Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea Half Marathon death 19:40 - Jun 23 with 1510 viewsdickythorpe

Terrible news. RIP

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-48739292
Swansea Half Marathon death on 19:46 - Jun 23 with 1467 viewsDarran

Awful news but it seems to happen quite often these days.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea Half Marathon death on 20:17 - Jun 25 with 959 viewsunion_jack

Very sad.

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2019-06-25/runner-who-died-after-taking-part-in-s

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea Half Marathon death on 20:43 - Jun 25 with 921 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea Half Marathon death on 20:17 - Jun 25 by union_jack

Very sad.

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2019-06-25/runner-who-died-after-taking-part-in-s

RIP - so sad.

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea Half Marathon death on 22:01 - Jun 26 with 748 viewsSirjohnalot

Swansea Half Marathon death on 19:46 - Jun 23 by Darran

Awful news but it seems to happen quite often these days.

It doesn’t Darren. If you think of the 1000s of people that enter races throughout the year, parkruns, fell runs, up to marathons and beyond, plus triathlons, the amount of people that die is low, normally brought on by an underlying heart condition they weren’t aware of which means that it could have happened anytime.

Desperately sad, but thankfully rare,
Swansea Half Marathon death on 07:51 - Jun 27 with 695 viewstrinityann

Athletes die younger than than normal folk, too much stress on heart and other body parts. I have witnessed so many siblings where the fitness fanatic sibling has died young and the other siblings don't exercise and go to pub and smoke a weed etc are still around to tell their tale.

I have done my fair share of running in the past and do other exercises now and I have noticed my joints are a lot better. Take it slower the older you get.
Swansea Half Marathon death on 08:12 - Jun 27 with 680 viewsVincent_Vega

Swansea Half Marathon death on 22:01 - Jun 26 by Sirjohnalot

It doesn’t Darren. If you think of the 1000s of people that enter races throughout the year, parkruns, fell runs, up to marathons and beyond, plus triathlons, the amount of people that die is low, normally brought on by an underlying heart condition they weren’t aware of which means that it could have happened anytime.

Its also the more people who take it up, the more chances of something serious happening to a participant just by laws of averages.

I ran Sunday and it was very muggy, saw lots of people drop out from mile 10 onwards. I went to IHeart wales for a scan in a clinic in Cardiff after the death of those runners last year. I would advise anyone think of taking running at those distances to get checked out.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Swansea Half Marathon death on 08:58 - Jun 27 with 660 viewsLeonWasGod

Swansea Half Marathon death on 22:01 - Jun 26 by Sirjohnalot

Dying is rare? I reckon everyone does it at least once in their life. You’ve never lived if you haven’t died. It’s a bit like watching us under Sousa.
Swansea Half Marathon death on 09:02 - Jun 27 with 656 viewsLeonWasGod

Swansea Half Marathon death on 08:12 - Jun 27 by Vincent_Vega

Its also the more people who take it up, the more chances of something serious happening to a participant just by laws of averages.

I ran Sunday and it was very muggy, saw lots of people drop out from mile 10 onwards. I went to IHeart wales for a scan in a clinic in Cardiff after the death of those runners last year. I would advise anyone think of taking running at those distances to get checked out.

That’s a good suggestion. There’ll be no end of people walking around with an unknown condition that could cause problems where you wouldn’t normally expect them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024