Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Goalkeeper Coach 16:16 - Jun 26 with 4442 viewsDarran

Baglan legend.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New Goalkeeper Coach on 07:49 - Jun 27 with 1325 viewsPhil_S

New Goalkeeper Coach on 22:45 - Jun 26 by owainglyndwr

Can't get my head around local dicks in Neath PT which support scummers.
Anti Jack or had a few slaps around Swansea that turned them.
Grey haired guy outside the old Angel in Neath tried to give it big a week ago .
Sh@t house
Then passed a gorky looking guy in a old clapped out Fiesta with scum stickers and scarf on the front dash.
What's wrong with them.

Give my regards to the 1980s
New Goalkeeper Coach on 07:56 - Jun 27 with 1314 viewsjackrmee

New Goalkeeper Coach on 21:04 - Jun 26 by Dr_Winston

Joking aside, if Nordfelt can learn to command his area (and CATCH NOT PUNCH) he could be a decent keeper.

I really think so. I always tend to go a little over the top haha. I do think there is potential there for a good keeper with some coaching.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

New Goalkeeper Coach on 07:57 - Jun 27 with 1314 viewsjackrmee

New Goalkeeper Coach on 21:42 - Jun 26 by jasper_T

48 goalkeepers in the Championship had a better save % than him last season so that's another thing to work on before he can be decent.

48! Duw duw.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

New Goalkeeper Coach on 07:59 - Jun 27 with 1307 viewsPhil_S

New Goalkeeper Coach on 07:57 - Jun 27 by jackrmee

48! Duw duw.

It's the most bizarre stat I have ever read. Its like claiming the player who made the most passes is the best player or the person who had the most shots on target the best striker.

Stats are such a small part of the game and this is why we employ coaches and managers to do their job

Simple fact for me is we need an upgrade on keeper for this season but that is based on a personal opinion and nothing else
New Goalkeeper Coach on 08:02 - Jun 27 with 1302 viewsjackrmee

New Goalkeeper Coach on 23:57 - Jun 26 by jasper_T

Nature of shots faced is a big part of Nordfeldt's problem. He doesn't claim balls in the air leading to lots of close range attempts at goal, which he then doesn't save.

Dismissing the relevance of "meaningless mathematical percentages" is some proper dinosaur nonsense. It's good for everyone that your breed is dying out in football.

Exactly...so if he was able to command his box, many of those close range attempts on goal would not be happening.

New Goalkeeper Coach on 08:06 - Jun 27 with 1295 viewsjackrmee

New Goalkeeper Coach on 06:49 - Jun 27 by Dr_Winston

Nature of shots faced is not save percentage. You've just confirmed my point.

Cooper will only understand Nordfelt's strengths and deficiencies by watching him play, either live or on video. What he's like under the high ball. What he's like with the ball at his feet. How he organises his back line. Discernible things that numbers simply don't tell you.

He won't learn what he needs to learn by looking at a spreadsheet. Worrying about crap like that is how we end up with Clucas. There is a place for statistical analysis but no manager or coach worth his salt will base his opinion of a player on them.

And he's already seen all our matches, so maybe that's why we now have a new GK coach.

New Goalkeeper Coach on 08:08 - Jun 27 with 1288 viewsPhil_S

New Goalkeeper Coach on 08:02 - Jun 27 by jackrmee

Exactly...so if he was able to command his box, many of those close range attempts on goal would not be happening.

You need a stat to prove that

Let me make one up for you. Of the goalkeepers in the Championship who command their area 17 of the 35 that caught the ball more than 1 in 3 occasions had a better shor save ratio than the other 18. Of the 13 who didn't catch the ball that way then 3.7 of them had beans for breakfast at least twice per week whilst 8 had crunchy nut cornflakes.

Which when you add all that together then it tells you with categoric certainty that today is Thursday here in Swansea.
New Goalkeeper Coach on 08:14 - Jun 27 with 1283 viewsbuilthjack

New Goalkeeper Coach on 08:08 - Jun 27 by Phil_S

Let me make one up for you. Of the goalkeepers in the Championship who command their area 17 of the 35 that caught the ball more than 1 in 3 occasions had a better shor save ratio than the other 18. Of the 13 who didn't catch the ball that way then 3.7 of them had beans for breakfast at least twice per week whilst 8 had crunchy nut cornflakes.

Which when you add all that together then it tells you with categoric certainty that today is Thursday here in Swansea.

All that say s is they need to eat more beans

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

New Goalkeeper Coach on 08:14 - Jun 27 with 1280 views34dfgdf54

New Goalkeeper Coach on 00:26 - Jun 27 by ItchySphincter

Jasper is full of shit, always has been.

Got to agree with that unfortunately.
New Goalkeeper Coach on 08:16 - Jun 27 with 1280 viewsjackrmee

New Goalkeeper Coach on 07:59 - Jun 27 by Phil_S

It's the most bizarre stat I have ever read. Its like claiming the player who made the most passes is the best player or the person who had the most shots on target the best striker.

Stats are such a small part of the game and this is why we employ coaches and managers to do their job

Simple fact for me is we need an upgrade on keeper for this season but that is based on a personal opinion and nothing else

I kind of agree, but I'd prefer to see Nordveldt improve.
I like to watch the players off the ball and I'm really not sure if I've seen a keeper with so much confidence with the ball at his feet. Especially not at Swansea.
If the new coach can help him in other areas, we really would have a great keeper.

I think Mulder is a decent enough keeper too and we have a few up-n-comers.

I don't think it's easy to find a decent keeper who likes to play the ball about the back, so personally I would like to see our lads improve, so if we have to get someone in in that position, maybe a season long loan to give our boys a boot up the backside.

New Goalkeeper Coach on 08:18 - Jun 27 with 1272 views34dfgdf54

Managers and Coaches are for Dinosaurs.
New Goalkeeper Coach on 09:19 - Jun 27 with 1231 viewsraynor94

New Goalkeeper Coach on 07:49 - Jun 27 by Phil_S

Genuine laugh out loud moment

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

New Goalkeeper Coach on 12:03 - Jun 27 with 1162 viewsjasper_T

New Goalkeeper Coach on 08:08 - Jun 27 by Phil_S

It's concerning given your involvement in the Trust that you think making things up whole cloth is equivalent to the stats I post.

Concerning but not surprising.
New Goalkeeper Coach on 12:19 - Jun 27 with 1128 viewsbluey_the_blue

New Goalkeeper Coach on 07:49 - Jun 27 by Phil_S

Better music then.
New Goalkeeper Coach on 13:47 - Jun 27 with 1065 viewslondonlisa2001

New Goalkeeper Coach on 12:03 - Jun 27 by jasper_T

It's concerning given your involvement in the Trust that you think making things up whole cloth is equivalent to the stats I post.

Your unrelated dig at the Trust is concerning.

New Goalkeeper Coach on 14:28 - Jun 27 with 988 viewsJonathans_coat

Using the totally subjective data collection method of my eyes, and he deeply unreliable database of my memory, I can opine that Mulder is the safer option at present as Nordfeldts weaknesses are costing us more goals conceded.

Nordfeldt needs to work on corners and “command” of his area, and Mulder needs to work on his distribution, and both need to cut out the basic errors. If neither keeper can improve the weaknesses in their game this season, then it’s up to the incoming head of recruitment to look at alternatives.
New Goalkeeper Coach on 19:59 - Jun 27 with 856 viewsnantywatcher

New Goalkeeper Coach on 14:28 - Jun 27 by Jonathans_coat

Using the totally subjective data collection method of my eyes, and he deeply unreliable database of my memory, I can opine that Mulder is the safer option at present as Nordfeldts weaknesses are costing us more goals conceded.

Nordfeldt needs to work on corners and “command” of his area, and Mulder needs to work on his distribution, and both need to cut out the basic errors. If neither keeper can improve the weaknesses in their game this season, then it’s up to the incoming head of recruitment to look at alternatives.

More than anything Nordfelt needs a central defender in front of him who focuses on organising and working with his back line, rather than one that plays to the gallery with last minute Hollywood tackles, but is characteristically out of the frame when it really matters. I'm sure it won't take SC long to recognise that.
New Goalkeeper Coach on 23:06 - Jun 27 with 794 viewsTNT

New Goalkeeper Coach on 09:19 - Jun 27 by raynor94

Genuine laugh out loud moment

Ok, 1930's

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

New Goalkeeper Coach on 23:23 - Jun 27 with 782 viewsTNT

New Goalkeeper Coach on 22:00 - Jun 26 by majorraglan

Being a Baglan boy he will have friends who are Cardiff fans and a friends who will be Swansea fans. I am sure he will be professional and will do the best he can for Swansea, he won’t want to let his peers or himself down. He’s an ex Welsh International and coaches England, I am sure he will be professional and as long as he does a good job I will be happy.

It wasn't aimed at Margetson.

Having played for cardiff isn't really an issue - unless they've been a bit of a prik against us, like Jason Perry, Phil Dwyer. Being a cardiff fan (also like Jason Perry, Phil Dwyer)… is different.

And if Owain on here remembers the vitriol of the '70's, well so do I. So the do-gooders can do one.

New Goalkeeper Coach on 00:01 - Jun 28 with 772 viewssioni

New Goalkeeper Coach on 20:20 - Jun 26 by jackrmee

Bookmark this ya barstewards...

Margetson teaches Nordveldt how to command his box and he becomes the best ball playing GK in the world and is signed by Pep Guardiola for £100m after saving a pen in the playoff final to take us back into the prem.

I’ll go along with that but couldn’t you change the final playoff to a 6-0 win? I can’t take the tension these days.
New Goalkeeper Coach on 02:41 - Jun 28 with 744 viewsBluebird

New Goalkeeper Coach on 22:45 - Jun 26 by owainglyndwr

Can't get my head around local dicks in Neath PT which support scummers.
Anti Jack or had a few slaps around Swansea that turned them.
Grey haired guy outside the old Angel in Neath tried to give it big a week ago .
Sh@t house
Then passed a gorky looking guy in a old clapped out Fiesta with scum stickers and scarf on the front dash.
What's wrong with them.

Not just Neath either. There's a mini bus full from Gorseinon area at most home games 🤔
Spoke to one of them at a friendly in Torquay last year.
I told him you lot should be supporting swansea if your from that way. He said na we don't like them . Odd f ucker mind started showing me his tattoos of english bull terriers..
New Goalkeeper Coach on 07:58 - Jun 28 with 684 viewsKilkennyjack

New Goalkeeper Coach on 02:41 - Jun 28 by Bluebird

Not just Neath either. There's a mini bus full from Gorseinon area at most home games 🤔
I told him you lot should be supporting swansea if your from that way. He said na we don't like them . Odd f ucker mind started showing me his tattoos of english bull terriers..

Never happened. 😎

Beware of the Risen People

New Goalkeeper Coach on 09:42 - Jun 28 with 627 viewsSTID2017

Aside from him, Rob Brydon and (you of course !), anyone else famous come from Baglan ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

New Goalkeeper Coach on 11:27 - Jun 28 with 582 viewsBadlands

Spotted an ex-ST holder in a Pantardawe supermarket on Tuesday wearing a Man U kit (mid 50s!!!!!).
He is one of a number who claimed they weren't renewing season tickets in protest against the American owners.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

New Goalkeeper Coach on 20:48 - Jun 28 with 485 viewsTNT

Put it in a book butt. You'll get a whole chapter out of that fukcer.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024