Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barafundle Bay 14:11 - Jun 24 with 6805 viewsEbo

Went there for the first time Saturday. My god what a stunning place and absolutely spotless too.

Anyone else been?

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Barafundle Bay on 00:33 - Jun 27 with 1648 viewsBrynCartwright

Barafundle Bay on 21:13 - Jun 26 by LeonWasGod

It's lovely down there, one of my favourite places in the UK. That beach shelves off pretty quickly too - soon gets deep if you go for a paddle!

Mousehole's lovely, and the highlight for me is the stretch from Cape Cornwall up the way up towards Zenna. On a good day the walks along the cliffs are superb - like Pembrokeshire on steroids.

Anyone had a dip in this tidal pool at Cape Cornwall? Did it in the nuddie once and it was brilliant. Crystal clear water with loads of sea-life everywhere. Followed by an amazing pasty in St Just.

https://www.cornwalls.co.uk/photos/cape-cornwall-tidal-pool-sunset-4409.htm

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Barafundle Bay on 21:53 - Jun 27 with 1561 viewsMuteswan

Barafundle Bay on 22:01 - Jun 26 by TNT

Porthcurno beach looks good, but no dogs allowed. Looking for dog friendly beaches from Polperro down towards Mousehole.

Hope this will help.
https://www.thebeachguide.co.uk/south-west-england/cornwall/dogs-allowed
Barafundle Bay on 23:46 - Jun 27 with 1531 viewsTNT

Barafundle Bay on 21:53 - Jun 27 by Muteswan

Hope this will help.
https://www.thebeachguide.co.uk/south-west-england/cornwall/dogs-allowed

Cheers buddy.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Barafundle Bay on 08:58 - Jun 28 with 1491 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Barafundle Bay on 10:48 - Jun 26 by dickythorpe

Love that area. You are very near the Minack Theatre. Sennen, Mousehole,Porthleven, Lizard easily reached from there.

Just got it up on google maps on the phone . Mousehole aside all the surrounding place names are very Welshy indeed. I expect it’s lovely there come September when the kids are back in school

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Barafundle Bay on 10:21 - Jun 28 with 1468 viewsdickythorpe

Barafundle Bay on 08:58 - Jun 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Just got it up on google maps on the phone . Mousehole aside all the surrounding place names are very Welshy indeed. I expect it’s lovely there come September when the kids are back in school

I saw house names/farms that were very Welsh, Gwendraeth and swn y mor seem popular names down there.
Barafundle Bay on 10:42 - Jun 28 with 1459 viewsMuteswan

Barafundle Bay on 08:58 - Jun 28 by Brynmill_Jack

It’s very busy here now even during term time. Lots of foreign visitors, mainly adults, so would be hectic when the kids are off school I think. Still a lovely area to visit, and as you say , it’s a lot like Wales in many ways, the countryside is similar, and as Dickie said a lot of house names are very much like the Welsh equivalents.
Barafundle Bay on 18:51 - Jun 28 with 1394 viewsMuteswan

Barafundle Bay on 10:21 - Jun 28 by dickythorpe

I saw house names/farms that were very Welsh, Gwendraeth and swn y mor seem popular names down there.

Saw this on a house next to a church. Could never have guessed what it meant. 😉

Barafundle Bay on 23:33 - Jul 25 with 1202 viewsTNT

Been to Gwithian Beach today (North of St. Ives), 3 miles of golden sand and clear blue sea. Amazing. Also visited Rock Beach, Padstow this week - equally impressive.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Login to get fewer ads

Barafundle Bay on 00:19 - Jul 26 with 1182 viewsLeonWasGod

I went to Barafundle for the first time at the weekend. Had a good swim backwards and forwards across the bay. The soft sand on the beach is just awesome - bit of a bugger to play cricket on though.
Barafundle Bay on 23:28 - Jul 26 with 1076 viewssherpajacob

Barafundle Bay on 00:19 - Jul 26 by LeonWasGod

I went to Barafundle for the first time at the weekend. Had a good swim backwards and forwards across the bay. The soft sand on the beach is just awesome - bit of a bugger to play cricket on though.

That's why Pobbles is superior imho.

When the tides just gone out, the sand is rolled flat, with just enough bounce and variation for the perfect contest between bat and ball.

On a sunny day, when the tide comes back in, the sand warms the water. Ideal situation is when high tide is about 5pm. Perfect for body surfing.

I would go as far as saying when it happens like that, there is,nowhere better, anywhere.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Barafundle Bay on 23:49 - Jul 26 with 1064 viewscontroversial_jack

Barafundle Bay on 00:19 - Jul 26 by LeonWasGod

I usually find the sea is a lot colder the further west i go, and for some reason it's usually freezing in Tenby.
Barafundle Bay on 13:42 - Jul 30 with 958 viewsEbo

Bit further north towards Aberaeron I found a cracking pub called The Penrhiwgaled Arms. Cracking food and a really good pint of Guinness too. Anyone been there?

Barafundle Bay on 13:56 - Jul 30 with 947 viewsLohengrin

Barafundle Bay on 13:42 - Jul 30 by Ebo

Bit further north towards Aberaeron I found a cracking pub called The Penrhiwgaled Arms. Cracking food and a really good pint of Guinness too. Anyone been there?

I have. My nose for a ‘proper’ pub is the most, if not the only, truly reliable thing about me.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Barafundle Bay on 14:10 - Jul 30 with 938 viewsEbo

Barafundle Bay on 13:56 - Jul 30 by Lohengrin

I have. My nose for a ‘proper’ pub is the most, if not the only, truly reliable thing about me.

It's dog friendly too which is a bonus.

Barafundle Bay on 14:14 - Jul 30 with 930 viewsLohengrin

Barafundle Bay on 14:10 - Jul 30 by Ebo

It's dog friendly too which is a bonus.

Aye, they let the wife have a half without batting an eye!

I’m glad she’s not looking over my shoulder as I sit here typing.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Barafundle Bay on 14:32 - Jul 30 with 914 viewsEbo

Barafundle Bay on 14:14 - Jul 30 by Lohengrin

Aye, they let the wife have a half without batting an eye!

I’m glad she’s not looking over my shoulder as I sit here typing.

ooof!!

Yes our little King Charles was in her oils under the table. Nearly had my hand off in the end!

Barafundle Bay on 10:42 - Jul 31 with 839 viewsswanatcarlisle

As they say West id Best....spoiled as a kid growing up in Pembrokeshire. If you liked Barafundle should try Poppit Sands and Marloes Sands away from the usual spots and on the Milford Haven side of the estuary...nice beaches.....as well as some nice harbour areas like Solva.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024