Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. 21:10 - Jun 26 with 2474 viewsBrynCartwright

DJ deal worth 15 Mill.

A W-B deal worth 50 Mill!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48770843

They are the same age.

Yes, Aaron going from Crystal Palace, who are a Premier League team ( for how long?), but is this another example of us selling too cheap or Man Utd being ripped off for a player i've never heard of. Guess MU are desperate for replacements in the RB role now as Young is so old.

Can he really be worth more than 3 Dan James?

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 21:19 - Jun 26 with 2415 viewsmonmouth

Proven premier league player in a position that Utd need vs unproven championship player where they have Martial and Rashford. Plus the media hype. WB is touted as one of Ingerpop's next big things and presumably had longer on his contract. Jack Clarke's transfer from Leeds is probably more of a comparitor if you take away our bias. I doubt we'd could have got more for James, rvrn though I have a feeling his price will rocket ai ManU if he gets a fair go, and I hope there's some add ons.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2019 21:20]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 21:20 - Jun 26 with 2406 viewsDr_Winston

James has one decent season in the Championship behind him, a year left on his contract and wanted out.

Getting £15m for him was excellent work by Birch.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 21:22 - Jun 26 with 2386 viewsNeath_Jack

We pulled the mancs knickers down with DJ.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 21:30 - Jun 26 with 2362 viewsjack247

It’s a mental price for a fullback. He was one of the best in his position in the PL last season though.

Plus they presumably don’t have to sell. We needed to and there was no point trying to start a bidding war once Man Utd came in. We got a good price. Let’s hope we can shift the Ayews so we don’t have to spend it subsiding their loans.
Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 21:39 - Jun 26 with 2315 viewsmonmouth

Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 21:30 - Jun 26 by jack247

It’s a mental price for a fullback. He was one of the best in his position in the PL last season though.

Plus they presumably don’t have to sell. We needed to and there was no point trying to start a bidding war once Man Utd came in. We got a good price. Let’s hope we can shift the Ayews so we don’t have to spend it subsiding their loans.

Lets hope that now palace have some dosh they fling a few mill at us for shithead Ayew mark 2.

Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 21:39 - Jun 26 with 2315 viewsjasper_T

Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 21:19 - Jun 26 by monmouth

Proven premier league player in a position that Utd need vs unproven championship player where they have Martial and Rashford. Plus the media hype. WB is touted as one of Ingerpop's next big things and presumably had longer on his contract. Jack Clarke's transfer from Leeds is probably more of a comparitor if you take away our bias. I doubt we'd could have got more for James, rvrn though I have a feeling his price will rocket ai ManU if he gets a fair go, and I hope there's some add ons.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2019 21:20]

Jack Clarke is 18 and made 4 starts last season. DJ's closer to AWB in terms of age, experience and importance to his (former) club.

Established international, mun.
Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 21:44 - Jun 26 with 2296 viewsmonmouth

Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 21:39 - Jun 26 by jasper_T

Jack Clarke is 18 and made 4 starts last season. DJ's closer to AWB in terms of age, experience and importance to his (former) club.

Established international, mun.

Doesn't really work like that for Welsh or Irish internationals, and Leeds have a higher profile so their players get a premium, plus contract length.

Do you really think we could have squeezed more out of ManU for James, whatever we might think of his potential or worth?

Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 22:02 - Jun 26 with 2247 viewsjasper_T

Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 21:44 - Jun 26 by monmouth

Doesn't really work like that for Welsh or Irish internationals, and Leeds have a higher profile so their players get a premium, plus contract length.

Do you really think we could have squeezed more out of ManU for James, whatever we might think of his potential or worth?

No, we got a good fee.

If Wan Bissaka were at a Championship club he'd be a £15m player, too. Promising fullback with recognised deficiencies in key areas (final third contribution) following one breakthrough season. Max Aarons was supposedly next on United's list.

Clarke's fee is a more speculative lump on a much younger player for the future. Sounds like there will be a loan back to Leeds included.
Login to get fewer ads

Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 22:42 - Jun 26 with 2166 viewsjack247

Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 21:39 - Jun 26 by monmouth

Lets hope that now palace have some dosh they fling a few mill at us for shithead Ayew mark 2.

If it means they put in a bid for Jordan, the Wan Bissaka deal will be one of the best transfers of the summer for us.

Worry is they get £50m and more than that for Zaha, then set their sights a bit higher. Like others though, I’m confident someone will take him off our hands if Palace don’t.
Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 07:56 - Jun 27 with 2001 viewsPhil_S

Based on the opening salvos I am finding Man Utd's transfer policy weird at best

Tottenham probably wont need to strengthen to secure their top 4 place this year with Chelsea losing their star man and Man Utd buying players that will almost certainly see a change in management before Christmas.

Arsenal just don't have the same levels of ambition. There is a gap this year for a couple of the sides knocking at the door to break into the Top 6
Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 08:28 - Jun 27 with 1954 viewsFireboy2

Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 07:56 - Jun 27 by Phil_S

Based on the opening salvos I am finding Man Utd's transfer policy weird at best

Tottenham probably wont need to strengthen to secure their top 4 place this year with Chelsea losing their star man and Man Utd buying players that will almost certainly see a change in management before Christmas.

Arsenal just don't have the same levels of ambition. There is a gap this year for a couple of the sides knocking at the door to break into the Top 6

Agreed Phil.

Its going to be a two horse race again.

Going to be faf watching utd implode.
Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 08:30 - Jun 27 with 1942 viewsbluey_the_blue

Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 07:56 - Jun 27 by Phil_S

It's Ole.

At a guess, can't deal with egos in the dressing room so looking to get a much younger squad together who won't be as vocal. It's a step up from buying loads of Norwegians who had to be paid off to leave, I guess.

Spurs will invest and heavily. Given the spend on the stadium, competing at the top then as usual choking and being happy with a top 4 spot isn't enough. They need to strengthen at the back, need another striker - Kane picks up injuries.

Arsenal are a funny side. Wenger had them treading water for a long time, I'm not even sure what Emery is trying to do.
Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 09:44 - Jun 27 with 1849 viewsJackSomething

Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 08:30 - Jun 27 by bluey_the_blue

It's Ole.

At a guess, can't deal with egos in the dressing room so looking to get a much younger squad together who won't be as vocal. It's a step up from buying loads of Norwegians who had to be paid off to leave, I guess.

Spurs will invest and heavily. Given the spend on the stadium, competing at the top then as usual choking and being happy with a top 4 spot isn't enough. They need to strengthen at the back, need another striker - Kane picks up injuries.

Arsenal are a funny side. Wenger had them treading water for a long time, I'm not even sure what Emery is trying to do.

I know you hate Ole, but the weird transfer business is not him, it's Ed Woodward.

Look at United's transfer business since Ferguson and David Gill left. It's been a mess with no clear strategy no matter who the manager. United said they would be appointing a Director of Football months ago, yet no-one is in post. The Yanks don't care as long as the money keeps rolling in from United's newest stadium toilet roll sponsor and so Woodward will continue to lead them to failure. It's quite amusing.

If Mourinho couldn't get Woodward to sign the players he wanted, what chance does a relative neophyte like Ole have?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 11:05 - Jun 27 with 1761 viewsbluey_the_blue

Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 09:44 - Jun 27 by JackSomething

I know you hate Ole, but the weird transfer business is not him, it's Ed Woodward.

Look at United's transfer business since Ferguson and David Gill left. It's been a mess with no clear strategy no matter who the manager. United said they would be appointing a Director of Football months ago, yet no-one is in post. The Yanks don't care as long as the money keeps rolling in from United's newest stadium toilet roll sponsor and so Woodward will continue to lead them to failure. It's quite amusing.

If Mourinho couldn't get Woodward to sign the players he wanted, what chance does a relative neophyte like Ole have?

Ole has said he wants to go younger, bringing youth through as well. Woodward's current strategy was with Ole in mind, with his views.

Fully agree about their transfer business. Fergie left the club in a hell of a state, needing massive overhaul - hell, final season had to get Scholes out of retirement. Fergie left knowing going through the inevitable rebuild would tarnish his legacy - so he stitched Moyes right up.

I'm sure the Ole pitch to Woodward was along the lines of "look, I used to coach the youth here, going to bring them through, we don't need mercenaries coming in so target young players for the next decade". Since those would generally be cheaper than more experienced, older players, sure the Yanks have gone for it.
Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 15:45 - Jun 27 with 1621 viewsAl_Bundy

WB is a proven full back against Prem wingers

DJ has very little prem experience and will probably end up going out on loan.
Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 16:07 - Jun 27 with 1591 viewsUxbridge

Someone with a standout season in the Prem is always going to be worth several times more than one who had one in the Championship. Add in them not being Ingerlish and James only have 1 year left on his contract, and they're both equally bonkers amounts of money really.

Football is bonkers.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 12:48 - Jun 29 with 1329 views34dfgdf54

Just seen this on twitter:

Feb 2018:
"There wasn't much choice. If he hadn't played, I don't know who would have played there."
Roy Hodgson after injury crisis gave Wan-Bissaka his first senior app for Palace against Spurs

July 2019:
Joins Man Utd as the 6th most expensive defender of all time

Mad how many players must have slipped the net over the years. Backs up those on here, mainly Jasper in fairness, who say instead of bringing in youngsters from other clubs, give your own a run out. Get the feeling we may do a bit of both this year.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2019 12:48]
Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 09:37 - Jun 30 with 1093 viewsKilkennyjack

Anyone know the difference between recruitment and cherry picking ?

Our so-called cherry picking with Dan was spot on...😂😂

I think he will do very very well at ManUtd.
£15m is probably all we could expect ....but Man Utd have got a bargain.

Good luck Dan.

Beware of the Risen People

Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 11:15 - Jun 30 with 1045 viewsTom1912

Wan Bissaka was one of the best defenders in the PL last season. His tackling stats were extremely good.

That versus one good Championshiop season with one year left on his contract is a big difference.
Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 11:19 - Jun 30 with 1036 viewsgrabsplatter

Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 12:48 - Jun 29 by 34dfgdf54

Just seen this on twitter:

Feb 2018:
"There wasn't much choice. If he hadn't played, I don't know who would have played there."
Roy Hodgson after injury crisis gave Wan-Bissaka his first senior app for Palace against Spurs

July 2019:
Joins Man Utd as the 6th most expensive defender of all time

Mad how many players must have slipped the net over the years. Backs up those on here, mainly Jasper in fairness, who say instead of bringing in youngsters from other clubs, give your own a run out. Get the feeling we may do a bit of both this year.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2019 12:48]

Just like Ben getting his chance under Laudrup when Taylor got injured
Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 20:21 - Jun 30 with 948 views34dfgdf54

Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 11:19 - Jun 30 by grabsplatter

Just like Ben getting his chance under Laudrup when Taylor got injured

Laudrup has said since that Ben was always going to make a breakthrough, it just happened earlier due to Taylor’s injury.
Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 20:34 - Jun 30 with 935 viewsNeath_Jack

Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 20:21 - Jun 30 by 34dfgdf54

Laudrup has said since that Ben was always going to make a breakthrough, it just happened earlier due to Taylor’s injury.

Aye, Saint Mickey would say that now wouldn't he.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 21:27 - Jun 30 with 881 views34dfgdf54

Man U Dan James v Aaron Wan-Bissaka deals.. on 20:34 - Jun 30 by Neath_Jack

Aye, Saint Mickey would say that now wouldn't he.

Aye
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024