Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris Johnson 19:39 - Jun 21 with 12532 viewsDarran

Scum.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/21/police-called-to-loud-altercati

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Boris Johnson on 17:43 - Jun 22 with 909 viewsbluey_the_blue

Boris Johnson on 17:37 - Jun 22 by Darran

Shut up you silly fool.

Thank you for putting in a tweet I agree with but had nothing to do with what I wrote.

People have jumped to assume BoJo must be guilty of DV because he's BoJo and a man. Remove BoJo from the equation and it's a lazy assumption.

We know nothing of what happened in the incident other than quoted neighbours. Initially quotes were damning for BoJo. The highlighted quotes show a different side. End of the day, we'll never know but people will still assume.
Boris Johnson on 17:44 - Jun 22 with 904 viewslondonlisa2001

Boris Johnson on 17:32 - Jun 22 by bluey_the_blue

Nice to see with little evidence people have rushed to blame BoJo ( who I can't stand ). Obviously he's a male, so must be at fault think some.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/22/boris-johnson-neighbour-intervi

I refer you to these quotes.

"Another neighbour, a nursery teacher who lives with her husband and four-year-old son in the top flat next door, told the Times that she could hear “shouting and screaming”.

Fatimah, 32, said: “It was really loud, loud enough to make me turn down the TV and see what was going on. I could hear shouting and screaming from a lady, she sounded really angry. There was a man’s voice too, but he was much calmer and he was telling her to calm down but she was still chucking things about,” she told the Times."

If true, that puts a different slant on things.

At the end of the day, we'll never know what really happened. Neither BoJo nor his partner are commenting, police aren't taking any action.

No one has rushed to anything.

The reports state that a neighbour (several it seems) heard a disturbance. One neighbour at least said they heard a woman’s voice shouting get off me and also screaming (confirmed by others).

The neighbour knocked on the door to see if everything was ok 3 times and when they didn’t get a response called the police.

Which is absolutely the right thing to do. The bit you’ve posted doesn’t put a different slant on anything at all.
Boris Johnson on 17:45 - Jun 22 with 899 viewslondonlisa2001

Boris Johnson on 17:43 - Jun 22 by bluey_the_blue

Thank you for putting in a tweet I agree with but had nothing to do with what I wrote.

People have jumped to assume BoJo must be guilty of DV because he's BoJo and a man. Remove BoJo from the equation and it's a lazy assumption.

We know nothing of what happened in the incident other than quoted neighbours. Initially quotes were damning for BoJo. The highlighted quotes show a different side. End of the day, we'll never know but people will still assume.

The highlighted quotes don’t show a different side even slightly Bluey.
Boris Johnson on 17:51 - Jun 22 with 884 viewsbluey_the_blue

Boris Johnson on 17:44 - Jun 22 by londonlisa2001

No one has rushed to anything.

The reports state that a neighbour (several it seems) heard a disturbance. One neighbour at least said they heard a woman’s voice shouting get off me and also screaming (confirmed by others).

The neighbour knocked on the door to see if everything was ok 3 times and when they didn’t get a response called the police.

Which is absolutely the right thing to do. The bit you’ve posted doesn’t put a different slant on anything at all.

Of course it was absolutely right to call the police, Lisa. Too many don't want to get involved - someone assaulted in street, people walk by or just film it for social media hits.

The bit posted wasn't to whitewash BoJo. If that quote is true, then it may well be the case BoJo wasn't the aggressor. Who knows? At the end of the day unless either party make public comment, we'll not know.
Boris Johnson on 17:53 - Jun 22 with 876 viewsbluey_the_blue

Boris Johnson on 17:45 - Jun 22 by londonlisa2001

There are different narratives tho, Lisa.

Original quotes intimate BoJo committing domestic violence. Those quotes intimate the other way. Again, until either party comment we simply don't know. I suspect the recording will leak soon enough.
Boris Johnson on 17:55 - Jun 22 with 872 viewsHighjack

It’s probably the sort of argument that most couples get into every now and again. The difference between them and us is our neighbours don’t automatically record it and send it to the guardian.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Boris Johnson on 17:56 - Jun 22 with 872 viewslondonlisa2001

Boris Johnson on 17:51 - Jun 22 by bluey_the_blue

Of course it was absolutely right to call the police, Lisa. Too many don't want to get involved - someone assaulted in street, people walk by or just film it for social media hits.

The bit posted wasn't to whitewash BoJo. If that quote is true, then it may well be the case BoJo wasn't the aggressor. Who knows? At the end of the day unless either party make public comment, we'll not know.

Why does her sounding panicked and screaming and him not mean he wasn’t the aggressor?

The bit about it being her throwing things is speculation. The neighbour can’t know who was doing what.

I’m not saying he did or didn’t do anything. I’m just pointing out your view that the comment changes stuff just simply isn’t true.

His private life is a car crash though. And totally unsuitable to be PM.
Boris Johnson on 17:56 - Jun 22 with 870 viewsDarran

Boris Johnson on 17:45 - Jun 22 by londonlisa2001

Of course it doesn’t but Blueys blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Boris Johnson on 17:57 - Jun 22 with 870 viewslondonlisa2001

Boris Johnson on 17:53 - Jun 22 by bluey_the_blue

There are different narratives tho, Lisa.

Original quotes intimate BoJo committing domestic violence. Those quotes intimate the other way. Again, until either party comment we simply don't know. I suspect the recording will leak soon enough.

They don’t do anything of the sort Bluey.
Boris Johnson on 17:59 - Jun 22 with 867 viewslondonlisa2001

Boris Johnson on 17:55 - Jun 22 by Highjack

It’s probably the sort of argument that most couples get into every now and again. The difference between them and us is our neighbours don’t automatically record it and send it to the guardian.

Most couples don’t have the police called and multiple neighbours having heard screaming.

That’s just nonsense.

The police advise people to record domestic disputes if it sounds bad by the way. Evidence if any prosecution is required. Same as them advising people to record noise nuisance type stuff.
Boris Johnson on 18:00 - Jun 22 with 863 viewsbluey_the_blue

Boris Johnson on 17:56 - Jun 22 by londonlisa2001

Why does her sounding panicked and screaming and him not mean he wasn’t the aggressor?

The bit about it being her throwing things is speculation. The neighbour can’t know who was doing what.

I’m not saying he did or didn’t do anything. I’m just pointing out your view that the comment changes stuff just simply isn’t true.

I didn't mean to imply the incident has suddenly gone from X to Y.

It's a case of who really knows what actually happened. Quotes issued in the media can fit all manner of scenarios.

Agree on the latter statement.
Boris Johnson on 18:08 - Jun 22 with 852 viewsDarran

Bluey The Bulb.

Boris Johnson on 18:15 - Jun 22 with 840 viewsDarran

Scruffy twàt he is too.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnsons-sock-inside-out-16782083.a

Boris Johnson on 18:17 - Jun 22 with 833 viewsHumpty

Boris Johnson on 17:56 - Jun 22 by londonlisa2001

Give up Lisa.

Absolutely nothing happened but if it did it was definitely her fault.
Boris Johnson on 18:18 - Jun 22 with 828 viewsbluey_the_blue

Boris Johnson on 18:17 - Jun 22 by Humpty

Give up Lisa.

Wasn't what I said at all but hey ho, keep on lying.
Boris Johnson on 18:20 - Jun 22 with 822 viewsHighjack

Boris Johnson on 17:59 - Jun 22 by londonlisa2001

Most couples don’t have the police called and multiple neighbours having heard screaming.

That’s just nonsense.

The police advise people to record domestic disputes if it sounds bad by the way. Evidence if any prosecution is required. Same as them advising people to record noise nuisance type stuff.

It’s not nonsense. I imagine you and your husband have arguments, everyone does from time to time. Sometimes they get loud. It’s just life.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Boris Johnson on 18:26 - Jun 22 with 806 viewssherpajacob

What if Johnson had a weapon like a knife or a collapsible truncheon and the police hadn't turned up.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Boris Johnson on 18:28 - Jun 22 with 800 viewsbluey_the_blue

Boris Johnson on 18:15 - Jun 22 by Darran

Scruffy twàt he is too.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnsons-sock-inside-out-16782083.a

Pot, kettle, absence of reflected light.
Boris Johnson on 18:29 - Jun 22 with 795 viewsHighjack

Boris Johnson on 18:17 - Jun 22 by Humpty

Give up Lisa.

In my considerable experience it’s always the mans fault during arguments.

Boris Johnson on 18:48 - Jun 22 with 754 viewsjonesw

Boris Johnson on 17:32 - Jun 22 by bluey_the_blue

Nice to see with little evidence people have rushed to blame BoJo ( who I can't stand ). Obviously he's a male, so must be at fault think some.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/22/boris-johnson-neighbour-intervi

I refer you to these quotes.

"Another neighbour, a nursery teacher who lives with her husband and four-year-old son in the top flat next door, told the Times that she could hear “shouting and screaming”.

Fatimah, 32, said: “It was really loud, loud enough to make me turn down the TV and see what was going on. I could hear shouting and screaming from a lady, she sounded really angry. There was a man’s voice too, but he was much calmer and he was telling her to calm down but she was still chucking things about,” she told the Times."

If true, that puts a different slant on things.

At the end of the day, we'll never know what really happened. Neither BoJo nor his partner are commenting, police aren't taking any action.

screaming and shouting from next door should never be ignored, lets not go back to the bad old days, where mind your own business its domestic was the norm, maybe my mum would have had less beatings from my old man
Boris Johnson on 18:52 - Jun 22 with 751 viewslondonlisa2001

Boris Johnson on 18:20 - Jun 22 by Highjack

It’s not nonsense. I imagine you and your husband have arguments, everyone does from time to time. Sometimes they get loud. It’s just life.

Obviously everyone has arguments, and shouts at each other.

That’s very different to having the police called because neighbours are concerned. I don’t know anyone that’s ever had the police called. I’ve heard neighbours shouting at each other (as I’m sure they have the other way round). But I’ve never heard anything that makes me concerned enough to call the police. Nor even to consider doing so.
Boris Johnson on 18:54 - Jun 22 with 750 viewsbluey_the_blue

Boris Johnson on 18:48 - Jun 22 by jonesw

screaming and shouting from next door should never be ignored, lets not go back to the bad old days, where mind your own business its domestic was the norm, maybe my mum would have had less beatings from my old man

I completely and utterly agree with you.

Too many don't give a sh1t these days. Attacks in the street these days? People would rather record for Instagram or whatever than get involved.

Even if it turns out to be a standard heated argument on both sides without any semblance of DV involved, it's always better to err on the side of caution and report. Police would prefer to attend when no action needed than not be informed and thus not attend a serious incident with all the consequences that can have.
Boris Johnson on 18:59 - Jun 22 with 736 viewsHighjack

Boris Johnson on 18:52 - Jun 22 by londonlisa2001

Obviously everyone has arguments, and shouts at each other.

That’s very different to having the police called because neighbours are concerned. I don’t know anyone that’s ever had the police called. I’ve heard neighbours shouting at each other (as I’m sure they have the other way round). But I’ve never heard anything that makes me concerned enough to call the police. Nor even to consider doing so.

The fact that this has been recorded and sent immediately to the guardian newspaper suggests that the concern for the safety of the neighbours were not high on their list of priorities.

Boris Johnson on 19:13 - Jun 22 with 721 viewslondonlisa2001

Boris Johnson on 18:59 - Jun 22 by Highjack

The fact that this has been recorded and sent immediately to the guardian newspaper suggests that the concern for the safety of the neighbours were not high on their list of priorities.

They knocked on the door three times and only when they received no answer, they called the police.

I’ve already said that the police advise recording it. It stops the issue about ‘no evidence’ which is all too prevalent, particularly as on many occasions the abused party, whether the woman or the man, don’t want to press charges or give evidence themselves.

On the giving it to the Guardian bit then if it was a ‘normal’ person or, for that matter a celebrity, however famous, I’d agree. Someone who is likely to be our prime minister in a few weeks, I’m not so sure. I think some aspects of their private life are a valid consideration for the general public.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2019 19:13]
Boris Johnson on 19:14 - Jun 22 with 715 viewsbluey_the_blue

Boris Johnson on 18:59 - Jun 22 by Highjack

Recording it was fine - it's evidence for police should the incident require it.

Going to the media though. Hmm.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024