Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Goalkeeper Coach 16:16 - Jun 26 with 4443 viewsDarran

Baglan legend.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New Goalkeeper Coach on 16:18 - Jun 26 with 3106 viewsraynor94

The infiltration continues

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

New Goalkeeper Coach on 16:23 - Jun 26 with 3062 viewsJonathans_coat

Didn’t he turn our contract offer down and then immediately signed for Cardiff on a free about 10-15 years ago when he was still playing?
[Post edited 26 Jun 2019 16:24]
New Goalkeeper Coach on 16:57 - Jun 26 with 2908 viewsbluey_the_blue

That was because we offered a player/coach role.

His son is in our u18 side, a full back.
New Goalkeeper Coach on 17:04 - Jun 26 with 2854 views34dfgdf54

Still working for the FA alongside this job.
New Goalkeeper Coach on 17:50 - Jun 26 with 2722 viewsGeoffThom

New Goalkeeper Coach on 16:18 - Jun 26 by raynor94

The infiltration continues

The dark side is slowly taking us over🤔
New Goalkeeper Coach on 19:14 - Jun 26 with 2519 viewsmajorraglan

I think this is a really positive sign. He’s someone who’s coached goalkeepers at Premier League clubs and he also coaches the England team which tends to suggest that he has something about him.

Whatever people think about Cooper’s experience, I think it shows the Club are seriously looking to employ coaches who, at the level they have coached at have done a good job and can develop players.

I am not really concerned about the fact he has played for Cardiff, I want the best for the Club.
New Goalkeeper Coach on 20:15 - Jun 26 with 2382 viewsjackrmee

New Goalkeeper Coach on 19:14 - Jun 26 by majorraglan

I think this is a really positive sign. He’s someone who’s coached goalkeepers at Premier League clubs and he also coaches the England team which tends to suggest that he has something about him.

Whatever people think about Cooper’s experience, I think it shows the Club are seriously looking to employ coaches who, at the level they have coached at have done a good job and can develop players.

I am not really concerned about the fact he has played for Cardiff, I want the best for the Club.

Sounds like a top coach. Coached for Southgate, Coleman and Speed internationally. Must be well thought of.
Some really positive signs of a backroom team coming together. All experienced and hungry.
With negativity over lack of possible signings at player level, this can only be good news.

Also Tivey as fitness coach. He's also got a promising background.
Did we have a fitness coach before then? If so, have they left the club too?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

New Goalkeeper Coach on 20:20 - Jun 26 with 2361 viewsjackrmee

Bookmark this ya barstewards...

Margetson teaches Nordveldt how to command his box and he becomes the best ball playing GK in the world and is signed by Pep Guardiola for £100m after saving a pen in the playoff final to take us back into the prem.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Login to get fewer ads

New Goalkeeper Coach on 20:26 - Jun 26 with 2323 viewsdickythorpe

He's first choice now surely!?
New Goalkeeper Coach on 21:04 - Jun 26 with 2210 viewsDr_Winston

New Goalkeeper Coach on 20:20 - Jun 26 by jackrmee

Bookmark this ya barstewards...

Margetson teaches Nordveldt how to command his box and he becomes the best ball playing GK in the world and is signed by Pep Guardiola for £100m after saving a pen in the playoff final to take us back into the prem.

Joking aside, if Nordfelt can learn to command his area (and CATCH NOT PUNCH) he could be a decent keeper.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New Goalkeeper Coach on 21:24 - Jun 26 with 2146 viewsFlashberryjack

New Goalkeeper Coach on 21:04 - Jun 26 by Dr_Winston

Joking aside, if Nordfelt can learn to command his area (and CATCH NOT PUNCH) he could be a decent keeper.

If my Auntie had balls..........

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

New Goalkeeper Coach on 21:28 - Jun 26 with 2135 viewsTNT

New Goalkeeper Coach on 19:14 - Jun 26 by majorraglan

Having played for cardiff isn't really an issue, being a cardiff fan... now that's different.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

New Goalkeeper Coach on 21:42 - Jun 26 with 2097 viewsjasper_T

48 goalkeepers in the Championship had a better save % than him last season so that's another thing to work on before he can be decent.
New Goalkeeper Coach on 22:00 - Jun 26 with 2056 viewsmajorraglan

New Goalkeeper Coach on 21:28 - Jun 26 by TNT

Having played for cardiff isn't really an issue, being a cardiff fan... now that's different.

Being a Baglan boy he will have friends who are Cardiff fans and a friends who will be Swansea fans. I am sure he will be professional and will do the best he can for Swansea, he won’t want to let his peers or himself down. He’s an ex Welsh International and coaches England, I am sure he will be professional and as long as he does a good job I will be happy.
New Goalkeeper Coach on 22:24 - Jun 26 with 2006 viewsDr_Winston

New Goalkeeper Coach on 21:42 - Jun 26 by jasper_T

48 goalkeepers in the Championship had a better save % than him last season so that's another thing to work on before he can be decent.

I do enjoy it when you pretend that shit like "save percentages" actually has relevance to whether a player is any good or not.

This particular stat is a belter. Two goalkeepers at every Championship club had a better save percentage than Nordfelt. No idea how many games said keepers played, the quality of opposition faced, nature of shots faced, nothing.

It's just a meaningless mathematical percentage, which some people find oddly informative as to a players quality.

Weird.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New Goalkeeper Coach on 22:25 - Jun 26 with 2002 viewsBadlands

New Goalkeeper Coach on 22:00 - Jun 26 by majorraglan

Being a Baglan boy he will have friends who are Cardiff fans and a friends who will be Swansea fans. I am sure he will be professional and will do the best he can for Swansea, he won’t want to let his peers or himself down. He’s an ex Welsh International and coaches England, I am sure he will be professional and as long as he does a good job I will be happy.

'he will have friends who are Cardiff fans and a friends who will be Swansea fans.' Impossible!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

New Goalkeeper Coach on 22:45 - Jun 26 with 1922 viewsowainglyndwr

Can't get my head around local dicks in Neath PT which support scummers.
Anti Jack or had a few slaps around Swansea that turned them.
Grey haired guy outside the old Angel in Neath tried to give it big a week ago .
Sh@t house
Then passed a gorky looking guy in a old clapped out Fiesta with scum stickers and scarf on the front dash.
What's wrong with them.
New Goalkeeper Coach on 22:46 - Jun 26 with 1921 viewsKilkennyjack

😂

Beware of the Risen People

New Goalkeeper Coach on 22:48 - Jun 26 with 1921 viewsBrynmill_Jack

New Goalkeeper Coach on 21:42 - Jun 26 by jasper_T

48 goalkeepers, only 23 sides. Amazing stat that

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

New Goalkeeper Coach on 23:54 - Jun 26 with 1830 viewsjasper_T

New Goalkeeper Coach on 22:48 - Jun 26 by Brynmill_Jack

48 goalkeepers, only 23 sides. Amazing stat that

It is. When Nordfeldt played only 59.2% of shots on target didn't end up in the back of our net. Of the 56 goalkeepers that appeared in the division last season only Millwall's Ben Amos made double figures in appearances with a worse record than our Kris.

https://fbref.com/en/comps/10/keepers/Championship-Stats

Steve Bruce transformed Wednesday's season by recalling Westwood after he'd been frozen out under Luhukay. Almost 80% of shots on target kept out, 55% of his games ending in clean sheets.

Mulder at 72.6%. The numbers don't tell the whole story but when shot stopping is what some fans will claim Nordfeldt's decent at there's not a lot of hope for him.
New Goalkeeper Coach on 23:57 - Jun 26 with 1822 viewsjasper_T

New Goalkeeper Coach on 22:24 - Jun 26 by Dr_Winston

I do enjoy it when you pretend that shit like "save percentages" actually has relevance to whether a player is any good or not.

This particular stat is a belter. Two goalkeepers at every Championship club had a better save percentage than Nordfelt. No idea how many games said keepers played, the quality of opposition faced, nature of shots faced, nothing.

It's just a meaningless mathematical percentage, which some people find oddly informative as to a players quality.

Weird.

Nature of shots faced is a big part of Nordfeldt's problem. He doesn't claim balls in the air leading to lots of close range attempts at goal, which he then doesn't save.

Dismissing the relevance of "meaningless mathematical percentages" is some proper dinosaur nonsense. It's good for everyone that your breed is dying out in football.
New Goalkeeper Coach on 00:25 - Jun 27 with 1787 viewsItchySphincter

Six yard box would do..

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

New Goalkeeper Coach on 00:26 - Jun 27 with 1784 viewsItchySphincter

New Goalkeeper Coach on 22:24 - Jun 26 by Dr_Winston

Weird.

Jasper is full of shit, always has been.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

New Goalkeeper Coach on 06:49 - Jun 27 with 1649 viewsDr_Winston

New Goalkeeper Coach on 23:57 - Jun 26 by jasper_T

Nature of shots faced is a big part of Nordfeldt's problem. He doesn't claim balls in the air leading to lots of close range attempts at goal, which he then doesn't save.

Dismissing the relevance of "meaningless mathematical percentages" is some proper dinosaur nonsense. It's good for everyone that your breed is dying out in football.

Nature of shots faced is not save percentage. You've just confirmed my point.

Cooper will only understand Nordfelt's strengths and deficiencies by watching him play, either live or on video. What he's like under the high ball. What he's like with the ball at his feet. How he organises his back line. Discernible things that numbers simply don't tell you.

He won't learn what he needs to learn by looking at a spreadsheet. Worrying about crap like that is how we end up with Clucas. There is a place for statistical analysis but no manager or coach worth his salt will base his opinion of a player on them.

New Goalkeeper Coach on 07:12 - Jun 27 with 1617 viewsCaptain_Sham

New Goalkeeper Coach on 23:54 - Jun 26 by jasper_T

It is. When Nordfeldt played only 59.2% of shots on target didn't end up in the back of our net. Of the 56 goalkeepers that appeared in the division last season only Millwall's Ben Amos made double figures in appearances with a worse record than our Kris.

https://fbref.com/en/comps/10/keepers/Championship-Stats

Steve Bruce transformed Wednesday's season by recalling Westwood after he'd been frozen out under Luhukay. Almost 80% of shots on target kept out, 55% of his games ending in clean sheets.

Mulder at 72.6%. The numbers don't tell the whole story but when shot stopping is what some fans will claim Nordfeldt's decent at there's not a lot of hope for him.

Comparing the stats of a player who has played 35 minutes in a season is utterly ridiculous when comparing to the stats of a player who has played a whole season.
If you think that 56 goalkeepers delivered meaningful stats last season you are more deluded than I thought.
Stats are meaningless when presented without context, as almost all yours are.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2019 7:15]

Its just a ride.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024