Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. 12:53 - Jun 27 with 3254 viewsSymondsYatjack

I suppose someone on here will blame Brexit 😂
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 12:58 - Jun 27 with 1257 viewsItchySphincter

Hilarious.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 13:02 - Jun 27 with 1249 viewslondonlisa2001

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 12:58 - Jun 27 by ItchySphincter

Hilarious.

Innit.

Behind headline, however, this is a totting up of the closures already announced, including Bridgend, the place in France they are closing and factories in Russia.

The 12,000 figure includes agency and contract workers and 2,000 salaried employees. 1700 jobs in Bridgend.
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 13:14 - Jun 27 with 1222 viewsSymondsYatjack

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 13:02 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

Innit.

Behind headline, however, this is a totting up of the closures already announced, including Bridgend, the place in France they are closing and factories in Russia.

The 12,000 figure includes agency and contract workers and 2,000 salaried employees. 1700 jobs in Bridgend.

I blame Brexit. How dare people express their democratic right.😂
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 13:43 - Jun 27 with 1183 viewslondonlisa2001

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 13:14 - Jun 27 by SymondsYatjack

I blame Brexit. How dare people express their democratic right.😂

“That’s the problem with people like you.
Always dependent on politicians to give them a helping hand.
When will people realise, that their own destiny and life is in their own hands.”

That’s what you posted this week. You’re too dense to see the irony.

Relying on politicians to give you a helping hand by preventing others in Europe coming here and competing freely with you are you?

Hypocrite.
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 14:02 - Jun 27 with 1146 viewsSymondsYatjack

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 13:43 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

“That’s the problem with people like you.
Always dependent on politicians to give them a helping hand.
When will people realise, that their own destiny and life is in their own hands.”

That’s what you posted this week. You’re too dense to see the irony.

Relying on politicians to give you a helping hand by preventing others in Europe coming here and competing freely with you are you?

Hypocrite.

It’s not me they would be competing with.
Left the army at the age of 23 and became a millionaire by the age of 32.
Have recently sold a very successful air conditioning business too.

I do know a lot of tradesmen who have seen their incomes stagnant, due to cheap foreign labour flooding the UK. The sooner the UK leaves the better.
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 14:05 - Jun 27 with 1139 viewsHighjack

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 14:02 - Jun 27 by SymondsYatjack

I do know a lot of tradesmen who have seen their incomes stagnant, due to cheap foreign labour flooding the UK. The sooner the UK leaves the better.

Lend us a tenner.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 14:08 - Jun 27 with 1138 viewslondonlisa2001

Good for you. Use some of your money to buy some class. And some empathy for those who will genuinely struggle if this country’s economy takes a devastating shock while you reap the rewards of a lower tax regime.
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 14:20 - Jun 27 with 1110 viewsSymondsYatjack

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 14:08 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

Good for you. Use some of your money to buy some class. And some empathy for those who will genuinely struggle if this country’s economy takes a devastating shock while you reap the rewards of a lower tax regime.

I don’t think so. The country will be better off outside the Frankenstein project.
I remember the week before the referendum and I was at an oil refinery near Southampton, and there was a show of hands from the skilled tradesmen from one of the companies, and the vast, vast majority said they are voting to leave.

It’s these men who keep the infrastructure in this country going, clever people and they know what the consequences are for the race to the bottom, by letting in millions from mostly Eastern Europe.
Login to get fewer ads

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 14:24 - Jun 27 with 1098 viewslondonlisa2001

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 14:20 - Jun 27 by SymondsYatjack

I don’t think so. The country will be better off outside the Frankenstein project.
I remember the week before the referendum and I was at an oil refinery near Southampton, and there was a show of hands from the skilled tradesmen from one of the companies, and the vast, vast majority said they are voting to leave.

It’s these men who keep the infrastructure in this country going, clever people and they know what the consequences are for the race to the bottom, by letting in millions from mostly Eastern Europe.

And yet their employers think it’ll be a disaster.

And they’re the ones making the decisions.
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 14:26 - Jun 27 with 1092 viewsLord_Bony

dgt

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 14:31 - Jun 27 with 1073 viewsJacket

Farage would argue it is - no deal will hurt them more than us is the tune he's been repeating like a broken record. The smarmy tortoise skinned toff.
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 14:39 - Jun 27 with 1055 viewsSymondsYatjack

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 14:24 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

And yet their employers think it’ll be a disaster.

And they’re the ones making the decisions.

No they don’t.
You no doubt would have said it would be a disaster not to join the euro, at the time.
Just like John major, Tony Blair did.
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 14:39 - Jun 27 with 1053 viewsWingstandwood

That U.K tradesman experience is sadly standard experience for many now! The mass-importation of cheap/exploitative overseas labour has also been a force multiplier for the appalling growth of agency employment also.

The standard introductory JobCentre Plus A4 leaflet handed out to new jobseekers mainly consists of a list of agency employers along with another list of 'general search' websites that.......Yep!..Consist mainly of another load of agency employers. And I get an inkling you may know about unscrupulous fly by night agencies that are here today and gone tomorrow who fail to pay their employees in mass, and do a runner with pockets stuffed?

It's the youngsters and future school leavers I feel sorry for they're being robbed of their futures.

Argus!

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 14:40 - Jun 27 with 1048 viewslondonlisa2001

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 14:39 - Jun 27 by SymondsYatjack

No they don’t.
You no doubt would have said it would be a disaster not to join the euro, at the time.
Just like John major, Tony Blair did.

Yes they do.

And no I didn't want us to join the Euro.
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 14:46 - Jun 27 with 1039 viewsLeonWasGod

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 14:20 - Jun 27 by SymondsYatjack

We don't let in "millions from mostly Eastern Europe". Eastern Europeans are a relatively small component of net migration

- EU8 includes citizens of Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungry, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia.
- The EU2 grouping includes citizens of Bulgaria and Romania
- Non-EU citizens for comparison.

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 14:48 - Jun 27 with 1026 viewssg1912

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 14:40 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

Yes they do.

And no I didn't want us to join the Euro.

They think it will be a disaster because they will no longer have an unlimited pool of cheap labour that are prepared to work in poor conditions.

What were you saying about hypocrisy?
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 14:51 - Jun 27 with 1021 viewsLord_Bony

I have to say in my experience,the standard of living and quality of life in those Eastern European countries is far superior to ours. The climate is beautiful.

The cost of living is much lower, so they tend to come here, work for a bit and stuff their pockets, then send it back home or stash it away to live off for a few years because the pound sterling is strong against local currencies such as in Poland and Bulgaria etc.

I really don't think many of them would want to stay here long term, they would be mad to .

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 14:52 - Jun 27 with 1015 viewsJacket

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 14:46 - Jun 27 by LeonWasGod

We don't let in "millions from mostly Eastern Europe". Eastern Europeans are a relatively small component of net migration

- EU8 includes citizens of Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungry, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia.
- The EU2 grouping includes citizens of Bulgaria and Romania
- Non-EU citizens for comparison.

For this economy to grow, we need net-immigration of cheap labour. Brexit will lead directly to an increase in non-EU migrants. That is, unless the whole economy implodes.
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 15:15 - Jun 27 with 957 viewsSymondsYatjack

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 14:51 - Jun 27 by Lord_Bony

I have to say in my experience,the standard of living and quality of life in those Eastern European countries is far superior to ours. The climate is beautiful.

The cost of living is much lower, so they tend to come here, work for a bit and stuff their pockets, then send it back home or stash it away to live off for a few years because the pound sterling is strong against local currencies such as in Poland and Bulgaria etc.

I really don't think many of them would want to stay here long term, they would be mad to .

Many do stay. Fact.
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 15:21 - Jun 27 with 948 viewsWingstandwood

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 14:52 - Jun 27 by Jacket

For this economy to grow, we need net-immigration of cheap labour. Brexit will lead directly to an increase in non-EU migrants. That is, unless the whole economy implodes.

We need cheap Labour? I take it we need cheap labour as long as it's not you actually doing cheap labour yourself? Have you considered Conservative Party membership?

For credibility sake.... What is your onsite background? Your tickets? Your last site agent? Were you the one often send to the PortaKabin to quote "Get a box of sparks for the grinder"? What end of a King Dick Podger Spanner do you use for M12's?

What step ladder instruction course have you attended? Have you developed the skills to use a step ladder yet?

Argus!

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 15:25 - Jun 27 with 942 viewslondonlisa2001

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 14:48 - Jun 27 by sg1912

They think it will be a disaster because they will no longer have an unlimited pool of cheap labour that are prepared to work in poor conditions.

What were you saying about hypocrisy?

They’ll import any cheap labour they want from outside the EU. And immigrants from India / Bangladesh etc will work in poorer conditions than those from Poland. Guess what India are talking about in return for a free trade deal with them?

They think it’ll be a disaster because imported components will be a lot more expensive and subject to delays, leading to increased storage costs, exports will be harder as our biggest market will no longer be easily accessible and will be subject to tariffs, paperwork will increase exponentially due to customs restrictions, logistics routes will be cut off, subject to delay, or will have to reroute, investment will be harder to find, a shock to the UK economy will lead to a recessionary environment, downgrading of sovereign debt, higher interest rates and borrowing costs, with a shock to the UK consumer market leading to a decrease in demand, Sterling weakening will lead to an increase in cost of imported goods etc etc etc.

But you know, apart from all that, it’ll be great. What does Jacob say ? ah yes, better within 50 years.
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 15:29 - Jun 27 with 936 viewsSymondsYatjack

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 15:25 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

They’ll import any cheap labour they want from outside the EU. And immigrants from India / Bangladesh etc will work in poorer conditions than those from Poland. Guess what India are talking about in return for a free trade deal with them?

They think it’ll be a disaster because imported components will be a lot more expensive and subject to delays, leading to increased storage costs, exports will be harder as our biggest market will no longer be easily accessible and will be subject to tariffs, paperwork will increase exponentially due to customs restrictions, logistics routes will be cut off, subject to delay, or will have to reroute, investment will be harder to find, a shock to the UK economy will lead to a recessionary environment, downgrading of sovereign debt, higher interest rates and borrowing costs, with a shock to the UK consumer market leading to a decrease in demand, Sterling weakening will lead to an increase in cost of imported goods etc etc etc.

But you know, apart from all that, it’ll be great. What does Jacob say ? ah yes, better within 50 years.

All nonsense and you forget one very important fact, and that is the British people voted to leave.
So the politicians need to get on with it.

P.s and leaving means leaving all the institutions, single market etc.
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 15:32 - Jun 27 with 928 viewslondonlisa2001

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 15:21 - Jun 27 by Wingstandwood

We need cheap Labour? I take it we need cheap labour as long as it's not you actually doing cheap labour yourself? Have you considered Conservative Party membership?

For credibility sake.... What is your onsite background? Your tickets? Your last site agent? Were you the one often send to the PortaKabin to quote "Get a box of sparks for the grinder"? What end of a King Dick Podger Spanner do you use for M12's?

What step ladder instruction course have you attended? Have you developed the skills to use a step ladder yet?

He’s not saying that. Neither am I.

We’re both saying that the country has made the decision to grow in that way, and the people who are at the forefront of that decision are the ones most pushing for Brexit, as they think it’ll make it easier for them to have far less regulation in place. If you think the Poles are cheap, you’re in for a nasty surprise when you see who’ll come instead. Oh, and without the worker protections that the EU have introduced.
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 15:37 - Jun 27 with 920 viewslondonlisa2001

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 15:29 - Jun 27 by SymondsYatjack

All nonsense and you forget one very important fact, and that is the British people voted to leave.
So the politicians need to get on with it.

P.s and leaving means leaving all the institutions, single market etc.

It’s not nonsense, it’s just stuff you perhaps don’t understand.

PS - leaving doesn’t mean leaving the single market - I distinctly remember the vote leave campaign telling us we could be like Norway who are very much in the single market.
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 15:38 - Jun 27 with 913 viewsJacket

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 15:21 - Jun 27 by Wingstandwood

I forgot it was only people in the building trade that were qualified to speak on economic issues. Economists don't know shite, just construction personel. Keep that head shoved firmly up your own arse son.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024