Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nominations For The Trust Board 13:30 - Jun 27 with 6839 viewsDarran

Andrew Cude

Dave Dalton

Sian Davies

Cath Dyer

Andrew Godden

Roger Goodwin

Stuart McDonald

Terry Sinnett

Aaron O'Shea

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Nominations For The Trust Board on 19:53 - Jul 5 with 1103 viewsexiledclaseboy

Nominations For The Trust Board on 19:51 - Jul 5 by swancity

Only that the views of the Trust board are key. They can influence others. Remember Uxbridge doing his best last time around to scupper it. ?

Uxy can speak for himself so I’m not going there and I wasn’t on the board at that time. But yes, of course the board can influence members’ views. Not disputing that at all.

Poll: Tory leader

Nominations For The Trust Board on 23:45 - Jul 5 with 993 viewsUxbridge

Nominations For The Trust Board on 19:53 - Jul 5 by exiledclaseboy

Uxy can speak for himself so I’m not going there and I wasn’t on the board at that time. But yes, of course the board can influence members’ views. Not disputing that at all.

Someone is just sore that inaccuracies got corrected. A lot of nonsense was said about legal action last time. A lot of it is still nonsense, and I'm in favour of it. Some people didn't like that pointed out.

Oh and I'd also like to apologise for the random capitalisations in my statement. I can only assume somebody's version of Word is on the fritz.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Nominations For The Trust Board on 00:46 - Jul 6 with 966 viewsGowerjack

Nominations For The Trust Board on 19:16 - Jun 27 by Neath_Jack

He used the word regime, I'm out.

(not that i was ever in mind you).

And the word "stakeholder"

For that reason I too am out.

#votecude

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Nominations For The Trust Board on 01:52 - Jul 6 with 946 viewsDJack

Nominations For The Trust Board on 19:50 - Jul 5 by exiledclaseboy

By the way, I apologise for the horrendous grammar in my 250 word statement. That wasn’t my doing.

What, didn't you write it?...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Nominations For The Trust Board on 02:07 - Jul 6 with 945 viewsNotLoyal

Anyone from aberdare ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Nominations For The Trust Board on 02:09 - Jul 6 with 937 viewsDJack

Nominations For The Trust Board on 02:07 - Jul 6 by NotLoyal

Anyone from aberdare ?

I heard a mate of Gylfi is talking...and talking...and talking

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Nominations For The Trust Board on 06:50 - Jul 6 with 894 viewsepaul

Had my papers and voted, #votecude #voteUx

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Nominations For The Trust Board on 10:47 - Jul 6 with 825 viewsmarchamjack

Just read the candidates statements.

Well done the 3 who stated whether they’re for/ against legal action. The 2 on here who said they’re for it got my vote. Didn’t vote for anyone else.

How can the rest duck the issue? Makes me angry tbh that people are standing and haven’t declared their hand on THE biggest issue facing The Trust. If you’re for or against you want to vote for people who’ll lead your views into any dealings with the Yanks. Cannot believe those who haven’t declared their hand and are standing. Get off the fence and tell us!

Anyway, we’ll done Cudey and Ux 👍

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Login to get fewer ads

Nominations For The Trust Board on 10:52 - Jul 6 with 821 viewsexiledclaseboy

Nominations For The Trust Board on 01:52 - Jul 6 by DJack

What, didn't you write it?...

The content is all mine. The dodgy capital letters, commas etc were added in post production, so to speak.

Nominations For The Trust Board on 12:27 - Jul 6 with 773 viewsjackrmee

Nominations For The Trust Board on 19:53 - Jul 5 by Vetchfielder

Yes , that's why I only voted for 4.

The vote on legal action is the most important thing the Trust will have done since, well, erm, the last one and I cannot understand why some have skirted around the issue in their statements.

I know the 2 Andy's views - thanks to them for making that known.
Stuart, I feel, has done a very good job in difficult circumstances so he got my vote, irrespective of his view on legal action, whatever that may be.
Terry Sinnett, whilst not mentioning his views on legal action, brings a new face to the table and his statement was good.

If the others had stated their views on legal action, I might have voted for them too but they didn't. And, for the current incumbents, being on the Trust Board, they should by now have seen most of the pre-vote info, if not all of it, so they should already know how they will vote. However, they have chosen to take a neutral route by avoiding the issue altogether. That might have gained them some votes but not mine I'm afraid.

Surely it doesn't really matter if the nominees mention it?
We vote for what we want to do and they then facilitate that right?

I mean...isn't it more important to have people with different characteristics and strengths, rather than everyone who supports legal action?

Surely matters more that the voters are supporting legal action than the elected board members?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Nominations For The Trust Board on 12:37 - Jul 6 with 767 viewsmarchamjack

Nominations For The Trust Board on 12:27 - Jul 6 by jackrmee

I mean...isn't it more important to have people with different characteristics and strengths, rather than everyone who supports legal action?

Surely matters more that the voters are supporting legal action than the elected board members?

Disagree

Bit like May being a Remainer and not leading effective negotiations for us to Brexit

I want to vote for people of the same mind as me who I then know will push for legal action properly

Nominations For The Trust Board on 12:56 - Jul 6 with 757 viewsDJack

Nominations For The Trust Board on 10:52 - Jul 6 by exiledclaseboy

The content is all mine. The dodgy capital letters, commas etc were added in post production, so to speak.

I was only joking as I have zero concerns as to your integrity. Good luck.

Nominations For The Trust Board on 13:09 - Jul 6 with 748 viewsjackrmee

Nominations For The Trust Board on 12:37 - Jul 6 by marchamjack

Disagree

Bit like May being a Remainer and not leading effective negotiations for us to Brexit

I want to vote for people of the same mind as me who I then know will push for legal action properly

But surely it's not up to them to "push" for legal action?
Legal action will be taken by the legal team if the members vote on it. They will have nothing to do with that. Or am I wrong?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Nominations For The Trust Board on 13:17 - Jul 6 with 736 viewsmarchamjack

Nominations For The Trust Board on 13:09 - Jul 6 by jackrmee

But surely it's not up to them to "push" for legal action?
Legal action will be taken by the legal team if the members vote on it. They will have nothing to do with that. Or am I wrong?

I work with lawyers on a regular basis, lawyers take instructions/directions from the client (in this case The Trust) and there is a world of difference in lawyers being instructed by the client team who believe in the case than in those cases where the client is more ambivalent to the case in hand. A world of difference.

That’s why it’s important to me to have Members of The Trust who support action compared to those who don’t. It really is as clear cut as that.

Nominations For The Trust Board on 13:21 - Jul 6 with 730 viewswaynekerr55

Nominations For The Trust Board on 10:47 - Jul 6 by marchamjack

Just read the candidates statements.

Well done the 3 who stated whether they’re for/ against legal action. The 2 on here who said they’re for it got my vote. Didn’t vote for anyone else.

How can the rest duck the issue? Makes me angry tbh that people are standing and haven’t declared their hand on THE biggest issue facing The Trust. If you’re for or against you want to vote for people who’ll lead your views into any dealings with the Yanks. Cannot believe those who haven’t declared their hand and are standing. Get off the fence and tell us!

Anyway, we’ll done Cudey and Ux 👍

Aaron O'Shea, fair play for putting his head on the block, however I wont vote for him. We would be diluted if we held onto the shareholding- we need funds for a rainy day. Shìt or bust°

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Nominations For The Trust Board on 14:07 - Jul 6 with 712 viewsVetchfielder

Nominations For The Trust Board on 12:27 - Jul 6 by jackrmee

I agree that it's important to have that mix of characteristics and strengths, rather than everyone who supports legal action.
But I'm being critical of their position in not even mentioning their views, rather than the fact that they are, or may be, against legal action. Most have ducked out of giving a view and ignored the elephant in the room.
I like to think that I weigh up all those factors and, in fact, had Stuart said he was against legal action I would still have voted for him.
They will probably say that their view on legal action is not important and that they should be judged on their achievements and personal qualities.
But for this year, for this particular vote, I am particularly interested in their position on legal action and they haven't provided that key bit of information.

Proud to have been one of the 231

Nominations For The Trust Board on 15:14 - Jul 6 with 667 viewsswancity

Nominations For The Trust Board on 14:07 - Jul 6 by Vetchfielder

I agree that it's important to have that mix of characteristics and strengths, rather than everyone who supports legal action.
But I'm being critical of their position in not even mentioning their views, rather than the fact that they are, or may be, against legal action. Most have ducked out of giving a view and ignored the elephant in the room.
I like to think that I weigh up all those factors and, in fact, had Stuart said he was against legal action I would still have voted for him.
They will probably say that their view on legal action is not important and that they should be judged on their achievements and personal qualities.
But for this year, for this particular vote, I am particularly interested in their position on legal action and they haven't provided that key bit of information.

You’d vote for Stuart if he said he was against legal action ??

Why ?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Nominations For The Trust Board on 15:37 - Jul 6 with 656 viewsjackrmee

Nominations For The Trust Board on 15:14 - Jul 6 by swancity

Why ?

Because they act for the trust and not themselves?

Nominations For The Trust Board on 15:41 - Jul 6 with 651 viewsswancity

Nominations For The Trust Board on 15:37 - Jul 6 by jackrmee

Because they act for the trust and not themselves?

Exactly. So why would any one not want legal action? If they were acting for the trust that is.

Nominations For The Trust Board on 16:22 - Jul 6 with 616 viewsjackrmee

Nominations For The Trust Board on 15:41 - Jul 6 by swancity

Exactly. So why would any one not want legal action? If they were acting for the trust that is.

Because they might have a difference of opinion, or believe there is better ways to resolve things.
Doesn't mean they are hell bent on doing it there way though and would refuse to do their job in representing the Trust.

Nominations For The Trust Board on 16:38 - Jul 6 with 603 viewsswancity

Nominations For The Trust Board on 16:22 - Jul 6 by jackrmee

Because they might have a difference of opinion, or believe there is better ways to resolve things.
Doesn't mean they are hell bent on doing it there way though and would refuse to do their job in representing the Trust.

Nah disagree. Anyone involved on that Trust presently who cannot support legal
Action in an attempt to claim what is theirs needs to carefully consider their involvement and then walk away from it.

Nominations For The Trust Board on 17:39 - Jul 6 with 563 viewsVetchfielder

Nominations For The Trust Board on 15:14 - Jul 6 by swancity

Why ?

Because I am considering the advantages of having Stuart continuing his stint as Supporter Director. He took over from Huw Cooze at a difficult time, has built some proverbial bridges, putting in a lot of hours and is doing a really good job for us. He's a good bloke and a proper supporter. Anyway, he could very well be in favour of legal action.

Having said that, for the others, their views on legal action are more important to me so the absence of a comment on this is their statement is a down arrow for me.

It looks like I'm not as "ultra" about this as you are, and that's fair enough, but on the other extreme there'll be some voting members who probably won't even have noticed that some candidates have said nothing about it.

Nominations For The Trust Board on 17:43 - Jul 6 with 560 viewsVetchfielder

OK, question for Phil, Ux or ECB :-

I don't expect you to name names or even provide numbers but are there any members of the current Trust Board who are against legal action?

Nominations For The Trust Board on 17:46 - Jul 6 with 556 viewsexiledclaseboy

Nominations For The Trust Board on 17:43 - Jul 6 by Vetchfielder

OK, question for Phil, Ux or ECB :-

I don't expect you to name names or even provide numbers but are there any members of the current Trust Board who are against legal action?

I think it’s fair to say that there’s a mix of opinion on the subject among the current trust board.

Nominations For The Trust Board on 17:49 - Jul 6 with 552 viewsDippy

Nominations For The Trust Board on 17:46 - Jul 6 by exiledclaseboy

I think it’s fair to say that there’s a mix of opinion on the subject among the current trust board.

Get straight to the point, yes or no, black or white.. stop fence sitting and stick it in there..

Poll: Cooper Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024