Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Making your own way v Going by coach to away games 10:40 - Jun 26 with 3299 viewsSTID2017

What do people prefer ?
Myself, I tried going on the coach a couple of times and found the getting to a town early, then hanging around for an hour or more, before proceeding to the ground an hour or more before the game a bit much. I can see the appeal for drinkers, but apart from that ?
All the other games I preferred driving and apart from Villa (I caught a train which was fine getting to the game but was chaos after the game) and Stoke (stayed overnight and waited ages soaking wet for a taxi) all were better.
Probably just me but prefer setting my own agenda.
Thoughts ?
[Post edited 26 Jun 2019 10:41]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 17:21 - Jun 27 with 626 viewsSTID2017

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 09:40 - Jun 27 by 1983

Is that your T5 ? I have a T2 1972
[Post edited 27 Jun 2019 9:41]

Yes it's my VW.
Used to have a T2 1979, then went to modern motorhomes, which were more comfortable but had no character.
Bought it last summer and am planning on a lot of trips this summer - including Crawley !

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 17:22 - Jun 27 with 626 viewsSTID2017

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 22:59 - Jun 26 by PentyrchJack

Swans Travel Club for me who are really excellent and pick up along M4. Some great people on those buses and I find it relaxing not to drive or go on a train as I do that most of the week in work.

PM me STID if you want to join me or meet up before an away game YJB.

Thank you very much

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 09:14 - Jun 28 with 573 views1983

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 17:21 - Jun 27 by STID2017

Yes it's my VW.
Used to have a T2 1979, then went to modern motorhomes, which were more comfortable but had no character.
Bought it last summer and am planning on a lot of trips this summer - including Crawley !

Would like to go a bid more modern but my missus loves our T2 it must easily be 20k now and plenty spent on it over the years 🙄

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 09:19 - Jun 28 with 566 viewsAl_Bundy

Train to games in London , Car for home games and the North.

Dorset train services are horrendous. Bournemouth to London around 110 miles well over £100 return
Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 09:38 - Jun 28 with 551 viewslonglostjack

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 16:21 - Jun 26 by Pegojack

That's the last time I give you a lift, you fecker!

In the absence of a smart Audi I should have added!

🎶 Three wheels on my wagon
And I’m still rolling along 🎶

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 10:29 - Jun 28 with 538 viewsFireboy2

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 09:19 - Jun 28 by Al_Bundy

Dorset train services are horrendous. Bournemouth to London around 110 miles well over £100 return

Robbing southern tvvats
Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 10:43 - Jun 29 with 469 views1983

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 09:19 - Jun 28 by Al_Bundy

SWR sh1t company to work for but brilliant perks 👍 free 1st class every trip and the lads & lasses on XC are great as well done Newcastle & Manchester away a few times now 1st class free
Thank you tax payers 👍

Making your own way v Going by coach to away games on 10:54 - Jun 29 with 464 viewsbuilthjack

Mostly drive,home and away, but do use the heart of Wales line a few times a year for home games.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024