Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Tory Poll - Wow! 14:04 - Jun 24 with 3841 viewscostalotta

LBC been going on about this new poll. Wow...

A new poll of Conservative party members demonstrates a chilling’ attitudes towards Muslims have been revealed.

"43% of Tory members would not be happy with a Muslim Prime Minister and 40% want fewer Muslims to be allowed into the UK, according to the YouGov survey carried out by anti-racism campaign group Hope Not Hate."

"67% revealed they believe “there are areas in Britain that operate under Sharia law”, and 45% think “there are areas in Britain in which non-Muslims are not able to enter”."

"In addition just 8% of Tory members said there is a problem with Islamophobia or racism towards Muslims within the Conservative Party. 79% don’t think there is a problem."

And these guys are deciding a PM!
New Tory Poll - Wow! on 14:34 - Jun 24 with 2886 viewsLohengrin

I doubt those percentages would differ to a great degree if you conducted a street survey in Bonymaen.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 14:42 - Jun 24 with 2872 viewscostalotta

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 14:34 - Jun 24 by Lohengrin

I doubt those percentages would differ to a great degree if you conducted a street survey in Bonymaen.

Indeed but thats not the point.

Its the complete non understanding and distance lack of knowledge of facts. But they've been fed and believe without questioning. You could argue that a lack of opportunities, social mobility and deprivation may have caused the lack of knowledge in Bonymaen. However, in the affluent Tory areas I'm genuinely surprised about that that is the limit of their knowledge.
New Tory Poll - Wow! on 14:49 - Jun 24 with 2842 viewsLohengrin

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 14:42 - Jun 24 by costalotta

Its the complete non understanding and distance lack of knowledge of facts. But they've been fed and believe without questioning. You could argue that a lack of opportunities, social mobility and deprivation may have caused the lack of knowledge in Bonymaen. However, in the affluent Tory areas I'm genuinely surprised about that that is the limit of their knowledge.

Antipathy toward Islam has been a constant of European culture for millennia; I don’t know why anybody from Tunbridge Wells or Surbiton would have developed some sort of immunity, if it can be put like that?

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 14:49 - Jun 24 with 2841 viewsWingstandwood

You are correct (if thats what you are implying) the Tory Party does appear to be rather less inclusive than the Brexit Party with its significant support from the Asian community and multicultural broad church appeal.

Jewish candidates i.e. Simon Marcus and Lance Forman, black gay candidate i.e. Louis Stedman-Bryce, black Nigerian-born lawyer candidate Elizabeth Babade, daughter of first generation Indian immigrants candidate i.e. Alka Sehgal Cuthbert, Asian candidate i.e.Vishal’s Khatri.

Argus!

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 14:53 - Jun 24 with 2819 viewscostalotta

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 14:49 - Jun 24 by Lohengrin

Antipathy toward Islam has been a constant of European culture for millennia; I don’t know why anybody from Tunbridge Wells or Surbiton would have developed some sort of immunity, if it can be put like that?

We're not talking about apathy. Were talking about a belief which is completely untrue. People believing misinformation. A sustained campaign of misinformation...one which has been a huge success.

You do realise that don't you?
New Tory Poll - Wow! on 14:56 - Jun 24 with 2809 viewsLohengrin

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 14:53 - Jun 24 by costalotta

We're not talking about apathy. Were talking about a belief which is completely untrue. People believing misinformation. A sustained campaign of misinformation...one which has been a huge success.

Which part do you disbelieve?

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 14:56 - Jun 24 with 2808 viewsHighjack

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 14:42 - Jun 24 by costalotta

There are estimated to be around 40-85 sharia councils across England and Wales who deal with disputes, divorces and other offences under Islamic law. Although the decisions made are not legally binding and cannot supersede UK law.

So those 67% would be right to a certain degree. To suggest there aren’t areas in the UK under the influence of these councils would be wrong. But I imagine people’s perception of what they do might be a bit distorted.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 14:58 - Jun 24 with 2802 viewscostalotta

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 14:56 - Jun 24 by Lohengrin

Which part do you disbelieve?

Is that all you got... answering a question with a question!
Login to get fewer ads

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 14:59 - Jun 24 with 2797 viewsHighjack

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 14:58 - Jun 24 by costalotta

You just answered lohegrins question with a question.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 15:00 - Jun 24 with 2795 viewscostalotta

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 14:56 - Jun 24 by Highjack

There are estimated to be around 40-85 sharia councils across England and Wales who deal with disputes, divorces and other offences under Islamic law. Although the decisions made are not legally binding and cannot supersede UK law.

So those 67% would be right to a certain degree. To suggest there aren’t areas in the UK under the influence of these councils would be wrong. But I imagine people’s perception of what they do might be a bit distorted.

Hahaha. Were you in the sample audience High Jack ?

" estimated to be around 40-85 sharia councils across England and Wales " - They need to work on their estimating 40 - 85 FFS, lol.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2019 15:02]
New Tory Poll - Wow! on 15:01 - Jun 24 with 2792 viewscostalotta

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 14:59 - Jun 24 by Highjack

You just answered lohegrins question with a question.

I did. It takes two or more to debate as it does to play silly games.
New Tory Poll - Wow! on 15:07 - Jun 24 with 2762 viewsHighjack

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 15:00 - Jun 24 by costalotta

Hahaha. Were you in the sample audience High Jack ?

" estimated to be around 40-85 sharia councils across England and Wales " - They need to work on their estimating 40 - 85 FFS, lol.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2019 15:02]

Are you suggesting there aren’t any sharia councils operating in the UK?

This independent report into the practices of sharia councils in the UK seems to suggest otherwise...

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attac

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 15:08 - Jun 24 with 2751 viewsLohengrin

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 14:58 - Jun 24 by costalotta

Let me know what is you’re after and I’ll deliver it with a cherry on top.

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 15:13 - Jun 24 with 2734 viewscostalotta

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 15:08 - Jun 24 by Lohengrin

Let me know what is you’re after and I’ll deliver it with a cherry on top.

Well, if there is a cherry on top it has to be Joes iceceam.
New Tory Poll - Wow! on 15:13 - Jun 24 with 2731 viewsHighjack

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 14:53 - Jun 24 by costalotta

Yes but that’s religion for you.

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 15:14 - Jun 24 with 2730 viewscostalotta

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 15:07 - Jun 24 by Highjack

Are you suggesting there aren’t any sharia councils operating in the UK?

This independent report into the practices of sharia councils in the UK seems to suggest otherwise...

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attac

Can you read? I though it was clear as day what I suggested but I will repeat.

Maybe they want to work on their estimating! 40-85 FFS.
New Tory Poll - Wow! on 15:14 - Jun 24 with 2728 viewsLohengrin

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 15:13 - Jun 24 by costalotta

Well, if there is a cherry on top it has to be Joes iceceam.

You know where you are with Joe’s. Good shout.

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 15:16 - Jun 24 with 2721 viewscostalotta

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 15:14 - Jun 24 by Lohengrin

You know where you are with Joe’s. Good shout.

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 15:24 - Jun 24 with 2702 viewsHighjack

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 15:14 - Jun 24 by costalotta

Can you read? I though it was clear as day what I suggested but I will repeat.

Maybe they want to work on their estimating! 40-85 FFS.

So the estimate is wrong?

It really isn’t clear as day what you are suggesting.

Throw me a fricking bone here.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2019 15:25]

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:27 - Jun 24 with 2687 viewsJacket

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 15:36 - Jun 24 with 2667 viewscostalotta

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 15:24 - Jun 24 by Highjack

So the estimate is wrong?

It really isn’t clear as day what you are suggesting.

Throw me a fricking bone here.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2019 15:25]

Do i really have to explain it?

Given the numbers you quote there is the potential to be more 50% out! So...I will say it again they need to work on their estimating.
New Tory Poll - Wow! on 15:47 - Jun 24 with 2653 viewstrinityann

And what is so shocking about this poll. I wouldn't personally favour a Muslim prime minister, I would be much more comfortable with a Smith or a Jones in charge.
New Tory Poll - Wow! on 16:17 - Jun 24 with 2604 viewscostalotta

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 15:47 - Jun 24 by trinityann

And what is so shocking about this poll. I wouldn't personally favour a Muslim prime minister, I would be much more comfortable with a Smith or a Jones in charge.

Not judging you but shouldn't it be best person for the Job? I mean, you've put religion in front of what would be best for the Country and its people.
New Tory Poll - Wow! on 16:36 - Jun 24 with 2575 viewstrinityann

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 16:17 - Jun 24 by costalotta

Not judging you but shouldn't it be best person for the Job? I mean, you've put religion in front of what would be best for the Country and its people.

Judging on the mayor of London, I don't think it's a good idea.
New Tory Poll - Wow! on 16:37 - Jun 24 with 2570 viewscostalotta

New Tory Poll - Wow! on 16:36 - Jun 24 by trinityann

Judging on the mayor of London, I don't think it's a good idea.

Errr. What is not a good idea?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024