dan James go for a £1.5m loan fee in January?! They are not to be trusted in any way, shape or form.

The way I see it, the money released for the Asoro and Celina signings last year was due to them thinking we would make over double than what we actually did in sales. One year down the line, still paying Ayew’s and Borja, once bitten, twice shy, no cash will be reinvested in the squad regardless of how much we got for James and will get if you get your way in flogging Mcburnie. We are in a perilous position if Mcburnie goes imo.

He's right have to work with the yanks and hope they are lining a buyer.
As for selling James in jan,it was Jenkins who pulled the plug on that
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 09:27 - Jun 23 with 1623 viewsBrynmill_Jack

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 08:10 - Jun 23 by 34dfgdf54

Trust the Americans?

I agree with the ridiculous Dan to Leeds scenario but the appointment of Birch who knows the business inside out changes things in a big way. He's got contacts everywhere and is a respected football man. I'm not saying that all is going to be wine and roses from now on and if we got those three players off our books (and still looked to sell and weaken the squad further) I'll be out there with my placard next to you.

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 09:30 - Jun 23 with 1618 viewsdobjack2

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 08:09 - Jun 23 by Nortbankboy

Well if he he gets 7 yrs in the premiership with all the money that comes into the club with that.
He deserves to be a millionaire.
Let's hope he can do,because I won't begrudge him one peny

I don’t know whether you are a WUM but I do know that you are clearly the weakest link - goodbye
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 09:32 - Jun 23 with 1608 viewsjack247

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 09:27 - Jun 23 by Brynmill_Jack

I agree with the ridiculous Dan to Leeds scenario but the appointment of Birch who knows the business inside out changes things in a big way. He's got contacts everywhere and is a respected football man. I'm not saying that all is going to be wine and roses from now on and if we got those three players off our books (and still looked to sell and weaken the squad further) I'll be out there with my placard next to you.

It changes things if he manages to find clubs for the three deadweights and we either keep hold of our best players, or Cooper gets a decent chunk of whatever they sell for to strengthen.

Until that happens, it doesn’t change a huge amount.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 09:33 - Jun 23 with 1602 viewsBadlands

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 07:51 - Jun 23 by Brynmill_Jack

No one wants to pay the wages the Ayews or Borja currently receive let alone offer any money for them. And, there is no one interested in buying the Swans let lone at a price that would come close to the sum paid by the Americans for their shares.

AAB (plus Bony, Clucas, Mesa, Sanches, Abraham) were brought in very high costs in order to keep us in the PL. No penny pinching there or buying with a view to making a 'quick buck'. Some players were bought cheaply (relatively) in order to get value for money and possibly a profit when they leave - whatever will football clubs do next????? But the naysayers ignore the £130 million spent on transfers trying to stay in the Premier League from 2016 - 18.
That £130 million does not include wages.
Why were the costs so high?
Because as Laudrup, Guidolin, Clements and Carvalhal stated players were targeted but did not want to come to Swansea (Jenkins, Birch and Pearlman have also be heard to say the same).
Reality check - the club won't fail because of prudent ownership it will be down to fans staying away and others believing we have a god given right to be in the Premier League.
Last season we finished 12th in the second tier of the English pyramid. A feat we have only bettered 12 times in our history with 2 of those being relegations from the top league).

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024