Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt 09:29 - Jun 27 with 1621 viewsDarran

What a question. Utterly utterly sickening. 🤮

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 10:07 - Jun 27 with 1558 viewsdickythorpe

What a very odd question?
What was the agenda there from Preston I wonder?
Possibly to make Hunt look cold?
Weird!
Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 10:08 - Jun 27 with 1557 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Pointless, intrusive and insensitive at best. Journalism is a big part of the problem today. I listened to an interview with someone from YouGov yesterday who said that in their polling on Brexit the majority of those responding said they did not understand the effect or potential benefits of Brexit.

The media have had three years to inform on this but prefer to focus on personality, sensation and fear.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 10:13 - Jun 27 with 1542 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Terrible what the fack does that have to do with anything!
Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 10:15 - Jun 27 with 1537 views3swan

What makes these so called journalists think they have the right to ask such deeply personal questions. Never rated Peston even less now. He even thought it ok to talk over Hunt while he gave his answer. Freedom of the media comes with responsibility, something shown by very few.
Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 10:29 - Jun 27 with 1503 viewsVincent_Vega

On a side note, Who is this Rachael Swindon I see on my timeline quite often?

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 10:32 - Jun 27 with 1496 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 10:15 - Jun 27 by 3swan

What makes these so called journalists think they have the right to ask such deeply personal questions. Never rated Peston even less now. He even thought it ok to talk over Hunt while he gave his answer. Freedom of the media comes with responsibility, something shown by very few.

In a liberal democracy the key role of the free press is to hold those with power and influence to account. There seems to be very little serious journalism in the mainstream press these days which partly explains why we have the likes of Boris and Corbyn at risk of being PM!

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 10:53 - Jun 27 with 1470 viewsLohengrin

Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 10:07 - Jun 27 by dickythorpe

Weird!

It would be an absolutely bizarre question to pose just out of the blue. It has to be within the context of the conversational framework, surely?

All I’ve seen is that short clip, did anybody on here catch the full interview? Was it about the NHS and infant mortality rates or something like that?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 10:58 - Jun 27 with 1454 viewsbluey_the_blue

Peston is and always has been about Brand Peston, not news, not objective skilled interviewing.
Login to get fewer ads

Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 10:59 - Jun 27 with 1450 viewsLeonWasGod

Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 10:07 - Jun 27 by dickythorpe

Weird!

Agreed on all points. Just bizarre.

Hunt dealt with it very well, but he shouldn't need to.
Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 12:42 - Jun 27 with 1363 viewsjackal

Why ask such a question?

Hunt would have been perfectly in his rights to tell him to f. off.
Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 12:52 - Jun 27 with 1331 viewslondonlisa2001

Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 10:53 - Jun 27 by Lohengrin

It would be an absolutely bizarre question to pose just out of the blue. It has to be within the context of the conversational framework, surely?

All I’ve seen is that short clip, did anybody on here catch the full interview? Was it about the NHS and infant mortality rates or something like that?

I watched it.

No - it was a complete change of subject to introduce it.

I had two thoughts - either Hunt had wanted it introduced for some reason, or it was an appalling, frankly sickening, invasion of his privacy to no discernible end.

Edited to add - sorry, pushed send too quickly.

I looked at Peston’s twitter this morning hoping for an answer to which one of those possibilities it was, and it seems that he had asked Hunt before the interview if he would be happy to talk about it and he had said yes.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2019 12:55]
Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 13:12 - Jun 27 with 1298 viewsLohengrin

Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 12:52 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

I watched it.

No - it was a complete change of subject to introduce it.

I had two thoughts - either Hunt had wanted it introduced for some reason, or it was an appalling, frankly sickening, invasion of his privacy to no discernible end.

Edited to add - sorry, pushed send too quickly.

I looked at Peston’s twitter this morning hoping for an answer to which one of those possibilities it was, and it seems that he had asked Hunt before the interview if he would be happy to talk about it and he had said yes.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2019 12:55]

‘Right that’s enough about Brexit, tell me about the accident that killed your sister when you were a young boy...’

I’m struggling to see the reason behind that at all. It’s not as if Hunt wanted it brought up from what you’ve told me, I’d imagine even after all these years it must still be painful to contemplate.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 13:19 - Jun 27 with 1274 viewssainthelens

Hunt/Boris would have more credibility if they just told the likes of Peston/Piers Morgan to fck off as that crap has no relevance.
Probably why I never ran for Mayor.
Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 13:23 - Jun 27 with 1264 viewsSirjohnalot

He’s apologised but said it was agreed before hand.

Irrespective of that, why is that even a topic worthy to bring up. Hunt would’ve been in his rights to tell him where to go.
Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 13:36 - Jun 27 with 1236 viewslondonlisa2001

Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 13:12 - Jun 27 by Lohengrin

‘Right that’s enough about Brexit, tell me about the accident that killed your sister when you were a young boy...’

I’m struggling to see the reason behind that at all. It’s not as if Hunt wanted it brought up from what you’ve told me, I’d imagine even after all these years it must still be painful to contemplate.

Agree.

Plus I’d assume Hunt’s mother and father would be watching.
Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 16:39 - Jun 27 with 1109 viewsunion_jack

You’re probably all right in thinking that Peston overstepped the Mark by a long way.

However, politics has thrown up some strange things lately. So I’ve tried to look at what Hunt could gain in these circumstances. If he did indeed approve the question then his answer of having empathy with people because of this tragedy in his life (which he said in the interview albeit as a maybe) may show him in a light which may gain him votes.

Now, before people go well and truly off the rails with this comment 1) this is politics at a very cut throat time and 2) I’m not really convinced that this is the case. I’m trying to think of a way where it’s not quite as ‘what you see is what you get.’

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 00:41 - Jun 28 with 909 viewshuwrichards57

Changing the subject slightly Peston really needs to vary the guests that he gets on. Same faces and voices every week it seems and makes it unwatchable IMO.
Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 07:11 - Jun 28 with 820 viewslifelong

Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 13:23 - Jun 27 by Sirjohnalot

He’s apologised but said it was agreed before hand.

Irrespective of that, why is that even a topic worthy to bring up. Hunt would’ve been in his rights to tell him where to go.

It was a very poor question, but if it was agreed before hand why would Hunt have done that? He would have had the opportunity to tell Peston not to do so.
Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 07:41 - Jun 28 with 790 viewsMrSwerve

Peston’s still in a lot of pain from his wife’s death. Maybe that contributed to his persistence in asking the question.

Uncomfortable viewing though, it must be said.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 07:58 - Jun 28 with 771 viewsexiledclaseboy

So Hunt agreed to the question in advance and is now the recipient of considerable public sympathy while he’s striving to be elected leader of the party. Job done then. David Cameron used to do it all the time about his son who passed away. He was shameless about it.

Poll: Tory leader

Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 08:04 - Jun 28 with 760 viewswestside

Normally politicians know in advance what questions their going to be asked otherwise they won't agreed to the interview in the first place.

Maybe Hunt wanted the question asked to go for the sympathy vote and get some attention for himself.
Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 08:32 - Jun 28 with 738 viewsMrSwerve

Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 07:58 - Jun 28 by exiledclaseboy

So Hunt agreed to the question in advance and is now the recipient of considerable public sympathy while he’s striving to be elected leader of the party. Job done then. David Cameron used to do it all the time about his son who passed away. He was shameless about it.

Indeed.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 08:51 - Jun 28 with 723 viewsBrynmill_Jack

It does seem more than plausible.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 14:53 - Jun 28 with 637 viewsJack_Meoff

It actually almost, almost made him seem human didn't it? Or at least less reptilian...

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Robert Peston to Jeremy Hunt on 15:10 - Jun 28 with 624 viewsbluey_the_blue

The bigger question is why Dazzer follows that waste of space freeloading liar Jon from Swindon...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024