Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris Johnson 19:39 - Jun 21 with 12536 viewsDarran

Scum.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/21/police-called-to-loud-altercati

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Boris Johnson on 11:39 - Jun 24 with 1059 viewscostalotta

Boris Johnson on 11:21 - Jun 24 by bluey_the_blue

I love the way I keep being asked if I think he's the type of person who should be PM when I've repeatedly pointed out I'm not voting for him.

No smoke, no fire? That's the title of Dave Jones book by the way. An interesting lesson in evidence trumping allegations.

I have no idea what you are trying to say in your final para'

In the end, He'll likely get in then do whatever he can to keep that position, if that means changing his position, he'll change. Deliver Brexit...possibly but he maybe the guy that goes fro the 2nd Ref or GE thinking he can clinch it!
Boris Johnson on 12:13 - Jun 24 with 1032 viewsbluey_the_blue

Boris Johnson on 11:39 - Jun 24 by costalotta

In the end, He'll likely get in then do whatever he can to keep that position, if that means changing his position, he'll change. Deliver Brexit...possibly but he maybe the guy that goes fro the 2nd Ref or GE thinking he can clinch it!

Final para refers to all those willing to condemn Dave Jones over what turned out to be false allegations - some refusing to accept the verdict. In this incident, supposition is trumping any actual evidence.

I'd not rush to anoint BoJo just yet. Causing the Sky debate to be cancelled isn't a good look.
Boris Johnson on 12:24 - Jun 24 with 1019 viewscostalotta

Boris Johnson on 12:13 - Jun 24 by bluey_the_blue

Final para refers to all those willing to condemn Dave Jones over what turned out to be false allegations - some refusing to accept the verdict. In this incident, supposition is trumping any actual evidence.

I'd not rush to anoint BoJo just yet. Causing the Sky debate to be cancelled isn't a good look.

Oh, I see. Again, nothing to with what we are talking about...its just whataboutary!

'Causing the Sky debate to be cancelled isn't a good look.'

Let's be honest here whats he done that can be called a 'good look' in his campaign so far, or for that matter lets just look at it since he's been back in parliament? We could if you like go back as far as you or anyone likes.

Anyway, i think you know the score. Good day!
Boris Johnson on 12:38 - Jun 24 with 1002 viewsbluey_the_blue

Boris Johnson on 12:24 - Jun 24 by costalotta

Oh, I see. Again, nothing to with what we are talking about...its just whataboutary!

'Causing the Sky debate to be cancelled isn't a good look.'

Let's be honest here whats he done that can be called a 'good look' in his campaign so far, or for that matter lets just look at it since he's been back in parliament? We could if you like go back as far as you or anyone likes.

Anyway, i think you know the score. Good day!

Well, it has but never mind.

Causing the Sky debate to fall is probably the tipping point for a lot of people. Given a report today indicates alternative arrangements with Irish border could be implemented in 3 years, lessening impact of backstop, suspect a few members may well realise that Hunt isn't great but not as much of a train wreck.

Good day to you too. Too hot for me, personally.
Boris Johnson on 13:39 - Jun 24 with 956 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Boris Johnson on 10:18 - Jun 24 by Batterseajack

The Mail has reported that its all alright. Although they didn't seem remotely outraged at the invasion of privacy of this very intimate moment when publishing this photo.

That said, its hard not to feel all gooey inside seeing this young, normal couple in love.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7174061/Boris-Carrie-seen-time-police-r
[Post edited 24 Jun 2019 10:21]

Haha - what a way to answer the Corbynsta Curtain twitchers, happy as Larry, forgiven for the wine spillage, even got matching shirts to show their love!
Boris Johnson on 13:57 - Jun 24 with 939 viewscostalotta

Boris Johnson on 13:39 - Jun 24 by AlfieMooresSon

Haha - what a way to answer the Corbynsta Curtain twitchers, happy as Larry, forgiven for the wine spillage, even got matching shirts to show their love!

Do you mean Corbynista?
Boris Johnson on 14:08 - Jun 24 with 932 viewsEbo

Boris Johnson on 11:39 - Jun 24 by costalotta

I've a feeling the only reason that the party are backing him is because they want him to be the guy that falls on his sword come October. It's a classic Machiavellian plot to finish him off.

They know very well that he will have the same problems as May (if not bigger) regarding a deal and he will not go down the no-deal route as he knows that would trigger a no confidence vote (as reported this morning where at least 12 conservative MP's would oppose a no deal scenario and bring the govt down).

So we would be back to where we were but this time with an even bigger clown as PM.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Boris Johnson on 14:17 - Jun 24 with 920 viewsBatterseajack

Boris Johnson on 14:08 - Jun 24 by Ebo

I've a feeling the only reason that the party are backing him is because they want him to be the guy that falls on his sword come October. It's a classic Machiavellian plot to finish him off.

They know very well that he will have the same problems as May (if not bigger) regarding a deal and he will not go down the no-deal route as he knows that would trigger a no confidence vote (as reported this morning where at least 12 conservative MP's would oppose a no deal scenario and bring the govt down).

So we would be back to where we were but this time with an even bigger clown as PM.

Forget for a moment that the terms of the current extension states clearly that the deal cannot be renegotiated.......Given that the Barnier and co. are all on their summer recess and when they return, go straight into election mode whereby Barnier's successor doesn't start office until Nov 1st....who is Johnson going to negotiate the improved deal with??
Login to get fewer ads

Boris Johnson on 14:22 - Jun 24 with 914 viewscostalotta

Boris Johnson on 14:17 - Jun 24 by Batterseajack

Forget for a moment that the terms of the current extension states clearly that the deal cannot be renegotiated.......Given that the Barnier and co. are all on their summer recess and when they return, go straight into election mode whereby Barnier's successor doesn't start office until Nov 1st....who is Johnson going to negotiate the improved deal with??

The unicorns in his girlfriends flat or at the bottom of his garden!
Boris Johnson on 14:24 - Jun 24 with 911 viewsHighjack

The EU parliament? Lol jk.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Boris Johnson on 15:32 - Jun 24 with 875 viewsPegojack

Boris Johnson on 13:39 - Jun 24 by AlfieMooresSon

You've very easily taken in, aren't you?

By the way, can you lend me £10,000? I'm happy to repay it with 100% interest within two weeks. Honest.
Boris Johnson on 16:45 - Jun 24 with 848 viewsbluey_the_blue

Even better.

From Guardian live blog.

"But it is possible that a no confidence vote in September, followed by a 14-day wait to see if a new government could win a vote of confidence, followed by the calling of an election, which would have to take place 25 working days after the dissolution of parliament, would leave little or no time for the UK to request an article 50 extension before the 31 October deadline.

There is no provision for parliament to request an article 50 extension. The request to the EU would have to come from the PM. A responsible PM might make such a request in the event of a pending general election, to keep options for whoever won, but if Boris Johnson were in this position in September, he would probably argue that he was elected party leader and prime minister on a mandate to deliver Brexit by 31 October come what may."

The above was taken from the Guardian, not Guido Fawkes before ECB pipes up.

In the unlikely event the above happens, then Parliament could not prevent no deal happening. So BoJo delivers no deal Brexit, inevitable leadership challenge and GE. BoJo ousted as Tory leader meaning whoever takes over gets to campaign on non Brexit issues, opening the door for Stewart et al.
Boris Johnson on 17:26 - Jun 24 with 827 viewsmonmouth

Boris Johnson on 16:45 - Jun 24 by bluey_the_blue

Even better.

From Guardian live blog.

"But it is possible that a no confidence vote in September, followed by a 14-day wait to see if a new government could win a vote of confidence, followed by the calling of an election, which would have to take place 25 working days after the dissolution of parliament, would leave little or no time for the UK to request an article 50 extension before the 31 October deadline.

There is no provision for parliament to request an article 50 extension. The request to the EU would have to come from the PM. A responsible PM might make such a request in the event of a pending general election, to keep options for whoever won, but if Boris Johnson were in this position in September, he would probably argue that he was elected party leader and prime minister on a mandate to deliver Brexit by 31 October come what may."

In the unlikely event the above happens, then Parliament could not prevent no deal happening. So BoJo delivers no deal Brexit, inevitable leadership challenge and GE. BoJo ousted as Tory leader meaning whoever takes over gets to campaign on non Brexit issues, opening the door for Stewart et al.

And why can't article 50 be revoked given that no one other than the total nutters want to drive over the cliff?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Boris Johnson on 17:29 - Jun 24 with 822 viewsBatterseajack

Boris Johnson on 16:45 - Jun 24 by bluey_the_blue

Even better.

From Guardian live blog.

What a complete dereliction of duty if we get dragged out and rudderless under such circumstances.

To create such a step change in our economic model whilst having no one in power would be beyond calamitous.

I can only hope parliament will not agree to a GE with weeks to go on the current extension.

Anyway, my original question still stands. Who does Boris intend to negotiate his "deaggregated" deal with?
[Post edited 24 Jun 2019 17:31]
Boris Johnson on 17:43 - Jun 24 with 817 viewsbluey_the_blue

Boris Johnson on 17:26 - Jun 24 by monmouth

And why can't article 50 be revoked given that no one other than the total nutters want to drive over the cliff?

Parliamentary Remain MP have engineered that situation though. "Driving over the cliff" is the only real leave option left given Parliament have rejected everything else other than the Brady amendment.

Can imagine the public response if revoke occurs. Tory vote will collapse, Labour vote will diminsh, probably turnout would decrease too. You'd probably see an increase in Brexit party vote with Farage as PM / kingmaker...
Boris Johnson on 17:52 - Jun 24 with 804 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Boris Johnson on 15:32 - Jun 24 by Pegojack

You've very easily taken in, aren't you?

By the way, can you lend me £10,000? I'm happy to repay it with 100% interest within two weeks. Honest.

True love, you can see it but Boris is banned from Red wine for a week!
[Post edited 25 Jun 2019 8:49]
Boris Johnson on 18:06 - Jun 24 with 782 viewscostalotta

Boris Johnson on 17:43 - Jun 24 by bluey_the_blue

Parliamentary Remain MP have engineered that situation though. "Driving over the cliff" is the only real leave option left given Parliament have rejected everything else other than the Brady amendment.

Can imagine the public response if revoke occurs. Tory vote will collapse, Labour vote will diminsh, probably turnout would decrease too. You'd probably see an increase in Brexit party vote with Farage as PM / kingmaker...

You mean the ERG right? Or those that kept changing their minds on the WA but not wanting the public to express the possibility they’ve changed theirs?
[Post edited 24 Jun 2019 18:07]
Boris Johnson on 18:09 - Jun 24 with 774 viewsbluey_the_blue

Boris Johnson on 18:06 - Jun 24 by costalotta

You mean the ERG right? Or those that kept changing their minds on the WA but not wanting the public to express the possibility they’ve changed theirs?
[Post edited 24 Jun 2019 18:07]

ERG numbers aren't high enough to have blocked, for example, a vote for May's deal or any other deal without others voting against.

Parliamnt have constantly said what they don't want but are unable to say what they do want.
Boris Johnson on 18:13 - Jun 24 with 768 viewscostalotta

Boris Johnson on 18:09 - Jun 24 by bluey_the_blue

ERG numbers aren't high enough to have blocked, for example, a vote for May's deal or any other deal without others voting against.

Parliamnt have constantly said what they don't want but are unable to say what they do want.

If the ERG had voted for the deal we’d have been out already. Yes it was parliament but parliament couldn’t have blocked it with their vote.
Boris Johnson on 19:24 - Jun 24 with 742 viewsexiledclaseboy

Boris Johnson on 18:09 - Jun 24 by bluey_the_blue

If enough Tory MPs had voted in parliament to leave the EU in we’d have left the EU by now.

Poll: Tory leader

Boris Johnson on 19:34 - Jun 24 with 721 viewsGowerjack

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Boris Johnson on 20:34 - Jun 24 with 691 viewscostalotta

Boris Johnson on 19:24 - Jun 24 by exiledclaseboy

If enough Tory MPs had voted in parliament to leave the EU in we’d have left the EU by now.

Indeed. I did think that the attempt 3 result was one that if all within the ERG voted for it, it would have tipped the balance ?

If I’m wrong on that score apologies.
Boris Johnson on 20:39 - Jun 24 with 683 viewsexiledclaseboy

Boris Johnson on 20:34 - Jun 24 by costalotta

Indeed. I did think that the attempt 3 result was one that if all within the ERG voted for it, it would have tipped the balance ?

If I’m wrong on that score apologies.

Not idea how many are in the ERG to be honest. I’m not sure the ERG does either. The majorities were 230, 149 and 58. On all occasions, if all Tory MPs and their DUP partners had voted in favour, the UK would have left the EU by now. Nothing the opposition combined could have done about it.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2019 20:40]

Boris Johnson on 20:41 - Jun 24 with 678 viewstheloneranger

"I was Boris Johnson’s boss: he is utterly unfit to be prime minister"

Max loves old Boris ...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jun/24/boris-johnson-prime-minist

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Boris Johnson on 20:47 - Jun 24 with 664 viewsexiledclaseboy

Boris Johnson on 20:41 - Jun 24 by theloneranger

"I was Boris Johnson’s boss: he is utterly unfit to be prime minister"

Max loves old Boris ...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jun/24/boris-johnson-prime-minist

Read that earlier. Pretty brutal takedown.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024