Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR at Women’s World Cup 17:51 - Jun 23 with 2280 viewswestwalesed

Total, complete and utter farce.

The fact that new laws are effectively being trialled at the premier competition in the Women’s game is a disgrace.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

VAR at Women’s World Cup on 17:54 - Jun 23 with 2272 viewsswancity

Ruining football no doubt

And since when has miscontrol of a ball been a deliberate back pass to a keeper? Cameroon have every right to be annoyed. Disgraceful.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

VAR at Women’s World Cup on 17:59 - Jun 23 with 2243 viewssherpajacob

For me on tight offsides, VAR is inconclusive because of the issue of when the ball is played.

When it's that close it should revert to the onfield decision.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

VAR at Women’s World Cup on 18:03 - Jun 23 with 2230 viewslifelong

VAR at Women’s World Cup on 17:59 - Jun 23 by sherpajacob

For me on tight offsides, VAR is inconclusive because of the issue of when the ball is played.

When it's that close it should revert to the onfield decision.

But you’re either offside or you’re not, Cameroon players were offside for both of their goals, isn’t that what VAR is supposed to determine?
VAR at Women’s World Cup on 18:13 - Jun 23 with 2207 viewsladyjack

Not watching the game in question but I thought VAR was for clear and obvious mistakes, things are compounded that current football laws are bad, offside should be offside otherwise its open to cheating, handball should be handball otherwise its open to cheating, rules need to be black and white otherwise the Englands, Germanys, Man U's and Liverpools of this world will always get the lions share of iffy calls as opposed to the likes of little old Wales and little old Swansea.
VAR at Women’s World Cup on 18:16 - Jun 23 with 2197 viewsJango

VAR at Women’s World Cup on 18:03 - Jun 23 by lifelong

But you’re either offside or you’re not, Cameroon players were offside for both of their goals, isn’t that what VAR is supposed to determine?

Yes. To suggest leaving the tight decisions to the ref completely defeats the point of it.
VAR at Women’s World Cup on 18:16 - Jun 23 with 2195 viewssherpajacob

Where it's clear and obvious i've no problem.

But it depends on when the ball is played, a blue and red line on a screen showing a player in an offside position is not proof the player is offside, unless it's 100% certain the ball was played at that precise split second.

VAR at Women’s World Cup on 18:19 - Jun 23 with 2185 viewsraynor94

100% correct, Cameroon were off, and England on,no confusion at all
[Post edited 23 Jun 2019 18:20]

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

VAR at Women’s World Cup on 18:21 - Jun 23 with 2162 viewsPegojack

VAR at Women’s World Cup on 18:19 - Jun 23 by raynor94

Cameron looked in line for the 2-1 and therefore onside Shirley?
Login to get fewer ads

VAR at Women’s World Cup on 18:25 - Jun 23 with 2145 viewsswancity

VAR at Women’s World Cup on 18:19 - Jun 23 by raynor94

But there is confusion and uncertainty with these very tight decisions especially as they cannot guarantee accuracy in terms of when ( the precise nano second ) the ball was played by trying to replay it.
No need for it. Certain sports eg cricket lend themselves to it. Football isn’t one of them.

VAR at Women’s World Cup on 18:30 - Jun 23 with 2124 viewsJango

VAR at Women’s World Cup on 18:25 - Jun 23 by swancity

But there is confusion and uncertainty with these very tight decisions especially as they cannot guarantee accuracy in terms of when ( the precise nano second ) the ball was played by trying to replay it.
No need for it. Certain sports eg cricket lend themselves to it. Football isn’t one of them.

Without VAR Man City would have got to the final of champions league and probably won it. Suggesting it’s bad for the game is idiotic. They just need to get the decisions right.
VAR at Women’s World Cup on 18:59 - Jun 23 with 2056 viewssherpajacob

VAR at Women’s World Cup on 18:30 - Jun 23 by Jango

Without VAR Man City would have got to the final of champions league and probably won it. Suggesting it’s bad for the game is idiotic. They just need to get the decisions right.

In that instance Aguero was clearly yards offside when the ball came off another city player. VAR worked.

The issue for tight decisions is that its not always absolutely clear when the ball is played.

Frame by frame a,player is onside one frame and offside the next, The freeze frame for England s 2nd goal the player passing the ball was masked by a, Cameron player. So not enough evidence to overturn the onfield decision.

Others have already said the Cameroon player looked level for their goal.

VAR at Women’s World Cup on 19:12 - Jun 23 with 2026 viewsmonmouth

VAR at Women’s World Cup on 18:59 - Jun 23 by sherpajacob

In that instance Aguero was clearly yards offside when the ball came off another city player. VAR worked.

The issue for tight decisions is that its not always absolutely clear when the ball is played.

Frame by frame a,player is onside one frame and offside the next, The freeze frame for England s 2nd goal the player passing the ball was masked by a, Cameron player. So not enough evidence to overturn the onfield decision.

Others have already said the Cameroon player looked level for their goal.

Yeah, but footballs coming home. 53 years of hurt, never stopped believing.

Oh no, sorry, football's going to the USA. My mistake.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

VAR at Women’s World Cup on 19:51 - Jun 23 with 1960 viewsJackSomething

VAR at Women’s World Cup on 18:16 - Jun 23 by Jango

Yes. To suggest leaving the tight decisions to the ref completely defeats the point of it.

Look at that, we agree on something.

VAR is not the problem, it's the slapdash way that FIFA and the rest have introduced it. With the amount of money they have and time they've taken working on it, it's shocking that they haven't done a better job of it.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

VAR at Women’s World Cup on 20:00 - Jun 23 with 1940 viewsBadlands

Announcements on the big screens to give a reason for VAR intervention would inform the crowd.
Image or short clip identifying the reason for the result would also be helpful for the stadium attendees.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

VAR at Women’s World Cup on 20:48 - Jun 23 with 1887 viewsexiledclaseboy

VAR will ruin the game as we all know it. Line decisions only if they have to use it. Everything else is subjective and is subjective whether the referee sees it once in real time or wastes five minutes watching multiple replays on the touch line. Get rid of it.

Poll: Tory leader

VAR at Women’s World Cup on 20:52 - Jun 23 with 1881 viewsbluey_the_blue

VAR at Women’s World Cup on 20:48 - Jun 23 by exiledclaseboy

VAR will ruin the game as we all know it. Line decisions only if they have to use it. Everything else is subjective and is subjective whether the referee sees it once in real time or wastes five minutes watching multiple replays on the touch line. Get rid of it.

As I said a year or so ago, I can work and work well.

Example was in a MLS game. Striker who'd not scored in a year headed in.

Players lining up to kickoff, VAR crew signalled to ref asking him to look at camera. Several angles, closeup revealed he'd deliberately raised arm and handled into the net.

Yellow card issued, free kick given.

It took less than two minutes to resolve.

I don't get why it takes so long elsewhere.
VAR at Women’s World Cup on 06:39 - Jun 24 with 1714 viewsBrynmill_Jack

VAR at Women’s World Cup on 18:30 - Jun 23 by Jango

With VAR Man City wouldn’t have won the FA cup.........

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

VAR at Women’s World Cup on 09:21 - Jun 24 with 1579 viewshobo

I'm glad people are coming round to my way of thinking. It really does make a mockery of the sport. Too late now though as it's been pushed into the Premier League
VAR at Women’s World Cup on 09:48 - Jun 24 with 1551 viewsHumpty

VAR at Women’s World Cup on 18:21 - Jun 23 by Pegojack

Looked like it to me too.
VAR at Women’s World Cup on 11:31 - Jun 24 with 1490 viewswestwalesed

It's not so much as to whether the decisions themselves are correct or not, clearly VAR "should" always get it right. It's the fact that mission creep is setting in and VAR is being used in all sorts of situations it was never intended it to be used in. It's ruining the game as a spectacle.

I also think in this case, that the womens game is being disrespected by trialling these new laws, for example keepers staying on their lines and penalty kicks. There is no way that would happen in the mens game. It would be trialled and trialled at minor tournaments first.

VAR at Women’s World Cup on 11:37 - Jun 24 with 1484 viewsBadlands

VAR at Women’s World Cup on 11:31 - Jun 24 by westwalesed

It's not so much as to whether the decisions themselves are correct or not, clearly VAR "should" always get it right. It's the fact that mission creep is setting in and VAR is being used in all sorts of situations it was never intended it to be used in. It's ruining the game as a spectacle.

I also think in this case, that the womens game is being disrespected by trialling these new laws, for example keepers staying on their lines and penalty kicks. There is no way that would happen in the mens game. It would be trialled and trialled at minor tournaments first.

VAR is used in 27 Leagues across the globe.
It wasted in
AFC Asian Cup *
CAF Champions League *
CONMEBOL Copa América
CONMEBOL Copa Libertadores *
CONMEBOL Copa Sudamericana *
FIFA Club World Cup
FIFA Confederations Cup
FIFA U-20 World Cup
FIFA World Cup
FIFA Women's World Cup
UEFA Champions League *
UEFA Europa League * (final match only)
So to claim , 'that the women's game is being disrespected by trialling these new laws,' is plain wrong.
AND, there are no new laws. The laws being applied have been the laws for years / decades.
Just because English League refs don't apply them and we've gt used to teams getting away with cheating doesn't mean a rule is new or should be ignored.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

VAR at Women’s World Cup on 11:44 - Jun 24 with 1476 viewswestwalesed

VAR at Women’s World Cup on 11:37 - Jun 24 by Badlands

VAR is used in 27 Leagues across the globe.
It wasted in
AFC Asian Cup *
CAF Champions League *
CONMEBOL Copa América
CONMEBOL Copa Libertadores *
CONMEBOL Copa Sudamericana *
FIFA Club World Cup
FIFA Confederations Cup
FIFA U-20 World Cup
FIFA World Cup
FIFA Women's World Cup
UEFA Champions League *
UEFA Europa League * (final match only)
So to claim , 'that the women's game is being disrespected by trialling these new laws,' is plain wrong.
AND, there are no new laws. The laws being applied have been the laws for years / decades.
Just because English League refs don't apply them and we've gt used to teams getting away with cheating doesn't mean a rule is new or should be ignored.

I take your point completely.

But VAR has never been used in the past in relation to keepers staying on their lines - so where I say trialed, and I should have been more specific - it's in relation to new uses of VAR.

VAR at Women’s World Cup on 15:12 - Jun 24 with 1408 viewsswanforthemoney

VAR at Women’s World Cup on 18:21 - Jun 23 by Pegojack

It was offside. The picture showed it was close, but offside. The ref. took a close look at the VAR and gave offside.

I stand in the North Stand

VAR at Women’s World Cup on 15:16 - Jun 24 with 1405 viewsswancity

VAR at Women’s World Cup on 15:12 - Jun 24 by swanforthemoney

It was offside. The picture showed it was close, but offside. The ref. took a close look at the VAR and gave offside.

Cameroon player was in line with the defender therefore onside. Terrible decision but too close to call offside. Shocking.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024