Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. 12:53 - Jun 27 with 3252 viewsSymondsYatjack

I suppose someone on here will blame Brexit 😂
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 15:46 - Jun 27 with 676 viewsSWANSEYE

I blame Brexit
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 15:47 - Jun 27 with 672 viewsSymondsYatjack

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 15:38 - Jun 27 by Jacket

I forgot it was only people in the building trade that were qualified to speak on economic issues. Economists don't know shite, just construction personel. Keep that head shoved firmly up your own arse son.

Is that the same economists that said the UK had to join the euro.
Or the same economists, that didn’t see the credit crunch coming ?😂
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 15:48 - Jun 27 with 668 viewsDarran

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 14:02 - Jun 27 by SymondsYatjack

It’s not me they would be competing with.
Left the army at the age of 23 and became a millionaire by the age of 32.
Have recently sold a very successful air conditioning business too.

I do know a lot of tradesmen who have seen their incomes stagnant, due to cheap foreign labour flooding the UK. The sooner the UK leaves the better.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 15:50 - Jun 27 with 665 viewsSymondsYatjack

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 15:46 - Jun 27 by SWANSEYE

I blame Brexit

There were people on here not long ago blaming Brexit for Ford closing at Bridgend.
Another lie exposed.
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 15:54 - Jun 27 with 655 viewsJacket

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 15:47 - Jun 27 by SymondsYatjack

Your right, economists know shite, leave it dicks that think the whole economy turns around their sectors of the economy like the giant turd I'm responding to. Idiots who can't see outside their own narrow worlds are clearly the ones that know.
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 15:56 - Jun 27 with 649 viewsSymondsYatjack

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 15:54 - Jun 27 by Jacket

Your right, economists know shite, leave it dicks that think the whole economy turns around their sectors of the economy like the giant turd I'm responding to. Idiots who can't see outside their own narrow worlds are clearly the ones that know.

They certainly know shite, when it came to possibly joining the euro.
Where were they pre- credit crunch ?
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 16:00 - Jun 27 with 642 viewslondonlisa2001

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 15:47 - Jun 27 by SymondsYatjack

Specifically the governor of the Bank of England that didn’t see the financial crash coming is none other than Mervyn King, who is currently extolling the virtues of brexit.

No economists said joining the euro without economic convergence tests being met was a good idea.

But here’s the thing, (and as I said I didn’t want to join). The rate for joining was expected at 73p. That’s an exchange rate of €1.37. The exchange rate today is €1.12. So the Euro has strengthened against sterling by over 20% since that time. And that’s without us being in it (we would have strengthened the currency). We are still exposed to euro default if any occurs as we are so entwined through the banking system. So parroting the euro as a mistake by economists, isn’t so straightforward.
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 16:01 - Jun 27 with 638 viewsLord_Bony

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 15:15 - Jun 27 by SymondsYatjack

Many do stay. Fact.

Also many Brits choose to live and work in Eastern Europe. Thats a fact!

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Login to get fewer ads

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 16:06 - Jun 27 with 623 viewsJacket

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 15:56 - Jun 27 by SymondsYatjack

They certainly know shite, when it came to possibly joining the euro.
Where were they pre- credit crunch ?

I know plenty of people working in finance who were opposed to the Euro but are shitting a brick about no-deal Brexit. The FT were staunchly anti-Euro but are so anti-Brexit that some Brexiters claim they are liberals. That's how furcked up many pro-Brexit arguements are, they are now calling the FT liberal Remoaners. Give me strength. Still it comes back to your fav argument - we won you lost get over it! Quite easy for millionaires like yourself and Farage to say. Let's see how well the construction guy fares. He may well know that sky hooks don't exist and elbow grease don't come in tubs, but there'll be no work-experience guys to impress with such hilarious quips if there's no work.
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 16:35 - Jun 27 with 584 viewslondonlisa2001

We’ll wait for dgt’s post re PSA and Vauxhall.
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 16:37 - Jun 27 with 581 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Falling demand in China, dop off in diesel sales, more electric vehicles and moves to different less expensive models of car use UBER, car sharing, short term rentals etc. in cities are worldwide changes.

Brexit creates more uncertainty in already uncertain times making Britain less favourable until the situation is resolved.

Meanwhile our politicians continue to dick around.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2019 16:37]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 17:20 - Jun 27 with 553 viewssg1912

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 15:25 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

They’ll import any cheap labour they want from outside the EU. And immigrants from India / Bangladesh etc will work in poorer conditions than those from Poland. Guess what India are talking about in return for a free trade deal with them?

They think it’ll be a disaster because imported components will be a lot more expensive and subject to delays, leading to increased storage costs, exports will be harder as our biggest market will no longer be easily accessible and will be subject to tariffs, paperwork will increase exponentially due to customs restrictions, logistics routes will be cut off, subject to delay, or will have to reroute, investment will be harder to find, a shock to the UK economy will lead to a recessionary environment, downgrading of sovereign debt, higher interest rates and borrowing costs, with a shock to the UK consumer market leading to a decrease in demand, Sterling weakening will lead to an increase in cost of imported goods etc etc etc.

But you know, apart from all that, it’ll be great. What does Jacob say ? ah yes, better within 50 years.

I think the key difference is that we will be able to pick and choose which migrants we want from outside the EU. + Freedom of movement is ok if it’s beneficial to both parties.

Yet again you’re assuming the worst case scenario to be reality , as it suits your political views.
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 17:23 - Jun 27 with 548 viewsbluey_the_blue

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 15:25 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

They’ll import any cheap labour they want from outside the EU. And immigrants from India / Bangladesh etc will work in poorer conditions than those from Poland. Guess what India are talking about in return for a free trade deal with them?

They think it’ll be a disaster because imported components will be a lot more expensive and subject to delays, leading to increased storage costs, exports will be harder as our biggest market will no longer be easily accessible and will be subject to tariffs, paperwork will increase exponentially due to customs restrictions, logistics routes will be cut off, subject to delay, or will have to reroute, investment will be harder to find, a shock to the UK economy will lead to a recessionary environment, downgrading of sovereign debt, higher interest rates and borrowing costs, with a shock to the UK consumer market leading to a decrease in demand, Sterling weakening will lead to an increase in cost of imported goods etc etc etc.

But you know, apart from all that, it’ll be great. What does Jacob say ? ah yes, better within 50 years.

India want an expansion in visas for IT workers, which is laughable to anyone in the industry.
There are widespread visa abuses not acted on at present; HMG talk a good game about wanting to build the tech sector yet have zero clue about it.
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 17:26 - Jun 27 with 540 viewslondonlisa2001

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 17:23 - Jun 27 by bluey_the_blue

India want an expansion in visas for IT workers, which is laughable to anyone in the industry.
There are widespread visa abuses not acted on at present; HMG talk a good game about wanting to build the tech sector yet have zero clue about it.

Exactly. So that’s our fault. Not the EU.
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 17:28 - Jun 27 with 535 viewsbluey_the_blue

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 17:26 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

Exactly. So that’s our fault. Not the EU.

Didn't say it was...
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 17:30 - Jun 27 with 530 viewslondonlisa2001

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 17:28 - Jun 27 by bluey_the_blue

Didn't say it was...

Well you seem to think leaving will solve a lot. My point throughout, in relation to effect on workers, is it won’t.
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 17:36 - Jun 27 with 527 viewsbluey_the_blue

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 17:30 - Jun 27 by londonlisa2001

Well you seem to think leaving will solve a lot. My point throughout, in relation to effect on workers, is it won’t.

Jeez, only popped into make a point re visas and sh1t Indian IT workers..

I think it could if an effective immigration strategy with enforcement is in place.

EDIT: The problem at the moment is unskilled workers. "Natives" unhappy to do what they believe to be menial jobs with low pay believing thy are entitled to loadsamoney for reasons. Limit, stop unskilled workers arriving. Locals don't want to take to those jobs on? Fine,but don't expect the taxpayer to fund your lifestyle of watching whatever is replacing Jeremy Kyle.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2019 17:39]
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 17:47 - Jun 27 with 513 viewsSymondsYatjack

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 17:20 - Jun 27 by sg1912

I think the key difference is that we will be able to pick and choose which migrants we want from outside the EU. + Freedom of movement is ok if it’s beneficial to both parties.

Yet again you’re assuming the worst case scenario to be reality , as it suits your political views.

Spot on. Lisa is blinded by her extreme liberal agenda.
The idea we could remain in the Frankenstein project after the referendum result is ridiculous.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2019 17:54]
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 17:49 - Jun 27 with 510 viewsSymondsYatjack

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 16:01 - Jun 27 by Lord_Bony

Also many Brits choose to live and work in Eastern Europe. Thats a fact!

How many Brits live and work in Poland ?
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 18:05 - Jun 27 with 486 viewslonglostjack

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 17:47 - Jun 27 by SymondsYatjack

Spot on. Lisa is blinded by her extreme liberal agenda.
The idea we could remain in the Frankenstein project after the referendum result is ridiculous.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2019 17:54]

You still running the Swansea half-marathon in 14 minutes ?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 18:21 - Jun 27 with 462 viewsLeonWasGod

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 16:37 - Jun 27 by JACKMANANDBOY

Falling demand in China, dop off in diesel sales, more electric vehicles and moves to different less expensive models of car use UBER, car sharing, short term rentals etc. in cities are worldwide changes.

Brexit creates more uncertainty in already uncertain times making Britain less favourable until the situation is resolved.

Meanwhile our politicians continue to dick around.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2019 16:37]

Quite. Brexit doesn’t help at a time that particular industry is going through fairly massive changes. As proven again today by the announcement that Ellesmere Port may get the new Astra as long as the brexiteers don’t feck us over.
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 18:26 - Jun 27 with 447 viewsLeonWasGod

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 17:49 - Jun 27 by SymondsYatjack

How many Brits live and work in Poland ?

About 40k.

If you look simply at which country in the EU has the most citizens living abroad, it’s the UK. What do you want to do with them?
Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 18:54 - Jun 27 with 418 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I don’t pretend to have great knowledge of these matters, I ran a company that I started for 33 years employing an average of 25 people before selling it and retiring nine years ago.

The idea that the working man and woman should follow Boris Johnson, Nigel Fararge, Jacob Rees Mogg, Michael Gove and Jeremy Hunt and that these people will lead them to the sunlit uplands simply beggars belief.

Sure, the system wasn’t working for these people but the answer is not that political coward Boris Johnson. If it is they’re asking the wrong question.

Bright, intelligent people will always get on and succeed but a lot of people who have put their faith in these charlatans are going to suffer for it.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 19:06 - Jun 27 with 408 viewslonglostjack

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 18:54 - Jun 27 by Joe_bradshaw

I don’t pretend to have great knowledge of these matters, I ran a company that I started for 33 years employing an average of 25 people before selling it and retiring nine years ago.

The idea that the working man and woman should follow Boris Johnson, Nigel Fararge, Jacob Rees Mogg, Michael Gove and Jeremy Hunt and that these people will lead them to the sunlit uplands simply beggars belief.

Sure, the system wasn’t working for these people but the answer is not that political coward Boris Johnson. If it is they’re asking the wrong question.

Bright, intelligent people will always get on and succeed but a lot of people who have put their faith in these charlatans are going to suffer for it.

Top post.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 19:13 - Jun 27 with 401 viewssg1912

Ford to cut 12,000 jobs in Europe. on 18:26 - Jun 27 by LeonWasGod

About 40k.

If you look simply at which country in the EU has the most citizens living abroad, it’s the UK. What do you want to do with them?

Are pensioners living in the Costa del Sol putting local tradesmen out of work?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024