Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris Johnson 19:39 - Jun 21 with 12596 viewsDarran

Scum.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/21/police-called-to-loud-altercati

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Boris Johnson on 19:21 - Jun 22 with 987 viewsHighjack

Boris Johnson on 19:13 - Jun 22 by londonlisa2001

They knocked on the door three times and only when they received no answer, they called the police.

I’ve already said that the police advise recording it. It stops the issue about ‘no evidence’ which is all too prevalent, particularly as on many occasions the abused party, whether the woman or the man, don’t want to press charges or give evidence themselves.

On the giving it to the Guardian bit then if it was a ‘normal’ person or, for that matter a celebrity, however famous, I’d agree. Someone who is likely to be our prime minister in a few weeks, I’m not so sure. I think some aspects of their private life are a valid consideration for the general public.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2019 19:13]

If you were Boris Johnson would you answer the door if someone knocked on it late at night? He probably gets journalists and protesters banging on his door every day. I wouldn’t answer it either.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Boris Johnson on 19:24 - Jun 22 with 984 viewslondonlisa2001

Boris Johnson on 19:21 - Jun 22 by Highjack

If you were Boris Johnson would you answer the door if someone knocked on it late at night? He probably gets journalists and protesters banging on his door every day. I wouldn’t answer it either.

That’s fine. In which case the people were right to call the police.
Boris Johnson on 19:34 - Jun 22 with 956 viewsbluey_the_blue

Boris Johnson on 19:24 - Jun 22 by londonlisa2001

That’s fine. In which case the people were right to call the police.

Indeed they were.

Were they right to go running to the Guardian, providing them with the recording? Absolutely not.

For one thing, if the Guardian either published a transcript or the actual audio then that could have the effect of sabotaging any trial. The argument would be how could a fair trial ensue if key evidence was made public?

I don't question Tom Penn's sincerity in calling the police - he was right to do so. I question his motivations for passing the recording to the Guardian.
Boris Johnson on 19:45 - Jun 22 with 936 viewslondonlisa2001

Boris Johnson on 19:34 - Jun 22 by bluey_the_blue

Indeed they were.

Were they right to go running to the Guardian, providing them with the recording? Absolutely not.

For one thing, if the Guardian either published a transcript or the actual audio then that could have the effect of sabotaging any trial. The argument would be how could a fair trial ensue if key evidence was made public?

I don't question Tom Penn's sincerity in calling the police - he was right to do so. I question his motivations for passing the recording to the Guardian.

Nope. I believe that it’s in the public interest to be made aware of serious issues or potentially serious issues involving those that hold the ultimate political power in this country.

Stupid, silly little stuff that harms no one - no - but this isn’t that.

Diane Abbott was pictured in the media drinking an M&S mojito and you didn’t complain that the person had sold the picture. This is potential domestic violence and you want to question the person’s motives?
Boris Johnson on 19:52 - Jun 22 with 920 viewsbluey_the_blue

Boris Johnson on 19:45 - Jun 22 by londonlisa2001

Nope. I believe that it’s in the public interest to be made aware of serious issues or potentially serious issues involving those that hold the ultimate political power in this country.

Diane Abbott was pictured in the media drinking an M&S mojito and you didn’t complain that the person had sold the picture. This is potential domestic violence and you want to question the person’s motives?

Even if that causes any court case to fail?

I question the motive behind going to the media, yes. Recording and contacting the police, absolutely right, the best things to do. At that point you let the police get on with their investigations.
Boris Johnson on 19:57 - Jun 22 with 907 viewslifelong

When Boris becomes PM will this partner of his become the ‘first lady’ so to speak?
Boris Johnson on 20:04 - Jun 22 with 895 viewslondonlisa2001

Boris Johnson on 19:52 - Jun 22 by bluey_the_blue

Even if that causes any court case to fail?

I question the motive behind going to the media, yes. Recording and contacting the police, absolutely right, the best things to do. At that point you let the police get on with their investigations.

The Guardian didn’t print it until it was established that a prosecution wouldn’t be brought.

So you’re making stuff up.
Boris Johnson on 20:08 - Jun 22 with 889 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Boris Johnson on 19:57 - Jun 22 by lifelong

When Boris becomes PM will this partner of his become the ‘first lady’ so to speak?

Hopefully his solicitor puts together an iron clad prenuptial agreement so she doesn't take much of what he has worked tirelessly to achieve over the past few decades.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

Boris Johnson on 20:16 - Jun 22 with 883 viewslondonlisa2001

Boris Johnson on 20:08 - Jun 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Hopefully his solicitor puts together an iron clad prenuptial agreement so she doesn't take much of what he has worked tirelessly to achieve over the past few decades.

He’s married to someone else Dwight.

The mother of some of his children.

Are you suggesting he will engage in bigamy?
Boris Johnson on 20:26 - Jun 22 with 866 viewsbluey_the_blue

Boris Johnson on 20:04 - Jun 22 by londonlisa2001

The Guardian didn’t print it until it was established that a prosecution wouldn’t be brought.

So you’re making stuff up.

I said *if* they had printed the transcript or released the audio.

Reporting police were called wouldn't potentially affect a trial. Publishing key evidence, IF THEY HAD DONE SO, could impact on any court proceedings.

So no, didn't make anything up.

Guardian still have the audio, still haven't pubished it.
Boris Johnson on 20:28 - Jun 22 with 859 viewslifelong

Boris Johnson on 20:08 - Jun 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I was thinking in the terms of it would be quite convenient for him is she did, they would have a permanent Police Officer outside the front door who could be utilised for domestic violence watch.
Boris Johnson on 20:29 - Jun 22 with 858 viewsjack247

‘Potential’ domestic violence is very ambiguous. Yes potentially he could have been beating her up, much like the Mark Field protester potentially could have been armed. In all likelihood, it’s the kind of late night argument many couples have every now and then (and she wasn’t).

I think it’s a national embarrassment this man is likely to be our prime minister and he does enough damage to his own reputation anyway. I’m not convinced he should be outed/implied as a wife beater in the press without fairly robust evidence.
Boris Johnson on 20:33 - Jun 22 with 846 viewslonglostjack

Boris Johnson on 19:14 - Jun 22 by bluey_the_blue

Recording it was fine - it's evidence for police should the incident require it.

Going to the media though. Hmm.

As much as I detest Boris and the Tories I have to agree. Hopefully Stewart’s mates in the intelligence services will be able to find some proper dirt on Boris. No doubt they’ve already vetted Hunt’s wife.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Boris Johnson on 20:41 - Jun 22 with 836 viewsbluey_the_blue

Boris Johnson on 20:33 - Jun 22 by longlostjack

As much as I detest Boris and the Tories I have to agree. Hopefully Stewart’s mates in the intelligence services will be able to find some proper dirt on Boris. No doubt they’ve already vetted Hunt’s wife.

You joke about that, but I'd imagine as a Chinese national she would be been part of any security clearance vetting of Hunt? I'd presume cabinet members undergo DV level clearance, though I'm sure ECB could correct me on that?
Boris Johnson on 21:01 - Jun 22 with 806 viewssherpajacob

Alison Pearson, telegraph journalist, says those who reported it should have their political allegiances investigated.

So,,you report a disturbance, the police turn up and ask you how you voted in the last GE and EU referendum.

Nothing sinister at all about that.

Welcome to the UK under Boris Johnson and the Etonian Telegraph party.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Boris Johnson on 21:04 - Jun 22 with 801 viewsSymondsYatjack

If the police got called out to every couple having a shouting match, the police would soon tell people not to call the police for such incidents, because I’d imagine there are thousands upon thousands of similar incidents every day, and soon would be overwhelmed.

Let’s be honest the so-called concerned neighbours, are nothing of the sort.
They actually dislike Johnson and are just trying to throw mud, hoping some will stick.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2019 21:06]
Boris Johnson on 21:11 - Jun 22 with 783 viewsbluey_the_blue

Boris Johnson on 21:04 - Jun 22 by SymondsYatjack

If the police got called out to every couple having a shouting match, the police would soon tell people not to call the police for such incidents, because I’d imagine there are thousands upon thousands of similar incidents every day, and soon would be overwhelmed.

Let’s be honest the so-called concerned neighbours, are nothing of the sort.
They actually dislike Johnson and are just trying to throw mud, hoping some will stick.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2019 21:06]

I don't doubt the latter given there has been campaign against BoJo in those apartments.

You're utterly wrong though in your first part. If people suspect, rightly or wrongly that DV is occuring they are absolutely 100% right to call the police. Better to be wrong and safe than ignore and see the consequences of that.
Boris Johnson on 21:18 - Jun 22 with 763 viewsSymondsYatjack

Boris Johnson on 21:11 - Jun 22 by bluey_the_blue

I don't doubt the latter given there has been campaign against BoJo in those apartments.

You're utterly wrong though in your first part. If people suspect, rightly or wrongly that DV is occuring they are absolutely 100% right to call the police. Better to be wrong and safe than ignore and see the consequences of that.

Nonsense. The police couldn’t cope, if even a fraction of these arguments were reported.
People/couples argue, it’s not a new phenomena.
What next people reporting that their neighbours are smoking at home with children present ?
What about people arguing in a pub ? Report them too ?
Boris Johnson on 21:20 - Jun 22 with 758 viewsDarran

Boris Johnson on 21:18 - Jun 22 by SymondsYatjack

Nonsense. The police couldn’t cope, if even a fraction of these arguments were reported.
What next people reporting that their neighbours are smoking at home with children present ?

Fuçk off DGT.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Boris Johnson on 21:22 - Jun 22 with 754 viewsbluey_the_blue

Boris Johnson on 21:18 - Jun 22 by SymondsYatjack

So do you often have arguments in a pub where glasses are thrown and there's zero expectation police would be involved, eh?

What Darren said.
Boris Johnson on 21:23 - Jun 22 with 752 viewsSymondsYatjack

Boris Johnson on 21:20 - Jun 22 by Darran

Fuçk off DGT.

Pi$$ed again. Oh well.😂 You should give drinking up.
Boris Johnson on 21:30 - Jun 22 with 746 viewsSymondsYatjack

Boris Johnson on 21:22 - Jun 22 by bluey_the_blue

So do you often have arguments in a pub where glasses are thrown and there's zero expectation police would be involved, eh?

What Darren said.

Tell me, how would the police cope ?
They wouldn’t, and that’s a fact.
You obviously like the sound of your own voice with the “sound bites” as anyone with an IQ greater than a cabbage, would know, the police would be overwhelmed, if all these arguments were reported.

So I’m still waiting for you to tell me, how the police would cope ?
Boris Johnson on 21:35 - Jun 22 with 739 viewsbluey_the_blue

Boris Johnson on 21:30 - Jun 22 by SymondsYatjack

Tell me, how would the police cope ?
They wouldn’t, and that’s a fact.
You obviously like the sound of your own voice with the “sound bites” as anyone with an IQ greater than a cabbage, would know, the police would be overwhelmed, if all these arguments were reported.

So I’m still waiting for you to tell me, how the police would cope ?

So don't report a prolonged case of shouting where slamming noises and objects are thrown.

I'm sure that makes sense to you but the reality, like it or not, is that when an argument escalates to the point neighbours are genuinely concerned, then the right thing to do is to report it to the police.

I know that you wouldn't, after all you're far more considerate of police workloads than us mere fools concerned with peoples health.
Boris Johnson on 21:41 - Jun 22 with 736 viewswestwalesed

Boris Johnson on 00:23 - Jun 22 by sherpajacob

Violence against unarmed women is applauded in the Tory party.

Absolute horseshiiiite.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Boris Johnson on 21:42 - Jun 22 with 732 viewsHighjack

Diane Abbott was photographed in public and was actually breaking the law in plain sight.

Secretly recording people through the walls of their home as they have the sort of domestic that lots of couples have and sending it to a newspaper all seems a bit sinister to me.

There’s also a very big jump from a loud argument about a wine stain on a sofa to potential domestic violence.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024