Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Making your own way v Going by coach to away games 10:40 - Jun 26 with 3349 viewsSTID2017

What do people prefer ?
Myself, I tried going on the coach a couple of times and found the getting to a town early, then hanging around for an hour or more, before proceeding to the ground an hour or more before the game a bit much. I can see the appeal for drinkers, but apart from that ?
All the other games I preferred driving and apart from Villa (I caught a train which was fine getting to the game but was chaos after the game) and Stoke (stayed overnight and waited ages soaking wet for a taxi) all were better.
Probably just me but prefer setting my own agenda.
Thoughts ?
[Post edited 26 Jun 2019 10:41]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 11:10 - Jun 26 with 2645 views34dfgdf54

Train always for me.

Just costs a bomb unfortunately.
Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 11:14 - Jun 26 with 2640 viewsLeonWasGod

Another one for the train, if connections are doable. Or car. Yep, much prefer doing my own thing too.
Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 12:05 - Jun 26 with 2594 viewsJesusJack

Always prefer making my own way and staying overnight (or 2 nights ideally).

Unfortunately, this means limiting myself to just a handful of games a season due to cost.

I will be coaching it to Luton, though, due to the proximity to Christmas (Plus Luton is shiitehole)

Poll: What was your expectation for this season?

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 12:24 - Jun 26 with 2553 viewspencoedjack

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 11:10 - Jun 26 by 34dfgdf54

Train always for me.

Just costs a bomb unfortunately.

This ^

Although Pencoed / Llantristant Jacks have some fun on our bus.
Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 12:41 - Jun 26 with 2520 views1983

My thoughts are this sounds like a cry for help looking for friends?

BTW train for me free travel working for the railway like

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 12:53 - Jun 26 with 2501 viewsraynor94

Roll on the start of the Football. Please!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 13:10 - Jun 26 with 2477 viewsSoberBaker

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 12:41 - Jun 26 by 1983

My thoughts are this sounds like a cry for help looking for friends?

BTW train for me free travel working for the railway like

Might be wrong, but I think the OP lost his wife recently, mate

Edit. Oh and train whenever possible - no piss stops required
[Post edited 26 Jun 2019 13:12]

AMOW

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 13:26 - Jun 26 with 2445 viewsDarran

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 13:10 - Jun 26 by SoberBaker

Yes he did and he’s a very nice man.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 13:52 - Jun 26 with 2433 views1983

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 13:10 - Jun 26 by SoberBaker

That's awful I didn't know but I was trying to have a bit of fun?

My brother died when he was 6yrs old and my Dad died when I was a youngster life is sh1t in'it ?

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 13:58 - Jun 26 with 2419 viewsSoberBaker

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 13:52 - Jun 26 by 1983

My brother died when he was 6yrs old and my Dad died when I was a youngster life is sh1t in'it ?

I know you were mate.

Just stepped in before some self righteous plum started having a pop

AMOW

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 14:53 - Jun 26 with 2375 viewsSTID2017

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 13:52 - Jun 26 by 1983

No offence taken mate

Life is awful sometimes and due to my previous family commitments my network of friends aren't ones who travel to watch Swans.
However the companu on the coaches was great both times, but just the elongated journey times did my head in.
Met some great people travelling away last season and looking forward to enjoying the compsny of fellow Jacks next season

Edit-
Plus I am going to use my spare time practicing my spelling on my smartphone !
[Post edited 26 Jun 2019 15:20]

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 14:59 - Jun 26 with 2363 viewsSTID2017

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 12:53 - Jun 26 by raynor94

Can't wait.
Going to Crawley and Bristol Rovers.
Looking forward to them

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 15:10 - Jun 26 with 2345 viewslonglostjack

Train every time.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 15:19 - Jun 26 with 2330 views34dfgdf54

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 14:53 - Jun 26 by STID2017

No offence taken mate

Life is awful sometimes and due to my previous family commitments my network of friends aren't ones who travel to watch Swans.
However the companu on the coaches was great both times, but just the elongated journey times did my head in.
Met some great people travelling away last season and looking forward to enjoying the compsny of fellow Jacks next season

Edit-

Welcome for a beer with my lot any time fella.
Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 15:22 - Jun 26 with 2320 viewsSTID2017

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 15:19 - Jun 26 by 34dfgdf54

Cheers.
I'll get back to you on that, although it'll probably be in the Autumn

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 16:21 - Jun 26 with 2253 viewsPegojack

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 15:10 - Jun 26 by longlostjack

Train every time.

That's the last time I give you a lift, you fecker!
Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 16:37 - Jun 26 with 2234 viewsFireboy2

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 12:53 - Jun 26 by raynor94

You miserable old git
Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 16:48 - Jun 26 with 2219 viewsFireboy2

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 15:19 - Jun 26 by 34dfgdf54

And our lot, try to go to 10+ games a season via the choo choo, always get to the town/city 11am to get some decent food and several ales (of course ) in a good pub.

Then onto the ground about 30 mins before the game, as i say you are always welcome to join us YJB.
Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 18:36 - Jun 26 with 2120 viewsSTID2017

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 16:48 - Jun 26 by Fireboy2

And our lot, try to go to 10+ games a season via the choo choo, always get to the town/city 11am to get some decent food and several ales (of course ) in a good pub.

Then onto the ground about 30 mins before the game, as i say you are always welcome to join us YJB.

Cheers.
Really appreciate it

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 18:49 - Jun 26 with 2097 viewssherpajacob

I generally prefer the adventure of public transport

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 18:51 - Jun 26 with 2094 viewsChief

In this order :
- Train (wherever possible, cost permitting)
- Privately arranged bus with booze
- Car with someone else driving.
- Car with me driving.
- Pop and Crisp buses. Just can't face them and the boring old farts who travel on them or the jobsworths who run them (although they do provide a good service I. Fairness)

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games (n/t) on 19:50 - Jun 26 with 2033 viewspencoedjack

[Post edited 26 Jun 2019 21:41]
Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 21:57 - Jun 26 with 1921 viewsNotLoyal

This thread makes me feel very humble.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 22:59 - Jun 26 with 1888 viewsPentyrchJack

Swans Travel Club for me who are really excellent and pick up along M4. Some great people on those buses and I find it relaxing not to drive or go on a train as I do that most of the week in work.

PM me STID if you want to join me or meet up before an away game YJB.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 09:40 - Jun 27 with 1771 views1983

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 14:53 - Jun 26 by STID2017

No offence taken mate

Edit-

Is that your T5 ? I have a T2 1972
[Post edited 27 Jun 2019 9:41]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024